Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

portobellojambo1

Just had a communication from a work colleague, who is a big Dunfermline fan,  and he is telling me that Kevin Nisbet of Dunfermline is supposed to be joining us tomorrow. Not looked back through the thread so if already on, apologies.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Just had a communication from a work colleague, who is a big Dunfermline fan,  and he is telling me that Kevin Nisbet of Dunfermline is supposed to be joining us tomorrow. Not looked back through the thread so if already on, apologies.

Would the guy normally be spot on ?

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Would the guy normally be spot on ?

He is heavily involved with the Dunfermline trust, whatever that is. I guess only time will tell.

Berra than you

There is a post on a Dunfermline fan forum expecting us to bid 600k for Nisbet this week. I don't see us paying that tbh but we will see.

Edited by Berra than you

TyphoonJambo

Nisbett, Sam and McCullogh would be a good weeks business

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

There is a post on a Dunfermline fan forum expecting us to bid 600k for Nisbet this week. I don't see us paying that tbh but we will see.

Knock a zero off that :laugh:

Could get Shankland for 600k.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Uche & or Washington will have to be shipped, to even make this realistic.

Can't see where he fits in, in a formation. If Boyce & Naismith are number 1 choices. Which they should be realistically.

Naisy in the centre maybe? He was playing there later on in games last season 

3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Its the type of signing we used to make, i.e. taking lower teams best players, think Cameron, Weir, McAnn, Hamilton, Fulton. I honestly can think the last time we tried that (probably Wighton!).

Gulf Jambo
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Can't see where he fits in, in a formation. If Boyce & Naismith are number 1 choices. Which they should be realistically.

Guess he would be a back-up to try & develop.

We don't seem to have any young strikers ready to step up soon so makes sense in a way.

Ship out Wighton for sure.

Washington we could get good money for, but not sure if anyone is in a position to offer us it..

Uche as I've said before should be moved wide imo

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yeah there is no way we are offering that, night be some truth in him coming to us, but the figure, no chance.

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Agree figure is way off, but disagree you could get Shankland for 600K, he will go for no less than £1M and not to us.

Nisbet probably worth 250-300k with a sell on clause too. Maybe could reduce the fee by offering wighton or uche

Edited by Newton51

Rick Sanchez

I'm sure the red tops said teams were quoted around 250k for him...covid price 125k I'd say.

Not that the red tops know anything mind.

Berra than you
Just now, Barack said:

I don't want to see Boyce anywhere except centre.

An absolute waste of a player if he's not a a local point in and around the box, imo.

From memory Robbie likes to play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. In a 4-4-2 you surely have Boyce and Naismith up top. 4-2-3-1 Boyce up top and Naismith in behind. Nisbet would be on the bench, at least initially. Struggle to see why he would want to come to sit on the bench for a team in the same division that he has just scored 20+ goals in. A signing I'd love us to make (if we ship Uche and Washington) but I can't see it. 

That sounds reasonable.  Nisbet for Wighton, 150k, 10% sell on fee, maybe a goal amount fee say 20 goals for 50k.  Mostly addons, no way we are paying 600k outright.

Edited by HMFC01

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

so what your saying is we are signing Shankland and Nisbet. 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

From memory Robbie likes to play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. In a 4-4-2 you surely have Boyce and Naismith up top. 4-2-3-1 Boyce up top and Naismith in behind. Nisbet would be on the bench, at least initially. Struggle to see why he would want to come to sit on the bench for a team in the same division that he has just scored 20+ goals in. A signing I'd love us to make (if we ship Uche and Washington) but I can't see it. 

I have a wee niggling feeling that we may see Naismith leaving.

We'll probably be in the Championship next season, are currently involved in a legal battle and already have plenty of strikers (one or two will probably leave, but that hasn't happened yet). Paying a 5 figure fee for Nisbet doesn't really make sense on any level just now.

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

so what your saying is we are signing Shankland and Nisbet. 👍🏻

What can I say...it pays to have integrity and the utmost good faith. God bless James Anderson.

Establishment club.

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, ericb said:

It wouldn't shock me, although he has been quite open in the press about wanting to stay.

3 minutes ago, ericb said:

He did say he would stay even if in the championship and texted Gordon the other day to let him know he was still captain.

The one issue is Scotland that we don't have any games before the nations league and the play offs etc

Batistuta87
21 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I reckon Shankland could be had for about £500k-750k right now.

For Nisbet I'd say £150k-200k with Wighton going the other way, up to about £250k-£300k without.  

Edited by Batistuta87

10 minutes ago, ericb said:

I think it might be Boyce tbh

I don't know what Shankland has to do to get a bigger club!  Backflips when he celebrates?  He's proven he can score, consistently, profusely and proficiently,  is very good at holding the ball and playing the team in.  Got capped while in the scottish championship.

Maybe he's happy where he is I suppose.

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

I don't know what Shankland has to do to get a bigger club!  Backflips when he celebrates?  He's proven he can score, profusely and proficiently,  is very good at holding the ball and playing the team in.  Got capped while in the scottish championship.

Maybe he's happy where he is I suppose.

United turned down, so they say, bids of over a million for Shankland. We have no money to be spending even half that amount on players. It’s nothing to do with wanting him or not, club just can’t afford him. He is on very decent money at United as well. He’ll end up going for an undisclosed fee to one of the old firm. 

Pans Jambo
15 minutes ago, ericb said:

Thats plenty!

Pans Jambo
8 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I think it might be Boyce tbh

Both under long contracts.

Asked to leave? Naw

Received bids? Naw

Dont give this shite anymore oxygen.

Yeah I wasn't saying we should buy him, too late now.  I would say he's worth over 1 mill easy.   Only problem is he's not done the deed in the premiership yet, rather than say he could play in it and do the same. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I have my doubts as to whether he's good enough tbh. 

He's the most one footed player I've ever seen. He doesn't have a left foot. Wouldn't get that time or space in the SPFL to get the ball onto his stronger foot all the time. 

Might be alright for a season in the Championship but as a Hearts number 9 in the SPFL, I can't see it. 

The SPFL is the whole football setup. SPFL Premiership, SPFL Championship, etc. 

3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The SPFL is the whole football setup. SPFL Premiership, SPFL Championship, etc. 

I know. But you know what I mean. 

44 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

£600k for Nisbet. :laugh2:

5 minutes ago, Gav M said:

I think that £600k is for Dunfermline, not justc1 player!!

😁 True that 😎

Tennant's  6's
53 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Nisbet probably worth 250-300k with a sell on clause too. Maybe could reduce the fee by offering wighton or uche

You'd probably have to up the fee if you offered them those two as part of the deal..

Sounds promising though, Nisbet & Nicholson would be cracking signings

Ainsley Harriott

Anyone get the feeling Nisbet will go elsewhere and we will talk about him for 2 years on here Shankland style

28 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Both under long contracts.

Asked to leave? Naw

Received bids? Naw

Dont give this shite anymore oxygen.

I doubt it but if we are actively looking at forwards then we will obviously getting rid of other forwards, hopefully Uche,Wighton or possibly Washington but Boyce is the "sellable asset

Tennant's  6's
46 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

It wouldn't shock me, although he has been quite open in the press about wanting to stay.

Likewise boyce, for what its worth. 

king.Robbo

If we sign Nisbet then My guess it would be Boyce thats sold as on a fair wage and would get a fee for the sale...

guess we will see..

I went along with my father in law to watch the Pars maybe half a dozen times last season.Nisbet impressed me everytime and I can only see him getting stronger and better.I would think 75k would get the deal over the line.

Fluorescent Adolescent

Think Boyce has stated he’s happy to remain. If we sign a striker it could well be Washington that departs, imo.

Just now, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Think Boyce has stated he’s happy to remain. If we sign a striker it could well be Washington that departs, imo.

i can’t see Washington staying either, if anybody comes in for him he’ll be away imo. Despite what they’ve said we’ll do well to keep hold of Boyce and Naismith.  

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Uche is staying I believe. 

Famous 1874

The Wash will be off I reckon. Boyce, Nisbet and Uche as the 3 strikers next season, Naisy also able to play there. 

Might be able to snaffle a deal or two by using cash plus player. Used to work in the past. John Millar being part of the deal to get Cameron here springs to mind and there were others. If we wanted Nisbet i'm sure we would be able to offer a decent wedge plus a player. Cash plus Morrison? Cash plus Morrison and Wighton? Two wages out, one wage in. We've a few in the squad who are, well, let's face it...probably quite happy to get away and find a new challenge. We could do worse than throw a few ideas about to see what we can come up with. Clubs will be desperate for any cash they can get in these times so i'm pretty sure things can be done. Neilson knows the players in the Championship better than anyone at Hearts right now so if there's any he can work on then it's maybe the way to go.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

There's absolutely no danger we will need to pay more than £150k for anyone sub-premiership level this summer. Clubs are on their knees!

I would hazard a guess that Wighton + £100k would secure Nisbet.

20 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

I went along with my father in law to watch the Pars maybe half a dozen times last season.Nisbet impressed me everytime and I can only see him getting stronger and better.I would think 75k would get the deal over the line.

Did he spend more time around the oppo' box or did he drift out wide a lot?