Craig Gordon signs for Hearts (title updated)

Back to 2005

Ricardo Shillyshally

I see none of those with a low post count have replied to my previous message.

Rentokill is required in here. Infested with vermin.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• jack D and coke

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Whatever said:

Didn’t enjoy that today at all.

’We’ this, ‘Us’ that.

I get he’s a professional but he could have used less emotive language if he is indeed on the verge of a return to Hearts.

Not an enjoyable listen.

Was sickening I agree. 
Im a very irrational and petty man when it comes to Celtic though. 
Im probably in the minority but I don’t want Gordon back here. He’s soiled goods imo. 
Do one. 

Arthur Morgan
28 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Was sickening I agree. 
Im a very irrational and petty man when it comes to Celtic though. 
Im probably in the minority but I don’t want Gordon back here. He’s soiled goods imo. 
Do one. 

This.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

This.

Cheers mate. I know I’m an arse on this but I can’t let stuff go with Celtic :lol: 

Theyre utter vermin. From boardroom to terrace. 
Take their pound, play up to them? Don’t come back. 

Edited by jack D and coke

8 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

He’s reflecting on a group he was once part of. He’s hardly going to say “Celtic and I had a great set of results” “Celtic and myself won a treble”. 

That's right. He'd say "Celtic and I won a treble."  At least, I hope so.

9 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll be honest. I don't bother about things like that. There are far more important things in life to get concerned about. Probably showing my age with statements like that. 

Craig speaks fondly about his time with Hearts, with Sunderland, with Celtic (when he was a regular). 

He will be an excellent signing for us and will improve us immensely. He has never forgotten his roots. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

This

Also a contributor to save our Hearts, always a Jambo !!  Other players move to further their career then return, don't see an any issue as long as the player improves the team.  As others say he is a couple of classes above the keepers we have on the books at the moment, so a no-brainer.    if he had been in goal from Xmas we would not be in this shit fest with the SPFL.

13 minutes ago, goader said:

Also a contributor to save our Hearts, always a Jambo !!  Other players move to further their career then return, don't see an any issue as long as the player improves the team.  As others say he is a couple of classes above the keepers we have on the books at the moment, so a no-brainer.    if he had been in goal from Xmas we would not be in this shit fest with the SPFL.

It's more down to him coming back sooner, but then choosing to go to Celtic instead, I'd suggest. He was a board signing by Celtic as well, that doesn't help. Deila didn't know much about him when they signed him. That must be about six years ago now? That's the sort of age where coming back to complete "unfinished business" 😴 would have really helped us out. Now he's diminished a bit more still. At the end of the day he's a lot better than what we have currently, and he used to be a Hearts supporter, so we can't really complain too much. He has a lot more medals than he would have had, had Celtic not lured him away too. He's also made a lot more money, which will help after his divorce. 

tokyowalnut
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It's more down to him coming back sooner, but then choosing to go to Celtic instead, I'd suggest. He was a board signing by Celtic as well, that doesn't help. Deila didn't know much about him when they signed him. That must be about six years ago now? That's the sort of age where coming back to complete "unfinished business" 😴 would have really helped us out. Now he's diminished a bit more still. At the end of the day he's a lot better than what we have currently, and he used to be a Hearts supporter, so we can't really complain too much. He has a lot more medals than he would have had, had Celtic not lured him away too. He's also made a lot more money, which will help after his divorce. 

😄 what has his divorce got to do with anything. Weird comment. 

Leveins Battalion

Personally I would have rather Hearts have went for Daniel Bachman,really impressed on loan at Killie and out of contract,also only 24.

Regal Kingston

Yesterday’s man. Let’s find a new young talent and sell on. 

We need to be careful with older players as they can lose their ability overnight through injury and wear and tear. 

Keep the contracts short with appearance bonuses. 

I wouldn’t like to think he would be a top earner. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Regal Kingston said:

Yesterday’s man. Let’s find a new young talent and sell on. 

We need to be careful with older players as they can lose their ability overnight through injury and wear and tear. 

Keep the contracts short with appearance bonuses. 

I wouldn’t like to think he would be a top earner. 

we have a young talent, Harry stone- Craig Gordon is the perfect goalkeeper for us.. still the best in the country, will be happy being rested now and again to bring through Harry 

31 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

😄 what has his divorce got to do with anything. Weird comment. 

Divorced in 2017, extends Celtic contract 2018. I’d imagine the extra cash helped a fair bit? Or did his ex wife not get anything? Playing for Celtic gets you easy medals and a healthier bank balance. I can see why he chose to hang around the Tinkerdome as long as he did.

Early on in the week, Vancouver_Don on Pie and Bovril was claiming Gordon is signing for us. Apparently his preference was Hearts and he has turned down Derby and St Mirren.

St Mirren are now after Thomas Cerny instead.

CornhillHearts
16 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Early on in the week, Vancouver_Don on Pie and Bovril was claiming Gordon is signing for us. Apparently his preference was Hearts and he has turned down Derby and St Mirren.

St Mirren are now after Thomas Cerny instead.

They signed Jack Alnwick from Rangers last week. Not to say they’re not after Cerny also, but would see a bit unlikely

Jambof3tornado

If Craig does come in is Harry ready to be back up? Craigs had a few injury issues over the years hence the question.

FWIW having heard CG yesterday, he will come to us unless a huge offer comes in wages wise.

Very happy to have him back.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

FWIW having heard CG yesterday, he will come to us unless a huge offer comes in wages wise.

Is that not exactly what happened about six years ago? We were all welcoming him back and it was all but finalised, then the Celtic board signed him.

Bunny Munro

I don't normally like it when this happens, but hope Bobby has the number 1 jersey taken off him for CG.

Would be weird watch Gordon wearing anything else now.

14 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Is that not exactly what happened about six years ago? We were all welcoming him back and it was all but finalised, then the Celtic board signed him.

That was 6 years ago when he was signed to be a number 1 at Celtic. He would be number 2 at best if he stayed with them or went to derby. With us he would be a number 1 which is what he wants

Just now, bazman said:

That was 6 years ago when he was signed to be a number 1 at Celtic. He would be number 2 at best if he stayed with them or went to derby. With us he would be a number 1 which is what he wants

We had him all but choosing a locker six years ago. I’ll be waiting for the scarf above the head this time around.

Weakened Offender
13 hours ago, Whatever said:

Colin Cameron returning from injury was a bigger factor.

Cameron returning was THE factor. That side were going down until he returned. 

joondalupjambo

Does being number one in potentially a Championship side get him his Scotland jersey back and a possible shot at the Euros?   That could be a big aim of his so is Hearts his right choice for him in relation to that probably not given the level he could be playing at.  He has probably chatted to Clarke and had his views on what he expects.

If then one last decent contract and a shot at glory is another of his combined aims then again why Hearts?

If however he has made his money, he is true to himself that he is a Jambo and simply wants to finish his playing career at Tynecastle for emotional reasons he will sign.

I am not sure what he will do but possibly playing in a Euro Championship has to be a big pull.  We will soon know no doubt.

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

This one's cooked and ready for carving.

I await the scarf nonetheless.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Maybe but he's made a tidy sum between then and now. Money unless ludicrous amounts thrown his way are not the main factor in his move.

Ex member of the SaS
14 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I see none of those with a low post count have replied to my previous message.

Rentokill is required in here. Infested with vermin.

Just to be a pedant, other exterminators are available.😁

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Nope mate. That is a jkb myth that gets peddled in every CG thread. He was nowhere near signing 6 years ago. There wasn’t anything more than a causal conversation between Craig and Robbie last time. Celtic were his ONLY option.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Does being number one in potentially a Championship side get him his Scotland jersey back and a possible shot at the Euros?  

Maybe but Black, Shankland, McGinn... the Championship has been proven to not be a barrier to players getting called up. Arguably a known quantity like Gordon playing well in any league would be considered for a callup.

Robbo-Jambo
17 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll be honest. I don't bother about things like that. There are far more important things in life to get concerned about. Probably showing my age with statements like that. 

Craig speaks fondly about his time with Hearts, with Sunderland, with Celtic (when he was a regular). 

He will be an excellent signing for us and will improve us immensely. He has never forgotten his roots. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Spot on.

Scottie Wanshot.
17 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

what do you mean . am still here 

I think he will sign this week. the only thing stopping him is if we go down, we dont start playing till October. I thing he wants to get back in the Scotland team ASAP, and if we dont start playing till October it would hinder his chances of getting in the Scotland team.

underwaterwoodwelder

2 Year deal please with an option for a 1year extension.

Then make him the goal keeping coach after that.

In my opinion it’s a no brainier much much better than the sh!te we’ve had between the sticks in the past few seasons.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

our manager 🤷‍♂️😂

He doesn't start until Wednesday though :whistling:

And would we not wait until the SD is appointed before signing new players to sort out terms etc? Especially if the player is going to have a longer term deal including coaching.

Edited by kila

Greedy Jambo
19 hours ago, fila said:

If he seriously wishes to be playing first time football then sign on the dotted line 

He wants to get back into the Scotland Squad, us playing in the Championship with no confirmed start date could be an issue. 

Let’s be honest here Robbie knows our goalkeeping position has been a clusterfeck for a few years now so anyone is better than what we currently have.

i certainly don’t think either him or a SD would be against this signing 

7 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

He wants to get back into the Scotland Squad, us playing in the Championship with no confirmed start date could be an issue. 

Didn’t hinder shankland 

Greedy Jambo
17 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Didn’t hinder shankland 

Totally different situation.

Shankland was brought in just to give him a taste and get him used to it, he was also scoring goals and playing regularly at the time. 

Craig Gordon will want to fight for the #1 jersey while not even knowing when the championship will start. (assuming we don't get league reconstruction or reinstated)

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Screenshot_20200628-191236_Chrome.jpg

A mere quick thanks to their fans and that was it. Didn't say they were the greatest or anything. Just a 'thanks'.

🤷‍♂️

Looks like a fairly textbook thing.

The key thing from that statement is he wants to play games. At Celtic or championship teams then likely to be a back up!