Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

If he goes ANYWHERE else - all the best young lad

If he goes to Celtic - away and **** yersel. Hope you **** your career and end up at Berwick Rangers ya ****in wank 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

His dad is definitely Celtic minded. So his influence carries a lot of clout. He was offered an improved contract from Levein at an extra £250 per week, which under his dads influence, he  advised his son to turn this down. He was always leaving and Celtic was always his club of choice. He now has an agent and his globe trotting was only designed for one thing...to push the envelope.

We gave him his break and will no doubt get royally shafted from Celtic, if he does indeed end up there,  for this. I’m actually hoping he moves to anyone but them but it’s no reason for some posters to start hating the boy for it. 

Then he hardly merits your opinion that you will always remember him as a “Jambo”!

If he signs for Bayern I’d wish him all the best and watch his career with interest - if he signs for Celtic he joins a Club I detest!

12 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

If he goes ANYWHERE else - all the best young lad

If he goes to Celtic - away and **** yersel. Hope you **** your career and end up at Berwick Rangers ya ****in wank 

Really is that simple. A lot of people ignoring the “if” word before trumpeting. Although I do genuinely find the idea of people wishing him all the best at Celtic amusing. :lol:

How would that even work? A wee smile every time he wins a trophy or scores a goal, against every team except Hearts? If he signs for that human waste, I hope his career collapses like a brewery chimney coming down.

Edited by Beast Boy

manaliveits105

Turnbull going to Ceptic with two Ceptic players going on loan in return plus £2.7m - just give them the 9.79 in a row now - they are just controlling all the other teams who lap it up 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Turnbull going to Ceptic with two Ceptic players going on loan in return plus £2.7m - just give them the 9.79 in a row now - they are just controlling all the other teams who lap it up 

All the Motherwell fans can wish him well, and clap if he scores against them in a cup game though. So win win really. Get to support him in Europe and everything. :lol:

Only One Rousset

If he goes to Celtic it’s just another example of agents chasing the ugly sister pound and showing no ambition for young Scottish footballers. 

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Then he hardly merits your opinion that you will always remember him as a “Jambo”!

If he signs for Bayern I’d wish him all the best and watch his career with interest - if he signs for Celtic he joins a Club I detest!

Like yourself, I detest Celtic, Rangers and Hibs if you really want my opinion. If Aaron signs for Celtic I will never recognise him as one of theirs. Hence the fact I stated I’ll

always remember him as a Jambo. I maybe should’ve made myself clearer when stating this. 

I prefer not to remember Hearts players when they play for any other Scottish club. Therefore I will never acknowledge him as ‘one of the bhoys’ if he ends up there. I truly hope he goes to Bayern as it will make things a lot more palatable. 

I still wish the lad well in his career though 

I’ll need to ask my step dad if he cheered Willie Wallace when he won the EC. Was one of his favourite players at Hearts... suspect I already know the answer though.

9 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Really is that simple. A lot of people ignoring the “if” word before trumpeting. Although I do genuinely find the idea of people wishing him all the best at Celtic amusing. :lol:

How would that even work? A wee smile every time he wins a trophy or scores a goal, against every team except Hearts? If he signs for that human waste, I hope his career collapses like a brewery chimney coming down.

A bit harsh, but I find it difficult to wish him a successful career which means more trophies and a huge transfer fee for a Club I hate!

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

I’ll need to ask my step dad if he cheered Willie Wallace when he won the EC. Was one of his favourite players at Hearts... suspect I already know the answer though.

Exactly!!

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A bit harsh, but I find it difficult to wish him a successful career which means more trophies and a huge transfer fee for a Club I hate!

Nothing harsh about it. If he signs for Celtic, he does us out of a decent transfer fee, and he then plays for the main architect of the destruction of non-Glasgow football in this country. Him doing well there means Celtic doing well. **** that.

Edited by Beast Boy

Just now, Prince Buaben said:

What is the fee quoted from Sellick?

Their highest bid to date is reported as £400k minus their 30%.

9 minutes ago, poultry said:

If he goes to that lot he clearly has no ambition. 

Once a Celtic fan always a Celtic fan!

Prince Buaben
Just now, Beast Boy said:

FFS!! 

Just now, Prince Buaben said:

FFS!! 

Edinburgh Live reporting that no further bids have been made since then. 

Folk still not getting why Hearts supporters might not be over the moon and ready to break out the ticker tape for the boy’s leaving party.

You have to have more ambition than just joining the best team in your country. Look at Alphonso Davies from Munich (19 year old). He’s just won the CL and German League and his family were refugees then he ended up in Canada and played football.

dont dream about being the best in your country dream about being the best.

the problem with Scots players is they see playing first team football as the pinnacle and they just rest on their laurels and not work hard enough

although I have no time for Riordan, O Connor and Griffiths they all had exceptional talent that could have left a legacy for club and country but they never put the work in

Riordan is only 37 and hasn’t kicked a ball for 3 years while Ronaldo is the same age and setting scoring records in the top flight in Serie A.....it’s all about your dedication and work ethic but also your mindset 

Aaron probe me wrong and sign for Bayern and use Alphonso as inspiration 

58 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't really care where he goes, I'd just like us to get the most money possible. He's just a passing ship, one I doubt will go on to become the superstar people seem to think.

Hopefully we get the most amount of money possible. We're in the Scottish Championship and surely even we'll manage to find a good enough left back for that level and then a better one once we're back in the top league.

I'm on this bus. He's done alright for us but I don't see a superstar when he plays. (however, in fairness he was thrust into a poorly performing team, two changes of manager and held his own amongst senior players).

so long as Hearts get the maximum transfer fee possible that'll do for me. staggered if he chooses not to join Bayern, but he's a kid and may well not fancy the idea of living in a foreign country. 

NaturalOrder74

The only positive is if we’ve declined every bid to date from the unwashed I can’t see why we’d decide to sell now 

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Safe to say the club won't accept anything as low as that....

£1.5 million to sell to Bayern or Bologna.

£1.5 million to Celtic plus they can shove their 30% up their unwashed, crusty hoops sideways. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I would certainly hope not. The story appears to have originated from his agent Liam O’Donnell (check out his history as an agent of Scottish footballers) putting stuff to Celtic friendly Twitter users. 

Thing is, if as you say, the club wouldn’t accept a low figure like that, and again as you say, it’s up to him where he goes... you see where I’m going with this mate.

Seen it all before, sadly.

Celtic have obv spoken to Hickeys reps loads of times and both parties have obv wanted Liam O'Donnell as the agent to make it happen. 

If he was serious about a move to Italy or Germany, im sure there would be plenty big European agents that would find him a foreign suitor. Liam O'Donnell as agent smacks of, "just get me to Celtic" . Funnily enough he is David Turnbulls agent too. 

If the price is right should it really matter where he goes? 

We've all got our opinions on whats best for him, and I'm sure we'll all agree it's not Celtic, but at the end of the day when he goes he's not a hearts player anymore.

Just now, Cruyff said:

Celtic have obv spoken to Hickeys reps loads of times and both parties have obv wanted Liam O'Donnell as the agent to make it happen. 

If he was serious about a move to Italy or Germany, im sure there would be plenty big European agents that would find him a foreign suitor. Liam O'Donnell as agent smacks of, "just get me to Celtic" . Funnily enough he is David Turnbulls agent too. 

I mean, it’s not exactly the enigma code, is it? :lol:

19 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I'm not your step dad (!) but in 1967 I certainly cheered the whole Celtic team, including Willie Wallace, whom I only saw a few times in maroon, including this memorable first half

Scoring Sequence
No Score Scorer Scores For Time

1-0

Willie Wallace Heart of Midlothian 2

2-0

Willie Wallace Heart of Midlothian 17

2-1

Joe Gilroy Clyde 32

2-2

Ian Duncan Stewart(pen) Clyde 36

3-2

Willie Wallace Heart of Midlothian 42

4-2

Willie Wallace Heart of Midlothian 43

4-3

Malcolm Graham McFarlane Clyde 80

Taken from London Hearts obviously.

As far as I can remember, most people I knew (including Hearts and Hibs fans) watched the 1967 European Cup Final wanting the Scottish team to win and celebrated when they did.

Things have changed, and not for the better.

Getting back to Hickey, he has a rare talent and therefore holds most of the bargaining chips. This thread is depressingly familiar. I've no idea if young players read Kickback, but I hope they don't. If he reads much of what is written here he'll rightly feel he owes us no loyalty whatsoever. I hope he goes to a top European side and we get a good fee, but the choice is his. That's just how things have fallen here. It's how football works, and there is no point getting angry with the player. We just need to appreciate his talent while we can.

I mean, it’s not exactly the enigma code, is it? :lol:

Nope. Celtic will get him either now or next summer. 

Fxxx the SPFL

You'd think that his agent would get a percentage of the transfer fee with Bayern/Bologna £1.5m if he goes to the smellies for nowt then technically he would get nowt unless of course they have promised him a brown envelope for pushing Hickey their way.

To be fair he’s still a kid moving to a different country new language he might not be ready to try it. 
On a positive Celtic, if it’s his destination should pay through the nose for missing out on identifying his potential. 
All that being said I would opt for Bayern even if it’s just to have it on his CV . 

So, is this where we're at?

Hickey goes to Bologna or Bayern - great move for him and our club and shows young players that they have a great opportunity to get a move to a bigger club after joining Hearts as a young player.

Hickey goes to Celtic - we dump him on the bench and he doesn't play football for the rest of the season.

Not sure that the second option does much to promote us as a good place for any young players to come to.

I still hope he doesn't head West though.

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

I'm not your step dad (!) but in 1967 I certainly cheered the whole Celtic team, including Willie Wallace, whom I only saw a few times in maroon, including this memorable first half

Scoring Sequence
No Score Scorer Scores For Time

1-0

Willie Wallace Heart of Midlothian 2

2-0

Willie Wallace Heart of Midlothian 17

2-1

Joe Gilroy Clyde 32

2-2

Ian Duncan Stewart(pen) Clyde 36

3-2

Willie Wallace Heart of Midlothian 42

4-2

Willie Wallace Heart of Midlothian 43

4-3

Malcolm Graham McFarlane Clyde 80

Taken from London Hearts obviously.

As far as I can remember, most people I knew (including Hearts and Hibs fans) watched the 1967 European Cup Final wanting the Scottish team to win and celebrated when they did.

Things have changed, and not for the better.

Getting back to Hickey, he has a rare talent and therefore holds most of the bargaining chips. This thread is depressingly familiar. I've no idea if young players read Kickback, but I hope they don't. If he reads much of what is written here he'll rightly feel he owes us no loyalty whatsoever. I hope he goes to a top European side and we get a good fee, but the choice is his. That's just how things have fallen here. It's how football works, and there is no point getting angry with the player. We just need to appreciate his talent while we can.

When Stein signed Wallace he is reported to have commented that he had just signed an entire frontline in one player. 

The more things change, the more they stay the same though. We sold him for far less than he was worth, because Celtic knew we needed the cash.

I’m being genuine here when I say this: It’s great that you still feel that kind of solidarity and kinship towards ‘Scottish Clubs’, and would celebrate, as many probably did back then. I think I felt that way when I was a kid too, but that’s before I’d witnessed what certain football clubs are all about. I’d rather see Celtic being liquidated and their ground demolished than win another trophy.

4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

You'd think that his agent would get a percentage of the transfer fee with Bayern/Bologna £1.5m if he goes to the smellies for nowt then technically he would get nowt unless of course they have promised him a brown envelope for pushing Hickey their way.

Or... they then sell him after a few of seasons with CL experience and the inevitable Scotland Cap, and he gets a cut of the massive transfer fee? 🤔

Fxxx the SPFL

Or... they then sell him after a few of seasons with CL experience and the inevitable Scotland Cap, and he gets a cut of the massive transfer fee? 🤔

unless Hickey doesn't make the grade i think he is still a bit rough around the edges.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

So, is this where we're at?

Hickey goes to Bologna or Bayern - great move for him and our club and shows young players that they have a great opportunity to get a move to a bigger club after joining Hearts as a young player.

Hickey goes to Celtic - we dump him on the bench and he doesn't play football for the rest of the season.

Not sure that the second option does much to promote us as a good place for any young players to come to.

I still hope he doesn't head West though.

For the sake of one season and then leaving for well below market value? I’m happy for us to take our chances on missing out on such an honour.

If he's hell bent on signing for 'ra Sellik for a risible transfer fee we should just make him train at Nando's and Krispy Kreme and send him on his way looking like Mr Creosote.

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

unless Hickey doesn't make the grade i think he is still a bit rough around the edges.

Think it’s probably worth the risk to an agent who should probably just have “CFC” printed on his cheques. Especially when he’s attracting the interest he is now, without the Celtic premium being applied. They have sold worse players who have been less in demand for far more than Bayern are offering us.

16 minutes ago, His name is said:

If the price is right should it really matter where he goes? 

We've all got our opinions on whats best for him, and I'm sure we'll all agree it's not Celtic, but at the end of the day when he goes he's not a hearts player anymore.

I'd be happy enough with a big fee and a sell on percentage. The gain is all ours for snatching him back from Celtic a couple of years ago. The concern I have is that he sits tight for four more months and signs a pre contract with them. That would be a disaster.

7 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

When Stein signed Wallace he is reported to have commented that he had just signed an entire frontline in one player. 

The more things change, the more they stay the same though. We sold him for far less than he was worth, because Celtic knew we needed the cash.

I’m being genuine here when I say this: It’s great that you still feel that kind of solidarity and kinship towards ‘Scottish Clubs’, and would celebrate, as many probably did back then. I think I felt that way when I was a kid too, but that’s before I’d witnessed what certain football clubs are all about. I’d rather see Celtic being liquidated and their ground demolished than win another trophy.

Totally agree mate. I remember wanting Aberdeen to win in Gothenburg in 83 as I was only 8. Even though I supported Hearts I wanted them to win as they were a Scottish club. No chance now, can't stand any of them and like you if they were to falter tomorrow I couldn't care less. Hearts and only Hearts for me. 

10 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

When Hearts signed Willie Wallace from Raith, he was actually the cheaper of the two signings we made that day from Raith. The main signing was Willie Polland. If memory serves me right I think the entire deal was £17000, £12000 for Polland and £5000 for Wallece.

1 minute ago, David Black said:

When Hearts signed Willie Wallace from Raith, he was actually the cheaper of the two signings we made that day from Raith. The main signing was Willie Polland. If memory serves me right I think the entire deal was £17000, £12000 for Polland and £5000 for Wallece.

Interesting, thanks David. Like learning wee factoids like that. It doesn’t change my opinion, but it genuinely is nice to learn wee bits and bobs as we go along. 👍

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

His dad will be just looking out for his son like any other dad would son for their son.  He now has choices and ultimately it’ll come down to what’s best for his son and nothing else.  Our club won’t even come into their thinking with regards to a transfer fee I would guess.

He can go to Celtic and live at home where his dad will be able to keep him on the straight and narrow. Not that I’m suggesting he’s not a level headed boy. He’s still young and maybe the plan will be to move him on when he’s 22 for a huge fee. Probably following the blueprint of Andy Robertson. If he fulfils his potential then he could be filthy rich as a young man. 

I wish the young lad well in his career. It’s a shame that we won’t be able to cash in on him but there’s no need to give him the abuse that some posters have aimed his way. 

Good luck Aaron. I’ll always think of you as  a jambo! 

Good luck Aaron not, goes there I would be surprised bearing in mind we have turned them down so many times. I was told Ms Budge did not want to deal with them as they will want him on cheap with no sell on as they are due a cut anyway.

As for you saying we won't be able to cash in on him, dear oh dear.

21 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

You're right that we sold Wallace for less than he was worth, even in the pre-Bosman era. What has changed since then is how much power individual players have, and that paradoxically means more power to the bigger clubs, making the gulf between Hearts and Celtic (and between Celtic and the top European sides) much greater.

The solidarity I described was how I felt in 1967 and, no doubt, that was entirely my father's influence. He was a good man, very fair-minded, and Hearts through and through.

Nowadays, I take much less interest in what Scottish clubs (apart from HMFC) do in Europe. When Celtic played in the Europa final not so very long ago, I was at a conference. Although many colleagues spent the evening in front of the TV, I just popped my head round the door from time to time to check the score and felt fairly indifferent to the proceedings to be honest.

By contrast, when Aberdeen won the Cup Winners Cup, I watched every minute and cheered them on. Similarly Dundee United when they were a force to be reckoned with. 

And now, with Covid and all the recent shenanigans, we are meant to hate just about everyone. Hard times.

Edited by 4marsbars

49 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

We won’t have to make that call though. He either goes abroad this summer and we get £1.5-2m less 30% or he goes to Celtic in January for no more than £150k. In the hierarchy of who wins on this deal unless he goes abroad we are big losers. Celtic can only win as can Hickey. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not very ambitious but he knows he will have a career there. 

Would not sell now though. Pointless. Give them every individual you will,  pull plug at last minute 

26 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Not the way agents work nowadays. They negotiate a fee with the selling club. 

It's a valiant attempt at rage by many posters.  How dare Hickey want to play for Celtic!

Look, if we had our act together - hell, even if we'd finished 10th in the premiership - we'd be in a much stronger position.  As it stands, we are a shambles and Hickey - being a decent young player - is quite right to pick wherever he wants to go.  It's actually ridiculous that folk think celtic isn't a good option for him, if he chooses them.  Obviously we'd all prefer him to go to Bayern (or anyone but Celtic!), but to say it's not a good move for him is total shite.  Kilmarnock would be a decent move for him at the moment! (and no offence to Kilmarnock, I just mean they are in a better place to develop Hickey than we are at present!)

6 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

You're right that we sold Wallace for less than he was worth, even in the pre-Bosman era. What has changed since then is how much power individual players have, and that paradoxically means more power to the bigger clubs, making the gulf between Hearts and Celtic (and between Celtic and the top European sides) much greater.

The solidarity I described was how I felt in 1967 and, no doubt, that was entirely my father's influence. He was a good man, very fair-minded, and Hearts through and through.

Nowadays, I take much less interest in what Scottish clubs (apart from HMFC) do in Europe. When Celtic played in the Europa final not so very long ago, I was at a conference. Although many colleagues spent the evening in front of the TV, I just popped my head round the door from time to time to check the score and felt fairly indifferent to the proceedings to be honest.

By contrast, when Aberdeen won the Cup Winners Cup, I watched every minute and cheered them on. Similarly Dundee United when they were a force to be reckoned with. 

And now, with Covid and all the recent shenanigans, we are meant to hate just about everyone. Hard times.

I was being genuine when I said I respect how you felt about it. In all honesty, I’d love to go back to being a kid and not realising how vile these clubs actually are. I’d still support my country when they played football too... that will never happen again unless there’s a Hearts player in the team.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

So if reports are correct then they rate Turnbull as worth 7-8 times what Hickey is  ?????