Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Goalkeeper is also a very unforgiving role for people who make occasional mistakes. A striker misses a sitter they look stupid but will get another chance in the game. A midfielder does a sloppy pass that the opposition take advantage, they still have a defence and goalie behind. A defender makes a mistake, they still have other defenders and a goalie to recover it. Goalkeeper makes a mistake then usually it means they concede a goal. No one can help them. 

Think Doyle is a capable goalkeeper but he made to many errors. I remember the game against Motherwell which we were drawing and the last minute he made a mistake from a free kick that was way out and we lost a vital point.

But hope he has a good time at Killie. I imagine he will be mainly back up until January.

Wish the guy all the best but the thing that drove me nuts about him for such a big guy he would very rarely come for crosses. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

14 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I liked Juanma. 😃

If Juanma wasn't a lazy arsehole, he'd never have had a career playing in pish leagues, he'd have played at a much higher level. 

On an aside, with Brexit how will Hearts, as a Championship club, be able to obtain work permits for non-international foreign players?  

I very much doubt that Hearts are looking to bring in foreign players of exceptional talent and anyway I doubt SFA/SPFL will support any such work permit request.

I assume Akmnatov, if in Edinburgh, is here on a tourist visa.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

If Juanma wasn't a lazy arsehole, he'd never have had a career playing in pish leagues, he'd have played at a much higher level. 

Juanma got 13 goals in his first season. Not a bad return for a striker in a new league - one of our better returns in the last 10 years or so

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

On an aside, with Brexit how will Hearts, as a Championship club, be able to obtain work permits for non-international foreign players?  

I very much doubt that Hearts are looking to bring in foreign players of exceptional talent and anyway I doubt SFA/SPFL will support any such work permit request.

Think he has a French passport. EU signings still possible until actual Brexit date I think

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

The standards should be lower for international signings the further down the leagues you go so it should be easier. I mind Jason Scotland got rejected for a permit with Utd but got one for St Johnstone in the next league down after using the same dossier to apply.

42 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Juanma got 13 goals in his first season. Not a bad return for a striker in a new league - one of our better returns in the last 10 years or so

That's what I'm saying. He had talent, great finisher and when he tried hard he was a quality player. Clearly he just didn't have the right state of mind otherwise, he wouldn't be playing in the 2nd tier in Japan. 

1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

A new back up keeper is a complete waste of cash unless Stone is going out on loan. Bobby is fine as back up.

Agreed, unless Zlamal is going. Wouldn't surprise me if he went. Probably on decent wages.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Agreed, unless Zlamal is going. Wouldn't surprise me if he went. Probably on decent wages.

Fair point. 

17 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

A new back up keeper is a complete waste of cash unless Stone is going out on loan. Bobby is fine as back up.

I doubt we’d be signing a back up keeper if we were hanging onto to Bobby. Likely he’s been told to find a new club if he hasn’t got something in the pipeline already. 

8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Maybe his performance issues were a direct result of the personal issues? His wife and kid were both seriously ill and I don't know about you but if that was my wife and kid, I would have serious issues focusing at work too and might drop the odd clanger get myself. The club gave him a year off - maybe longer than that - and continued to pay his wages to help him and his family out so it was no small issue. So maybe the criticism isn't entirely justified when you look at what he might have been dealing with internally at the time. He had plenty pedigree behind him when he signed - played at a decent level his whole carrer and was capped for ROI, so was actually quite a sensible looking signing on paper.

I think the man is a very poor player his personal circumstances may be a contributing factor or it may not be some players use football as an escape from reality and for they 90 minutes they forget the world exist how this has affected him I have no clue but to some it up i hope to never see him in a hearts top again and sincerely hope his family are all well 

Edited by Kyle1874

rudeskaboyuk

I am not writing Loic off either.  The boys played at a decent level and maybe just maybe his form will return along with his confidence.

Funnier things have happened in football . This time next year we might all be praying he signs a new contract .

7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Not going anywhere by the looks of it!

Let’s hope under different management and tactics we see a transformed player 

Mid Calder Jambo
21 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I am not writing Loic off either.  The boys played at a decent level and maybe just maybe his form will return along with his confidence.

Funnier things have happened in football . This time next year we might all be praying he signs a new contract .

Damour was a decent footballer down south.  I was genuinely happy when he signed and totally displeased with his performance when he arrived.  It can only be attitude and nothing else.  Four year deal and no bonus doesn't exactly focus the mind.  He should stroll the Championship.  He should be the play maker.  Hopefully Robbie can manage and MOTIVATE him to some sort of performance level.

Ainsley Harriott
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Boy could finish he scored some lovely goals but never seen someone be caught offside as much.

Phil D. Corners
8 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Damour was a decent footballer down south.  I was genuinely happy when he signed and totally displeased with his performance when he arrived.  It can only be attitude and nothing else.  Four year deal and no bonus doesn't exactly focus the mind.  He should stroll the Championship.  He should be the play maker.  Hopefully Robbie can manage and MOTIVATE him to some sort of performance level.

I’m with this. I think the headline is Robbie trying to build his confidence up. 

Ultimately we are paying his wages so it’s in Robbies interest to try and get the best out of him. 

1 minute ago, Chaps said:

No one wants him then.

In which case we have to manage him and try to get him playing the way that he did for Cardiff. 

We can’t afford to have expensive players sitting in the stands. 

19 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Boy could finish he scored some lovely goals but never seen someone be caught offside as much.

Never forgive him for the miss at Easter Road in the cup replay. Last minute of the game, ball lands to him 6 yards out and he tried to back heel it in! Had enough time and space to control, turn then hit it. 

HillmanHearts
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Just because Robbie is talking him up, doesn't mean he wont be away by the start of the season.

Yeah. Robbie being sensible. If no one comes for him we may as well have him in the best mindset possible.

I see him as cover for Haring currently. Up to him to raise his game and attitude.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Comments about Damour same ones attributed earlier to Clare but yet Clare became a hero to some. 

Never a middle ground. Why JKB never disappoints 

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Would love to have kept Clare. 

Yup. Good player and a really likeable guy.

Claire in a strong, attacking, Hearts team would have been great to watch.

What with all our injuries and shit show management, you feel the kid never had the chance. Always tried, even when his form was crap.

Will watch out for him.

Not many players have left in recent years I've been gutted about. Paterson possibly the last one.

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Good. Clean slate for all. The guy can play, showed that against Celtic and Hibs. If Robbie gets him fit and gets a tune out of him, great.

We've been so leaderless for years that I'm able to cut players a wee bit slack. Nows the time to knuckle down

32 minutes ago, gov said:

All he has really said is loic will get a chance to prove himself in pre season as will almost every player. Dont see an issue with that

Exactly. Not a fan of Damour but they've hardly kicked a ball yet. No doubt every player will be being assessed.

43 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wonder if he took JJ's sage advice on this one.

No other option, him having a 4yr deal.

His biggest problem is that he doesnt move the ball quick enough and gets caught in possesion; playing in DM has cost us goals as teams can counter quickly as he loses the ball and exposes us. Not sure how you can coach that out at 29 years old.

I'd imagine in training he looks good but when it comes to game speed, its a different matter. 

1 minute ago, Renoir said:

His biggest problem is that he doesnt move the ball quick enough and gets caught in possesion; playing in DM has cost us goals as teams can counter quickly as he loses the ball and exposes us. Not sure how you can coach that out at 29 years old.

I'd imagine in training he looks good but when it comes to game speed, its a different matter. 

And at Cardiff perhaps this didn't matter as they tended to bypass midfield? Too simplistic?

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Not going anywhere by the looks of it!

Or Robbie just making sure is name is appearing in the news as a wee reminder to other clubs

A lot of people from Ann Budge to Loic Damour and all in between seem to be getting 'clean slates'. I know I harp on about this but how does everyone get off so Scot free? We are in a 27 game Championship next season, pre qualifying for a diddy cup watching other teams on Sky as we scratch our balls. How on Earth are people not giving a ****?

I want ***** like Damour shining boots for the lassies team till he sees out his contract. I want Budge forced out. The club stinks at the core. How are we suddenly expecting things to be different. 6 years in and apart from a shiney stand in a soulless stadium everything has gone to shit. We are the whipping boys on our own patch and we spunk away more money than Michael Jackson on a shopping spree.

Jamboscanbevicius

As others have said, this is good management by Robbie. No point writing him off unless there is a club willing to take him, and he has the pedigree to be excellent under the right manager. However I think Robbie's tone sounds quite measured "every chance to prove himself" isn't exactly "he's committed and we're going to build the team around him". I still expect that he'll be away by Oct.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A lot of people from Ann Budge to Loic Damour and all in between seem to be getting 'clean slates'. I know I harp on about this but how does everyone get off so Scot free? We are in a 27 game Championship next season, pre qualifying for a diddy cup watching other teams on Sky as we scratch our balls. How on Earth are people not giving a ****?

I want ***** like Damour shining boots for the lassies team till he sees out his contract. I want Budge forced out. The club stinks at the core. How are we suddenly expecting things to be different. 6 years in and apart from a shiney stand in a soulless stadium everything has gone to shit. We are the whipping boys on our own patch and we spunk away more money than Michael Jackson on a shopping spree.

Pipe down rub-a-dub!

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Wonder if he took JJ's sage advice on this one.

Let's be honest - who would have taken him?? He's a high earner too so he'd never get the same money by moving elsewhere. Unless some miracle offer comes along, we're stuck with him and can only hope that he pulls the finger out and plays better next season. 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I would imagine there is loads going on that we are not aware of (annoys me aswell as we are supposed to a fan led club but we get fed nothing really apart from AGM minutes.):levein2:

Surely the biggest decision made is to remove Craig Levein and his staff?Also shipping out the players Neilson and JJ have in a couple of weeks is pretty good going and despite what is in that article i would imagine Damour will be off aswell.

I fully expect Ann Budge to go also,her time was up long ago.The atmosphere will come back when we have some players worthy of supporting.It is hard to get GEE'd up by going to Tynecastle and watch a strikeforce of Steve McLean and Craig Wighton.:cornette:

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, gov said:

All he has really said is loic will get a chance to prove himself in pre season as will almost every player. Dont see an issue with that

Exactly.

New manager, clean slate.

It's up to every player to show he wants to play for Hearts and is good enough to play for Hearts

A_A wehatethehibs

You never know with Damour. The championship may help him get some confidence, and playing well at that level might help him get some momentum back in to his career. Hearts will be dominating every game so it will suit him. If he does leave I don’t think any jambos would shed a tear but if he stays, then let’s be optimistic he can play his part in getting us promoted. That’s all that matters at the end of the day for this season. A lot of folk talking about planning for the premiership, for me it’s all about getting promotion there is only one aim for this squad and this manager and any players, promotion. Achieve that aim in style, get a fit confident squad, then the premiership will take care of itself. Can damour play a part in that? As long as Neilson gets the man management right, yes he can.

I'm hoping for a completely different mentality next season. Levein being at the club was a massive issue, he was a very divisive person and if you didn't get on with you I can imagine it wasn't a place you wanted to be. Neilson had great team spirit first time round and I expect the same again. Even as a player, even though he was no world beater a massive part of the reason he played so much was his leadership and influence on other players. 

As for Doyle, glad he is away although hold nothing against him personally. Apart from his gaff at Motherwell and a few flaps here and there he wasn't the worst. Certainly seen worse keepers at Hearts in my time including the boy last season that got us relegated. 

Haringshairband
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You're a bit of a drama queen, aren't you!!

BackOfTheNet

Don’t want to sound too much like Craig David, but we’ve signed Roberts on Monday, Doyle gone on Tuesday, potential backup keeper on Wednesday, what are we to expect (if anything) by the end of Friday? (Weekends are a wash in transfer windows as we know)