Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yup. Good player and a really likeable guy.

Claire in a strong, attacking, Hearts team would have been great to watch.

What with all our injuries and shit show management, you feel the kid never had the chance. Always tried, even when his form was crap.

Will watch out for him.

Not many players have left in recent years I've been gutted about. Paterson possibly the last one.

It was Willie Wallace for me. Still hate Septic for that. Have to agree on Paterson though.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Tin hat on. Assuming Hickey goes would anyone take Bolingoli on loan? Celtic are desperate to get him out the door so might be happy to pay most of his wages. Not sure how many clubs will want to take him.

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Tin hat on. Assuming Hickey goes would anyone take Bolingoli on loan? Celtic are desperate to get him out the door so might be happy to pay most of his wages. Not sure how many clubs will want to take him.

🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Have thought about this.  No.

1 hour ago, drambo said:

I had an even more difficult season  watching this imposter. He needs a reality check. 

Thanks ... that made me laugh

28 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Nah. I'd rather just have Garuccio at left back instead of spending money on a replacement we don't need urgently. White will do as backup if he's staying (nothing to suggest he isn't). If he's leaving then we'd need to get someone in, and in that case I'd look at maybe loaning someone in from down south. Man Utd owe us for The Hologram so maybe they'd be up for loaning us a LB from their Academy/Reserves. 

Edited by Batistuta87

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A lot of people from Ann Budge to Loic Damour and all in between seem to be getting 'clean slates'. I know I harp on about this but how does everyone get off so Scot free? We are in a 27 game Championship next season, pre qualifying for a diddy cup watching other teams on Sky as we scratch our balls. How on Earth are people not giving a ****?

I want ***** like Damour shining boots for the lassies team till he sees out his contract. I want Budge forced out. The club stinks at the core. How are we suddenly expecting things to be different. 6 years in and apart from a shiney stand in a soulless stadium everything has gone to shit. We are the whipping boys on our own patch and we spunk away more money than Michael Jackson on a shopping spree.

I agree with you on many points there. It should not be forgotten how we got where we are. Putting Doncaster and the SPFL corruption to one side, it would not have mattered if we had not been bottom in the first place and that is ultimately the fault of the entire board of directors. This should not be forgotten. Do we think that those responsible for getting us into  this mess, costing us millions, can get us out. If results don't go to plan and we are again struggling who on that board will step up and take some action. They didn't last season. I would hope some new individuals will seek election this year, LD and JJ being two. You just need to look at how both the FOH and Club boards are set up. With the exception of Garry Halliday, they are either financial or legal, not an experienced football person amongst them. The balance just isn't right.  

To put it simply, we can't get rid of Damoour, no one will take him.

Neilson just giving it the usual media soundbites.

26 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I think it's safe to say we'll be fairly low down the list of teams Neil Lennons' Celtic want to loan players to.

11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Thanks for that update. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one to have failed to keep track!

I'm pretty sure that there'll be further changes prior to our season starting (if it ever does courtesy of the antics by the Aberdeen 8, Griffiths, and Bolingoli ... and the next numptie to make a 'genuine error') but, I have to say, with the squad you've quoted I'd be tempted to place a bet on going the season unbeaten; and I NEVER bet! Every other club we'll be up against would look at that prospective line-up as a fantasy.

Absolutely. We definitely have the squad capable of winning the league and putting together some cup runs if we can get them playing and keep the important players fit. 

I like the way Robbie is going about his business at the moment. Targeting specific positions and making sure we get rid of some of the deadwood.

Ainsley Harriott
50 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You never know with Damour. The championship may help him get some confidence, and playing well at that level might help him get some momentum back in to his career. Hearts will be dominating every game so it will suit him. If he does leave I don’t think any jambos would shed a tear but if he stays, then let’s be optimistic he can play his part in getting us promoted. That’s all that matters at the end of the day for this season. A lot of folk talking about planning for the premiership, for me it’s all about getting promotion there is only one aim for this squad and this manager and any players, promotion. Achieve that aim in style, get a fit confident squad, then the premiership will take care of itself. Can damour play a part in that? As long as Neilson gets the man management right, yes he can.

Agree with this but just hope our fans arent on his back from the minute they get back in the stadium. I think we have a support that have ruined many a players confidence once they decide who the scapegoat is for anything that goes wrong.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I am not writing Loic off either.  The boys played at a decent level and maybe just maybe his form will return along with his confidence.

Funnier things have happened in football . This time next year we might all be praying he signs a new contract .

I agree on the one hand this is good man management - if we can’t get rid then we may have to and possible should use him

If Doic screws the nut he could walk the Championship - a kind of better quality Gomis.

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just because Robbie is talking him up, doesn't mean he wont be away by the start of the season.

Also agree with this - I am sure we (and he) are trying to get a move.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree on the one hand this is good man management - if we can’t get rid then we may have to and possible should use him

If Doic screws the nut he could walk the Championship - a kind of better quality Gomis.

Also agree with this - I am sure we (and he) are trying to get a move.

Yeah, he did only say he would be given a chance "during pre-season"... Totally different to what he said about Olly Lee, who he said was in his plans. Sounds to me like he's not really made up his mind but is leaning towards moving him on unless he shows a significant improvement in the coming weeks. 

31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think it's safe to say we'll be fairly low down the list of teams Neil Lennons' Celtic want to loan players to.

And apart from that, he's shite.

1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

You're a bit of a drama queen, aren't you!!

Maybe I8 wants his slate wiped clean as well. It’s absolute nonsense to say the club  is rotten to the core. That’s Hobo talk.

10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah, he did only say he would be given a chance "during pre-season"... Totally different to what he said about Olly Lee, who he said was in his plans. Sounds to me like he's not really made up his mind but is leaning towards moving him on unless he shows a significant improvement in the coming weeks. 

Don't think he will come out and say he is hopeless and we won't use him. Never know what might happen down the line with injuries and suspensions. If he comes out and says he wants him out the door then needs to play him Damour might try even less than normal.

Morgaro Gomis

Hemmings signs for Burton.

Doubt we even looked at him but that’s another that was discussed on here that we definitely will not be signing. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

A lot of people from Ann Budge to Loic Damour and all in between seem to be getting 'clean slates'. I know I harp on about this but how does everyone get off so Scot free? We are in a 27 game Championship next season, pre qualifying for a diddy cup watching other teams on Sky as we scratch our balls. How on Earth are people not giving a ****?

I want ***** like Damour shining boots for the lassies team till he sees out his contract. I want Budge forced out. The club stinks at the core. How are we suddenly expecting things to be different. 6 years in and apart from a shiney stand in a soulless stadium everything has gone to shit. We are the whipping boys on our own patch and we spunk away more money than Michael Jackson on a shopping spree.

Basically you would rather look back than forwards, and to blame and punish at a time when the most important thing is to ensure we get out of the Championship right away, so the damage is not exacerbated. 

Hectormasson
5 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Hemmings signs for Burton.

Doubt we even looked at him but that’s another that was discussed on here that we definitely will not be signing. 

If hemming signs for burton' he wouldn't have been good enough for hearts , im sure we have to set our standards a bit higher than burton targets ?      Even though we're in  a lower  league set up, we've still got a couple to bring in imo, lets just wait and see  there's a while to go yet ' if ever our season gets a go ahead ?

Morgaro Gomis
2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

If hemming signs for burton' he wouldn't have been good enough for hearts , im sure we have to set our standards a bit higher than burton targets ?      Even though we're in  a lower  league set up, we've still got a couple to bring in imo, lets just wait and see  there's a while to go yet ' if ever our season gets a go ahead ?

He would have been a good/cheap back up option to Boyce for the league we are in.

In the grand scheme of things I’d agree we should set our targets higher but we also have to be realistic that not many players will fancy playing in the second tier of Scotland, particularly a shortened version. 

I’d be looking to make minimal signings this year, mostly on 1 year with option deals and try and do the proper rebuild when we get promoted. 

Neilson will know far far better than me though, so will just have to see how everything plays out.

Leveins Battalion

Hemmings would've been an upgrade on Wighton and Uche.

Hopefully JJ is giving Zlamal,White,Damour and they pair the:getout:Chat.

Got a feeling someone is incoming today. Hearts Instagram account is at Tynecastle and no sign of Robbie in any training clips. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I'm hoping for a completely different mentality next season. Levein being at the club was a massive issue, he was a very divisive person and if you didn't get on with you I can imagine it wasn't a place you wanted to be. Neilson had great team spirit first time round and I expect the same again. Even as a player, even though he was no world beater a massive part of the reason he played so much was his leadership and influence on other players. 

As for Doyle, glad he is away although hold nothing against him personally. Apart from his gaff at Motherwell and a few flaps here and there he wasn't the worst. Certainly seen worse keepers at Hearts in my time including the boy last season that got us relegated. 

Spot on 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nah. I'd rather just have Garuccio at left back instead of spending money on a replacement we don't need urgently. White will do as backup if he's staying (nothing to suggest he isn't). If he's leaving then we'd need to get someone in, and in that case I'd look at maybe loaning someone in from down south. Man Utd owe us for The Hologram so maybe they'd be up for loaning us a LB from their Academy/Reserves. 

No more donkeys from Man Utd, that’s three now, 2 from Man City and 2 average from Liverpool too. Jimmy Dunne has been the only successful loan we’ve had from the EPL. 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Got a feeling someone is incoming today. Hearts Instagram account is at Tynecastle and no sign of Robbie in any training clips. 

The Hearts Instagram does like a nice Tynecastle panorama though, it's the go to shot when not much is happening it seems. So I'm not confident, anyway no ITKers say anyone's signing. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think a quick look through the social media videos of training so far would see Damour dragging his heels on every drill. 

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I'm hoping for a completely different mentality next season. Levein being at the club was a massive issue, he was a very divisive person and if you didn't get on with you I can imagine it wasn't a place you wanted to be. Neilson had great team spirit first time round and I expect the same again. Even as a player, even though he was no world beater a massive part of the reason he played so much was his leadership and influence on other players. 

As for Doyle, glad he is away although hold nothing against him personally. Apart from his gaff at Motherwell and a few flaps here and there he wasn't the worst. Certainly seen worse keepers at Hearts in my time including the boy last season that got us relegated. 

The damage caused by Levein carried on after he was sacked, but was still hanging about the club with AMc. That was another massive mistake by our board. All ties should have been cut even if it cast us money, because the result is it has cost us a hell of a lot more. For DS and the players it must have had an impact on the atmosphere around the club.

4 minutes ago, David Black said:

The damage caused by Levein carried on after he was sacked, but was still hanging about the club with AMc. That was another massive mistake by our board. All ties should have been cut even if it cast us money, because the result is it has cost us a hell of a lot more. For DS and the players it must have had an impact on the atmosphere around the club.

No doubt about it, when he was sacked as manager it should have been sacked from the entire club. Same goes for McPhee. It surely impacted on what DS was trying to do at the club.

Seymour M Hersh
59 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'm not convinced he would. The times I saw him last year on TV he looked rank rotten. Like for like would be more accurate imo. 

2 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

I’d imagine Celtic will terminate Bolingoli and then offer us a derisory amount for Hickey. Likely that he will go for it as well. He will only be competing with Taylor for the left back spot now and he could also challenge their centre-backs to play in there very soon. 

2 hours ago, David Black said:

I agree with you on many points there. It should not be forgotten how we got where we are. Putting Doncaster and the SPFL corruption to one side, it would not have mattered if we had not been bottom in the first place and that is ultimately the fault of the entire board of directors. This should not be forgotten. Do we think that those responsible for getting us into  this mess, costing us millions, can get us out. If results don't go to plan and we are again struggling who on that board will step up and take some action. They didn't last season. I would hope some new individuals will seek election this year, LD and JJ being two. You just need to look at how both the FOH and Club boards are set up. With the exception of Garry Halliday, they are either financial or legal, not an experienced football person amongst them. The balance just isn't right.  

Excuse my ignorance and this is a genuine question - what is Garry Halliday’s  background in football? 

jamboinglasgow
34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

As @rudi must stay said, when the weather is good they like doing a panorama of Tynecastle, but you never know.

On a side note, they also show video of Haring, and I am pretty sure the problem we were having before with him is that he would come back doing running feeling fine then when he was kicking a football he felt pain. Well the video shows him kicking the ball around so hopefully that is a good sign.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I believe John Murray and and JJ are full-time on off-loading players. Hiring decisions all being made by Robbie and his lieutenants. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I believe John Murray and and JJ are full-time on off-loading players. Hiring decisions all being made by Robbie and his lieutenants. 

Good to hear!

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Basically you would rather look back than forwards, and to blame and punish at a time when the most important thing is to ensure we get out of the Championship right away, so the damage is not exacerbated. 

There will be no forward as long as the same conmon denoninator is there 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Bit like this forum, as long as you are here. 

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

To put it simply, we can't get rid of Damoour, no one will take him.

Neilson just giving it the usual media soundbites.

How do you know that?

Robbie can defo get a tune out of Damour but ultimately it is up to Loic whether he has the right mentality to win a place in the team. The boys not as bad as folk make out. He was absolutely different class v Hibs at Easter Road and v Rangers at Tynie, so we know he has it in him. 

Surely living in Edinburgh on 4.5k a week or whatever he gets. Training in top class facilities and playing for a decent club v inferior opponents next season can't be all the bad for the guy. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Excuse my ignorance and this is a genuine question - what is Garry Halliday’s  background in football? 

I should have clarified a bit better. Garry Halliday has a building company. He has no football background as such but the point I was trying to make is that he is the only one who is neither legal or finance. A better balance is all that I am saying is what is required including someone who has an insight as to how a football club should be run. AB has admitted she has/had no knowledge and neither had any of the rest . 

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Aye, okay.

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Robbie can defo get a tune out of Damour but ultimately it is up to Loic whether he has the right mentality to win a place in the team. The boys not as bad as folk make out. He was absolutely different class v Hibs at Easter Road and v Rangers at Tynie, so we know he has it in him. 

Surely living in Edinburgh on 4.5k a week or whatever he gets. Training in top class facilities and playing for a decent club v inferior opponents next season can't be all the bad for the guy. 

I think what happens with Damour could also depend on what our proposed formation will be.

For example in a 442 if he were to be asked to be the creative or box to box central midfielder I don't think that plays to his strengths.

But, if we were to play 4231 with Damour and (if fit) Haring sitting to be combatitive, break up play and with the task of protecting and then allowing the full backs to push on and give the front 4 a bigger freedom to go and constantly attack (say 2 wingers and Naismith in behind Boyce - he could join him at times to make 2 in the box) then I think it could be a different story.

A reoccurring theme in recent years is either we ask players to do jobs that IMO they arent good at doing, or play them in positions they arent good at or in formations they dont seem comfortable playing.

Overall we need to either pick a formation to suit the players we have and make sure we put people in correct positions with jobs they are capable of, or, we pick a formation and we then have to succeed in offloading those who do not fit and get players in who do.

This applies to Berra too IMO. Maybe in a back 3 would be ok or a deep lying back 4 but if we expect to be dominating play and press with a high back 4 then absolutely not.

Strategy and formations should have have a huge impact on who stays and goes.

rudi must stay
38 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

As @rudi must stay said, when the weather is good they like doing a panorama of Tynecastle, but you never know.

On a side note, they also show video of Haring, and I am pretty sure the problem we were having before with him is that he would come back doing running feeling fine then when he was kicking a football he felt pain. Well the video shows him kicking the ball around so hopefully that is a good sign.

Hope he's not forgotten all he knows. All very being pain free but we need him making good decisions 

24 minutes ago, David Black said:

I should have clarified a bit better. Garry Halliday has a building company. He has no football background as such but the point I was trying to make is that he is the only one who is neither legal or finance. A better balance is all that I am saying is what is required including someone who has an insight as to how a football club should be run. AB has admitted she has/had no knowledge and neither had any of the rest . 

Cheers, your post read as though he had football knowledge which I didn’t think was the case but could have been mistaken. 

All rumours, some sources decent others not so ; 

offer made to Frear

keeper coming in this week

kingsley rejected our initial offer, second improved offer made 

trying to offload and replace many more than he is saying 

Time will tell

3 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

It was Willie Wallace for me. Still hate Septic for that. Have to agree on Paterson though.

You’re as old as me

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

No more donkeys from Man Utd, that’s three now, 2 from Man City and 2 average from Liverpool too. Jimmy Dunne has been the only successful loan we’ve had from the EPL. 

my memory is getting goosed, who else from Utd & City, I take it your not including Michael Stewart.

Piererra, Mitchell, Stewart(??)

Smith-Brown

Randall, Ngoo

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hibs bidding 200k for Ross McCrorie from Rangers. We should be involved in that imo, would be a good signing. 

Folks obsession with Hibs on here is mental.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

my memory is getting goosed, who else from Utd & City, I take it your not including Michael Stewart.

Piererra, Mitchell, Stewart(??)

Smith-Brown

Randall, Ngoo

ryo meschino from city