Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

39 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Rumour doing the rounds that Hamburg are interested in Andy Irving 😟

I had heard that a German team were looking at him but never knew it was Hamburg. Would be a belting move for the lad tbh. I want to keep him as I think he’s a very good player with a top attitude. Maybe hard to hold onto him though if this is true. Great for him though and what an opportunity 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Diadora Van Basten
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’d rather keep Irving thanks. I’m a bit selfish that way. :unsure:

For all the hype about Hickey it’s Irving who looks more ready for first team football.

7 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Yup 👍🏻

Theres 1 almost gone, Bobby will be looked at longer 👍🏻 New keeper should be in this week 

6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Andy Irving should be offered a new long term contract asap. He will be a quality player in a couple of years. 

Agree always thought he had the skill to be a top player.  He had to up his defensive qualities and he seems to have improved that part of his game.

I was once in a conversation with a Falkirk Committee member who said he was glad to see the back of Irving as he was useless.  I just looked at him and laughed..

Be honest guys. If we sign anyone we might have heard of them. Maybe they played for another Scottish team. But the reality is that not a single one of us knows if they are any good or not. Just accept that. Stop pretending otherwise. See how they turn out.

5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Hendo will be in squad ahead of both Uche and Wighton imo. Don’t think your loans will happen either. Squad would be too small if injuries, suspensions etc kick in 

Robbie's already said a lot of the younger boys will go out on loan. That said, I think he's doing major surgery on this squad so there'll be plenty movement before we start the season. 

31 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Andy Irving should be offered a new long term contract asap. He will be a quality player in a couple of years. 

This. PHM and a quality player. Need to keep him. Legend material. 

4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Be honest guys. If we sign anyone we might have heard of them. Maybe they played for another Scottish team. But the reality is that not a single one of us knows if they are any good or not. Just accept that. Stop pretending otherwise. See how they turn out.

Too sensible post, everyone is an expert, entitled to their opinion of course, but isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing.

BackOfTheNet

Wonder if we’ll have any dealings today in or out? Probably unlikely as you don’t usually see daily activity until near a window’s end (if at all). Perhaps some new nuggets of information might come out though, to keep us ticking over. I do love a transfer window but need to curb the enthusiasm sometimes and realise activity won’t always happen. I can hope though.

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

For all the hype about Hickey it’s Irving who looks more ready for first team football.

I like Irving but there's a reason big clubs are looking at Hickey. 

With the news today about the Celtic player breaking the restrictions I wonder if the government will pull the plug on football.

They will not want to be seen supporting a group that dosent seem able to follow the rules however simple they are.

This sounds very petty but wouldnt it be lovely if it was Celtic that caused the leagues to be closed down

41 minutes ago, sac said:

Wish I hadn’t looked at his YouTube highlights.

Seems to get the ball into the box well and have a decent cross on him but otherwise for 'highlights' I was largely underwhelmed.  

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, otterjohn said:

With the news today about the Celtic player breaking the restrictions I wonder if the government will pull the plug on football.

They will not want to be seen supporting a group that dosent seem able to follow the rules however simple they are.

This sounds very petty but wouldnt it be lovely if it was Celtic that caused the leagues to be closed down

I would actually open beers and celebrate to that, the satisfaction would be immense! 

Midloth_Iain
6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I would actually open beers and celebrate to that, the satisfaction would be immense! 

and Hibs awarded the league ?

🙈

need Rangers to overhaul them this midweek, just in case

😂

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Wonder if we’ll have any dealings today in or out? Probably unlikely as you don’t usually see daily activity until near a window’s end (if at all). Perhaps some new nuggets of information might come out though, to keep us ticking over. I do love a transfer window but need to curb the enthusiasm sometimes and realise activity won’t always happen. I can hope though.

Window ending smacks of desperation and poor planning. Let's not go there. 

upgotheheads
55 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Seems to get the ball into the box well and have a decent cross on him but otherwise for 'highlights' I was largely underwhelmed.  

Looks big and strong and pacey, which is a good start, but his right leg is clearly only for standing on.

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Window ending smacks of desperation and poor planning. Let's not go there. 

Indeed. Hence why I’d like more transfer activity throughout the window rather than the end! But mostly to cure my boredom.

As much as enjoying seeing all these teams squirm about breaking restrictions and if wee Nicola did pull the plug.

As much as it would have fantastic LOL value, lets not forget, these dirty ****ers would look for any excuse of not promoting/relegating at season end.

LarrysRightFoot
10 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I like Irving - just needs to play a little quicker/with a little more tempo. 

However, Hickey is clearly class - not saying he’s Bayern or Serie A class (yet) but the kid has ability and understands the game. 

9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I like Robbie's way of thinking. He wants to play the game in a particular way and is looking to bring in the players in to play his style of football.

The problem we had previously was that we signed players who maybe looked as if they could be decent on paper but had no idea if they would fit into our style of play.

That reflected in the various different formations we played throughout the season with the constant chopping and changing of players from one position to another (injuries excluded).

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Does that mean HIbs will win the league?

If they did, they would hand it over to Celtic like when Andre the giant beat Hulk Hogan and got paid off by the million dollar man for the belt. 

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I like Robbie's way of thinking. He wants to play the game in a particular way and is looking to bring in the players in to play his style of football.

The problem we had previously was that we signed players who maybe looked as if they could be decent on paper but had no idea if they would fit into our style of play.

That reflected in the various different formations we played throughout the season with the constant chopping and changing of players from one position to another (injuries excluded).

Unfortunately you can't just exclude injuries and pretend they don't happen.  They cause personnel changes and sometimes that brings with it necessary tactical changes eg if we settle with Uche at the start of  the campaign and he gets injured, it would be folly to replace him with say Wighton and think a different team approach would not be required.  Also if we are going to ease in our youngsters you have to change.  Timing is of the essence.

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Last season, CL had a mindset of finishing in top 6 and likly challenging for 3rd.  Players signed and tactics dictated an attacking team but when results did not materialise, the squad did not have players available to play an effective defensive game.   The whole back line plus defensive midfield required changing due to missing players.

BackOfTheNet
22 minutes ago, maroon said:

Next two rounds of fixtures being postponed 😂😂😂

Why don’t they just fine the individuals in question and if a team can’t fulfil fixtures they get a fine too and automatic forfeit of the fixture? (0-3) That’ll stop these idiots flouting the rules. Imagine being the only league (that I know of) that had to stop after a restart because the stupidity of players.

I like Neilson's comments on Roberts and he has clearly watched him a number of times. Having experience of the league up here must also be a plus point. It doesn't seem a punt like other signings previously. Hopefully he settles in quickly and provides some ammunition for the strikers. Have always felt for a while we have lacked a player getting to the bye line and crossing it. Neil McCann was fantastic at doing it even when running at pace. 

Thankfully throughout this fiasco and the previous one, we have strong leadership at the SPFL. People can say what they like but Scottish football is lucky to have that leader in Neil Doncaster, a man of integrity and wisdom way beyond his years. Well done Neil , without you Scottish football would be in one hell of a mess and indeed a laughing stock.

1 minute ago, David Black said:

Thankfully throughout this fiasco and the previous one, we have strong leadership at the SPFL. People can say what they like but Scottish football is lucky to have that leader in Neil Doncaster, a man of integrity and wisdom way beyond his years. Well done Neil , without you Scottish football would be in one hell of a mess and indeed a laughing stock.

Is he on our radar for a transfer in?

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I like Neilson's comments on Roberts and he has clearly watched him a number of times. Having experience of the league up here must also be a plus point. It doesn't seem a punt like other signings previously. Hopefully he settles in quickly and provides some ammunition for the strikers. Have always felt for a while we have lacked a player getting to the bye line and crossing it. Neil McCann was fantastic at doing it even when running at pace. 

That's not how Hearts fans operate.

We sign a foreigner and he flops = Why aren't we signing proven players?

We sign proven players = He's not a glamorous enough signing.

:lol:

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That's not how Hearts fans operate.

We sign a foreigner and he flops = Why aren't we signing proven players?

We sign proven players = He's not a glamorous enough signing.

:lol:

its unbelievable isn’t it..

hearts fans - he looks great on YouTube.. real life, clearly his you tube is not reflective as he’s shite.. 😂

same hearts fans, his you tube is shit 😂😂 let’s not sign him

hearts fans / we should sign proven players with SPL experience and watch him in the flesh like other clubs do. 

we do exactly that - hearts fans not happy 🤦‍♂️ Presumably becuase he doesn’t have an exotic or exciting name.

Guys - we won’t be signing players like rudi, takis, Janny ever again.. those sorts of players earn 20/ 30/40/50 k a week now.. 

we sign players who our management team are convinced can do the job required .

Doyle to killie would be good. Free up more space wages wise and allow stone to step up once fit or even allows us to sign a back up. 

Also wee Washington deal is only 5 figures. Thought we would get 6 but i guess its more important to free the wages up as he was one of the top earners 

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

its unbelievable isn’t it..

hearts fans - he looks great on YouTube.. real life, clearly his you tube is not reflective as he’s shite.. 😂

same hearts fans, his you tube is shit 😂😂 let’s not sign him

hearts fans / we should sign proven players with SPL experience and watch him in the flesh like other clubs do. 

we do exactly that - hearts fans not happy 🤦‍♂️ Presumably becuase he doesn’t have an exotic or exciting name.

Guys - we won’t be signing players like rudi, takis, Janny ever again.. those sorts of players earn 20/ 30/40/50 k a week now.. 

we sign players who our management team are convinced can do the job required .

Totally man. I dunno where it's come from? Vlad era?

We sign a lower league English player - **** sake Hearts!!

Motherwell sign one who turns out to be a star - **** sake Hearts!!

2 hours ago, Ruud Krol said:

and Hibs awarded the league ?

🙈

need Rangers to overhaul them this midweek, just in case

😂

Don’t worry Lawwell wouldn’t allow that to happen

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, gov said:

Doyle to killie would be good. Free up more space wages wise and allow stone to step up once fit or even allows us to sign a back up. 

Also wee Washington deal is only 5 figures. Thought we would get 6 but i guess its more important to free the wages up as he was one of the top earners 

Considering how bad their GK has been in the first two games he would be an upgrade for them shockingly enough. 
We got Washington for free and shows what the value of a non scoring striker  is, as you say good to get him off the wage bill. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yep, the Romanov years were fun and I wish it would happen again but it won’t..

we grew our fanbase but it also left us with entirely unreasonable expectations.

i for one will only judge players when I see them play for hearts.

49 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Unfortunately you can't just exclude injuries and pretend they don't happen.  They cause personnel changes and sometimes that brings with it necessary tactical changes eg if we settle with Uche at the start of  the campaign and he gets injured, it would be folly to replace him with say Wighton and think a different team approach would not be required.  Also if we are going to ease in our youngsters you have to change.  Timing is of the essence.

I never excluded or pretended that injuries don't happen. I know we had more than our fair share of them and that makes the Manager's job more difficult and sometimes players have to play out of position if you don't have cover in a particular position.

I was liking the approach that Robbie seems to be taking by making it clear early on the positions he wants to fill and the type of players he wants.

He is obviously clearing the way for his new recruits by moving on some of those players that he doesn't think will do a job for us in these areas. That doesn't mean of course that these players won't go on and do well at another club.

The point is that he has a clear vision of how he want to play the game to achieve a goal and he knows the type of players he wants to fulfill that and feed the best players we already have.

Gordon Ramsay
3 hours ago, sac said:

Wish I hadn’t looked at his YouTube highlights.

Means nothing. 

Oshaniwa looked like Cafu on his YouTube highlights. 

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

Last season, CL had a mindset of finishing in top 6 and likly challenging for 3rd.  Players signed and tactics dictated an attacking team but when results did not materialise, the squad did not have players available to play an effective defensive game.   The whole back line plus defensive midfield required changing due to missing players.

Souttar was out and Haring has been a long term injury and also out but Hickey was a regular in place of Garuccio. We signed Whelan to fill in for Haring.

So tell me where else the whole back line and  defensive midfield had to change then?

Edited by wavydavy

11 hours ago, livi said:

Agree always thought he had the skill to be a top player.  He had to up his defensive qualities and he seems to have improved that part of his game.

I was once in a conversation with a Falkirk Committee member who said he was glad to see the back of Irving as he was useless.  I just looked at him and laughed..

Did Irving ever play wide for us? I remember thinking he was awful but I really rate him now and start to wonder if it's my memory playing tricks on me.

This has to be make or break season for our youngsters that have been on the fringes.

I am not sure the modern day youngster can keep up the appetite to sit on the bench or push themselves to be better.  Would be glad to be proven wrong, but, Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, Brandon, etc etc  need to show themselves now

Dont know much about roberts, However I've got to be honest and say i am a little bit underwhelmed with this.

Good luck to him though hopefully he can surprise us and do well i.e i hope he turns out to be another danny grainger for us.

Stendelnator

To the “underwhelmed” fans -

what do you ****ing expect? We are a second tier team in a backwater footballing nation. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The immediate disdain for someone from the English lower leagues baffles me. It's a proven hotbed of both playing and managerial talent if you get it right. 

The other one is players who have been released. "Great. A St Johnstone reject who failed down south". That's me describing Paul Hartley by the way. It's such an odd view to take, as if a player whose contract ran out must be dreadful. 

Leveins Battalion

Anybody underwhelmed should remember the summer we signed Juanma,Oshaniwa,Augustyn etc 🤓

Happy these day are over.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Looks big and strong and pacey, which is a good start, but his right leg is clearly only for standing on.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Like Halkett's left.