Craig Gordon signs for Hearts (title updated)

Back to 2005

Paisley Jambo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Takes a pay-cut too. Probably still sat up there with Damour, Naismith & Boyce as the top earners at the club now.

Surely Robbie will show Dapoor the door.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• jack D and coke

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

3 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Surely Robbie will show Dapoor the door.

He's got about 20 Yr left on his contract. Unless someone wants him, it looks like we're stuck with him. Maybe Robbie can get a tune out of him. 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's got about 20 Yr left on his contract. Unless someone wants him, it looks like we're stuck with him. Maybe Robbie can get a tune out of him. 

Get him working behind the counter in the fans bar. He'll soon get the message 

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

:laugh: might be a role for him somewhere 

gashauskis9
7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

He wouldn’t last long.  He’d ****ing drop everything if somebody got near him. 

Just listened to his interview. Really interesting insight into how he responded when Rodgers signed Dorus de Vries. Total determination to learn everything he could from the guy and prove to the manager he could do it to. Brilliant to listen to and I am now 100% behind bringing him back if we can. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
11 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Just listened to his interview. Really interesting insight into how he responded when Rodgers signed Dorus de Vries. Total determination to learn everything he could from the guy and prove to the manager he could do it to. Brilliant to listen to and I am now 100% behind bringing him back if we can. 

I known its unreasonable but hearing him drone on about how wonderful Celtic were made me feel even colder towards him than I already do 

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

That’s exactly the way I heard it too. Think he’ll be at hearts by the end of next week 

Nice one, cheers.

1 minute ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Does anyone know what his fitness level are nowadays? 

Gordon said he's feeling in great shape. 

Scottie Wanshot.

I think Gordon will come back to Hearts as I think Robbie must start building the team from the goalkeeper outwards.

unless he might ??? sign Pereira 🤣

Benny Factor
5 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

I think Gordon will come back to Hearts as I think Robbie must start building the team from the goalkeeper outwards.

unless he might ??? sign Pereira 🤣

Surprised you're still here.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree......it's unreasonable. He has been totally professional at every club he has played for. If I had been good enough to play for Celtic I would be the same. In fact, if Hibs had come calling I'd have been totally.........well maybe not.

I can't wait for his return to the Hearts.

Looks like I will only have to wait a few days too....

👍

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not even allowed to train with Celtic, didn’t give the impression he wanted to. Has been talking to Hearts, pleased with the way discussions have been going and expects to tie things up in the next week or so. Robbie doesn’t start until Thursday so I’d imagine Gordon will be his first signing. 

Heres hoping.

2 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I known its unreasonable but hearing him drone on about how wonderful Celtic were made me feel even colder towards him than I already do 

Didn’t enjoy that today at all.

’We’ this, ‘Us’ that.

I get he’s a professional but he could have used less emotive language if he is indeed on the verge of a return to Hearts.

Not an enjoyable listen.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree......it's unreasonable. He has been totally professional at every club he has played for. If I had been good enough to play for Celtic I would be the same. In fact, if Hibs had come calling I'd have been totally.........well maybe not.

I can't wait for his return to the Hearts.

Looks like I will only have to wait a few days too....

Would you, as a Hearts supporter, refer to Celtic as ‘us’ or ‘we’ once your contract with them had ended?

Me neither.

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Would you, as a Hearts supporter, refer to Celtic as ‘us’ or ‘we’ once your contract with them had ended?

Me neither.

He’s reflecting on a group he was once part of. He’s hardly going to say “Celtic and I had a great set of results” “Celtic and myself won a treble”. 

Just now, Stendelnator said:

He’s reflecting on a group he was once part of. He’s hardly going to say “Celtic and I had a great set of results” “Celtic and myself won a treble”. 

Was expecting this. A lot of the chat was about his time there. As you say, his use of language in that context is understandable. He also spoke about his contract situation, his career moving forward and his priorities and used the language I speak of.

Hope he signs as he’s a far better option than anything we currently have but I didn’t enjoy listening to him today.

It’s just my opinion based on what I heard, mate.

He should hand back all the medals he won imo. Disregard any caps he won when with them and return every penny they gave him. Only then will he be considered for a PHM 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, DS98 said:

He should hand back all the medals he won imo. Disregard any caps he won when with them and return every penny they gave him. Only then will he be considered for a PHM 

:rofl:

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, DS98 said:

Grow up. Noone is saying that

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure folk will get over Gordon's Celtic spell when he's making ridiculous saves for us. 

Correct. Imagine we play Celtic in this farcical Scottish cup final. He’d be so fired up there’s no way they’d be scoring! 

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure folk will get over Gordon's Celtic spell when he's making ridiculous saves for us. 

Spot on Cruyff.👍

As good a signing as any we will make this season.

Welcome home Craig.🇱🇻

Haringshairband
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not the "Ghordon" crowd.

11 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Correct. Imagine we play Celtic in this farcical Scottish cup final. He’d be so fired up there’s no way they’d be scoring! 

Has he played in the Scottish Cup this season? 

9 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Not the "Ghordon" crowd.

True but they're merely a handful. 

48 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Grow up. Noone is saying that

😄😄😄 you're telling folk to grow up when you moan about the way a top class player talks about about a former club. What age are you? Who cares how he talks. He'll still be fully committed to us if he signs.

He can't train with Celtic because of insurance issues regarding spreading the virus mainly, he'd have to be contracted to the club.  I am sure he explained it, that's where I heard it.

I didn't hear him say he was signing for us next week.  Was that at the first time he spoke or later in the program.  Anyway, if he is joining us he must be consigned to have accepted Celtic aren't going to offer a better deal.  We are not his priority choice.

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Didn’t enjoy that today at all.

’We’ this, ‘Us’ that.

I get he’s a professional but he could have used less emotive language if he is indeed on the verge of a return to Hearts.

Not an enjoyable listen.

Get a ****in grip

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Because lots of folk have said that. It’s rife. I can’t read this thread without being confronted with the content in your post.

Good post, m8.

7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Crackin content. Would read again. Cheers.

😄😄😄 even worse response. Honestly man you'll probably be one of the ones that doesn't want Neilson back because he hurt your feelings last time round. Stop being so sensitive and appreciate that someone of the calibre of Gordon wants to join our club.

Transfer window doesn't open till 17 July I believe.  All those leagues playing out aren't in a rush as they can't use signings till next season. With Robbie not starting work till 1 July there is no rush for us.

Ricardo Shillyshally
28 minutes ago, Big Bruno said:

😄😄😄 you're telling folk to grow up when you moan about the way a top class player talks about about a former club. What age are you? Who cares how he talks. He'll still be fully committed to us if he signs.

Its possible to not like how fondly he talks about Celtic and still appreciate that's he's a good goalie who will  undoubtedly improve us.

23 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Because lots of folk have said that. It’s rife. I can’t read this thread without being confronted with the content in your post.

Good post, m8.

but but but big bad Craig said ‘we’ and ‘us’ when referring to a team he played with for 6 years! 😢

HillmanHearts

I'd love him to sign for us but I'd suggest that it is by no means the stick on at that some are suggesting.

You'd think Hearts fans would learn from experience not to count chickens.

I don't have an issue with him referring to "we" when talking about his experiences with the team he was actually playing for. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll be honest. I don't bother about things like that. There are far more important things in life to get concerned about. Probably showing my age with statements like that. 

Craig speaks fondly about his time with Hearts, with Sunderland, with Celtic (when he was a regular). 

He will be an excellent signing for us and will improve us immensely. He has never forgotten his roots. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Footbal is a fickle business. I thought Darren Jackson was a great player for us. Prior to that.......good job J KB wasn't around!

Hectormasson
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Footbal is a fickle business. I thought Darren Jackson was a great player for us. Prior to that.......good job J KB wasn't around!

Darren and mcswegan prob kept us up with some vital performances and goals ?

Ricardo Shillyshally
11 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Indeed. We were terrible and Jackson either scored or assisted in so many goals it kept us up. I used to record the highlights of each game (sometimes it was just the goals on the Monday night news) and in the last 13 games or so DJ wasn involved.

Back on topic CG will be a major upgrade on the last few years.

6 minutes ago, fila said:

If he seriously wishes to be playing first time football then sign on the dotted line 

I'm guessing if Celtic don't get Forster then Gordon could be back to their No1 or have to compete with Bain for it (no contest IMO). In that case it would be on significantly more £££ than he's being offered to be a benchwarmer to Forster.

Makes sense to hold off for a week as there will be more clarity on where Hearts will be too...

39 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Colin Cameron returning from injury was a bigger factor.