Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Anything other than Doyle and Zlamal is exciting.  I'll be over the moon when they leave.

Killie in for Doyle 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Think he was def off to Charlton, then their takeover collapsed. If Charlton are interested, I'm sure there will be other clubs interested too. He'll definitely go this summer. 

Charlton will be lucky if they still exist come September. 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Killie in for Doyle 

That's underwhelming for them.  I am super excited :)   Considering their keeper versus Celtic, I think they could do with a proper back-up.  I do realise they could be skint on the money side.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Some shan Hibs twitter group saying O'Donnell is signing for them tomorrow.

Shiiiiite.

In the news Ross and Gordon were chatting today about investing more into the 1st team.  Could just be fantasy.  To be honest I do not think now that he's signing for us considering where we are.

Edited by HMFC01

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Possible 22 man squad? 

GK Gordon, New GK

RB M. Smith, Brandon

LB Garuccio, White

CB Souttar, Halkett, Berra, Hamilton

CM Haring, Lee, Irving, Akhmatov 

WG Roberts, Walker, Moore, Frear

FW Boyce, Naismith, Uche, Wighton

Transfers Out: Doyle, Zlamal, Damour, Washington 

Loans Out: Cochrane, C. Smith, McDonald, Henderson 

Hendo will be in squad ahead of both Uche and Wighton imo. Don’t think your loans will happen either. Squad would be too small if injuries, suspensions etc kick in 

Just now, HMFC01 said:

In the news Ross and Gordon were chatting today about investing more into the 1st team.

SMSM giving them an easy ride despite the deferred wages etc.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Shiiiiite.

It's weird arguably Scotland's first or 2nd choice RB (I don't rate him that way but he seems to be) is without a club at the start of the season.

26 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

I thought Charlton had a transfer embargo imposed when the takeover collapsed (or before). Not sure if that is still the case.

It was before and is still in place. Their new owners have failed the fit and proper test. The takeover was dodgy and likely to end up in court in any case. 

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Shiiiiite.

As long as Smith is still here I don't think we would be interested in O'Donnell.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Nowadays Naismith plays more in midfield than as an out and out forward.  If Washington leaves we need another forward. Hopefully Wighton will prove the doubters wrong but either way I hope we are looking at young strking propects as back up.

he shouldn’t be anywhere near midfield.. and he won’t be.

a huge error on Stendel’s part.. 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, kila said:

The more I look at it, the more I am convinced that Gordon decided to use the Coronavirus as cover to make job losses and players reduce their wages to cut costs, something he wanted to do before the pandemic.

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's weird arguably Scotland's first or 2nd choice RB (I don't rate him that way but he seems to be) is without a club at the start of the season.

If we were taking a Kille player would rather sign Findlay all day long.

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hendo will be in squad ahead of both Uche and Wighton imo. Don’t think your loans will happen either. Squad would be too small if injuries, suspensions etc kick in 

Remember it’s only a 27 game season though. Squad doesn’t need to be that large for so few games.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

In the news Ross and Gordon were chatting today about investing more into the 1st team.  Could just be fantasy.  To be honest I do not think now that he's signing for us considering where we are.

They need to. They're two injuries to key players away from being a bottom 6 team at best. Very thin squad. Imagine if they got the scale of injuries we did the last couple of seasons... not even sure they have enough players full stop to cover for that.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Remember it’s only a 27 game season though. Squad doesn’t need to be that large for so few games.

Up to 18 stripped every week means you need more than 21 outfield players regardless of length of season. Could be four cup competitions this coming season as well as league. Could be as many as 40+ games in 7 months 

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I think most of us would have been quite impressed with the lad when he first got a run but like many others just couldn’t find any consistency 

You got about 2 games in a row under McPhee and Levein then dropped.  Players need time in the team to play in different types of games, learn what to do in different scenarios and etch it on the brain. A couple of games every 3 months won’t do that.  

I understand a player being pulled if they look totally out their depth, maybe looking too ineffective etc... but you need a manager to believe in young players and give them time and guidance. Stendel did it, I’m sure Neilson will with the ones deemed good enough left over.  He did with Walker, Nicholson et al 6 years ago. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
22 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Killie in for Doyle 

20 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

That's underwhelming for them.  I am super excited :)   Considering their keeper versus Celtic, I think they could do with a proper back-up.  I do realise they could be skint on the money side.

Jack Eastwood, who played the first half against Hibs is back down at Bramall Lane, with a fairly serious muscle tear apparently.  Leaves Kille a goalie down. They need cover.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I'd change that personally. Naismith is at his best up top imo

I agree, preferably him not to have to be so deep, He's a good striker and an average midfielder 

Borders Jambo
10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The more I look at it, the more I am convinced that Gordon decided to use the Coronavirus as cover to make job losses and players reduce their wages to cut costs, something he wanted to do before the pandemic.

This, plus their friends in the media refuse to question them or even carry out a modicum of investigative journalism.

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Up to 18 stripped every week means you need more than 21 outfield players regardless of length of season. Could be four cup competitions this coming season as well as league. Could be as many as 40+ games in 7 months 

Personally I think a team should aim to have two for every position. First team level and players expecting not to play every game (nearing retirement or fringe players) and then a decent 3rd string from the youth team that can step up if injury or suspension requires it. If you have two for every position in preferred formation you have 22, so a squad of 25 should be enough - the 22, plus a 3rd keeper and maybe two utility players or fringe players. With that in mind I would say we will have a big enough squad to still loan people out.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

30 minutes ago, kila said:

Considering we got it absolutely stinking the press for Murray having the nerve to ask agents to forward any names so he can have a look :D

The double standard is horrific. 

Also, hope Doyle ****s off. He's not been good enough since day 1. Considering his experience thats been a real disappointment. Killie can take over the problem now. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, My half sister said:

Who pays for Covid testing if a player is on loan?

Would have to be the club with the registration bubble contact etc

8 minutes ago, My half sister said:

Who pays for Covid testing if a player is on loan?

It's done at training so assuming it'll be the loan club where the player is training, rather than the parent club. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Charlton will be lucky if they still exist come September. 

I'd like to see us go for the other player they cannot sign at present (though had agreed to do so) and may well not be able to sign/afford given the salary cap, ownership issues etc

Alex Gilbey..midfielder and Robbie knows him. Out of contract

Player of the year at MK Dons for last 2 seasons

Look at his you tube and see the league goal of the season for an example

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

also if those players were to be loaned out at this level then their teas oot on their hearts career.

At this level they should be making an impact. Could make or break their hearts careers

Jamboscanbevicius
47 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I'd like to see us go for the other player they cannot sign at present (though had agreed to do so) and may well not be able to sign/afford given the salary cap, ownership issues etc

Alex Gilbey..midfielder and Robbie knows him. Out of contract

Player of the year at MK Dons for last 2 seasons

Look at his you tube and see the league goal of the season for an example

Alex Gilbey looks decent but he’s not out of contract. MK Dins had accepted a bid from Charlton: https://www.mkfm.com/news/mk-dons-news/mk-dons-boss-russell-martin-discusses-alex-gilbey-situation/

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Alex Gilbey looks decent but he’s not out of contract. MK Dins had accepted a bid from Charlton: https://www.mkfm.com/news/mk-dons-news/mk-dons-boss-russell-martin-discusses-alex-gilbey-situation/

That Mk Dons with another new manager? That's four appointed in 3.5 years, including Robbie.

Noteworthy because I remember at the time Neilson said how the stability at MK Dons and having an owner who gives managers time was key to his decision to go there. Just shows how quickly things change. He seems to have done well to last as long as he did. He's their 3rd longest serving manager in their 16 year history.

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Daily record now running with it, saying it will be a loan deal.

Kilmarnock have targeted Hearts goalkeeper Colin Doyle for a loan swoop after Jake Eastwood was ruled out for three months with a thigh injury.

Doyle has slipped to third choice at the Jambos following the arrival of Craig Gordon but the 35-year-old’s experience has attracted Killie boss Alex Dyer who is desperately trying to plug a gap in his goalkeeping ranks.

Dyer has been left with Danny Rogers as his only senior keeper after Sheffield United loanee Eastwood tore his thigh in his debut against Hibs last week.

Untested 20-year-old Curtis Lyle was back-up in Sunday’s 1-1 draw with Celtic.

Now the Rugby Park club are set to move for Doyle who hasn’t featured for Hearts’ top team since last September.

With Gordon and Bobby Zlamal ahead of him in the pecking order at Tynecastle, Doyle is understood to be open to the move to Ayrshire although Robbie Neilson may wish to add another back-up shotstopper before green lighting any move. 

The four-times capped Ireland international has made just 14 appearances for Hearts since moving to Gorgie from Bradford City two years ago.

Eastwood, meanwhile, has returned to Sheffield United for rehabilitation on his thigh injury.

33 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is Roberts a left winger? Thought frear was meant to be first signing as both left footed wingers

I thought Robbie was signing 4 wingers.  2 on each side.  No point signing 1 left sided with no competition.  Could use the young players on the right.  Moore, McDonald but I think he wants senior players on both sides.

My opinion is based on media quotes from Robbie.

Edited by HMFC01

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

They need to. They're two injuries to key players away from being a bottom 6 team at best. Very thin squad. Imagine if they got the scale of injuries we did the last couple of seasons... not even sure they have enough players full stop to cover for that.

it was suggested they are not done selling players, possibly 1 or two.  They might have been making a plan to replace them with the money coming in, also the Kamberi money was to be discussed :)  

Holyrood_Hearts
5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Possible 22 man squad? 

GK Gordon, New GK

RB M. Smith, Brandon

LB Garuccio, White

CB Souttar, Halkett, Berra, Hamilton

CM Haring, Lee, Irving, Akhmatov 

WG Roberts, Walker, Moore, Frear

FW Boyce, Naismith, Uche, Wighton

Transfers Out: Doyle, Zlamal, Damour, Washington 

Loans Out: Cochrane, C. Smith, McDonald, Henderson 

Is the SPFL vote in the 5 subs rule, we’ll need a match day squad of 20 at least 

Holyrood_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Roberts a Levein signing then, dearie me. 

Joking obviously 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, EagleJambo said:

I thought Charlton had a transfer embargo imposed when the takeover collapsed (or before). Not sure if that is still the case.

Yes they’ve had it since January, they were hoping it would be lifted but the takeover collapsed as you say, just before the salary cap came in so there might not be any takers for him on his current salary. 

1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

sorry

Charlton Athletic are in advanced talks to sign MK Dons midfielder Alex Gilbey, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The 25-year-old is available on a free transfer this summer after his contract at Stadium MK expired last month.

13 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Rumour doing the rounds that Hamburg are interested in Andy Irving 😟

No idea if true but that would be some move for the boy, German football so far above our game here. Fantastic experience for a Scots youngster and a fair feather in the club’s cap should we end up selling two of our kids to clubs on the continent. 

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

sorry

Charlton Athletic are in advanced talks to sign MK Dons midfielder Alex Gilbey, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The 25-year-old is available on a free transfer this summer after his contract at Stadium MK expired last month.

Seems to play in the same position as Olly Lee. Not sure there would be much logic in going for him while we still have Irving, Damour and Cochrane as well as Lee and Haring in CM.

Edited by ToqueJambo

15 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

No idea if true but that would be some move for the boy, German football so far above our game here. Fantastic experience for a Scots youngster and a fair feather in the club’s cap should we end up selling two of our kids to clubs on the continent. 

I’d rather keep Irving thanks. I’m a bit selfish that way. :unsure:

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wighton....ffs 😩

Seen him in the training video today, has a skinhead now to look tough 😆🙈