Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shite money, poor scouting (relative), poor attraction to foreign players. 

Outside the OF, is the foreign quality with a few exceptions any better than what we have on our door step? 

About foreign quality....yes, there are a lot of players out there no better than what we could get in Scotland. I can rattle off plenty that's not worth a Hearts top but there are also a few players that have came to Hearts in the past and been brilliant signings. It's finding that balance. We don't know how a player is going to take to Scottish football firstly, then there's settling in to a new way of life and culture.  Some players "get" us, others don't so it's about finding that balance. If you have a good scouting team then all options must be considered. If you get it right, you get a Stephane Adam, Thomas Flogel, Rudi Skacel, Gilles Rousset, Stefano Salvatori and Takis Fyssas. You get it badly wrong you get an Oshaniwa,  Vanacek, Amankwaa, Grzelak and Nowak.

We have plenty ex-players (and managers (Paulo Sergio)) coaching/scouting/agenting all over Europe. I don't feel we utilise these guys enough and for sure there will be plenty talent all over the place. We should be asking these players/coaches if there are any players we should be looking at. Our scouting has been honking since 2016 bar the odd exception. We need to stop throwing money and long contracts to the likes of the Martin's, Sammons and Oshaniwa's of this world. Get the Fyssas's and Adam's that we have close affinities with involved and scout properly. These guys would sell Hearts to potential targets to within an inch of their lives.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

21 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I've always wondered who is in your display photograph? Is it a Dutch player?

:cornette: really?

Sam will be a good addition, as would Rossi but can't see it happening, I'm hoping we can keep a hold of Smith with any money we can get for Hickey and Souttar, I think if we partnered him with someone who's dominant in the air like Rossi he'd be a solid centre half. Ideal scenario would be along the lines of - 

Gordon

New RB

Smith

Rossi

Hickey

Haring

New CM

Clare

Naismith

Nicholson

Boyce

Bench - 

Zlamal

Berra

Brandon

Irving

Moore

Walker

Nisbet

Try and shift/cash in/allow to leave -  Doyle, Halkett, Souttar, White, Damour, Lee, Ikpeazu, Washington, Wighton

Got plenty of young lads for squad depth such as Stone, Hamilton, Cochrane, Henderson and McDonald, no point in keeping the above if we can get some money

Edited by BigAlim

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I've always wondered who is in your display photograph? Is it a Dutch player?

:silviodamn:

Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bozanic will be more than fine for the championship. 

We'll Likley playing in the Scottish championship in a shortened season, with a pandemic still on going. 

We'll be limited in our transfers and we don't need to spend lots to win a championship were many teams at this moment have Less players than fingers on a hand. 

He would maybe be able to handle the championship but I don’t see the point in singing him. We don’t need to sign 30 year old journeymen. Bring someone through the youth system or buy a younger more hungry player. Bringing Bozanic back is simply a waste of money and a squad place. 

If we do end up playing in the Championship I'd hang on to Lee.  Good passer and always looking to go forward.  His lack of pace wont hinder him too much in the Championship.

I'd also give Brandon a run at RB if we're in the Championship.  Always felt that there's something there with him, and an extended run might just bring it out of him.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

He would maybe be able to handle the championship but I don’t see the point in singing him. We don’t need to sign 30 year old journeymen. Bring someone through the youth system or buy a younger more hungry player. Bringing Bozanic back is simply a waste of money and a squad place. 

Maybe, but not sure we have a youngster of that ilk and we have some depth from our youngsters to not take a punt on another and stunt their growth further. 

He was turning Into a player that scored a few goals, always a point in them tbh. 

Young and hungry aren't the same thing either, plenty older hungry players. Cowie was a good example and Bozanic despite his limitations was always hungry and gave 100%.

I was a Bozanic critic but if in the championship, he's an ideal signing tbh. 

Bozanic, another player who gets better now he's gone.

The guy was mince and contributed zero other than one goal at ER.

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

I agree, its not about him being 'fine'. 

We're going to win the Championship first time of asking if we have to play there next season (I know that is painfully arrogant, but resource wise there are no excuses). So its about making as good an experience out of it as possible. Trying to actually add value to the club from it. You can't do that by going out and signing journeymen. We have an academy, bump up as many of them as possible into the first team and see who really sticks out. Potentially a season playing at Tynecastle (eventually in front of a full house) will let Robbie know which kids have the mentality to make it at this level (aren't intimidated by the crowds). 

I'd like to be coming up with Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, Moore and Brandon with a full season under their belts and double figure appearances for the likes of Connor Smith, Hamilton and others. From a youth development perspective, its a perfect opportunity to give the kids a real chance. With a strike force of Boyce, Naismith and whoever else it shouldn't be a hard ask. Perhaps its the step down Morrison needs for example (he was looking a bit of a bottle merchant and Stendel got rid pretty quick), actually playing worse opposition gives him a chance to build his confidence in an environment he should succeed in. If we are fortunate enough to win the league with games to spare, give Harry Stone the remaining games in goal. 

Despite the huge negative, there is a real opportunity to come back up again with a fresh new squad of young hungry players. Its a great challenge for Robbie, and I'm really hopeful he realises that and gives the kids the chance. 

Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

I think you're right. We need better than Bozanic. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

And rangers. 

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

This. A total vanilla Levein player. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think you're right. We need better than Bozanic. 

Not for the championship. 

Last time with hibs and rangers we strolled it with Prince and Gomis. 

Bozanic is on par with them. 

We are in a reduced championship campaign, pandemic ongoing, every club in Scotland leaking money. 

We are very limited in what we can do in the transfer market and to win the championship we won't need much more than we have right now. 

Some fans might need to reign in their expectations, at least for a year. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Bozanic is not of the same standard as either of those were in our Championship season.

Completely disagree.

36 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Neilson, McCulloch, Forrest and Gallagher. Wonder what happens to Andy Kirk? Doubt we need 3 first team coaches. Also, Liam Fox should be sacked. 

Why should he be sacked

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Bozanic is not of the same standard as either of those were in our Championship season.

Completely disagree.

Bozanic was better in the top flight for us than Gomis was. 

Prince was ok, even after promotion. 

Gomis and pallardo struggled badly in the top flight. 

Anyway, point stands our transfers may be limited more than normal this window.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Igor Rossi or Jimmy Dunne?

Hmm..………...personally i'd go Dunne every time.

Me too, but I'd be amazed if Dunne is chapping at the bit to join a second teir Scottish  club for a fraction of his previous earnings and move country during a pandemic. 

Maybe he'll be limited in his offers tho, would be a great signing for us. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Me too, but I'd be amazed if Dunne is chapping at the bit to join a second teir Scottish  club for a fraction of his previous earnings and move country during a pandemic. 

dunne just signed a one year extension at burnley

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Not for the championship. 

We are in a reduced championship campaign, pandemic ongoing, every club in Scotland leaking money. 

We are very limited in what we can do in the transfer market and to win the championship we won't need much more than we have right now. 

Some fans might need to reign in their expectations, at least for a year. 

If we're in the Championship mate I'd rather we played Andy Irving than Bozanic.

Irving is potentially a very good player for us and he needs to play. Bozanic would be a squad player in the Championship and we need players that can improve our current plight or, we use the season to develop Irving, Cochrane & C. Smith. 

He's alright is Boz. Wouldn't say he was mince like Steaua said. Certainly wouldn't say he was Hearts quality though. Mediocre or not up to scratch, certainly. 

The reason we were 12th mate is because we've had shite like MacLean, Bozanic, Damour, White, Halkett and Pereira masquerading as Hearts players. They should never have been near a Hearts jersey in the first place. 

We need to raise the bar in what we expect at Hearts. Standards have been slipping for too long now. Re-signing players like Bozanic undermines that imo. 

8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Why should he be sacked

Liam Fox is already away. His contract wasn't renewed. 

46 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Neilson, McCulloch, Forrest and Gallagher. Wonder what happens to Andy Kirk? Doubt we need 3 first team coaches. Also, Liam Fox should be sacked. 

We had 3 first team coaches when Stendal was here so yes we do require all of them.

Andy Kirk has just signed a new contract so he is part of the plans.

54 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

No we don't, we've never used a moneyball approach.

😂😂 okay. 

David McCaig
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He was on the bench for Burnley in the EPL a couple of days ago

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If we're in the Championship mate I'd rather we played Andy Irving than Bozanic.

Irving is potentially a very good player for us and he needs to play. Bozanic would be a squad player in the Championship and we need players that can improve our current plight or, we use the season to develop Irving, Cochrane & C. Smith. 

He's alright is Boz. Wouldn't say he was mince like Steaua said. Certainly wouldn't say he was Hearts quality though. Mediocre or not up to scratch, certainly. 

The reason we were 12th mate is because we've had shite like MacLean, Bozanic, Damour, White, Halkett and Pereira masquerading as Hearts players. They should never have been near a Hearts jersey in the first place. 

We need to raise the bar in what we expect at Hearts. Standards have been slipping for too long now. Re-signing players like Bozanic undermines that imo. 

If in the top league I agree but for the championship, for example - 

Bozanic, Lee, Irving, Harry maybe Haring in any combination would stroll it. I'd add another 1 to that if possible 

Bozanic done more than Irving did imo for us this season As well. 

Irving was decent, but nothing special. 

My point is we don't need to be taking massive risks for the championship and with the pandemic and a shorter season we will be limited in the market, folk may be dissapionted. 

If Bozanic does not rejoin, I couldn't care but if he does he'll do more than a job in the championship imo, given his form last ten games he'd stroll it tbh. 

I wouldn't pin too much on Harry and Irving just yet either, I'd play them more, but a couple of older pros will help.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Yip, I'd be amazed if he rocked up at Tynecastle. 

Expectations may have to be curtailed this transfer window. 

I'm happy with who left and I'd be happy for a bit pace out wide to be added  and only to lose Washington Smith, Hickey  and  Uche  tbh. 

I'd like 2 cm as well and adequately replace any outgoings, but it will be a tough window for us. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

dunne just signed a one year extension at burnley

That's that Dunne then...😂

Why are folk even talking about him! 

Gulf Jambo
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Yeh and his contract was up end of June so he must have signed a new temporary one or they have activated the 12 months clause they had in the contract. 

Doubt he will be back at us anytime soon

Murray Wallace would be my go to for new CB

Haringshairband

We should bring on the youngsters when we go a couple of goals up on teams, they should be hungry to show what the can do, hopefully leading to a lot of pumpings.

williamgerrard

Sam set to be announced soon 

if i was robbie build a strong squad capable for top 3 of the spl even if we do end up in championship time to smash anything in our way the jambos way 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

I'd much rather we built a team that's capable of competing in the top 6 of the top division next year...All this pish about players being "good enough for the Championship" reeks of short term thinking..Build a team that doesn't need rebuilt every year ffs...

Byyy The Light
48 minutes ago, OTT said:

I agree, its not about him being 'fine'. 

We're going to win the Championship first time of asking if we have to play there next season (I know that is painfully arrogant, but resource wise there are no excuses). So its about making as good an experience out of it as possible. Trying to actually add value to the club from it. You can't do that by going out and signing journeymen. We have an academy, bump up as many of them as possible into the first team and see who really sticks out. Potentially a season playing at Tynecastle (eventually in front of a full house) will let Robbie know which kids have the mentality to make it at this level (aren't intimidated by the crowds). 

I'd like to be coming up with Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, Moore and Brandon with a full season under their belts and double figure appearances for the likes of Connor Smith, Hamilton and others. From a youth development perspective, its a perfect opportunity to give the kids a real chance. With a strike force of Boyce, Naismith and whoever else it shouldn't be a hard ask. Perhaps its the step down Morrison needs for example (he was looking a bit of a bottle merchant and Stendel got rid pretty quick), actually playing worse opposition gives him a chance to build his confidence in an environment he should succeed in. If we are fortunate enough to win the league with games to spare, give Harry Stone the remaining games in goal. 

Despite the huge negative, there is a real opportunity to come back up again with a fresh new squad of young hungry players. Its a great challenge for Robbie, and I'm really hopeful he realises that and gives the kids the chance. 

Great post. Exactly what I want to happen. If they can’t cope in the Championship then they’ll never cut it. Sink or swim time for them. Hopefully all swim!

Tennant's  6's
11 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Yeh and his contract was up end of June so he must have signed a new temporary one or they have activated the 12 months clause they had in the contract. 

Doubt he will be back at us anytime soon

Murray Wallace would be my go to for new CB

Definitely an upgrade on what we've got. 

If there's a chance that we can get him, then we should go for it

Byyy The Light
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Liam Fox is already away. His contract wasn't renewed. 

Not true.

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Harmonica said:

I'd much rather we built a team that's capable of competing in the top 6 of the top division next year...All this pish about players being "good enough for the Championship" reeks of short term thinking..Build a team that doesn't need rebuilt every year ffs...

Fully agree with this. Build a team capable of competing for Europe in the championship. That way when we do get promoted, we can keep continuity and not have to rip it up again.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I thought he was. 😔 

There will be some shuffling of the coaching staff over the next week or 2 apparently so you never know. Fox is a funny one, I’ve heard he’s highly rated by a load of people yet also heard the opposite from others. 

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, Harmonica said:

Yep, time to get rid of the journeymen who just do enough to get by, although that'll take some negotiating..

A team with good pros who still that desire to win a trophy & play in Europe, supplemented by the younger players who've been on the periphery for a while now.

If Morrison, Cochrane etc still struggle in the Championship, maybe cut them lose. I'd like to think that McDonald & Connor Smith will get more game time.

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

There will be some shuffling of the coaching staff over the next week or 2 apparently so you never know. Fox is a funny one, I’ve heard he’s highly rated by a load of people yet also heard the opposite from others. 

I've heard similar but folk want rid because he was part of Levein, Daly, Macphee etc.. Robbie Might want to keep him though if he's still here as Robbie knows him well. 

heartsfc_fan

Signing for Hearts even in the Championship should be attractive enough still for most players in our price bracket.

Ok 27 league games but we are two games away from winning the 2020 Scottish cup 👍

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Has fox not left?  Out of contract. Gallagher will be away in a year. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Harmonica said:

Yes and no. 

For a start, Bozanic was a top 6 player for us. 

I'd like a few short term deals of known quality to to give us the best chance to go up, that along with the spine of the time and the youngsters should be more enough. 

Sam and Gordon fit that bill. 

Bozanic would as well. 

We can then attempt to build a top 3 team on promotion , no need for a middle step imo. 

The problem we wil have is attracting players of a top 3 or 6 quality right now with out over paying for them, when promoted that would be easier and cheaper so unfortunately we need to think a little short term as our longer term goals are out of our reach atm. 

Ofc, if we win anywhere near £8m we can go SMG money or Vlad Stylee bonkers. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Has fox not left?  Out of contract. Gallagher will be away in a year. 

This is what I thought too but apparently no. 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I've heard similar but folk want rid because he was part of Levein, Daly, Macphee etc.. Robbie Might want to keep him though if he's still here as Robbie knows him well. 

Robbie wanted him originally at Dundee Utd as assistant so I’d imagine he’d want him involved in some capacity. I don’t see where he fits though. I’m guessing Kirk will be away (madness he got a new contract) Forrest and McCulloch in and Fox is the unknown. Maybe he’ll go to Utd as a make weight for Forrest and McCulloch if Mellon is interested 🤷🏼‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

Just heard that Nicholson has signed. Not been able to confirm as yet.

Would take Sam back. Tricky player with ability to beat a man, whip in a cross or put the ball in the old onion bag. Inconsistent previously but hopefully has worked on that aspect of his game. 

8AC01809-F595-4B96-AC1B-E358DBE32FF7.gif

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This is what I thought too but apparently no. 

I asked it last week, and someone said that he still had a year left on his contract.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

😂😂 okay. 

You don't know what a moneyball approach is, do you?