Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Just thinking about this..will Robbie want Berra?

How he resolves this will tell us a lot about his ambitions. Personally I hope he agrees with Daniel.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we drew Celtic in quite early rounds of the cup about 3 times under Neilson. Definitely twice at least.

He/we were unlucky in the draws. I was at the League Cup match at Parkhead, midweek, and we were definitely in it. A goal down, awarded a pen which Sow missed and they go up the park and go 2 up. 🙄

Just now, JohnB said:

How he resolves this will tell us a lot about his ambitions. Personally I hope he agrees with Daniel.

Wouldn't surprise me if Berra now stays

7 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

We won’t let him stay at feckin Dundee that’s for sure!

I think as a club we are a sleeping giant and this is the turning point. Very happy to have Robbie back and can only see it going up from here. He’s a hearts man through and through who done very well last time and was embarrassingly chased out, look what’s happened since then 😬

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We won’t let him stay at feckin Dundee that’s for sure!

Hope not

3 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

What happened then? Surely someone can say what with Levein gone and Robbie being back?

C'mon!

Allegedly the first day pack of pre season premiership year 2, the players were all waiting for Robbie (who was in leveins office). 

10 mins later Robbie came down fizzing, dropped a ball on the floor and leathered it to the other end of riccarton. He then turned around and said “there you go boys, that’s how he wants us to play this season”

Mind when St mirren got a man sent off against Dundee United in there relegation play off in extra time, and it goes to penalties Robbie Neilson is fist pumping that it has went to penalties only for this to happen and btw if there is ever the defeniton of tinpot it's St mirren i hate them,

Welcome back Robbie!!! 

John mcCartney
4 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Complete and utter nonsense!

Whats bollocks bout it
We need unity at the moment,build on the recent perceived turnaround in events and this very sudden appointment
happens.
The bloke drove punters that mad they flew a plane with a banner.
When has that ever happened before ffs.....I hope it fecking works out

17 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

It really is pathetic isn't it?

Statistically he's the most successful Hearts manager in likenthe past 20 years or so, yet one shit game against Hibs and he's about to "split the support".

Like grow up man. Same folks who spit the dummy whenever Pressley's name is mentioned. These are grown adults btw.

They need to get over it.

Most successful manager in the past 20 years? How the hell do you work that out? 

6 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Whats bollocks bout it
We need unity at the moment,build on the recent perceived turnaround in events and this very sudden appointment
happens.

We've been utterly shite since, under 3 managers and 1 interim manager who may have taken us back to the place we ****ing started at and where Robbie had to guide us from

At least Robbie delivered results. 

It's divisive in a sense that some of our support are utter imbeciles. A good season in the championship and they turn into entitled brats. 

Edited by Homme

Does this mean we are expecting demotion to the championship? 

Robbie being a great championship manager? 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Whats bollocks bout it
happens.

Out of interest, why do you think these "punters" flew a plane with a banner when we were I think 3rd at the time but not when we were bottom? I think it's fair to say these were not Hearts fans by any definition.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jumpship said:

Does this mean we are expecting demotion to the championship? 

Robbie being a great championship manager? 

Also the last manager to get us into Europe in the Premiership and was on course for being only the second in recent memory to get us two 3rds in a row. So there's that.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Most successful manager in the past 20 years? How the hell do you work that out? 

Using the statistics he mentioned? Just a guess.

Marty Byrde
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dull defensive football that yielded loads of goals. How does that work exactly?

Give me dull but mostly winning football over the last 3 seasons and indeed most seasons under Romanov apart from 05/06.

No idea what football some Hearts fans think they’ve seen us play before, or are all the Neilson knockers about 20 years old and they’ve literally nothing to compare it to?

Loads? Maybe need to reign it in a bit there pal.

In his only full season in the PL we scored a mere 14 more than the side that got relegated two seasons previous, 59 to 45. 

I'm not saying he's a bad appointment as such, I'm just saying not everyone is thrilled at the prospect of watching a Neilson side.

20 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

It’ll depend on what league we are in imo.

Just now, DH1986 said:

It’ll depend on what league we are in imo.

keep him for championship?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

In his only full season in the PL we scored a mere 14 more than the side that got relegated two seasons previous, 59 to 45. 

I'm not saying he's a bad appointment as such, I'm just saying not everyone is thrilled at the prospect of watching a Neilson side.

Yes, loads. Loads more chances too. And he never had anyone up front even approaching the quality of Naismith or Boyce.

PhoenixHearts
8 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

His Win/Loss percentage.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Also the last manager to get us into Europe in the Premiership and was on course for being only the second in recent memory to get us two 3rds in a row. So there's that.

Aye the last manager to get us in Europe put out it by part timers, Connor Sammon fed the fish and he will score 

FFS! The team that beat us are sponsored by McDonald's 

Facyal Rherras 😂😂😂

And for the record the Rangers or Hibs weren't in the league when we came third, but so we should of considering the s***e that was left not much to beat 😂

Aberdeen turned up and well did this to us 

Edited by Bongo 1874

4 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Um... you do know that that’s an increase of over 30%? Nearly a third? Or, to put it another way, 0.4 goals per game?

Marty Byrde
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye the last manager to get us in Europe put out it by part timers, Connor Sammon fed the fish and he will score 

Facyal Rherras 😂😂😂

The second goal there was a really good counter-attack and at the game I kept thinking it was exactly the type of goal we could never score as we were so slow.

Sammon was a disgrace that day too, always running away from the action.

Weakened Offender
20 minutes ago, BehindYou said:

I think as a club we are a sleeping giant and this is the turning point. Very happy to have Robbie back and can only see it going up from here. He’s a hearts man through and through who done very well last time and was embarrassingly chased out, look what’s happened since then 😬

100%

I feel  robbie is reiterating that hearts are the 3rd best team  in Scottish football to be In charge off. Now Levein is out  the way he is clear  to do what he wants to. 

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Out of interest, why do you think these "punters" flew a plane with a banner when we were I think 3rd at the time but not when we were bottom? I think it's fair to say these were not Hearts fans by any definition.

they were never hearts fans in a million years. Shameful idiots that disrespected someone who had made two mistakes (hubs and the Maltese) in how many years ? Were they ever confirmed as attending Tynecastle ?

Edited by 1971fozzy

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, OTT said:

The reaction Robbie got to that will ensure it never happens again IMO.

Let’s hope so, his record of 1 win in 8 games against them is awful. The fact they then went on to win the cup will never be forgiven by some I’m afraid. He will need to rectify that record, but I’m sure he will. 

21 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Whats bollocks bout it
happens.

Would rather the arseholes that paid for the banner left Tynecastle than Robbie. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Facyal Rherras 😂😂😂

Not part-time.

MacDonalds is one of the biggest brands in the world.

Birkirkara beat West Ham the year before, only losing the tie on penalties.

This was Neilson's first experience of management in Europe and if Bauben hadn't missed a pen it could have been very different. We had 62% possession and 13 shots on goal to their 3. It was July. Scottish teams get bumped out of Europe or suffer embarrassing defeats in Europe in July on a regular basis. That was actually one of the least embarrassing ones. Just ask Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic fans.

Apart from all that, top post!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, thejts said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._managers

Gutted we’ve got a Manager with a higher win percentage at Heart of Midlothian than Tommy Walker .

Its shite winning games . 

1E418729-2442-4127-BAF3-EFBE2254FF71.jpeg

I don’t think Walker managed in a lower division, it’s a great record and here’s hoping he keeps it up but let’s not rewrite the history surrounding our most successful manager ever.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Um... you do know that that’s an increase of over 30%? Nearly a third? Or, to put it another way, 0.4 goals per game?

We were literally one of the top scorers in Europe under Neilson.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I have said it before, but I'll say it again: I like Robbie.  

Should Stendel have had longer? Maybe. I would not have been concerned if he had.

What I can't get my head around is Robbie leaving what - at the moment - is a guaranteed Premiership team for what - at the moment - is a championship team.

Unless he knows something that we don't - and unless there was something going on at DU that he knows and we don't.

He's came back because we'll still have the at least the 5th biggest budget and outwith the of we're still the most attractive side to manage. 

John mcCartney

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

iirc a home game v Ross county,from the very start of the game Hearts sat back and allowed that northern mob to dictate the play.Reckon the plane mob didnt fancy that style.
Im not against the bloke,just hope it all works out this time and you can sense that the club means a lot to him.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not part-time.

This was Neilson's first experience of management in Europe and if Bauben hadn't missed a pen it could have been very different. We had 62% possession and 13 shots on goal to their 3. It was July. Scottish teams get bumped out of Europe or suffer embarrassing defeats in Europe in July on a regular basis. That was actually one of the least embarrassing ones. Just ask Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic fans.

We also missed a pk and hit the bar twice. 

That's football tho!

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think Walker managed in a lower division, it’s a great record and here’s hoping he keeps it up but let’s not rewrite the history surrounding our most successful manager ever.

Yes let's not. So let's add it was a lower division that wasn't really a typical lower division given the other teams in it. If it was that easy, teams like Hibs, Rangers and D Utd would have all run away with it like we did. Of course, they didn't and we had the hardest division of all 3 of them when we got promoted.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not part-time.

We would’ve hammered them if we’ve played them two weeks later, we just weren’t up to speed. 
As the only two who’ve been arguing recently about Neilson before today I did say I thought he would be back, neither of us thought it would be this quick. 
Here’s hoping we won’t be continuing it.

45 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm meh about this as it is actually hard to think of Scottish football restarting in any case. Plus the court case has been too engrossing.

I'm disappointed that Stendel isn't continuing as I was enjoying his attempts to try and reframe the team's style. The inconsistency was still there but the way we took the vermin apart and destroyed Sevco twice were delightful. I will miss him but this disruption changes everything in any case.

I was content to see Neilson leave when he did. Our squad was horrendously imbalanced (one left-footed player) and he inflicted Conor Sammon on us. That said, his successor was horrendous and Levein's answer was to sign player after player with no consistency at all. So I'm in a muted "we will see" mood about it, given that the focus is still on the Court of Session. To be fair, at least Budge has made the change at the right time, if a change was needed.

Absolutely this. 

“Meh” and “safe” are the two words that I can’t get past. 

But unfortunately “exciting” and “ambitious” were tried with Cathro and Stendel and did not work. Stendel needed time but remained far too high a risk, with player recruitment I believe a big issue. It may even be the case that it was Stendel who said he wasn’t coming back.  

I’m kind of disappointed to say that “safe” is probably what we need right now irrespective of what division we’re in and at Least Ann has moved quickly. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes let's not. So let's add it was a lower division that wasn't really a typical lower division given the other teams in it. If it was that easy, teams like Hibs, Rangers and D Utd would have all run away with it like we did. Of course, they didn't and we had the hardest division of all 3 of them when we got promoted.

Fair point, the rest of the teams were awful though. You can’t compare Walker with Neilson

Edited by Pasquale for King

pettigrewsstylist

Its.........squad assessment time. The interview door will be swinging like The High Chaparal saloons.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Absolutely this. 

“Meh” and “safe” are the two words that I can’t get past. 

But unfortunately “exciting” and “ambitious” were tried with Cathro and Stendel and did not work. Stendel needed time but remained far too high a risk, with player recruitment I believe a big issue. It may even be the case that it was Stendel who said he wasn’t coming back.  

I’m kind of disappointed to say that “safe” is probably what we need right now irrespective of what division we’re in and at Least Ann has moved quickly. 

Absolutely, there was a bit of chat about appointing someone to unite with he fans if possible, I don’t think this is it.

Is Lee MCCulloch his assistant at Dundee? 

going to go down like a lead balloon if he ends up joining us. 

Edited by GinRummy

Marty Byrde
20 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Fair enough. An extra goal every three games.

For balance in favour of Robbie I should also add that defence was much improved under him, and probably a bigger indicator of why I think like I do.

I hope the football we see is more like the larger part of the 1st Division campaign rather than anything else.

Edited by Marty Byrde