Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Just now, baxterd1974 said:

Not really

"Lee, Haring, Irving, Russian chap > Cochrane"

I never suggested he would be better. 

I was thinking why would Robbie want to bring in another midfielder if he believed Cochrane was ready?

Lee, Haring and Irving would be 1st choices. Clearly RN wouldn't be bring in a 5th choice central mid, would he? 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

New back up keeper incoming 👍🏻

Really?  I heard the Stone was getting a bump up as soon as we moved on Zlamal ans/or Doyle.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

really? Surely Doyle or zlamal on the way out then

Looks like Robbie is doing major surgery rather than signing just the 2 or 3.

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Really?  I heard the Stone was getting a bump up as soon as we moved on Zlamal ans/or Doyle.

maybe sorted out a loan deal to give Stone 1st team experience with him looking to break through here next season

Just now, Cruyff said:

I was thinking why would Robbie want to bring in another midfielder if he believed Cochrane was ready?

Lee, Haring and Irving would be 1st choices. Clearly RN wouldn't be bring in a 5th choice central mid, would he? 

At this stage we don't know how Haring will cope having been out for over a year. He will need to be nurtured back to full fitness and we all know how lengthy spells out can lead to niggly other injuries. I notice nobody seems to have mentioned Walker as he could play in a more central role. Especially if Robbie signs another winger.

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Any idea who it is? 

Can’t give name but he’s Scottish nothing of much excitement will just be a much cheaper back up 

Heartsofgold
Just now, Gav M said:

maybe sorted out a loan deal to give Stone 1st team experience with him looking to break through here next season

Very possibly.  Doubt he will get any 1st team action with Gordon in front of him and he needs the action to move onwards.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Fair enough, I'm a techie, you use the greater than sign and I take that literally, apologies if I misunderstood 👍

2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Loan for him would be good.  It's a difficult one because CG will almost certainly be number one for the next couple of seasons.

Morrison wanted to beat his man 3 times then put in a shite cross.

Will do alright at League 1/Championship level. If he ends up back in Prem it will be a fluke and he will be nae good.

Roberts looks a solid signing. Not many players from the English Championship will come up here, let alone to the Scottish one. 

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

At this stage we don't know how Haring will cope having been out for over a year. He will need to be nurtured back to full fitness and we all know how lengthy spells out can lead to niggly other injuries. I notice nobody seems to have mentioned Walker as he could play in a more central role. Especially if Robbie signs another winger.

I thought Robbie would be looking at a DM to cover for Haring tbh but this Akhmatov seems to be a playmaker.

Personally always thought JW best position was as a second striker/attacking mid. He's not got the pace to play wide. 

3 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

Fair enough, I'm a techie, you use the greater than sign and I take that literally, apologies if I misunderstood 👍

No need to. 👍 

Rick Sanchez

Roberts a lefty? 

Roberts and Moore on left...possibly Frear on the right soon with Henderson or MacDonald. Not the greatest on paper but I'm ****ing done with judging on paper.

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Roberts a lefty? 

Roberts and Moore on left...possibly Frear on the right soon with Henderson or MacDonald. Not the greatest on paper but I'm ****ing done with judging on paper.

I'd say that's the strongest we've looked in the wide areas for quite some time, 2 guys who know the Scottish game and have done it previously with 3 youngster's coming through who have all had 1st team exposure and have shown varying degrees of assuredness at times

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Roberts a lefty? 

At least it’s starting to look balanced and less bloated.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Roberts a lefty? 

I think some of the young guys will be away out on loan. 

26 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Can’t give name but he’s Scottish nothing of much excitement will just be a much cheaper back up 

Ryan Scully

Ross Stewart

Jack Ruddy 

All free agents, would take either one of them. 

Edited by Batistuta87

KyleLafferty

I will never look at a Hearts team on paper again after last year. I've always waited to see players play 7-10 games before judging them. The fact that we are looking at boys that have played Scottish Football before is a great sign Neilson knows what he is doing.

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Roberts looks a solid signing. Not many players from the English Championship will come up here, let alone to the Scottish one. 

Not a clue how we got him. But if you don't ask you don't get I guess. Potential to be a great signing 

David McCaig

First Team currently looking like:

Gordon

Smith

Hickey

Souttar

Berra/Halkett

Haring

Lee

Walker

Naismith

Roberts

Boyce

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If his name is Akhmatov then why would he be Black?

Get a grip for god's sake man. You are just being a complete roaster and deliberately awkward. 

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

Loan for him would be good.  It's a difficult one because CG will almost certainly be number one for the next couple of seasons.

He needs to get experience so better having him out on loan for the season, with Gordon mentoring him (was please to hear in Gordon's interview saying he has already called Harry to chat.) So Gordon first choice this season with (if the rumour about a new back up is true) a cheap back up and Zlamel and Doyle leave to free up space and wage, Harry gets experience to develop.

19 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

He’s not came from the English Championship? 

Can't remember much about Roberts when he was with ICT. Hopefully he can beat a man and deliver a ball into the box, we desperately need players who can get bums off seats again, whenever we're allowed back into stadiums, of course :)

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Get a grip for god's sake man. You are just being a complete roaster and deliberately awkward. 

I actually thought you were trying to be smart just for the sake of it.

The fact this signing has happened so quickly, I wonder if it was either Jordan Roberts OR Elliot Frear. They appear to play in the same area of the pitch and we also have Lewis Moore.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Haring won't be starting 1st team games for a while I think, Dave.

Bit risky.

Very true, maybe a little window for Chris Hamilton to get a chance in the holding role for the Betfred games.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I actually thought you were trying to be smart just for the sake of it.

You know the penny just dropped after I posted my reply that you were possibly suggesting this as a surname!!!:biglaugh:

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bit risky.

We might as we open up a hospital recovery unit at Riccarton for injury prone players who take an ice age to recover and are out injured all the time, hell we could pay them a decent wage to attract more of them. No other club has had the amount of players made of glass at at club than us.And the reason is other clubs would move them on.This is not a dig at Haring or you just fed up with it and its every fecking season something happens to a player or a new signing lasts 50mins and is out for months.   FTH.

Edited by maroonlegions

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bit risky.

big petes first start in the demolition of hibs in the semi?

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think another one or two wingers will join. Moore and Henderson arent going to be good enough longterm 

Possibly not but will probably do a job this season. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

We might as we open up a hospital recovery unit at Riccarton for injury prone players who take an ice age to recover and are out injured all the time, hell we could pay them a decent wage to attract more of them. No other club has had the amount of players made of glass at at club than us.And the reason is other clubs would move them on.This is not a dig at Haring or you just fed up with it and its every fecking season something happens to a player or a new signing lasts 50mins and is out for months.   FTH.

I suggest we open The Peter Haring Research Unit.  We can use it to make breakthroughs in medical science such as discovering that asking someone to play through a hernia for several months isn’t a good idea, in the same way that rushing someone back from the subsequent double hernia for 60 minutes of football may well be detrimental to the chances of them ever playing football again!!

Jamboscanbevicius

Morrison out and Roberts in is a VERY good day!

I remember watching Robbie's rebuild for our last Championship stint and thinking that it looked logical, strategic, and well thought out to improve us and add experience in key areas. So far this looks along similar lines, immediately addressing GK and a powerful winger with SPFL experience.

A bit more of this type of surgery we will be looking in excellent shape IMO.

We need to trim a bit of cost too so I would fully expect to see several of Doyle, Zlamal, Hickey, Damour, Lee, Uche, Wighton to follow Clare out the door. But I do feel more confident having Robbie making these decisions. 

David McCaig
Just now, davemclaren said:

Possibly not but will probably do a job this season. 

I still have hopes that Henderson will make it at Hearts.

Moore’s only hope was his bizarre status as Stendel’s poster boy.

26 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Roberts a lefty? 

Frear and Roberts are both left-footed.

Based on the clips and other comments, Roberts looks like he mainly plays on the right and likes to cut in and shoot. Frear very much looks like a "get to the byline and cross" type, so he'd be much more suited to playing on the left.

Edited by DC_92

Jamboscanbevicius
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think another one or two wingers will join. Moore and Henderson arent going to be good enough longterm 

Agreed. Wouldn't surprise me if we sign Frear in addition to Roberts.

Rick Sanchez
9 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Frear and Roberts are both left-footed.

Based on the clips and other comments, Roberts looks like he mainly plays on the right and likes to cut in and shoot. Frear very much looks like a "get to the byline and cross" type, so he'd be much more suited to playing on the left.

Sounds good that. There's no YouTube compilations of Frear but I watched a few highlights he's involved in and he ain't too shabby.

17 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Very true, maybe a little window for Chris Hamilton to get a chance in the holding role for the Betfred games.

Or perhaps the Russian guy we are supposed to have on trial Akhmatov. Although I believe he is a more forward thinking type of midfielder.

I was watching the training video from earlier

on.

no sign of Washington training with them today unless he's nursing an injury. I didn't see frear either unless again there is a separate group

KyleLafferty
21 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Morrison out and Roberts in is a VERY good day!

I remember watching Robbie's rebuild for our last Championship stint and thinking that it looked logical, strategic, and well thought out to improve us and add experience in key areas. So far this looks along similar lines, immediately addressing GK and a powerful winger with SPFL experience.

A bit more of this type of surgery we will be looking in excellent shape IMO.

We need to trim a bit of cost too so I would fully expect to see several of Doyle, Zlamal, Hickey, Damour, Lee, Uche, Wighton to follow Clare out the door. But I do feel more confident having Robbie making these decisions. 

I think Lee will starting most games for us this season.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

:laugh:

Hearing Forrest has demanded free razors for the duration of his contract. Budge has offered Bics and he's demanding Gillette...could be a stubble block.

FTFY