Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

45 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Not a clue how we got him. But if you don't ask you don't get I guess. Potential to be a great signing 

Was he a free? I'm not sure I can't see anything about a transfer fee. Or have I missed it?

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Was he a free? I'm not sure I can't see anything about a transfer fee. Or have I missed it?

He was unattached.

Possible 22 man squad? 

GK Gordon, New GK

RB M. Smith, Brandon

LB Garuccio, White

CB Souttar, Halkett, Berra, Hamilton

CM Haring, Lee, Irving, Akhmatov 

WG Roberts, Walker, Moore, Frear

FW Boyce, Naismith, Uche, Wighton

Transfers Out: Doyle, Zlamal, Damour, Washington 

Loans Out: Cochrane, C. Smith, McDonald, Henderson 

Edited by Cruyff

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Really?  I heard the Stone was getting a bump up as soon as we moved on Zlamal ans/or Doyle.

Craig Gordon said that Stone is injured and will be a few weeks before he expected to be able to pass on tips and so on.

SuperstarSteve
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Possible 22 man squad? 

GK Gordon, New GK

RB M. Smith, Brandon

LB Garuccio, White

Transfers Out: Doyle, Zlamal, Damour

Add Washington to Charlton  

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Possible 22 man squad? 

GK Gordon, New GK

RB M. Smith, Brandon

LB Garuccio, White

Transfers Out: Doyle, Zlamal, Damour

Think we'll replace Uche and Wighton,and if Hickey leaves we will sign a new LB.

Also we will sign a quality CM,the boy Ahkmatov may sign but more of a punt.

Is Washington defo leaving? One of the rags said terms agreed but fee not. Just seems to have dragged on a bit. Definitely want some money for him 

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Can’t give name but he’s Scottish nothing of much excitement will just be a much cheaper back up 

Anything other than Doyle and Zlamal is exciting.  I'll be over the moon when they leave.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Think we'll replace Uche and Wighton,and if Hickey leaves we will sign a new LB.

Also we will sign a quality CM,the boy Ahkmatov may sign but more of a punt.

I'd probably agree with that. Still a lot of business to do I think. 

If we're looking at another LB, I'd suspect either White or Garuccio will go. 

Also question marks around M. Smith and Lee

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Is Washington defo leaving? One of the rags said terms agreed but fee not. Just seems to have dragged on a bit. Definitely want some money for him 

Think he was def off to Charlton, then their takeover collapsed. If Charlton are interested, I'm sure there will be other clubs interested too. He'll definitely go this summer. 

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Really?  I heard the Stone was getting a bump up as soon as we moved on Zlamal ans/or Doyle.

Thats encouraging. Its important that we try and open pathways into the first team for our youngsters. I'm concerned we're going to go for short term fixes which are then fixed by more short termism. Youth development is tricky, but if we stick with it and keep investing in it - bringing the right coaches in etc. we'll be in a really good place a few years from now. I want us to be competing at the top end of the table with a squad of mostly academy graduates. But, its a marathon not a sprint so continued progress on the youth front is welcome news. 

At our level, youth development gives us access to players we'd otherwise not be able to afford, with the trade off being that physically and in terms of experience they are lacking, but in the case of Hickey its very much down to the individual. The level of maturity Hickey has shown on the field has been incredible. I think outwith his silly red against Aberdeen he's been as solid as a seasoned professional. The youngsters have the potential to be lightyears ahead of what we could otherwise afford in the form of an experienced pro. It seems the smart way to go, rather than try and hunt for guys like Amankwaa in the hope you're finally the club where it all clicks. 

Encouraging news with Stone. I hope if we're having a good campaign Robbie gives Stone a game or two. Could do wonders for his confidence. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Ryan Scully

Ross Stewart

Jack Ruddy 

All free agents, would take either one of them. 

Jamie McDonald? 

1 minute ago, jimbojambo said:

Jamie McDonald? 

Signed for Raith Rovers 3 weeks ago.

Edited by Mikey1874

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd probably agree with that. Still a lot of business to do I think. 

If we're looking at another LB, I'd suspect either White or Garuccio will go. 

Also question marks around M. Smith and Lee

I would like garuccio to stay. I liked his style, needs to be sharper defensively but solid goigg forward. 

Rick Sanchez

Aidy White is probably the better player but can he last a season without injury? He done alright last season when he was eventually fit, other than a couple of burst noses.

Garrucio had the one bad injury...I would probably get rid of the highest earner tbh. What's the thoughts on Leo Watson's capability as backup?

And it would be good to see an end to the injury experiments.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, indianajones said:

As much as it would be hilarious to do Celtic out of money, we should not exploit this unless it's been exploited successfully before. 

Sell on fees are contractual agreements. Don't fancy another trip to the courts so soon after being shafted. 

Celtic are in the papers about a loan-to-buy deal for a West Ham player.

2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Morrison. didnt rate him but at the same time thought he could maybe do well next season at the lower level. all the best to him, just didnt quite cut it.

Just another winger whose final ball was garbage. Dunno how wingers that cannot cross or shoot ever make it past youth football TBH...

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I remember watching Robbie's rebuild for our last Championship stint and thinking that it looked logical, strategic, and well thought out to improve us and add experience in key areas. So far this looks along similar lines, immediately addressing GK and a powerful winger with SPFL experience.

Good points. Neilson seems to take a joined up approach to signings, where latterly under Levein it seemed very scattergun ultimately leaving us short on quality wide and in midfield and with too many strikers and goalies. After the Championship it became a bit more scattergun as we went for projects and signed some players often just because they "became available" not necessarily because we needed them. Neilson might be one of these managers, like Levein and JJ, who is better at working with a tight budget and to a focused signing strategy.

Guest ToqueJambo
37 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Possible 22 man squad? 

GK Gordon, New GK

RB M. Smith, Brandon

LB Garuccio, White

Immediately starting to look more balanced with a good spine (if that spine stays fit). I wouldn't loan out those 4 young players though. This is the perfect time to try to get them to kick on.

I’m liking RNs signings and how he’s going about it.

Levein was like he was operating the lottery draw. 

regarding Morrison I’m a bit sad because he was exciting at times but just so inconsistent. Not alone in that department though. I’d think he was a bit above Falkirk though

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Immediately starting to look more balanced with a good spine (if that spine stays fit). I wouldn't loan out those 4 young players though. This is the perfect time to try to get them to kick on.

No point in them staying here if they aren't going to play 🤷

25 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

I would like garuccio to stay. I liked his style, needs to be sharper defensively but solid goigg forward. 

Yeah, he's decent. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Is this Akhmatov guy actually on trial or is it just JKB ITK pish? 

Defo in Edinburgh. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Is this Akhmatov guy actually on trial or is it just JKB ITK pish? 

He posted on Instagram yesterday and he was in Edinburgh 

Clerry Jambo
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

I’m liking RNs signings and how he’s going about it.

Levein was like he was operating the lottery draw. 

regarding Morrison I’m a bit sad because he was exciting at times but just so inconsistent. Not alone in that department though. I’d think he was a bit above Falkirk though

I think most of us would have been quite impressed with the lad when he first got a run but like many others just couldn’t find any consistency 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I would like to see a DM come in as I can't see Haring playing much if at all.

If not, Damour is supposed to be a DM (I know, I know but I don't see how we can sign another without letting him go) and Halkett could also play there, Smith too. If there are concerns around Chris Hamilton's height, maybe he could play DM? 

52 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Possible 22 man squad? 

GK Gordon, New GK

RB M. Smith, Brandon

LB Garuccio, White

I'd keep those loanees. 4 XMs isn't a lot, really, especially if we play with 3 in there sometimes. I think/hope CSmith has a breakout season.

I think McD has something to offer too. Cochrane and Henderson I'm not sure. Normal season you'd say loan til Jan but that seems pointless

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'd keep those loanees. 4 XMs isn't a lot, really, especially if we play with 3 in there sometimes. I think/hope CSmith has a breakout season.

I think McD has something to offer too. Cochrane and Henderson I'm not sure. Normal season you'd say loan til Jan but that seems pointless

It’s tricky. Some of the young guys clearly need to be playing regular football. Some will get games time and some not so much. First priority is making sure we have enough players though so better to err on the safe side I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah, i think it depends on whether we play 3 or 2 man Central mid and who's still to leave and come in. I agree that it would be better for us and them if we could find a space for them but f not, they have to play 30 games a season seeing they are all approaching first team age. 

I'm sure Robbie has it all planned out. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s tricky. Some of the young guys clearly need to be playing regular football. Some will get games time and some not so much. First priority is making sure we have enough players though so better to err on the safe side I suppose. 

Yeah. It is a reduced season. We should send all our laddies to Inverness, make sure they finish 2nd. I'd imagine if any are loaned out, they would go to Championship clubs. 

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Nowadays Naismith plays more in midfield than as an out and out forward.  If Washington leaves we need another forward. Hopefully Wighton will prove the doubters wrong but either way I hope we are looking at young strking propects as back up.

I actually dont think we will sign this akhmatov guy, if we do i dont think it will be with the expectation of first team (if he does well bonus)

Do we not have some link up with the US now. Seems to remeber some youth teams competing at riccarton and reading about something around time we signed kevin silva?? 

1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

I actually dont think we will sign this akhmatov guy, if we do i dont think it will be with the expectation of first team (if he does well bonus)

Do we not have some link up with the US now. Seems to remeber some youth teams competing at riccarton and reading about something around time we signed kevin silva?? 

This boy thats over the now is 24 I think so would be 1st team squad. Whether he is good or not🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, gov said:

This boy thats over the now is 24 I think so would be 1st team squad. Whether he is good or not🤷‍♂️

So was kevin silva in his 20s from usa college leagues. Is it not maybe more about keeping up good relations and if they turn out half decent its a bonus?

Leveins Battalion

I would genuinely punt Uche and Wighton and sign Hemmings and .........Jason Cummings.:gok:

Noise up Dundee and Hibs.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What you thinking?

1 of Doyle/Zlamal or BOTH?

White or Garrucio?

Hickey (Seems inevitable)

Damour

Henderson Moore on Loan?

Wighton

Washington

Uche?

I'm delighted with who has been shippped out so far,the fact that i never have to watch Perreira and

Avdijaj in a Hearts strip again makes me moist.

I think you’ve got it covered with that list, Henderson and Moore really need to make an impression in this league or what’s the point. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I really wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on finding any good players from over there, GKs maybe as they’re more used to using their hands than feet. 

Rick Sanchez

You would think with the way the world is just now that we'd be pretty serious about signing Akhmatov. He might turn out to be garbage on his trial but I don't think it's just to keep relations going.

What's the latest with that Scandinavian winger that Robbie fancied at Utd?

11 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Nowadays Naismith plays more in midfield than as an out and out forward.  If Washington leaves we need another forward. Hopefully Wighton will prove the doubters wrong but either way I hope we are looking at young strking propects as back up.

I'd change that personally. Naismith is at his best up top imo

18 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

So was kevin silva in his 20s from usa college leagues. Is it not maybe more about keeping up good relations and if they turn out half decent its a bonus?

Silva was 19 when we signed him. I belive he was still studying at HW Uni while he was here but his footballing development obviously didn't go as planned and he's moved to Toronto, now 22. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Think he was def off to Charlton, then their takeover collapsed. If Charlton are interested, I'm sure there will be other clubs interested too. He'll definitely go this summer. 

I thought Charlton had a transfer embargo imposed when the takeover collapsed (or before). Not sure if that is still the case.

32 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Totally agree. He was immense as a #9 against his when we had injuries. Any other game he was just meh when played deeper

35 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You would think with the way the world is just now that we'd be pretty serious about signing Akhmatov. He might turn out to be garbage on his trial but I don't think it's just to keep relations going.

What's the latest with that Scandinavian winger that Robbie fancied at Utd?

Niskanen. Looked decent but seeing we've signed Roberts, it seems unlikely. 

35 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Naismith and Boyce up front is how it has to be imo.