Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

I keep seeing a lot of people saying we are being ripped off, or the fee is appalling and it's a joke. 

Surely people get it's about his contract, not about the player, or our negotiating. We don't hold the power in negotiations at all cos he can go sign for someone in a few months and it's left to a tribunal. We have ourselves to blame for not getting him on a longer contract mind you. And when you look at that infographic someone did a week or so back, you see that Cochrane, Irving and others have 1 year left to. So if they fulfil their potential this season they could leave for peanuts as well. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

I keep seeing a lot of people saying we are being ripped off, or the fee is appalling and it's a joke. 

Surely people get it's about his contract, not about the player, or our negotiating. We don't hold the power in negotiations at all cos he can go sign for someone in a few months and it's left to a tribunal. We have ourselves to blame for not getting him on a longer contract mind you. And when you look at that infographic someone did a week or so back, you see that Cochrane, Irving and others have 1 year left to. So if they fulfil their potential this season they could leave for peanuts as well. 

No tribunal for cross border. A year's contract is more than enough. Not so sure it makes too much difference any more. Look at fees across Europe for that. 

Hickey turned down contract offers. Not sure what more we could have done. He's got a good head and has made good decisions in his career so far. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

No tribunal for cross border. A year's contract is more than enough. Not so sure it makes too much difference any more. Look at fees across Europe for that. 

Hickey turned down contract offers. Not sure what more we could have done. He's got a good head and has made good decisions in his career so far. 

Interesting, I didn't know that. All the more reason for us to take a lower fee though no? 

A year on a contract definitely makes a difference though surely? Because he can leave for free in 5 months (as in agree to leave in the summer). So, it stands to reason the fee will be lower than if he had 3 years left. 

Like you say, we offered, he turned down. Not much more can be done, but that's why the fee is low. 

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Bit like selling yer car to these quick sale companies☹️☹️

A bit like,  webuyanyplayer.com ...well at least we did when Levein was calling the shots! 

Perth to Paisley
4 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Given his age and the fact Italian girls are much better looking than the average German, it’s Italy every time. German is a great language for shouting at people but that’s about it.

Important  criteria 😃

Given his age and the fact Italian girls are much better looking than the average German, it’s Italy every time. German is a great language for shouting at people but that’s about it.

Although... shellick may still be in the hunt...

cell.jpg

Suppose it depends whether you prefer blondes or brunettes. 🤷

I'd agree, Italy defo. 👍 

1 hour ago, maroonshrew said:

I know , we've had since 10th june to get him to sign .

Ridiculous

Harry Potter
58 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

A bit like,  webuyanyplayer.com ...well at least we did when Levein was calling the shots! 

Aye lol.

Seymour M Hersh
29 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Although... shellick may still be in the hunt...

cell.jpg

Little does he know she/it would be his signing on bonus.

41 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Suppose it depends whether you prefer blondes or brunettes. 🤷

I'd agree, Italy defo. 👍 

But, then again?

20200828_142012.jpg

alwaysthereinspirit
13 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Aaron... the choice is yours....

sss.jpg

Dad, Dad, Dad. I know who you'd choose but what should I do?

15 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Cmon tae **** Aaron son. You need to ask this? It’s goat tae be ra sellick orra way 

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Some quotes say £1.8m so I'm guessing that £1.3m Is (roughly) what we'll get after Septic get their cut.

If £1.3m is the top figure, we'll not even clear £1m which is scandalous for a talented young lad with lots of potential.

Another one on the conveyor belt of us being ripped another new one financially?     But dykes at qpr for 2million ?  Atrocious business deal if accepted by hearts £1.3..........

WoolfordsHearts
25 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

🤣

Nap his auld man would pick Vicky the viking.

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Another one on the conveyor belt of us being ripped another new one financially?     But dykes at qpr for 2million ?  Atrocious business deal if accepted by hearts £1.3..........

It's hard to disagree with your sentiments but all's fair in love and war - and business transactions.

The fact is you can only sell for what someone is willing to pay.  Too low and you're ripped off: too high and they won't  buy.  If we reject the best offer, whatever that is, we could finish up with just a development fee as with Callum Paterson.  It's a gamble either way.

3 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

As it is a transaction between the UK and Italy  at least the VAT man wont get his 20% cut. All the more for us 

Why would there be no vat ?

132goals1958
14 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Why would there be no vat ?

Although within the EU I  do not think you pay VAT on exports to Italy but it has to be evidenced and reported. I seem to remember historically that was the case .

MarkDevriesScores4

Saw that Barry Hepburn signed for Bayern today. That deal has been on the go for at least 3 weeks. I think Hickey is pals with Barry. still think that’ll be his destination.

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

He’s only worth what someone is willing to pay. If Hearts brought out a statement saying its £3m or ram it. We’d get zilch and be left with a demotivated uninterested hindrance. 

Dykes is a goal scorer. They have always demanded a higher fee since the dawn of time. 

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He’s only worth what someone is willing to pay. If Hearts brought out a statement saying its £3m or ram it. We’d get zilch and be left with a demotivated uninterested hindrance. 

Dykes is a goal scorer. They have always demanded a higher fee since the dawn of time. 

Could not agree more - unfortunately for us, it seems.

45 minutes ago, DS98 said:

And don’t forget qpr would have known the were about to get 8 times that amount from palace

Provided we pocket £1m at least plus a sell on after Celtic take their part then I think we've done as well as we can tbh. 

Need to try and avoid letting ourselves be put into this position again. Hopefully being a bit wiser to when we let our better talents play and what their contract situation is when they make their debut. 

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

No brainer

Theres only one certainty there

There's a clear winner although I'm not quite so keen on her headwear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53953896

Bologna's Aaron Hickey bid 'nowhere near' Hearts' valuation

Hickey, who turned 18 in June, has made 33 appearances for Hearts

Bologna's bid for Hearts left-back Aaron Hickey is well short of the valuation placed on him by his club.

I am perplexed

The 18-year-old has visited the Serie A side and Bayern Munich with a view to a move, while boyhood club Celtic may provide another option.

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson told BBC Scotland Sportsound that Hickey is "a tremendous talent".

"We've had interest from one team. It's been knocked back. It's not anywhere near what we're looking for," he said.

"He's like a 24- or 25-year-old in an 18-year-old's body. He understands the game already. He has massive potential. We'll see where things go in the next week or two.

"I've been really impressed with him."

Neilson admitted he would rather Hickey remained at Tynecastle as Hearts attempt to gain promotion from the Championship.

"I didn't know a lot about him before I came in," said the former Dundee United head coach.

"Training day to day and watching him close up, he's very mature for his age, he's composed, has good physique, ticks all the boxes. We just need to help as much as we can to develop him."

Neilson is working to reduce the first-team squad from a figure of 32 when he took over from Daniel Stendel in June on a four-year deal.

"It's very difficult to work with such a big squad," he said. "You don't want 10-14 senior players who expect to play every week and aren't even making the squad, so we had to cut it to make sure we had a pathway for the young ones.

Edited by HMFC01

Delighted with Robbie's comments. Talking him up. Pretending we are serious about keeping him. And making it clear we want our valuation or more. Ann was far too excited about it all yesterday. Would prefer she didn't comment on potential transfers because she is far too quick to show her hand.

18 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

So the bid wasn’t £1.3m

Budge valued him at 1.5m..

I think bologna bid 1.3m on Tuesday as the only bid overall. 

That's been rejected, so waiting on another or nothing 😔 

This could get dragged out another week or two as was quoted from Robbie there. 

Unless another club come dashing in to make their intentions clear, significant offer, accept, done. 

Getting frightfully tedious. 

16 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Delighted with Robbie's comments. Talking him up. Pretending we are serious about keeping him. And making it clear we want our valuation or more. Ann was far too excited about it all yesterday. Would prefer she didn't comment on potential transfers because she is far too quick to show her hand.

I don't know, we might convince to stay, would have to be offered first team wages though.  He's convinced he's the next Maldini. 

13 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I don't know, we might convince to stay, would have to be offered first team wages though.  He's convinced he's the next Maldini. 

Maldini? Hmph no chance. Maldini is one of about 5 men in the World whom I've taken one look at and gone "F, life is unfair...". And that didn't even take into account his footballing ability...

He can sign for nothing in January unless I am mistaken so we really are in a weak position. Need to be careful here. I’m not chucking money into the FOH for nothing. If we lose him for nothing I will be raging. I get the fact we should try for the most money but this is precarious here. 5 months and we could get nowt. £1.3m is a belter given the timeline

Edited by 1971fozzy

J.T.F.Robertson
54 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He can sign for nothing in January unless I am mistaken so we really are in a weak position. Need to be careful here. I’m not chucking money into the FOH for nothing. If we lose him for nothing I will be raging. I get the fact we should try for the most money but this is precarious here. 5 months and we could get nowt. £1.3m is a belter given the timeline

I have no doubt the club is well aware of this. Let's hope they get it right this time.

As I said earlier in the thread, Bayern didn't agree with Hearts valuation and it would appear they haven't even submitted a bid. Let's hope Bologna pay a good fee.

Horatio Caine
6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Celtic just biding their time....

6 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Celtic just biding their time....

that’s the fear for sure.  Budge did say that Hickey did want us to benefit financially though so there’s hope.

43 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Sky Italia reporting Bologna nearing 1.5 transfer of HIckey

Claiming we’ve accepted a bid of £1.5m. Hopefully this is resolved this weekend. 

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

If Bologna risk waiting till January there is every chance they could miss out on signing him given the interest from other clubs . If they want certainty  they need  to meet our valuation now . 

Edited by ramrod

Italian Lambretta
10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Claiming we’ve accepted a bid of £1.5m. Hopefully this is resolved this weekend. 

We better have a sell on clause as well