Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

54 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

We all have them, tbh: Friends who support other clubs. The husband of a friend of mine (who I probably also consider a good friend nowadays) supports them. I tell him frequently that I utterly despise his football club and wish them nothing but misery. 😄🤷‍♂️

There is a man who goes to my pub who is Celtic, but whose son is far more sensible as he supports Hearts and I believe is always telling his dad how he hates Celtic. The father I should say is a very nice person.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Also tapped cruickie but he said no

They also tapped  Chris Shevlane. He left the club supposedly unable to train or play because of a recurring injury asked for his contract to be terminated because of that and signed for them three months later. No doubt he was tapped. 

1 minute ago, David Black said:

There is a man who goes to my pub who is Celtic, but whose son is far more sensible as he supports Hearts and I believe is always telling his dad how he hates Celtic. The father I should say is a very nice person.

Topically, the Celtic fan I know lives in Germany now.

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

They also tapped  Chris Shevlane. He left the club supposedly unable to train or play because of a recurring injury asked for his contract to be terminated because of that and signed for them three months later. No doubt he was tapped. 

Yet more evidence of just how massive a club Celtic are. :rofl:

17 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Also tapped cruickie but he said no

Cruickie was a true Hearts legend! 👍❤️

40 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Maybe Stein was there that day!

Was a long time ago, but I remember his form plummeted, and some fans even booing him.

That is correct. He did not look interested in the league decider against Killie!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, salvo69 said:

You have to have more ambition than just joining the best team in your country. Look at Alphonso Davies from Munich (19 year old). He’s just won the CL and German League and his family were refugees then he ended up in Canada and played football.

dont dream about being the best in your country dream about being the best.

the problem with Scots players is they see playing first team football as the pinnacle and they just rest on their laurels and not work hard enough

although I have no time for Riordan, O Connor and Griffiths they all had exceptional talent that could have left a legacy for club and country but they never put the work in

Riordan is only 37 and hasn’t kicked a ball for 3 years while Ronaldo is the same age and setting scoring records in the top flight in Serie A.....it’s all about your dedication and work ethic but also your mindset 

Aaron probe me wrong and sign for Bayern and use Alphonso as inspiration 

Those three really should be sitting as multi millionaires with great careers and around 200 Scotland caps combined, striker being a position the national team has struggled in. Hibs class prevented it though. 

upgotheheads

Willie Wallace was a bona fide transfer deal which we can't  argue about. Andy Lynch was a different matter though, I heard years later from someone who would be in a position to know that Stein had tapped Lynch, and told him just to get himself into the Hearts reserves by not trying too hard. Lynch was a winger at Hearts who never quite performed as well as he should have, and sure enough Stein came in and made an offer. Celtic turned him into a full-back though which might have been a factor.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Hickey’s agent has had everyone on strings all summer. He’s wanted by the European champions and also has a chance to go to Serie A.

But no, he’d rather join Celtic.

50 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Maybe Stein was there that day!

Was a long time ago, but I remember his form plummeted, and some fans even booing him.

Another game I remember around then was my first trip to Easter Road. We lost 3-1, and the headline in the Pink was along the lines of 'Wallace booked and misses penalty', which supports your position. I was too young to notice drops in form, though well able to spot things like four goals in a half, missed penalty, or booking (which was a big deal in those days).

The next time I saw Wallace he scored, though.......

Celtic beat Hearts 3-0 and he scored from a direct free-kick just outside the box. Later Cruickshank would save Gemmell's penalty, only for it to be retaken because he had moved before the ball was kicked.

A trip down memory lane.

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Celtic have offered us £400k minus their 25/30% sell on.

Who cares if he goes for a development fee at the end of the season instead? 🤷‍♂️

Let him rot if sellick don't meet our valuation 

so basically, the Italians are saying they are in pole position for him, some punter from the Glasgow media has suggested that Celtic are set to sign him.....who to believe.... probably neither as they both talk utter pish to keep themselves in with the locals

3fingersreid
52 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He would learn more at Bayer in one year,more than several years at Celtic.

You know that , I know that ,anyone with a brain knows that BUT it’s selik and he’s from a selik family 

45 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yet more evidence of just how massive a club Celtic are. :rofl:

In the grand scheme of world football, Celtic are a nothing except in their own minds and the Glasgow media. 

Play him in every game between now and the end of the season. May as well get your money's worth. Just lethis agent know how much bad luck we've had with injuries recently. 

4 minutes ago, David Black said:

In the grand scheme of world football, Celtic are a nothing except in their own minds and the Glasgow media. 

Won’t get an argument from me.

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Play him in every game between now and the end of the season. May as well get your money's worth. Just lethis agent know how much bad luck we've had with injuries recently. 

Brellier to take the training drills?

SectionDJambo
30 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Willie Wallace was a bona fide transfer deal which we can't  argue about. Andy Lynch was a different matter though, I heard years later from someone who would be in a position to know that Stein had tapped Lynch, and told him just to get himself into the Hearts reserves by not trying too hard. Lynch was a winger at Hearts who never quite performed as well as he should have, and sure enough Stein came in and made an offer. Celtic turned him into a full-back though which might have been a factor.

It’s a measure of how much Jock Stein lost the plot at Celtic, towards his end there, that he signed Andy Lynch. He was never more than average and only got to play in a very average Celtic team, by their Lisbon Lions standards.

Stein didn’t seem to have the same magic after his car accident.

Ok I may be off my head but there's no way I'd sell him to Celtic. I'd put it to Hickey we'll sell you to an English, Italy, German or other except Celtic. You can kick your heels here for a season or move to another country. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

If he chooses celtic over Bayern or bologna it would have cost us about £1.2m. 

Hearts will be bothered, even if you're not. 

There is a difference in being bothered and being able to do anything about it!

If there is little difference between a tic offer and the development fee then just play him for a year!

Allowayjambo1874
52 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I know his brother. Your story is 100% accurate. Even worse the difference in wages between Celtic and Hearts was negligible. 

Edited by Allowayjambo1874

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

You know that , I know that ,anyone with a brain knows that BUT it’s selik and he’s from a selik family 

Celtic family ot not,couple of plonkers if they choose that.

48 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ok I may be off my head but there's no way I'd sell him to Celtic. I'd put it to Hickey we'll sell you to an English, Italy, German or other except Celtic. You can kick your heels here for a season or move to another country. 

Thats how I feel about the situation,if decides to go to Celtic he is sptting in our eyes.

3fingersreid
31 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Celtic family ot not,couple of plonkers if they choose that.

Yep I agree , he’s got the chance to learn not just football but about life . 

Deepfriedpizza

People comparing playing with Brown and that to playing with Muller are off their head. Hickey wouldn't be in that Bayern squad ffs... He'd be in the development squad and looking at the differences between him and Davies for example - the current Bayern RB: there is over a year difference in age but one of them is amazing at the highest level and let's be honest, the other is not. This will hardly change in the next year or two, will it? They'll end up with a better left back and Hickey will need to weigh up his options again. 

It's up to him where he wants to go. He owes nobody anything. He's played with Celtic before as well and is also a Celtic fan, remember!

People wishing him, an 18 year old boy ill, is shocking tbh.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Deepfriedpizza said:

People comparing playing with Brown and that to playing with Muller are off their head. Hickey wouldn't be in that Bayern squad ffs... He'd be in the development squad and looking at the differences between him and Davies for example - the current Bayern RB: there is over a year difference in age but one of them is amazing at the highest level and let's be honest, the other is not. This will hardly change in the next year or two, will it? They'll end up with a better left back and Hickey will need to weigh up his options again. 

It's up to him where he wants to go. He owes nobody anything. He's played with Celtic before as well and is also a Celtic fan, remember!

Celtic can have him if they pay the £1.2-£1.8m. Hickey will always wonder what might have been, especially as there's a good chance Celtic may struggle to get above Rangers in the league this year and they're going to do nothing in Europe.

1 minute ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

Naw it's no. 

*career wise that is. Nobody is wishing him personal harm remember.

14 minutes ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

**** off! :rofl:

If he ****s us over by signing for Celtic for peanuts, I wish him nothing but absolute misery, every single second of his footballing career.

Deepfriedpizza
Just now, Beast Boy said:

**** off! :rofl:

If he ****s us over by signing for Celtic for peanuts, I wish him nothing but absolute misery, every single second of his footballing career.

Hardly. Just say he wants to sign for Celtic.... You expect him to move himself abroad just so the club can get money? 🤣

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Weegie press getting desperate .Making up shite. Should be a law against it.

As predicted. And so far, hats off to both him and his dad for avoiding commenting via the media.

Quite a few quick to jump to conclusion posters may need to think twice before throwing insults around easily.

Deepfriedpizza
2 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

As predicted. And so far, hats off to both him and his dad for avoiding commenting via the media.

Quite a few quick to jump to conclusion posters may need to think twice before throwing insults around easily.

Agreed

1 minute ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

Hardly. Just say he wants to sign for Celtic.... You expect him to move himself abroad just so the club can get money? 🤣

Reading your previous posts, I don’t think you are even a Hearts supporter. As I said, I don’t support Hickey, and I certainly don’t support Celtic.

If we lose out on the player and a decent transfer fee, then I hope he breaks down in his first game for Celtic, and barely kicks a ball after that. Then he can retire and head along to Celtic games with his dad and Liam, and twirl his jammies every time they score. :) 

3 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

If the media misrepresented the facts then it's not the fault of people on here who took it in good faith.

10 minutes ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

Hardly.

4 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

They've not made another offer since the £400k (c£240k minus their sell on percentage) apparently. 

Another who just ignores the word “if” when trying to abuse other posters. 🤔

IF Hickey ****s us over by signing for peanuts for Celtic, then he can go **** himself. Same with his Timmy Dad, and the same with his Timmy agent.

Deepfriedpizza
7 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Reading your previous posts, I don’t think you are even a Hearts supporter. As I said, I don’t support Hickey, and I certainly don’t support Celtic.

If we lose out on the player and a decent transfer fee, then I hope he breaks down in his first game for Celtic, and barely kicks a ball after that. Then he can retire and head along to Celtic games with his dad and Liam, and twirl his jammies every time they score. :) 

Oh no... You got me. 😂

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Andy Lynch was a full back with Hearts.

37 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Thought Bologna had given a Monday deadline? 

That is what I read on Sunday.  Someone posted a link today saying it's Thursday now :lol:  I think it will be done by this week, before this months out.

Willie Hamilton genius
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That is correct. He did not look interested in the league decider against Killie!

For those too young to remember, in my opinion that disaster was more painful than the Dens disaster many years later