Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Mr Brightside
19 minutes ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

How I wish folk would give up on Cochrane, it’s not going to happen!

Would rather give him the chance at 19/20 over Bozanic who is 30+. Appreciate it doesn’t need to be a straight choice between those 2.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Bozanic was alright In a poor squad, but is the absolute definition of ‘need to find better’ if we are going to improve as a side.

Салатные палочки
47 minutes ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

What makes you say that? He's 19. 

48 minutes ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Spot on

Салатные палочки
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

I know, eh. 

Aye, we'll not bother seeing how he's developed and give him a go in the team again. Never mind the fact he's taller now & filled out a wee bit more. Still thinnish, I think. But hardly the 16 year old we all remember.

I'm still to be convinced in all honesty, but I was that way too with a couple. Including Irving.

"Right, that's it...scrapheap for you.":lol: 

It's such a Scottish thing.

He ran the show v. Celtic in the 4-0 game and had Brown in his back pocket. Embarrassed the guy so much so that his revenge was to attempt a leg-breaker in the next game. 

But let's write him off aye. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

Салатные палочки
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

There will be a thread on here in 6-7 years, asking if we should have him back.

Bookmark it. :lol:

:laugh2: true. 

Would be delighted to get Rossi back, loved watching him going and telling the goalposts that f@ck all was getting near them before kick off ! 😍

RICHARD THE LION HEART

Wonder if Danny Wilson is one that would like to come back?

Been in the USA since 2018

maroonlegions
On 03/07/2020 at 23:01, The Roller said:

Hold it with the Football Manager 20/21 ya ****in slaver.

Back to naeyouthacademynet.   FTH.

maroonlegions
On 04/07/2020 at 10:01, Smith's right boot said:

He may be injury prone, real shame if that continues.

He's not over rated tho, if anything underrated -he's far better than that McKenna for example.

He's also only 23, most Defenders don't get better until late 20's think for us the likes of Pressley and Zal. 

I don't get the need for some Hearts fans to down play him tbh, if he remains injury prone then fair enough, but he can still be a good player for us in that case- think CL. If he stays fit for 2/3 seasons he'll move on. Either way it's a win/ win for us.

Ironically this covid break if it has any silver lining is that it has given Souttar a real rest with no time pressure to come back, might do him well long term.

He only has to bend down and lace his boots and his hamstring is done. Never seen a more injury prone player at Hearts.

36 minutes ago, RICHARD THE LION HEART said:

Why does Scottish football have an obsession with signing former players?

42 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I thought it was just us - but I guess Hibs have been pretty keen on it over the years and it seems to be a lot of Aberdeen's recruitment policy.

Tennant's  6's
52 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Lack of money for a proper scouting network perhaps.

We've all endured the pish that YouTube & wyscout throw up..

IF there's a chance of Rossi coming back, then it's a no brainer. A left sided CB who can also play LB, if needed. 

From Robbie's interview, talks are already underway with a few players

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

He only has to bend down and lace his boots and his hamstring is done. Never seen a more injury prone player at Hearts.

Never seen a more injury prone player? The guy is 23 and played over 170 games. 

Not bad for someone who gets injured lacing his boots. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Shite money, poor scouting (relative), poor attraction to foreign players. 

Outside the OF, is the foreign quality with a few exceptions any better than what we have on our door step? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Lack of money for a proper scouting network perhaps.

We've all endured the pish that YouTube & wyscout throw up..

IF there's a chance of Rossi coming back, then it's a no brainer. A left sided CB who can also play LB, if needed. 

From Robbie's interview, talks are already underway with a few players

Premier League players I hope 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Guess its just these players are a known quantity (even if practice that does not always happen) so clubs who are risk averse (and fans) go with what they know.

1 hour ago, RICHARD THE LION HEART said:

He probably would but for family reasons he’ll stay in America for as long as possible.  

BackOfTheNet

Already signed Gordon. Nicholson, Lafferty, Rossi, Bozanic and Wilson.

I’m hoping this is just a guessing game on JKB as otherwise for Christ sake it’s embarrassing.

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Because Scottish football barely changes. In the past five years we’ve had two managers return to the post. Our old club captain refused to buy into the new managers ideas, caused loads of fuse and sold stories to the press because he didn’t want to learn or improve, our new manager says he has a future with us as they are pals. It’s literally jobs for the boys in Scottish football. Gerrard got Defoe to Ibrox as they have the same agent. Anti Neimi famously got that Tommy grundland boy a game with us cause JJ asked if anyone knew anyone looking for a club. We have a sever lack of scope when it comes to scouting and a sever lack of foresight when it comes to signings. It’s always moneyball style signings. Either ex pro’s that in their prime would’ve been out our range, punt type boys like Watt or total unknown risks like amawanka (Deliberate spelling mistake). Lafferty, Isma, Rossi, Ozturk, Sam, Wilson etx will all be linked with us over the coming weeks just because they know Robbie. 

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Because Scottish football barely changes. In the past five years we’ve had two managers return to the post. Our old club captain refused to buy into the new managers ideas, caused loads of fuse and sold stories to the press because he didn’t want to learn or improve, our new manager says he has a future with us as they are pals. It’s literally jobs for the boys in Scottish football. Gerrard got Defoe to Ibrox as they have the same agent. Anti Neimi famously got that Tommy grundland boy a game with us cause JJ asked if anyone knew anyone looking for a club. We have a sever lack of scope when it comes to scouting and a sever lack of foresight when it comes to signings. It’s always moneyball style signings. Either ex pro’s that in their prime would’ve been out our range, punt type boys like Watt or total unknown risks like amawanka (Deliberate spelling mistake). Lafferty, Isma, Rossi, Ozturk, Sam, Wilson etx will all be linked with us over the coming weeks just because they know Robbie. 

Its why we need the right choice for sporting director, bring in someone new who can bring a change and a functional recruitment side. After what you are saying, I previously was think Weir would be a good fit but someone from outside would make a difference.

I think with Berra, he cant be first choice anymore if he is staying. But I fear that Robbie will want him to play first choice.

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its why we need the right choice for sporting director, bring in someone new who can bring a change and a functional recruitment side. After what you are saying, I previously was think Weir would be a good fit but someone from outside would make a difference.

I think with Berra, he cant be first choice anymore if he is staying. But I fear that Robbie will want him to play first choice.

It’s not synonymous with Hearts this issue, it’s everywhere in British Football. Look at the amount of terrible journeymen players that move around English football as well. It’s a really tough gig the sporting Director role. Look at Rangers and Ross Wilson. Wilson has a great reputation from his time down south, where he had big budgets. Now he’s back up here, he’s taken loan players from Jack Ross cause they where pals at Falkirk back in the day. Football is a big massive spiders web, everyone knows everyone. That’s half the reason why the old firm can unsettle signing targets so easily. Listen to any the Si Ferry podcasts and you’ll see how connected football is. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It’s not synonymous with Hearts this issue, it’s everywhere in British Football. Look at the amount of terrible journeymen players that move around English football as well. It’s a really tough gig the sporting Director role. Look at Rangers and Ross Wilson. Wilson has a great reputation from his time down south, where he had big budgets. Now he’s back up here, he’s taken loan players from Jack Ross cause they where pals at Falkirk back in the day. Football is a big massive spiders web, everyone knows everyone. That’s half the reason why the old firm can unsettle signing targets so easily. Listen to any the Si Ferry podcasts and you’ll see how connected football is. 

But that is contacts which you make in football. I remember listening to the Terrace podcast years ago, they were talking about Stuart McCall when he was doing well at Motherwell in his first stint there. They made the point that for a manager in Scottish football to be successful what mattered more was not their ability for tactics or coaching ability but having a lot of contacts down south to get them players. Robbie even said yesterday that one of the biggest positives from his job at MK Dons was that he made a lot of contacts down south.

Guess it also comes to agents, where managers have a "friendly" agent or two who they get quite a few players from (sure Levein had a couple.)

It must be why overseas managers who come in with no previous time in Scottish (or British) football get such bad treatment. Some dont like them because it means someone they know did not get a job, others see it as stopping offloading a player to a friend etc.

Lochee Jambo

Just heard that first team coaches McCulloch and Forrest have left Dundee United, Tynecastle bound?

3 hours ago, Barack said:

There will be a thread on here in 6-7 years, asking if we should have him back.

Bookmark it. :lol:

:gok: so true. 

1 minute ago, Lochee Jambo said:

Just heard that first team coaches McCulloch and Forrest have left Dundee United, Tynecastle bound?

Definitely. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I agree with your point but Moneyball idea is the complete opposite of jobs for the boys. 

30 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I agree with your point but Moneyball idea is the complete opposite of jobs for the boys. 

Yes it is. We do a mixture of both tho haha. 

1 minute ago, ericb said:

That not leave us with more coaches than LRT?

😂 I think we're OK.. We've only got Kirk and Gallagher as first team coaches at the moment. 

Apparently mcculloch is an arsehole. Think we’ve been soft touches for too long. The arrogant arsehole trait would be welcome I think

2 hours ago, Lochee Jambo said:

Maybe, maybe not. Mickey will be bringing his own guys with him I’d expect. 

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Definitely. 

I've always wondered who is in your display photograph? Is it a Dutch player?

4 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Yes. It's Johan Cruyff. 🙄

Finlay James
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Yes it is. We do a mixture of both tho haha. 

No we don't, we've never used a moneyball approach.

Famous 1874

If Bozanic returns then I am worried at our transfer policy. The guy is one of the worst midfielders I have ever seen. 

Nicholson and Clare either side of Boyce with Naisy in behind, the part time diddies are getting shafted :jjyay:

Famous 1874
3 hours ago, Lochee Jambo said:

Neilson, McCulloch, Forrest and Gallagher. Wonder what happens to Andy Kirk? Doubt we need 3 first team coaches. Also, Liam Fox should be sacked. 

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, RICHARD THE LION HEART said:

he would love to come back to hearts. 

7 hours ago, Garrincha said:

Bozanic was alright In a poor squad, but is the absolute definition of ‘need to find better’ if we are going to improve as a side.

I always thought the opposite with Bozanic, in a good team playing with confidence I think he would contribute. He just doesn't have the ability to be the leader and raise the level of performance from those around him. Which I think is true of a lot of the squad, played well when Naismith, Souttar, Haring and Berra were fit but once they were injured who was going to drive the team forward. 

Edited by Anything2

12 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

The clues in the name I’d imagine 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

If Bozanic returns then I am worried at our transfer policy. The guy is one of the worst midfielders I have ever seen. 

Bozanic will be more than fine for the championship. 

We'll Likley playing in the Scottish championship in a shortened season, with a pandemic still on going. 

We'll be limited in our transfers and we don't need to spend lots to win a championship were many teams at this moment have Less players than fingers on a hand.