Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We better have a sell on clause as well

I understand the frustration but you can only sell for what someone is willing to pay. I’ll just be happy as long as he doesn’t join the shite in Glasgow. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

As I said earlier in the thread, Bayern didn't agree with Hearts valuation and it would appear they haven't even submitted a bid. Let's hope Bologna pay a good fee.

Seems strange considering they even flew him over to Munich. Maybe thy are getting these boys from Celtic really cheap and thought do the same to us

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I'd sell him for 500k with a 20% sell-on clause as he will be sold to someone bigger than Bologna for insane money.

Why would you do that when we can sell him for 1.3m and have a 20%sell on clause 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Seems strange considering they even flew him over to Munich. Maybe thy are getting these boys from Celtic really cheap and thought do the same to us

Or maybe they were going to sign him and then loan him out to his beloved heroes 😕

Ibrahim Tall
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

You can get flights to Munich for ~£100 it’s not exactly a massive expense for them whatever airline he got there by. 
Tbh given the general ‘pull’ of a club like Bayern they don’t need to put a huge effort in, probably expected him to go home with his head turned and Force through a move himself. For whatever reason he doesn’t seem to have done that.

SectionDJambo
53 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Barry Hepburn departed the mighty Celtic yesterday 👍🏻

5D3A91B7-73A2-452F-9978-A4BC43A802F7.png

His family had better watch their house. TGFITW will be round to tell them off for implying that Bayern are better than Celtic.

15 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

May not be completely over... 'first offer'.. maybe something else incoming?

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2020/8/28/21405076/aaron-hickey-transfer-news-rumors-bayern-munich-bologna-first-team-reserves-3liga-serie-a/comment/530894709

Bologna makes first offer for Bayern Munich target Aaron Hickey

Bayern Munich have been targeting the young left back for some time; however, Bologna has made the first offer.

upgotheheads
10 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Budge valued him at 1.5m..

I think bologna bid 1.3m on Tuesday as the only bid overall. 

That's been rejected, so waiting on another or nothing 😔 

This could get dragged out another week or two as was quoted from Robbie there. 

Unless another club come dashing in to make their intentions clear, significant offer, accept, done. 

Getting frightfully tedious. 

maybe the problem is the sell-on percentage (or lack off).

Is the deadline August 31st?

10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Transfer window doesn’t close until 5th October 

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Italy - 1 September to 5 October

Germany - 15 July to 5 October 

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Plenty of time for the JKB bed wetters to really get their knickers in an even bigger twist by then...get the rubber sheets ready.

32 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

They won't be paying fortunes for the Celtic laddies. Especially if they are getting them at 16. Probably be development fee, which won't be huge at that point. I've thought for a while we should be looking to partner up with an EPL or top European team where there is a clear path to the EPL or europe, in the hope that it allows us to start signing the top youngsters who generally do go to rangers or celtic.

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Italy - 1 September to 5 October

Germany - 15 July to 5 October 

Sounds like AB is  not prepared just to take the first bid. Hopefully and auction will happen😊

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, brux said:

I'm surprised that Robbie said it was miles off but Anne said it was not a million miles away from what we wanted.

'a million miles' minus 'miles' = ?

6 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

'a million miles' minus 'miles' = ?

So, in your analogy, who is Baldrick? 🤔

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Flying to Bologna,  1.5m deal agreed according to the scum

Good stuff, hopefully we have managed to insert a decent sell on fee. 

Good on the laddie for breaking out of the goldfish bowl and not taking the easy way out. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Good on the laddie for breaking out of the goldfish bowl and not taking the easy way out. 

Totally agree,  getting out of Scotland is a positive for any player wanting a full development 

jamboinglasgow
32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Totally agree,  getting out of Scotland is a positive for any player wanting a full development 

I agree, though it is a big risk of a move from him compared to if he moved to Bayern. He needs to adapt to a new lifestyle, a new style of football in one of the best leagues in the world, which can be tough at 18. But if he does manage then the rewards are big. Stand out for Bologna in Serie A and bigger clubs will be after him (and Scotland call up as well.)

One big thing is that Bologna really want him, certainly from the endless talk in Italian media about wanting him. Certainly taking a 18 year old Scot with only 33 competitive senior games to be the 2nd choice left back is a big gamble so they must believe in him. 

My worry is that they have tried to say whatever they can to get him there, and once he signs send him on loan for the next few seasons.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Brilliant all around if it happens! everybody happy and relaxed.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree, though it is a big risk of a move from him compared to if he moved to Bayern. He needs to adapt to a new lifestyle, a new style of football in one of the best leagues in the world, which can be tough at 18. But if he does manage then the rewards are big. Stand out for Bologna in Serie A and bigger clubs will be after him (and Scotland call up as well.)

One big thing is that Bologna really want him, certainly from the endless talk in Italian media about wanting him. Certainly taking a 18 year old Scot with only 33 competitive senior games to be the 2nd choice left back is a big gamble so they must believe in him. 

My worry is that they have tried to say whatever they can to get him there, and once he signs send him on loan for the next few seasons.

Maybe he'll change his mind and stay until the end of the season. 

11 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Flying to Bologna,  1.5m deal agreed according to the scum

I'll believe it when I see it. In 20 minutes they'll be saying he's on the road to Glasgow with a tricolour flag flying from the car.

That article reads that the clubs have come to an agreement and once they do, what needs to happen next.

The other party involved needs to agree too.

Would be lovely if it's a £1.5m loan fee with an agreement to sell for £1 at the end of the season. We could send Cellic* their 30p in a brown paper envelope with a big smiley face on the front.

I would like to see a fund set up within the academy to buy promising youngsters, rather than make agreements with clubs like Celtic on sell on fees.

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would like to see a fund set up within the academy to buy promising youngsters, rather than make agreements with clubs like Celtic on sell on fees.

Would rather it was kept aside and invested back into the first team next season, and that the academy is improved from within so we produce our own promising youngsters rather than buy them from elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would rather it was kept aside and invested back into the first team next season, and that the academy is improved from within so we produce our own promising youngsters rather than buy them from elsewhere. 

It seems like we still have the situation where Celtic and Rangers academy are hoovering talent up. Obviously, we're starting to see results which is encouraging, but don't want to be in the situation where we're handing 30% of a fee which could make a huge difference to our club to a club where it won't even cover the wage bill for a week. 

I dont think we'll ever see the like again of something like Gordon's fee at Hearts....let alone half of it.

Money is too much of an incentive. Even some League 1 clubs down south can double or triple wages we can offer which means even half decent talent can get their heads turned at an early stage in their career.

Obviously if Hickey had signed an extension then sure we'd ask for more. It'll need to be a really exceptional talent who is a die hard Hearts fan who is intent on staying before we see a big transfer fee again.

I dont see Hickey making it as big as someone like Robertson or Tierney.....but i really hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

It seems like we still have the situation where Celtic and Rangers academy are hoovering talent up. Obviously, we're starting to see results which is encouraging, but don't want to be in the situation where we're handing 30% of a fee which could make a huge difference to our club to a club where it won't even cover the wage bill for a week. 

Probably the best route for the short term. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

I'd ultimately like to see the FoH money being used to buy a couple of the best players in academies as they turn 16 every year and also to buy the best young guys who have already made the breakthrough at clubs outwith the OF (like McCann at St J or Campbell at Motherwell for instance) to supplement what is coming out of the academy.

55 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I dont think we'll ever see the like again of something like Gordon's fee at Hearts....let alone half of it.

Money is too much of an incentive. Even some League 1 clubs down south can double or triple wages we can offer which means even half decent talent can get their heads turned at an early stage in their career.

Obviously if Hickey had signed an extension then sure we'd ask for more. It'll need to be a really exceptional talent who is a die hard Hearts fan who is intent on staying before we see a big transfer fee again.

I dont see Hickey making it as big as someone like Robertson or Tierney.....but i really hope I'm wrong.

I don't know, Aberdeen had that obscene offer for McKenna (£7m Villa, £5m Celtic & Stoke). Its not quite the £9m, but its not a kick in the arse off it. 

Its about McKinlay running our day to day affairs correctly and Budge's long term strategy being allowed to play out successfully. Once our turnover grows a bit we'll be in a better overall position to offer contracts which can compete better with the money on offer down south. Ultimately, if an EPL/top championship side comes in, we've lost the player. No point disputing that, but if we can focus on growing our turnover year on year, we might be able to fend off lower championship sides and league 1 & 2 sides a lot better in time. 

IMO our biggest problem is that we can't convince youngsters to sign the extension we need them to so we can maximise their transfer fee. If Walker, Paterson, Nicholson & Hickey we'd have had a good few million into the coffers but agents get involved and it all turns to shit. 

27 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't know, Aberdeen had that obscene offer for McKenna (£7m Villa, £5m Celtic & Stoke). Its not quite the £9m, but its not a kick in the arse off it. 

Its about McKinlay running our day to day affairs correctly and Budge's long term strategy being allowed to play out successfully. Once our turnover grows a bit we'll be in a better overall position to offer contracts which can compete better with the money on offer down south. Ultimately, if an EPL/top championship side comes in, we've lost the player. No point disputing that, but if we can focus on growing our turnover year on year, we might be able to fend off lower championship sides and league 1 & 2 sides a lot better in time. 

IMO our biggest problem is that we can't convince youngsters to sign the extension we need them to so we can maximise their transfer fee. If Walker, Paterson, Nicholson & Hickey we'd have had a good few million into the coffers but agents get involved and it all turns to shit. 

Agree with last paragraph but I wouldn't say its just the agents fault. It's criminal we received less than £1m for Paterson. 

Recruitment and squad management has been awful for far too long. 

One thing we need to do in order to progress is knowing we aren't going to keep hold of promising players forever but to ensure we get good transfer fees for them to enable us to reinvest and replace. Much bigger teams than us do it and are successful. 

Edited by Ari Gold

SM Sheffield
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

If the wage cap comes in then League 1 clubs in England won’t be outbidding us with wages moving forwards. I’m still sceptical it will happen but if it does that will help Hearts compete

Smoked-Glass
15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Including Gary o Connor 🤣

The transfer window doesn't open in Italy until Tuesday so hopefully there is news after this

Edited by Newton51

2 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Agree with last paragraph but I wouldn't say its just the agents fault. It's criminal we received less than £1m for Paterson. 

Recruitment and squad management has been awful for far too long. 

One thing we need to do in order to progress is knowing we aren't going to keep hold of promising players forever but to ensure we get good transfer fees for them to enable us to reinvest and replace. Much bigger teams than us do it and are successful. 

How do you get players to sign contracts when they don't want to ?

Hickey turned 18  in June . Hearts tried to get him to sign a new contract . The player already knew he was moving up the ladder .

Signing a new contract would [could] have caused a hiccup in his next move .

Why would he do that ?

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

How do you get players to sign contracts when they don't want to ?

Hickey turned 18  in June . Hearts tried to get him to sign a new contract . The player already knew he was moving up the ladder .

Signing a new contract would [could] have caused a hiccup in his next move .

Why would he do that ?

I'm sure he would have been interested in signing a contract after playing in a cup final. 

I very much doubt he (or his dad) was wanting to move on from hearts when he was 16/17 with limited first team experience. 

Im disappointed that we are losing Hickey so soon but I think a fee of £1.5m when we're in the championship isn't the worst. 

allystrachan

1.5 million for a kid that we have had in our first team for 1 year (where we played utter crap)  who only has 1 year left on his contract. Can’t really grumble at that.