Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

There's absolutely no danger we will need to pay more than £150k for anyone sub-premiership level this summer. Clubs are on their knees!

I would hazard a guess that Wighton + £100k would secure Nisbet.

They might accept £50k without Wighton.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Special Agent Dale Cooper
Just now, wavydavy said:

Quite possibly! This talk of £600k is frankly hilarious!

Hibs and Utd allegedly bid 350k - 400k in Jan and reportedly keen on getting this window - be pleasantly surprised if we were able to get him instead. Would make a real statement and definitely worth a gamble imo.

Player + Cash + a sell on fee AND a Covid style match like back in the BDO Admin Fundraiser all those years ago.

Be surprised to see much money going out until Arbitration done and dusted after the United QC mentioned we clearly weren't hard up for cash as we'd just paid for Robbie. Any money should be undisclosed :)

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Perhaps 150k + Zlamal, Doyle, White, Garuccio, Damour, Morrison and Wighton?

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Imagine getting outbid by Bristol Rovers to resign one of our own. ****ing hell, what have we become. :facepalm:

Believe they have offered him more than double what we offered him. 

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Not Bristol City mate. If it was Bristol City, fair do's. They're a decent sized club. 

It's Bristol Rovers, a mid table league 1 team. The equivalent of being outbid by St Johnstone. :facepalm:

They are probably spending about 80% of their income on wages like most English clubs. 

However there’s likely to be a salary cap next season of 20 player squads at max total wages of £2.5m in League 1. That’s an average of £2k per week.  Seems odd that they are offering him so much more than us. 

Dodged a bullet with Nicholson in my opinion - good luck to him but glad we are not signing him. 

Edited by PTBCAL

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

We'll probably be in the Championship next season, are currently involved in a legal battle and already have plenty of strikers (one or two will probably leave, but that hasn't happened yet). Paying a 5 figure fee for Nisbet doesn't really make sense on any level just now.

How about a six figure fee then? 

26 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The Wash will be off I reckon. Boyce, Nisbet and Uche as the 3 strikers next season, Naisy also able to play there. 

And Henderson. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How about a six figure fee then? 

I meant to type 6. That makes even less sense.

jamboinglasgow

Could be money and a few players on loan. At a time when money is tight they could benefit from a few fringe players they don't have to pay for

5 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Dodged a bullet with Nicholson in my opinion - good luck to him but glad we are not signing him. 

So that's a 👎 to getting him then.  All the best to him, no hard feelings here.

LarrysRightFoot

I was worried that Neilson might fancy Uche and from of the comments on here it sounds as though that’s the case. 

Personally I don’t feel he is required and would be fairly easy to get rid of. He may do well in the Championship (if that’s where we end up) due to his size and physicality but he hasn't developed or improved his game enough for the Prem. 

rudi must stay
25 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I was worried that Neilson might fancy Uche and from of the comments on here it sounds as though that’s the case. 

Personally I don’t feel he is required and would be fairly easy to get rid of. He may do well in the Championship (if that’s where we end up) due to his size and physicality but he hasn't developed or improved his game enough for the Prem. 

He should rate him Uche is a nightmare if you can improve him. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Could be money and a few players on loan. At a time when money is tight they could benefit from a few fringe players they don't have to pay for

And we have quite a few who will be looking for game time next season with almost certainly no reserve games 

Leveins Battalion

Maybe something in the Nisbet deal,both Hearts and Pars fans seen to think he is signing for us.🤷‍♂️

LarrysRightFoot
9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Maybe something in the Nisbet deal,both Hearts and Pars fans seen to think he is signing for us.🤷‍♂️

Some Pars fans saying he’s going to Hibs.

Fluorescent Adolescent
10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He might well do but I wouldn’t be surprised if they are saying so on the back of Neilson apparently being interested whilst at Utd.

Edited by Fluorescent Adolescent

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He is heavily involved with the Dunfermline trust, whatever that is. I guess only time will tell.

I've just had a further message saying everything has been agreed between Dunfermline and HMFC and it is just down to personal terms being agreed, and these have been getting discussed this week. He doesn't know what it will be costing us but did say bids from Hibs and Dundee United were turned down, and the higher of those was £450k.

Guest ToqueJambo
53 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He would be an absolute machine in the Championship. Worth it for entertainment value alone. Like Genaro Zeefuik on steroids.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

He would be an absolute machine in the Championship. Worth it for entertainment value alone. Like Genaro Zeefuik on steroids.

Probably better than signing diddies from Championship teams tbf. 🤷

Clerry Jambo
14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've just had a further message saying everything has been agreed between Dunfermline and HMFC and it is just down to personal terms being agreed, and these have been getting discussed this week. He doesn't know what it will be costing us but did say bids from Hibs and Dundee United were turned down, and the higher of those was £450k.

Benefactor stepping up again:greggy:

Rick Sanchez

Totally random but I think we'll end up signing Andy Halliday. Especially if McCulloch signs on.

:random:

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 18:26, Agentjambo said:

Nothing to do with union Jacks.you said we have 3 better strikers than him...ok perhaps Boyce,Naismith debatable.The 3rd Uche??

So you admit you are wrong but instead of just acknowledging that you want to try and be shall we say smart (though clearly you are not)..its not even a debate between Naismith and Lafferty..indeed its embarrassing to even consider it.

Washington is also better player (scored more than Lafferty last season and he was injured for almost half of it) if we are judging it these days than a 33 year old Lafferty..and he will be 33 by the seasons start is just not good enough for us

PS it is about your union jack waving fans and you know it

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Benefactor stepping up again:greggy:

Think you could be right.

Imo Neilson has probably stated what he wants prior to coming back,would imagine that if he was keen on taking to Utd makes sense he wants him at Tynecastle.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Probably better than signing diddies from Championship teams tbf. 🤷

Smooth out his rough edges and play him in the right position and he could run riot. If he can run riot against Aberdeen and Celtic as he has done he certainly do it against championship teams. Not sure about the Premiership. If we can find a better option we should move him on.

19 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

We aren't paying 450k + for any player  far less Nisbett 😂

"Pre-Covid" bids and "During Covid" bids are going to be drastically different.  Most teams will look to sell anyone they can, for what they can get, and sign out of contract replacements as there will be thousands of players out of work. 

League 2 teams may have plenty 16/17 year olds to fill up their squads - "Yoppers" in my day!  😃

All this talk of paying half a million or there about for a player from Dunfermline is just stupid talk 

The guy might come but we won’t be paying anything near that 

Салатные палочки

Maybe a deal worth £450K but not a chance we'll be paying that in cash for him. 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, theshed said:

All this talk of paying half a million or there about for a player from Dunfermline is just stupid talk 

He has only got 1 year left on his contract £150k and Wighton would get him.

7 minutes ago, theshed said:

Certainly wouldn’t be happy about selling Boyce to fund it either. I think the way we were struggling when Boyce arrived has affected people’s views on him. He’s a proven goal scorer.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Certainly wouldn’t be happy about selling Boyce to fund it either. I think the way we were struggling when Boyce arrived has affected people’s views on him. He’s a proven goal scorer.

Agree. Boyce is class. We'll see that in the long term. 

Famous 1874
25 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Totally random but I think we'll end up signing Andy Halliday. Especially if McCulloch signs on.

:random:

I could also see that happening. Would take him. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Agree. Boyce is class. We'll see that in the long term. 

Yep. We have to keep hold of the quality we have. Goal scorers are like hens’ teeth.

heartsfc_fan
27 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He has only got 1 year left on his contract £150k and Wighton would get him.

This would be realistic and probably accepted.

Rick Sanchez

I think we may find a few players reluctant to leave us during these times. Players will probably be happy to collect a decent wedge instead of moving on.

el_jambo74
1 minute ago, RDSK said:

Can’t help but feel we need to get our skates on if we’re after Nisbet. Hibs medical on Friday.

is he that good? Goals tally boosted by lots of penalties and he seems so one footed. Not convinced he’s worth it. 

2 minutes ago, el_jambo74 said:

is he that good? Goals tally boosted by lots of penalties and he seems so one footed. Not convinced he’s worth it. 

Ive no idea. Never seen him play. On paper he looks decent to be fair - Robbie seems keen on him. 

wattie exploited
19 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

This would be realistic and probably accepted.

so the that would be a total price of £150,00 and a £1 for Wighton :rifle:

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That's because Messi is different gravy. I'm not sure what your point is because Ruben played at a good level. Might of played at a better level if he wasn't all left foot mind. 

Can't see Nisbet doing the same. He's a Championship player at best. 

Eh? You were the one to mention Messi!

My point was that Nisbet wouldn’t be the most one footed player you’d ever seen if you’d ever watched Ruben play.

On 07/07/2020 at 16:33, Cruyff said:

Liam Fox is already away. His contract wasn't renewed. 

Usual tom kite from you.

5 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Just had a communication from a work colleague, who is a big Dunfermline fan,  and he is telling me that Kevin Nisbet of Dunfermline is supposed to be joining us tomorrow. Not looked back through the thread so if already on, apologies.

Believe it when I see it we are top heavy with strikers, so its bull methinks.

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Usual tom kite from you.

You’re such an aggressive poster. What gives? 😐

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

You’re such an aggressive poster. What gives? 😐

Get irritated when kbers talk bull.