Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Terms agreed with Nicholson. Paperwork has been emailed to him. Just needs to sign in which barring any last minute hitches i fully expect it to be done.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Terms agreed with Nicholson. Paperwork has been emailed to him. Just needs to sign in which barring any last minute hitches i fully expect it to be done.

Thanks as always Daz, yiur info is greatly appreciated and please keep them coming, it helps keep things exciting

was there any reason why Anthony Brown was saying there was nothing in the Sam rumours and that he was going to England? 

The record are saying nothing been decided re nicholson and Bristol rovers have offered more than us 

unfortunately, even if we've agreed terms, until there is a signature other teams may come in with better offers that he may choose over ours.

no reason why he shouldn't be looking around

Glamorgan Jambo

Regarding the chat about wingers and crosses the one part of the game that is light years ahead in the English leagues (all 4 of them) compared to Scotland is the quality and accuracy of the crossing. Having only watched a few games in person last season my conclusion was that a cross in Scotland is considered any odd punt into the box whereas down south the crosses are accurate and the movement imparted on the ball by the crosser is a level up on that in the SPFL. Possible that the ball has some influence on this too.

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Thanks as always Daz, yiur info is greatly appreciated and please keep them coming, it helps keep things exciting

was there any reason why Anthony Brown was saying there was nothing in the Sam rumours and that he was going to England? 

Unsure if it’s accurate but the local paper in Bristol have reported that he was offered more money at BR and that both Hearts and Bristol Rovers offered contracts. They seem to think that Rovers are favourites 

I get it’s papertalk and the reason that he wants to comeback is for family reasons. That plus the obvious lure of him coming back to us. Here’s hoping he makes the right choice 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Imagine getting outbid by Bristol Rovers to resign one of our own. ****ing hell, what have we become. :facepalm:

Agreed championship team or not can’t be getting outbidded from them 

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

They're not a good team. He'd be their best player by some margin if he went there and I would be very surprised if they could offer significantly more money than we can.

'Mon Sammy... Come home! 

Hearts1975

Imagine getting outbid by Bristol Rovers to resign one of our own. ****ing hell, what have we become. :facepalm:

The saddest part is they could probably outbid all teams in Scotland for players apart from the obvious 2 

I will laugh wholeheartedly the day the English leagues combust at the same time

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Bristol Rovers ffs 

I’ve taken shits bigger than them. Another utter tinpot English outfit

Is that not where Gavin Reilly ended up? 

Hope Nicholson comes back. With our forward options he could do extremely well here.

22 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Agreed championship team or not can’t be getting outbidded from them 

Not Bristol City mate. If it was Bristol City, fair do's. They're a decent sized club. 

It's Bristol Rovers, a mid table league 1 team. The equivalent of being outbid by St Johnstone. :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The saddest part is they could probably outbid all teams in Scotland for players apart from the obvious 2 

I will laugh wholeheartedly the day the English leagues combust at the same time

They are probably spending about 80% of their income on wages like most English clubs. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Is that not where Gavin Reilly ended up? 

Hope Nicholson comes back. With our forward options he could do extremely well here.

yep, and he is now on loan at cheltenham town

I liked Sam first time round, but his comments in the media recently hacked me off a bit, he basically said he was bored getting paid very good money to play professional football for his boyhood team

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

My Pars supporting friend just txt me to say that Nesbit is away. 

Hopefully not to Hearts. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

No money in scottish football m8, Bristol City is the club down Bristol, but rovers  not that far behind,, its tv money etc and prob local money ,   sadly were miles behind financially.....

1 minute ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Daza calling it wildly wrong.

Well I never.

seems not if the media in Bristol were correct, which also backs up the info I was given which Daza confirmed. contract offered and terms agreed but nothing had been signed.

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

Why?

I have my doubts as to whether he's good enough tbh. 

He's the most one footed player I've ever seen. He doesn't have a left foot. Wouldn't get that time or space in the SPFL to get the ball onto his stronger foot all the time. 

Might be alright for a season in the Championship but as a Hearts number 9 in the SPFL, I can't see it. 

11 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

If Anthony Brown said his name was Anthony Brown i'd want to see a birth certificate as proof

He's the most one footed player I've ever seen. He doesn't have a left foot. Wouldn't get that time or space in the SPFL to get the ball onto his stronger foot all the time. 

Might be alright for a season in the Championship but as a Hearts number 9 in the SPFL, I can't see it. 

I've not seen him play (Nisbet) but can't imagine he's more one-footed than Ruben Palazuelos (sp)? If Ruben was any more one footed he'd have had to hop rather than run.

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I've not seen him play (Nisbet) but can't imagine he's more one-footed than Ruben Palazuelos (sp)? If Ruben was any more one footed he'd have had to hop rather than run.

Messi is pretty one footed too. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Messi is pretty one footed too. 

Messi's scored 76 goals with his 'weak' foot, I doubt Ruben has touched the ball 76 times with his right

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

So...not signed then.

9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Messi's scored 76 goals with his 'weak' foot, I doubt Ruben has touched the ball 76 times with his right

Are we still after him?

Just now, Ribble said:

That's because Messi is different gravy. I'm not sure what your point is because Ruben played at a good level. Might of played at a better level if he wasn't all left foot mind. 

Can't see Nisbet doing the same. He's a Championship player at best. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

That's because Messi is different gravy. I'm not sure what your point is because Ruben played at a good level. Might of played at a better level if he wasn't all left foot mind. 

Can't see Nisbet doing the same. He's a Championship player at best. 

Got to admit not seen much of Nisbet however Hibs fans seem daft on him so I hope we sign him just to piss them off.🤣🤣

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Got to admit not seen much of Nisbet however Hibs fans seem daft on him so I hope we sign him just to piss them off.🤣🤣

😂😂😂😂😂👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇶🇦

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Not Bristol City mate. If it was Bristol City, fair do's. They're a decent sized club. 

It's Bristol Rovers, a mid table league 1 team. The equivalent of being outbid by St Johnstone. :facepalm:

They are probably spending about 80% of their income on wages like most English clubs. 

Meant If we ate championship or not. I’d like to think we could offer more than a league 1 team ovbs not. 

7 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

"The Gas remain favourites to land the 25-year-old this summer, having made Nicholson a superior contract offer, and the player is happy to move to the Mem."

:wtf:

Deans Jambo
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

🤔

20 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Pretty sure Van Persie was one footed, didn't do him any harm

Van Persie was world class ffs. :facepalm:

Just now, Deans Jambo said:

🤔

What's your point? 

Deans Jambo

Van Persie was world class ffs. :facepalm:

What's your point? 

You said he had no left foot!

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sounds like he wants to come back but Bristol have offered more money 

That's my reading off it too

Deans Jambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, Kevin Nisbet. Not Same Nicholson. :laugh2: 👍 

Ah **** me need a separate thread 😂

Ainsley Harriott
4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

That's exactly what another poster just said an hour earlier.