Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

ย 

Remember and sing about Ann Budge 'killing our club' whilst waving it about. That always helps. ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Well it certainly helped the last time. ๐Ÿ‘

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King

Iโ€™ve just remembered I know a Hibs ***** who has an illogical hatred of Neilson, canโ€™t wait to wind him up about it ๐Ÿ˜†.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Guessing he is not "Addidas" enough for them?

If folk had only listened to me a year or so ago, all this could have been avoided.ย 
ย 

No adults in tracksuits allowed on the plaza.ย 
ย 

ย 

The Kingslayer

Sensible appointment IMO, knows the Championship (if we're in it) and knows it'sย clubs, grounds, players and managers well.

ย 

Any anger/frustration obv goes back to the 2-2 Hibs game and the Birkinkara game.ย 

ย 

Hibs winning the cup removed that stick that we had used with relish against them for years, and when we played Birkinkara at Tynecastle it was the first time we gathered as fans since the cup final. We were angry andย confused that day, needing someone to blame, the fact that we lost to Birkinkara cemented in many minds that Neilson wasย responsible for what we were feeling, some have never gotten over it.

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

ย 

ย 

No idea. I would rather not give it any air time.

Come on S! Itโ€™s the same crowd. Iโ€™m not long back from removing the posters along Gorgie Road (freshly done). The same Crap from before. Exactly the same posters. Utterly pathetic. Owens was responsible for the posters the last time and itโ€™s the same posters!!!!

6 hours ago, Ratatatatarousset said:

Isn't this Anne budge house?

ย 

Instead of posting a photo on here he was better removing it. Ann had to remove it. Itโ€™s best just ignored.ย Itโ€™s proper cringe materialย 

Craig Herbertson
11 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

ย 

Or, alternatively, she appointed Neilsonย due to the results he delivered during her first 3 seasons at the helm of HMFC. Even if she spoke to Levein, I don't think she would need much advice or convincing, she always had a high opinion ofย Neilson. To me this feels a lot more like the first ever (and possibly only ever)ย 100% Budge appointment,ย she's gone with someone she already knows and trusts. I suspect she'sย probably wantedย him back sinceย he left MK.ย 

ย 

This.

Guest ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, The Kingslayer said:

Sensible appointment IMO, knows the Championship (if we're in it) and knows it'sย clubs, grounds, players and managers well.

ย 

Any anger/frustration obv goes back to the 2-2 Hibs game and the Birkinkara game.ย 

ย 

Hibs winning the cup removed that stick that we had used with relish against them for years, and when we played Birkinkara at Tynecastle it was the first time we gathered as fans since the cup final. We were angry andย confused that day, needing someone to blame, the fact that we lost to Birkinkara cemented in many minds that Neilson wasย responsible for what we were feeling, some have never gotten over it.

ย 

ย 

It's a hedging your bets type appointment IMO,ย which is exactly what we need after 2 or even 3 (looking at Levein's appointment with hindsight) risky hires. Neilson is guaranteed to know how to win the Championship and did very well in the Premiership with us, so wherever we are it's a safe appointment for the quick squad revamp and ship-steadying we need to happen next. OK, he doesn'tย bring the same sort of excitement a Robbo appointment might have generated or that Stendel brought to the team quickly, but that's partly down to his demeanour. We need results and he is proven in that respect.

ย 

Some folk seem to forget that in manager terms he was effectively like a raw 20 year old when he was our manager. He's got 6 years at 3 clubs under his belt now. Still learning but will no doubt know where he went wrong with us first time and have an idea of how to do some things better.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The Kingslayer

ย 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

ย 

ย 

It's a hedging your best type appointment which is exactly what we need after 2 or even 3 (looking at Levein's appointment with hindsight) risky hires. Neilson is guaranteed to know how to win the Championship and did very well in the Premiership with us, so wherever we are it's a safe appointment for the quick squad revamp and ship-steadying we need to happen next. Some folk seem to forget that in manager terms he was a raw 20 year old when he was our manager. he's got 6 years at 3 clubs under his belt now.

ย 

Agree totally, have heard on here that he's not an "exciting" option. I wonder who would be a realistic, contender. Folk will say Stendel, but due to himย not having experience in knowing how to set up a team against Arbroath at 7:45pm on a Wednedsay night in feezing winter, would be equally risky.

Edited by The Kingslayer

Billybuffjaw
On 21/06/2020 at 19:31, Sir Gio said:

What does it all mean.ย 

ย 

So many things to stir the imaginationย 

It Means we have a guy who knows his stuff, I'm over the moon. Total shock and cheered me right up.

Dundee United sporting director Tony Asghar has expressed his surprise at Neilson's move to Hearts, insisting he has gone "sideways" rather than to a bigger club. (Courier)

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Tony Ashgar reported in the Courier as saying Neilson has made a "sideways move."

So suddenly DUFC are some mega club.ย  Honestly!

OP doesnt post much when they do, its real hard hitting profound points...

ย 

ย 

๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคฅ

ย 

Get behind HSL perhaps matey๐Ÿค”

Just commented on the same in the Robbie Neilson is Back thread.

ย 

Yes, Ashgar, run along now.

ย 

Look forward to seriously spanking them when we next meet - whatever division or cup it is in.

Starting to really loathe Dundee United.

4 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Tony Ashgar reported in the Courier as saying Neilson has made a "sideways move."

Face saving exercise to try and get the fans inside. Their pride has been hurt. He knows as well as we do that they are a complete irrelevance of a club.ย 

Haha - ok where to begin...

how many season tickets holder have you got?.. "Delight at Tannadice as Dundee United fans smash through 4,000-season ticket barrier" (ahem)..

whats the average attendance?

Averageย home leagueย attendance 5,078

ย  again (ahem)...

How many years did it take for you to get out the Championship (pending) 2016 - 2020.. (ahem)..

ย 

need we say more - Diddy team has delusions of grandeur shock headline in a Red Top Rag - excuse me while I pish my kecks in hysterics!!..

complete control
5 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Ashgar sounds like a 50/1 shot at the National.ย 

and falls at the 1st

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ DU are a tinpot outfit who still reminisce about the Jim McLean days. Sideways step - come now. Heโ€™s just saying what the handful of United fans want to hearย 

colinmaroon

Bit like asking,

ย 

"Which is bigger, the pile of manure on the farm next door or Ben Nevis?"

24 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

They arenโ€™t even the biggest team in Dundee FFS ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Yep. Dundee has 50 years seniority on them.....

24 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

ย 

Let's hope he doesn't listen to Levein and Pressley on Sportsound then! Former Utd employees making no secret that Hearts are a bigger club.ย 

Dundee Utd bigger than Hearts? Is this even a debate?ย :rofl:

ย 

United had a wee bit of success in the mid-late 80โ€™s and thatโ€™s it. Theyโ€™re not even the biggest team in their own city :lol:

ย 

Edited by iantjambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Oh United.ย 

ย 

The biscuit was more relevant than youย 

Sunderland have released, Ozturk, Lafferty and Mclaughlin's out of contract (but has been offered an extension).ย 

ย 

Any takers? :Dย 

ย 

Pretty sure Neilson and Ozturk fell out at St Johnstone leading to Kitchen becoming captain so non-starter there for me. Think we're strong enough in striking options, but if Uche left I wouldn't say no. Gordon or Mclaughlin given the chance? Tough one IMO.ย 

The Old Tolbooth

All I'm hearing from bitter Arabs (are we still allowed to call them that?) is that they didn't want him as their manager anyway, and how shite he was etc, it's the usual bitter pish you get from fans who've just lost their manager, after all, he had them miles in front in the Championship at a canter.ย 

ย 

Here's also an article on Robbie from that well known Dundee rag the Evening Times from roughly a year ago, and they can't praise the guy enough.ย 

ย 

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/nice-guy-robbie-neilson-has-a-dark-side-says-new-dundee-united-assistant-mcculloch/

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, heartyhub said:

Topic doesnโ€™t even deserve a thread.

Over 90% of Hearts fans say differentlyย 

ย 

:pleasing:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sunderland have released, Ozturk, Lafferty and Mclaughlin's out of contract (but has been offered an extension).ย 

ย 

ย 

Pretty sure Neilson and Ozturk fell out at St Johnstone leading to Kitchen becoming captain so non-starter there for me. Think we're strong enough in striking options, but if Uche left I wouldn't say no. Gordon or Mclaughlin given the chance? Tough one IMO.ย 

Goalkeeper, midfielders and pace are our priority areasย 

Ex member of the SaS

Happy to have Robbie even though I said no to an ex player or existing Scottish manager. Levein being touted for Utd shows how poor the old merry go round is. They watched him destroy Hearts and think they have a gem?

Personally think Levein and Robbie fell out over picking the team and tactics. Robbie coming back so soon after Levein has gone reinforces that for me.

Pretty sure Robbie will do well this time without the interference.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Bit like asking,

ย 

"Which is bigger, the pile of manure on the farm next door or Ben Nevis?"

ย 

It depends how far away you are from each one.

ย 

hqdefault.jpg

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Goalkeeper, midfielders and pace are our priority areasย 

Definetely a keeper and centre mid if haring is still not fit!

Dundee Utd, are Massive.ย 

ย 

ย 

:rofl:

ย 

"Hello, DU supporter club, this Del boy Trotter. Can I have my van back, please!? "

Dallas Green

These Neilson Out bedsheet hangers must have really really really really small dicks.

ย 

I can only assume that's why they act like massive bellends.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

ย 

It depends how far away you are from each one.

ย 

hqdefault.jpg

ย 

ย 

Postmodernism at its looniest.

ย 

The relative heights are not subjective interpretations, they are objective realities.

ย 

Next thing you'll be saying they are constructs of our minds which is, in fact, more or less what you are saying.

ย 

Well, if they are just constructs of the mind, try rolling in the manure to bring you back to reality.

It's really creepy and weird for someone to keep doing that, 4 years later.

ย 

Think they need to seek some help, maybe this time itย is from lockdown anxiety. Or they have some obsession with Robbie and photoshop his face onto other things for their pleasure.

ย 

ย 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, OTT said:

ย 

ย 

Unfortunately McLaughlin has joined Rangers. Ozturk definitely had a fall out so canโ€™t see him coming back. Lafferty as always is a divisive character but to score 19 goals in that team was a ****ing miracle and probably kept us up.