Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ramrod said:

It doesn't really matter what clowns like you and I think though does it . 

When you've got clubs the calibre of Munich and Bologna after you you're obviously quality . 

We are all entitled to our opinions but we're kidding ourself if we think they're relevant compared to these guys . 

I still don't get it.

Bayern Munich... Bologna... the only decision is what one, surely? And also,  where do I sign! What an opportunity.

He can't REALLY be considering Scottish Football after those offers, can he?

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I still don't get it.

Bayern Munich... Bologna... the only decision is what one, surely? And also,  where do I sign! What an opportunity.

Aye but “more than just a club” etc... 🙄

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Aye but “more than just a club” etc... 🙄

If he does go to Celtic, it's purely for 'family' reasons/pressure... I wouldn't even count the EPL as a good move for him. German and Italian football are consistently  among the best leagues in world football (EPL is just the richest. Certainly not the best!) Different culture, climates, professional set ups... absolute no-brainer.

Or he could follow his agent and dad to be coached by Lennon in a set up run by a pathetic league body that is as close to imploding as it's ever been. FFS.

14 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Not for the first time. Shame on the player but also shame on Hearts for the woeful negotiating skills.

You can take the horse to the water but you can't make it drink.😜

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Lennon may not be there for too much longer.....

Very true! Was always surprised he went back... definitely the cheap option for them at the time. I wouldn't be putting any money on them progressing in the Euro league/play offs (?) either. Couldn't happen to better club. Some 'Karma' has definitely been served over the last 24 hours!

NaturalOrder74

Celtic* are regressing more and more every year under Lennon, I remember their fans getting raging at BR for not getting out the group stage of CL and now they’re getting further and further away from the group stage every year, champions league football might have been a selling point for a player but they’re absolutely nowhere near that level anymore 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I still don't get it.

Modern contracts are about much more than 'how much for how long'. Structured increases dependant on appearances, international recognition, image rights, housing, the tax structure...blah blah.

Even the fees agreed between clubs can be extremely complex....not just a case of how much. The structure of payments, future transfers, add-ons.

Every offer he has would getting evaluated...compared with the others, then bargained against not only what his agent asked for but also against what's being offered.

It all takes time...even more so for an 18 year old laddie who probably doesn't know what he wants, whilst every man and his dug has an opinion as to what is right for him.

And then there's Kickback......

15 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Where the majority just want what’s best for the club that gave him his big break, first and foremost.

Rocky jamboa

C*ltic will have lost out on a fair bit by not progressing in the CL, coupled with no gate receipts for last night or probably their europa league tie. They usually need to sell a player to cover the loss of not qualifying so would expect Edouard to go and wonder if Hickey will no longer be a priority? If anything, they will encourage him to sit out his contract so they can sign him for nothing next year. Scum bags. 

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

C*ltic will have lost out on a fair bit by not progressing in the CL, coupled with no gate receipts for last night or probably their europa league tie. They usually need to sell a player to cover the loss of not qualifying so would expect Edouard to go and wonder if Hickey will no longer be a priority? If anything, they will encourage him to sit out his contract so they can sign him for nothing next year. Scum bags. 

Emperors in rags. Couple of unfortunate injuries to key players and knocked out the EL, suddenly they find themselves with a burgeoning wage bill and not much coming in to pay for it. 

20 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Modern contracts are about much more than 'how much for how long'. Structured increases dependant on appearances, international recognition, image rights, housing, the tax structure...blah blah.

Even the fees agreed between clubs can be extremely complex....not just a case of how much. The structure of payments, future transfers, add-ons.

Every offer he has would getting evaluated...compared with the others, then bargained against not only what his agent asked for but also against what's being offered.

It all takes time...even more so for an 18 year old laddie who probably doesn't know what he wants, whilst every man and his dug has an opinion as to what is right for him.

Aye you're right. He's only been mulling this over for the best part of a year! And thanks for the school lesson, I would never have guessed it's more complicated than 'how much and how long'.

The point I was making is this lad has the world at his feet and two clubs, one of which has just won the Champions League, from top European leagues are after his signature... and we're still hearing that shellick are involved.

A blind man and his dug can see what the wrong move would be (for probably buttons!).... FFS we've seen it a thousand times before with the uglies! BB is right, this is a forum for discussion on the matter and we're Hearts fans that want what's best for our club.... that gave him his big break.

6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It's being reported in the Scotsman that this could cost Celtic £30 million. Ain't life a bitch.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

If he does go to Celtic, it's purely for 'family' reasons/pressure... I wouldn't even count the EPL as a good move for him. German and Italian football are consistently  among the best leagues in world football (EPL is just the richest. Certainly not the best!) Different culture, climates, professional set ups... absolute no-brainer.

Or he could follow his agent and dad to be coached by Lennon in a set up run by a pathetic league body that is as close to imploding as it's ever been. FFS.

Still think Celtic failed to learn lessons from Brendon Rogers time when they hire Lennon. One of biggest benefits Rogers brought to Celtic was his ability to coach and develop players. Its no surprise so many Celtic players suddenly improved so much under him. This meant Celtic played better particularly in Europe (though in Europe under Rogers his biggest failing was still playing the same tactics against much better teams and not changing) and also bring in more money from selling players. They should have looked to that for their next manager, but they went for Lennon. He doesn't really develop players, his main selling point is that he can fire up players.

Celtic need to get rid of Lennon, and Hickey should be wary of Lennon

Harry Potter
20 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

I've been wondering that myself for weeks Beast.  The number of agents, advisers, doctors, physios, coaches and tacticians that are on KB is a wonder to behold at times.

All trained up as well, experts on everything.

19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Still think Celtic failed to learn lessons from Brendon Rogers time when they hire Lennon. One of biggest benefits Rogers brought to Celtic was his ability to coach and develop players. Its no surprise so many Celtic players suddenly improved so much under him. This meant Celtic played better particularly in Europe (though in Europe under Rogers his biggest failing was still playing the same tactics against much better teams and not changing) and also bring in more money from selling players. They should have looked to that for their next manager, but they went for Lennon. He doesn't really develop players, his main selling point is that he can fire up players.

Celtic need to get rid of Lennon, and Hickey should be wary of Lennon

Yeah, can't disagree with any of that. Lennon was definitely a step backwards in my book. 

On 26/08/2020 at 12:08, FarmerTweedy said:

What about Aaron Hickey though?

Your right of course Aaron Hickey on the 10th of June he was 18. My apologies.

Rocky jamboa
4 hours ago, David Black said:

It's being reported in the Scotsman that this could cost Celtic £30 million. Ain't life a bitch.

Gutted for them 😜

Bid has been received for Aaron Hickey - https://news.stv.tv/sport/hearts-braced-for-aaron-hickey-departure-as-bid-tabled?top

BBC reporting it is Bayern Munich https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53937777

The Hearts chairwoman said: “Two days ago I had the first offer for Aaron. I’ve gone back with various points so that’s still being discussed.

“But it is just an offer from one club – we haven’t had lots of people contacting us, as you might be forgiven for assuming based on all the headlines.

Edited by ritchies75

14 minutes ago, Gav M said:

If it happens then Bayern is a better move on a human level. I love both Italy and Germany as place to spend time in but Germany would be more familiar to a young person and easier to settle. Also the majority of young Germans have a solid grasp of English as a language so communication would be a lot easier. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

If it happens then Bayern is a better move on a human level. I love both Italy and Germany as place to spend time in but Germany would be more familiar to a young person and easier to settle. Also the majority of young Germans have a solid grasp of English as a language so communication would be a lot easier. 

This by the way. ^^^^

Every word.

Not to say he wouldn’t do well at Bologna, but what’s in the post above is my experience of Germany as a Scot.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

100% correct. I've lived and worked in both. Germany everytime,Munich is class, evertime for me. 

Spent a reasonable amount of time in Germany, and it’s brilliant country. If I was looking for somewhere abroad to live, at his age, it’d probably be the one. Not to say Italy is t amazing however...

East End of Celtic is a shite place to live and populated by absolute scumbags.

Would prefer Ann Budge kept quiet at this stage rather than going public saying only one bid has been received. Or telling the world that we value him at £1.5m. If he's leaving we should be encouraging a bidding war and accepting the top offer from outside of Scotland. If Bayern really want him they will up their opening offer. 

Thought Police
7 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Would prefer Ann Budge kept quiet at this stage rather than going public saying only one bid has been received. Or telling the world that we value him at £1.5m. If he's leaving we should be encouraging a bidding war and accepting the top offer from outside of Scotland. If Bayern really want him they will up their opening offer. 

I’m not sure she said the £1.5m part. That’s the number that news outlets have been reporting for a while now.

But I agree, it’s frustrating that there seems to be multiple suitors but the number isn’t going up, compared to Turnbull going for £3m despite only having one suitor. Just goes to show the importance of having players on a longer contract.

Edited by Thought Police

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Beast Boy said:

Spent a reasonable amount of time in Germany, and it’s brilliant country. If I was looking for somewhere abroad to live, at his age, it’d probably be the one. Not to say Italy is t amazing however...

East End of Celtic is a shite place to live and populated by absolute scumbags.

For me, if I was to live in a country in Europe outside the British Isles it would be Germany or Netherlands. Germany can be a lovely place.

Also think it cant be under estimated how big a thing it is that there will be two other Scottish players around his age at Bayern. The fact Liam Morrison has been there for a year already, having settled in means that Hickey would have someone who has gone through it and can guide him. Its like how Shakhtar Donetsk in the 2000s had a policy of recruiting really promising Brazilians. Ukraine is very different from Brazil, but because they brought a few over at the same time, these Brazilians formed a close knit group where they did live some Brazilian lifestyle (they had BBQs, managed to get Brazilian tv on satellite) and so they coped with living in Ukraine and playing really well (and quite a few went on to big clubs.) 

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

For me, if I was to live in a country in Europe outside the British Isles it would be Germany or Netherlands. Germany can be a lovely place.

Also think it cant be under estimated how big a thing it is that there will be two other Scottish players around his age at Bayern. The fact Liam Morrison has been there for a year already, having settled in means that Hickey would have someone who has gone through it and can guide him. Its like how Shakhtar Donetsk in the 2000s had a policy of recruiting really promising Brazilians. Ukraine is very different from Brazil, but because they brought a few over at the same time, these Brazilians formed a close knit group where they did live some Brazilian lifestyle (they had BBQs, managed to get Brazilian tv on satellite) and so they coped with living in Ukraine and playing really well (and quite a few went on to big clubs.) 

Yeah, having a few lads that speak your slang would definitely help. Germany is just one of those countries that ticks almost every box for me, so I can’t see past that for the lad.

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

I’m not sure she said the £1.5m part. That’s the number that news outlets have been reporting for a while now.

But I agree, it’s frustrating that there seems to be multiple suitors but the number isn’t going up, compared to Turnbull going for £3m despite only having one suitor. Just goes to show the importance of having players on a longer contract.

The reports say the Turnbull deal was "worth up to 3.25m". Who knows what Motherwell got up front. It's strange that Celtic seem to have pushed the boat out for Turnbull even after his injury when they wouldn't cough up for John McGinn, the much better, more proven player. Or maybe they pushed the boat out for him so they wouldn't get stick for missing out again. There were English clubs interested in Turnbull, at least the first time around as well.

Edited by ToqueJambo

20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think most of the above is very true , particularly having a familiar face around .

For me Bologna would win hands down but I'm not an 18 year old building a career in football

Basically the polar opposite !

Perth to Paisley

Worked in Germany [Heidelberg] for around 8 months and loved every minute of it.

My German was poor but it was never an issue as their English was better than mine ... and better than the east end of The Weedge! 

Been to Italy numerous times and love calcio (my favourite league) but would tell him to go to Germany if I had the opportunity.

Even if that meant I didn't have another reason to to go to Bologna again.

JFDI

Meanwhile Celtic supporters have the consolation from their abject European failure that their club has signed a £3m player, weakening Motherwell in the process.

7 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Aye you're right. He's only been mulling this over for the best part of a year! And thanks for the school lesson, I would never have guessed it's more complicated than 'how much and how long'.

The point I was making is this lad has the world at his feet and two clubs, one of which has just won the Champions League, from top European leagues are after his signature... and we're still hearing that shellick are involved.

A blind man and his dug can see what the wrong move would be (for probably buttons!).... FFS we've seen it a thousand times before with the uglies! BB is right, this is a forum for discussion on the matter and we're Hearts fans that want what's best for our club.... that gave him his big break.

Yes he has a couple of huge clubs potentially after his signature...but again, it's about much more than does he prefer schnitzel or linguine. It's a life changing decision, and as much as we want it to end up being in either Germany or Italy, we have to realise that it may just end up being the east end of Glasgow. Hopefully the realisation that the Bayern move may be a once in a lifetime opportunity holds sway, but If anyone on here truly believes that Aaron, his dad or agent give a toss about the club that gave him his break, then you are deluded. He will be advised on everything except what is best or preferable for Hearts or kickback.

10 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Yes he has a couple of huge clubs potentially after his signature...but again, it's about much more than does he prefer schnitzel or linguine. It's a life changing decision, and as much as we want it to end up being in either Germany or Italy, we have to realise that it may just end up being the east end of Glasgow. Hopefully the realisation that the Bayern move may be a once in a lifetime opportunity holds sway, but If anyone on here truly believes that Aaron, his dad or agent give a toss about the club that gave him his break, then you are deluded. He will be advised on everything except what is best or preferable for Hearts or kickback.

I agree. Why would he do what is best or preferable for Hearts rather  than what’s in his own career interests?  Anyone on here suggesting otherwise is completely deluded. 

Sadly there is very little sense of loyalty with players in football now. Interests of hearts will be the very last thing he will be thinking about 

20 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone on here suggest that his dad, agent or even himself give a toss about Hearts... I know I certainly haven’t - loyalty is long gone out of football from a players point of view! I DID suggest that we, as Hearts fans, want what’s best for Hearts but I’m not naive enough to think that would sway Hickey. 
Perhaps I should have said IMO I think going to Celtic would be huge mistake for the lad, especially when two leading continental clubs are after his signature... and I would say this with or without my maroon specs. Too many examples of talent running off to the uglies only to warm the bench and letting their careers stagnate - off the top of my head Paul Ritchie as a prime example. 
It is also ‘my opinion’ that if he does head for darkheid it’s more to do with his dad & agents influence and not what’s best for his career. 

12 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone on here suggest that his dad, agent or even himself give a toss about Hearts... I know I certainly haven’t - loyalty is long gone out of football from a players point of view! I DID suggest that we, as Hearts fans, want what’s best for Hearts but I’m not naive enough to think that would sway Hickey. 
Perhaps I should have said IMO I think going to Celtic would be huge mistake for the lad, especially when two leading continental clubs are after his signature... and I would say this with or without my maroon specs. Too many examples of talent running off to the uglies only to warm the bench and letting their careers stagnate - off the top of my head Paul Ritchie as a prime example. 
It is also ‘my opinion’ that if he does head for darkheid it’s more to do with his dad & agents influence and not what’s best for his career. 

Agreed.

However, realisation tells me that his Dad and agent may well be advising him that Celtic is the best route for now...stay at home whilst he's barely out of school, get a massive pay rise, play for his hero's and still have many years ahead where he can get his big move...like Tierney. I'm certain that's what they'll be selling him unfortunately.

We can only hope that the Bayern move comes off, but I'm not optimistic.

Celtic will not be interested unless they get him for nowt as Turnbull signing will be last this transfer window, can only see outgoings from there to balance the books, more the merrier.

12 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Agreed.

However, realisation tells me that his Dad and agent may well be advising him that Celtic is the best route for now...stay at home whilst he's barely out of school, get a massive pay rise, play for his hero's and still have many years ahead where he can get his big move...like Tierney. I'm certain that's what they'll be selling him unfortunately.

We can only hope that the Bayern move comes off, but I'm not optimistic.

Yeah, I don’t doubt that for a second. Can only hope that last nights potential loss of 30mill has stopped any signings in their tracks!

At least the Bologna ‘offer’ might now move things along. I would love to see an ex-Jambo transfer to and thrive in Serie A. 

19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wake me up when actually signs for someone......😴

Also very keen to see the back of him now. Obviously, provided he goes abroad, its with my best wishes. But when you know a player doesn't want to be here anymore, it kinda sours things. 

I reckon if he went to Bologna we'll probably scoop a nice sell on fee eventually, but hopefully selling to Bayern would add a bit of prestige to the club and make other youngsters take note that its possible to rise to the very top, even at Hearts. It doesn't need to be the OF. 

I hope it is club policy not to sell to the OF. Can't think of much more demoralising that feeding the next generation of silverware winners for the bigots.