Craig Gordon signs for Hearts (title updated)

Back to 2005

6 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Professional football players 'support' whoever pays their wages at the time.   

Money of morals then and was hardly skint when deciding to join a club that support used to abuse and chuck things at him for five years and now is a fabric in their recent history. Even now he’s still kicking about waiting for an offer to stay with them as a sub. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• jack D and coke

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

I’ve spoken to Craig Gordon a few times over the years! The Fact is ,he’s a massive jambo. He Chose to play at the highest level ,with the huge earnings.. We all would. Anyone says different is a liar

Edited by Bighenry

Some absolute rockets on here doubting Craig Gordon is good enough or committed enough. 

An international class keeper who Chelsea wanted about  2 years ago(albeit as a backup) 

And he is not good enough for us as he celebrated saving a penalty (his job) or good enough to play in the frikken championship as he is not great at crosses (ffs) 
Add in the fact he would be the perfect mentor to the most promising young keeper in Scotland and it makes doubting him even more of a nonsense.

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

Some absolute rockets on here doubting Craig Gordon is good enough or committed enough. 

An international class keeper who Chelsea wanted about  2 years ago(albeit as a backup) 

And he is not good enough for us as he celebrated saving a penalty (his job) or good enough to play in the frikken championship as he is not great at crosses (ffs) 
Add in the fact he would be the perfect mentor to the most promising young keeper in Scotland and it makes doubting him even more of a nonsense.

Where is this commitment you speak of?  

7 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

I’ve spoken to Craig Gordon a few times over the years! The Fact is ,he’s a massive jambo. He Chose to play at the highest level ,with the huge earnings.. We all would. Anyone says different is a liar

I can safely say I wouldn’t play for terrorist loving scumbags for five years and lap their support up for anything.  

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

I can safely say I wouldn’t play for terrorist loving scumbags for five years and lap their support up for anything.  

This.

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Money of morals then and was hardly skint when deciding to join a club that support used to abuse and chuck things at him for five years and now is a fabric in their recent history. Even now he’s still kicking about waiting for an offer to stay with them as a sub. 

Professional football players tend to go where the money is. Morals do not really come into it. Professional players tend to go where they can make the most money in the shortest time and hopefully win silverware.  Pro's  tend to have relatively short careers compared to us mere mortals, so grab the moolah whilst they can..    How often have fans abused players in other teams, but would have them in their own team in an instant.  Scott Broon and Neil Lennon are obvious exceptions!!

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Good for you. Would you play for Rangers?

Just now, DS98 said:

Why can’t anyone have an opinion about playing for Celtic without bringing up Rangers.  

If I was Craig Gordon I wouldn’t have played for any of them.  Rangers have been shite the past five years and he could have done better professionally and morally than both 👍

3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Professional football players tend to go where the money is. Morals do not really come into it. Professional players tend to go where they can make the most money in the shortest time and hopefully win silverware.  Pro's  tend to have relatively short careers compared to us mere mortals, so grab the moolah whilst they can..    How often have fans abused players in other teams, but would have them in their own team in an instant.  Scott Broon and Neil Lennon are obvious exceptions!!

There’s other teams and there’s Irish Celtic.  Scummiest fans to ever sit in the Roseburn end at Tynie.   I would play for any other team apart from them.   At least if it was Hibs I would have the underline belief that they are shite and bitter and I support a bigger and better team and kind of doing them a favour in some ****ed logic way.  Celtic, best fans in the world IRA lovers and they absolutely despise us, I could never stomach it let alone ever clap the ***** :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why can’t anyone have an opinion about playing for Celtic without bringing up Rangers.  

If I was Craig Gordon I wouldn’t have played for any of them.  Rangers have been shite the past five years and he could have done better professionally and morally than both 👍

Because it’s relevant. There are a lot of people on here with a massive hatred of Celtic, but who have, shall we say, a bit of a soft spot for Sevco.

Edit: and having seen your latest post, no need to ask which group you fall into.

Edited by Doc Rob

So basically we shouldn’t sign any players who support or have played for terrorist loving Celtic......

The level of rocketry on JKB increases by the hour.

Jamstomorrow

There’s other teams and there’s Irish Celtic.  Scummiest fans to ever sit in the Roseburn end at Tynie.   I would play for any other team apart from them.   At least if it was Hibs I would have the underline belief that they are shite and bitter and I support a bigger and better team and kind of doing them a favour in some ****ed logic way.  Celtic, best fans in the world IRA lovers and they absolutely despise us, I could never stomach it let alone ever clap the ***** :lol: 

Are you a professional football player?

Just now, Doc Rob said:

Because it’s relevant. There are a lot of people on here with a massive hatred of Celtic, but who have, shall we say, a bit of a soft spot for Sevco.

Okay.  Well I’ve been accused of supporting them both weirdly.  I’ve a massive hate of Celtic yes, more their support although I didn’t publicise it when pressed before because it was irrelevant in the context of some arse saying I was a Tim.  When it comes to the opinion of playing for them though I describe why I couldn’t.  I have no like of anything Hun either but there’s no hate there.  I hate everything Celtic fc stand for including proclaiming the freedom fighter shite.  

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So basically we shouldn’t sign any players who support or have played for terrorist loving Celtic......

The level of rocketry on JKB increases by the hour.

Who said that?  Everyone’s a rocket that has a difference of opinion you seem to say.

Who has said at all we should never sign anyone who played for Celtic? I love Craig Beattie and Baggio and even more so JC.  

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Well done in dodging the question. Celtic and Rangers are equally scum. The fact you can’t bring yourself to say that says it all.

And I’d have played for either and kiss the badge every game for £20k a week!

3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Are you a professional football player?

Are you saying that unless you are a professional football player you are not allowed an opinion?  No I’m a normal human being with no thoughts of celebrating terrorist organisations or joining such kind of establishment regardless of the money.   I’m sure I wouldn’t become a website publisher for the Real IRA if they offered me more money and plaudits than my current employer either :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Well done in dodging the question. Celtic and Rangers are equally scum. The fact you can’t bring yourself to say that says it all.

And I’d have played for either and kiss the badge every game for £20k a week!

They aren’t equally as scum though.   One is a lot higher scum than the other. 

That’s up to you.  Craig Gordon was a millionaire before he took the Celtic job too mind you just for some context.  He wasn’t plucked from ardmillan terrace on his way home from working in Tesco. 

Jamstomorrow

What I mean is that if you are not a pro footballer,  so you are not playing for any pro team.  So your claims of who you would and wouldn't play for are moot.   

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

What I mean is that if you are not a pro footballer,  so you are not playing for any pro team.  So your claims of who you would and wouldn't play for are moot.   

Oh well close the thread down and scrap opinions then shall we?  

Jamstomorrow
Just now, Last Laff said:

No.  Just the parts that state what you would and would't play for as it is irrelevant, owing to you not being a professional football player.   

Recent history proves Craig Gordon signing for Celtic was a great career move.

Now let's hope his next move is to us and is highly successful too.

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

No.  Just the parts that state what you would and would't play for as it is irrelevant, owing to you not being a professional football player.   

Okay then.  You would play and clap the Celtic fans I wouldn’t. It’s all good. 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Recent history proves Craig Gordon signing for Celtic was a great career move.

Now let's hope his next move is to us and is highly successful too.

It was tbf.  

If we want to become Celtics sloppy seconds then I agree I hope it’s successful too.  

Jamstomorrow

Now I certainly wouldn't . . . . .  as I am not a professional footballer either.

Guest ToqueJambo

Somewhere in a parallel universe Celtic fans on a Celtic forum are ripping into their prolific No. 9 Last Laff who refuses to acknowledge the fans who pay his salary.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Somewhere in a parallel universe Celtic fans on a Celtic forum are ripping into their prolific No. 9 Last Laff who refuses to acknowledge the fans who pay his salary.

Lav it :lol: the rage would inspire me. 

33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I'd pretty much do anything for a million quid a year tbh. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It was tbf.  

If we want to become Celtics sloppy seconds then I agree I hope it’s successful too.  

Aaron Hickey, John Colquhoun, Brian Whittaker, Roddy MacDonald, Stevie Fulton, Stephane Mahe, Craig Beattie, Mo Johnston and Jimmy Bone are all like "Huh?"

Edited by ToqueJambo

42 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

Speak for yourself my friend.  I would never find myself in the employment of Rangers, Celtic or hibs and I'm certain I'm not alone.  Each to his own.

Just now, Cruyff said:

It depends if you could get similar wages elsewhere though.  Gordon wasn’t going to be homeless and hungry had he not signed extended contracts with Celtic though sure after he used them to re establish himself he could have got a great amount of cash elsewhere also. 

Jamstomorrow

Lav it :lol: the rage would inspire me. 

No you wouldn't Mr Laff, as you would not have signed for them in the first place.   Lol.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I'd thump the piece of cloth in the form of a Celtic badge all they want for that money, then go home and snuggle up in my Hearts jammies.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

John Colquhoun, Brian Whittaker, Roddy MacDonald, Stevie Fulton, Stephane Mahe, Craig Beattie, Mo Johnston and Jimmy Bone are all like "Huh?"

In what relation is that to waiting for a player to sign an offer of contract for us when he’s  still kicking about waiting for Celtic to offer another contract when he’s meant to be a Jambo?  Mojo shat in Celtic also.  Beattie hadn’t been there for years.  Baggio and JC we got the best deals by far. 

Edited by Last Laff

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

No you wouldn't Mr Laff, as you would not have signed for them in the first place.   Lol.

Fair point tbh 👍If in that parallel universe they hated me though it would be some relief for being in that position. 

Edited by Last Laff

Guest ToqueJambo

In what relation is that to waiting for a player to sign an offer of contract that’s still kicking about waiting for Celtic to offer another contract when he’s meant to be a Jambo? 

Dunno. just wanted to post a list of all the great (mostly) Hearts servants who played for Celtic before us and weren't wanted by them anymore.

TyphoonJambo

For the record, im not a professional football player, in fact im pretty Tom Kite but I'd turn out for the Barlinnie mass murderers and deviants select XI for 20k a week, shower time could be worrying mind, doesnt make me a mass murderer 

jack D and coke
38 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520730c950a04d6afbf3

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dunno. just wanted to post a list of all the great (mostly) Hearts servants who played for Celtic before us and weren't wanted by them anymore.

Aye fair enough like. 😁

TyphoonJambo
39 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Same sheite, different colour. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd thump the piece of cloth in the form of a Celtic badge all they want for that money, then go home and snuggle up in my Hearts jammies.

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It depends if you could get similar wages elsewhere though.  Gordon wasn’t going to be homeless and hungry had he not signed extended contracts with Celtic though sure after he used them to re establish himself he could have got a great amount of cash elsewhere also. 

Tbh, I don't like the fact he went to Celtic. I'd have chosen Hearts if they offered me 4-6k a week and Celtic offered 20k, especially if i was already loaded. I suppose from Craig's perspective he won a number of trophies and played if the CL, so maybe he was right to sell his soul. 

At the end of the day though, if he's in between the sticks for us, he will do his best for the team and no one will care about him playing for Celtic if he does a job for us. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Tbh, I don't like the fact he went to Celtic. I'd have chosen Hearts if they offered me 4-6k a week and Celtic offered 20k, especially if i was already loaded. I suppose from Craig's perspective he won a number of trophies and played if the CL, so maybe he was right to sell his soul. 

At the end of the day though, if he's in between the sticks for us, he will do his best for the team and no one will care about him playing for Celtic if he does a job for us. 

All true I suppose 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Meanwhile back in the real world real people accept the best job offer that matches their lifestyle requirements. 

Craig Gordon is much better than anyone else we are likely to attract. 

He is a substantial mark up on the shit that has been ****ing up our last couple of years. 

No brainer 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Meanwhile back in the real world real people accept the best job offer that matches their lifestyle requirements. 

Craig Gordon is much better than anyone else we are likely to attract. 

He is a substantial mark up on the shit that has been ****ing up our last couple of years. 

No brainer 

He’s still kicking about waiting for another offer from Celtic to stay in paradise with his Celtic tv presenting wife though when we have offered a contract.

Millions of quid and trophies maybe but sitting on their bench for a few extra £ so he can be there for 10?  If not he will come “home”. Nah **** off. 

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Yep, it was that much of a major deficiency he’s amassed 54 caps, Young player or the year, Player of the year x2, top 10 finishes in the EPL, EPL best ever save, Celtics all time appearance holder for a goalkeeper in Europe and over a dozen winners medals. 

Still got a few years to add to that too, hopefully with us.

Imagine what he could’ve done without these ‘major deficiencies’. . . 

👏👏👏

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

How about... 

Image result for indecent proposal gif at the bar

:rubeyes:

Yep, id push back and reach round as well 😭

As they told us on our, actions after capture course in Gulf 1, "you will be analy raped and you WILL get an erection, doesnt mean your gay" so i guess a million quid gives me the same get out😁

Edited by TypoonJambo

JTJ east whitburn
12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

For the record, im not a professional football player, in fact im pretty Tom Kite but I'd turn out for the Barlinnie mass murderers and deviants select XI for 20k a week, shower time could be worrying mind, doesnt make me a mass murderer 

Fair doos I'm poor at golf too, however turning out for the mass murdering weidge 11 is a stabbing to far, it would have to be the Saughton 11 for me, I take it everyone who is complaining about Craig taking the Celtic £££, isn't married with a couple of bairns, everyone goes where the money is, get a grip, we've moaned over the last two years that our keepers are  ""Tom Kite""  if someone would like to name a world class keeper that's within our budget, I'm all ears

14 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

How about... 

Image result for indecent proposal gif at the bar

:rubeyes:

Yeah, why no. 

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Yep, id push back and reach round as well 😭

:laugh2: