Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

19 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Doyle is the worst keeper I have seen at hearts. My next door neighbours are killie fans so I look forward to hearing how bad he has been for them. 

never in a million years 

8 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Craig Nelson, Joel Pereira and Eduardas Kurskis 👍

this

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I'll raise you a Brian Wilson. A free from Arbroath IIRC.

and this 

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So am I - definitely.

As I said he's doing what most Hearts would have wanted/expected.  Mind you we only really have had one RN signing so far as CG was well touted to be coming before RN was appointed.  I can't say I am unhappy re the departures with the possible exception of Morrison who showed some promise but lacked the consistency.  Still, we can't spend our time looking back, can we Davy?

We can look back to see where we got it wrong and try and put it right in the future though, don't you think Al?

4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Think I would have rather got rid of Doyle permanently 

The club might have as well. 

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We can look back to see where we got it wrong and try and put it right in the future though, don't you think Al?

That might help if we were under the same management but things have moved on.  You should try it, Davy.

Just now, JamboAl said:

That might help if we were under the same management but things have moved on.  You should try it, Davy.

You should to Al and try and forget about your hero who is not involved in the club anymore.

33 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Doyle is the worst keeper I have seen at hearts. My next door neighbours are killie fans so I look forward to hearing how bad he has been for them. 

Only 11 games for Hearts since 2018.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You should to Al and try and forget about your hero who is not involved in the club anymore.

I see your team are top of the league, Davy, after beating Dundee Celtic.

You must be very proud.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I see your team are top of the league, Davy, after beating Dundee Celtic.

You must be very proud.

I always know when you are struggling Al when you revert to that old chestnut. Can't come up with a better reply so you comfort youself by imagining I am a Hibs fan when nothing could be further from the truth.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I always know when you are struggling Al when you revert to that old chestnut. Can't come up with a better reply so you comfort youself by imagining I am a Hibs fan when nothing could be further from the truth.

Methinks thou protesteth too much.

I know who's struggling.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Give it a rest Al.

When you stop harking back on a transfer window thread.  Give that a rest or better still bury it and move on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Only 11 games for Hearts since 2018.

Which is the biggest problem when the other 2 were so bad

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

When you stop harking back on a transfer window thread.  Give that a rest or better still bury it and move on.

You are the one that keeps dragging it up.  You can't resist having a go can you Al. Always got to have the last word like a spoilt wee boy.

I have moved on did you see my last post?

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Credit to the guy he has at least been making some use of all the spare time he has had during lockdown and trying to improve his game.

He was looking super fit during lockdown when strolling along Eyre Place with his gal.

My mum took a shine to him! 😆

20200811_205332.jpg

1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

Your obviously quite young as there has been much worse 

😊 that’s a brilliant pic, your mum looks like her day just turned perfect, thanks for putting it up. My daughter’s hearts’ broken that he’s away - apparently Sean’s “hot”, as well as being a class pro. Oxfords gain imo. 

I find the Doyle to Killie thing a strange one.  Why are we helping out a club who shafted us?

Also, I think the criticism of him is uncalled for - the lad and his family have been going through an extremely difficult time so it’s no wonder his work was affected.  Some people think footballers are immune from personal difficulties but he’s human like the rest of us.

I for one wish Colin and his family well. 

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I find the Doyle to Killie thing a strange one.  Why are we helping out a club who shafted us?

Also, I think the criticism of him is uncalled for - the lad and his family have been going through an extremely difficult time so it’s no wonder his work was affected.  Some people think footballers are immune from personal difficulties but he’s human like the rest of us.

Helping.....

:clyay:

Edited by davie1980

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You are the one that keeps dragging it up.  You can't resist having a go can you Al. Always got to have the last word like a spoilt wee boy.

I have moved on did you see my last post?

Yes and No.

I can understand last season because things went pear shaped.  We now have new management, a new division and different challenges.  The past is gone.

3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

This might come across wrong but regardless of his personal issues he’s still no where near good enough for Hearts and I wish him or his family no harm but the criticism of his performances are more than justified 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yes and No.

I can understand last season because things went pear shaped.  We now have new management, a new division and different challenges.  The past is gone.

I’m sure you posted lots of tosh about Levein being good and it was only the injuries that effed up our season.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

I’m sure you posted lots of tosh about Levein being good and it was only the injuries that effed up our season.

I posted a lot about our season being effed up but did not post about Levein being good (or bad).

16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

A small saving in doyles wages I suppose.

Someone posted about an incoming keeper. Does the Doyle move bring that closer?

So the squad looks like this at the moment.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon 
- Bobby Zlamal 
- Harry Stone 

Right Backs
- Michael Smith 
- Jamie Brandon 

Centre Backs
- John Souttar 
- Craig Halkett 
- Christophe Berra 
- Chris Hamilton 

Left Backs
- Aaron Hickey 
- Aidy White 
- Ben Garrucio 

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring 
- Olly Lee 
- Jamie Walker 
- Harry Cochrane 
- Andy Irving 
- Loic Damour
- Connor Smith

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts
- Lewis Moore
- Anthony MacDonald

- Euan Henderson

Forwards
- Liam Boyce
- Steven Naismith
- Conor Washington
- Uche Ikpeazu
- Craig Wighton

Out on Loan: Colin Doyle (Kilmarnock)

Sold/Released/Contracts Expired; Bobby Burns, Sean Clare, Callumn Morrison, Clevid Dikamona, Oliver Bozanic, Donis Avdijaj, Daniel Baur, Marcel Langer, Steven MacLean, Alex Petkov, Rory Currie.

Loans Expired; Toby Sibbick, Ryotaro Meshino, Joel Pereira.

Just shows how bad the squad has been when 14 players have left since the end of the season and arguably the only one who will be missed is Sean Clare. Bozanic and Dikamona both contributed but easily replaced. 

You must be very young or have a very bad memory. 

Heartsofgold

Eh, naw.  We've had plenty including the spagetti fingered twat last year.

13 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon 
- Bobby Zlamal 
- Harry Stone 

Right Backs
- Michael Smith 
- Jamie Brandon 

Centre Backs
- John Souttar 
- Craig Halkett 
- Christophe Berra 
- Chris Hamilton 

Left Backs
- Aaron Hickey 
- Aidy White 
- Ben Garrucio 

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring 
- Olly Lee 
- Jamie Walker 
- Harry Cochrane 
- Andy Irving 
- Loic Damour
- Connor Smith

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts
- Lewis Moore
- Anthony MacDonald

- Euan Henderson

Forwards
- Liam Boyce
- Steven Naismith
- Conor Washington
- Uche Ikpeazu
- Craig Wighton

Sold/Released/Contracts Expired; Bobby Burns, Sean Clare, Callumn Morrison, Clevid Dikamona, Oliver Bozanic, Donis Avdijaj, Daniel Baur, Marcel Langer, Steven MacLean, Alex Petkov, Rory Currie.

Just shows how bad the squad has been when 14 players have left since the end of the season and arguably the only one who will be missed is Sean Clare. Bozanic and Dikamona both contributed but easily replaced. 

Squad still far too big! Woiks expect more outgoings before any new signings

Good news about Doyle.  Maybe just another two of Levein's honking signings next out the door will do.   Damour and Uche. 

allystrachan
38 minutes ago, bazman said:

Your obviously quite young as there has been much worse 

I wish I was. 

I have never seen anyone as bad at catching crosses in my life. The issue this year was that we had 2 keepers that were probably in the bottom 5 keepers of the last 40 years. & Bobby wasn’t much better.

Rick Sanchez

I remember when Doyle was signing I watched a YouTube video dedicated to his bloopers and it was brutal. It begs the question of why the hell was he signed.

Seems a nice guy and had a cracking save at ER. Should only have six months left when he returns? Hopefully a mutual release or another loan after that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I remember when Doyle was signing I watched a YouTube video dedicated to his bloopers and it was brutal. It begs the question of why the hell was he signed.

Seems a nice guy and had a cracking save at ER. Should only have six months left when he returns? Hopefully a mutual release or another loan after that.

I think often it is forgotten these are often good people. 

Brutal game though,  magnified by social media. 

Leeds documentary,  Luke Ayling quoted as saying stadium singing his name yet social media slated him.

I met Doyle at plot ceremony week after Motherwell,  he was very humble and quiet,  couldn't help sympathise with the guy. It's the people who identify them,  train them and play them that are mostly responsible, not a player playing at the unsuitable level 

Adam_the_legend
25 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It begs the question of why the hell was he signed.

That could be said of 80%+ of our signings the last 5 years...

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Leeds documentary,  Luke Ayling quoted as saying stadium singing his name yet social media slated him.

I met Doyle at plot ceremony week after Motherwell,  he was very humble and quiet,  couldn't help sympathise with the guy. It's the people who identify them,  train them and play them that are mostly responsible, not a player playing at the unsuitable level 

Doyle played for Brum in the top division of England.

He obviously did not fulfil his early career promise.  Latterly, as mentioned previously, he did have family health problems which nust have had a detrimental effect on his performances.  Maybe the temporary change of scenery will reflect positively in his form.  Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

I think we should distinguish between loaning young players out to teams that shafted us and a situation like this where we are getting someone off the wage bill at least temporarily. We have no intention of playing him but unlikely to find him a permanent move at the moment. Killie are in need of a short-term keeper due to injury. Clearly a move that benefits both teams.

1 hour ago, Kyle1874 said:

This might come across wrong but regardless of his personal issues he’s still no where near good enough for Hearts and I wish him or his family no harm but the criticism of his performances are more than justified 

Maybe his performance issues were a direct result of the personal issues? His wife and kid were both seriously ill and I don't know about you but if that was my wife and kid, I would have serious issues focusing at work too and might drop the odd clanger get myself. The club gave him a year off - maybe longer than that - and continued to pay his wages to help him and his family out so it was no small issue. So maybe the criticism isn't entirely justified when you look at what he might have been dealing with internally at the time. He had plenty pedigree behind him when he signed - played at a decent level his whole carrer and was capped for ROI, so was actually quite a sensible looking signing on paper.

Edited by Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Goalkeeper is also a very unforgiving role for people who make occasional mistakes. A striker misses a sitter they look stupid but will get another chance in the game. A midfielder does a sloppy pass that the opposition take advantage, they still have a defence and goalie behind. A defender makes a mistake, they still have other defenders and a goalie to recover it. Goalkeeper makes a mistake then usually it means they concede a goal. No one can help them. 

Think Doyle is a capable goalkeeper but he made to many errors. I remember the game against Motherwell which we were drawing and the last minute he made a mistake from a free kick that was way out and we lost a vital point.

But hope he has a good time at Killie. I imagine he will be mainly back up until January.

Couldn't really take to Doyle at all. His comments about looking forward to playing at Parkhead I think were really poor. His howler was horrific, and he never looked comfortable. 

Joel Pereira is hands down the worst keeper I've ever saw though. Doyle is just a bog standard back up keeper. Considering his experience his inability to assert himself was poor. Although, just reading @Batistuta87's post above, so looks like personal issues have played a part. Obviously, irrespective of not taking to him wish him and his family well and hope they're in better health going forward. Heres hoping he turns a corner at Killie. 

Gordon, Bobby & Stone are a good mix. Assuming Stone does get bumped up (I think it would be perfect as Gordon's career will likely come to an end when Stone is looking to want to get first team games under his belt. Seems well timed IMO. Would love it if Gordon could give us about 3 seasons before hanging up the gloves. Would put Stone at about 20/21 so a good age to make the step up.

The guy has had a long career. Mostly at a semi decent level. Because he hasn't set the world alight with us doesn't make him a terrible keeper. ALL keepers make mistakes. Good luck to him at Killie

3 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Popadom Periera far worse!!  Bobby hopeless positionally and how about juggling Jack Hamilton...........oh and for those a bit older I'll throw in  Craig Nelson and Ray Dunlop imo all far worse Goalies than Doyle

Best of luck To him and his family

1 hour ago, Thomson1874 said:

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon 
- Bobby Zlamal 
- Harry Stone 

Right Backs
- Michael Smith 
- Jamie Brandon 

Centre Backs
- John Souttar 
- Craig Halkett 
- Christophe Berra 
- Chris Hamilton 

Left Backs
- Aaron Hickey 
- Aidy White 
- Ben Garrucio 

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring 
- Olly Lee 
- Jamie Walker 
- Harry Cochrane 
- Andy Irving 
- Loic Damour
- Connor Smith

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts
- Lewis Moore
- Anthony MacDonald

- Euan Henderson

Forwards
- Liam Boyce
- Steven Naismith
- Conor Washington
- Uche Ikpeazu
- Craig Wighton

Thanks for that update. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one to have failed to keep track!

I'm pretty sure that there'll be further changes prior to our season starting (if it ever does courtesy of the antics by the Aberdeen 8, Griffiths, and Bolingoli ... and the next numptie to make a 'genuine error') but, I have to say, with the squad you've quoted I'd be tempted to place a bet on going the season unbeaten; and I NEVER bet! Every other club we'll be up against would look at that prospective line-up as a fantasy.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Someone posted about an incoming keeper. Does the Doyle move bring that closer?

I wouldnt have thought so if Doyle is only a short term loan. 

You never know though.

11 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Anybody underwhelmed should remember the summer we signed Juanma,Oshaniwa,Augustyn etc 🤓

Happy these day are over.

I liked Juanma. 😃