Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

Horatio Caine

This merry go round of will he won't he, Italy  or Germany is indeed getting very tedious.  What I think will happen is that just when we all think he's bound for the continent, the Mhanks will `swoop` at the last minute and take the praise for keeping a bright young talent playing in the Premiership where he  can be close to home and further develop.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The laddie is probably getting too many people giving him advice it can’t be easy for young Hickey. 
No 17 year old should have this dragging on with the pressure of offers from a number of clubs.

It must be easier if one club comes in and it’s a straight choice between staying at your club or 

accepting the move.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The laddie is probably getting too many people giving him advice it can’t be easy for young Hickey. 
No 17 year old should have this dragging on with the pressure of offers from a number of clubs.

It must be easier if one club comes in and it’s a straight choice between staying at your club or 

accepting the move.

Over the years I have seen two things that often ruin the careers of promising young players  - one being greedy agents who only really have eyes for making money out of their client. The other being parents trying to live their dreams through the lives of their kids. I hope that Hickey is switched on enough to realise he has huge opportunities if he takes the right path in all of this. 

FarmerTweedy
12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

accepting the move.

What about Aaron Hickey though?

Bologna wanted Hickey in before their Pre-season starts, that's what the deadline's for.  But the Transfer window opens on 1st September.

Training at 10 tomorrow before heading to Pinzolo

The team will train tomorrow morning at 10:00 CEST, with one final session behind closed doors at the training centre. The squad will then travel by coach to the Corona Hotel in Pinzolo (TN) at 15:00 CEST, the location of their pre-season training camp until 5 September, when they face Feralpisalò in a friendly. The training camp has been organised in collaboration with Dolomiti Sport Event, the Madonna di Campiglio Pinzolo Val Rendena tourist agency and the Pinzolo city council.

If they get him tonight he could be available for Thursday.  Or even early Thursday morning, might be a bit rough.

Another thing I read through a tough translation was a report or rumor that Celtic put over 2 million offer in for him.  Since that's been debunked via Scottish media, I am not sure where they got it from, "the source".

The White Cockade

People are getting carried away here 

99% of these Hickey stories in the press or on here are just rumours/rubbish

if he does want to move why would he rush it just to keep KB posters happy?

The boy is far from the finished article and would unlikely be a starter at Celtic let alone Bologna or Bayern this coming season 

He may decide to stay a season for experience and move on next year for nothing 

There is not a lot Hearts can do about it And absolutely nothing we can go about it except wait and see what happens

39 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

People are getting carried away here 

99% of these Hickey stories in the press or on here are just rumours/rubbish

if he does want to move why would he rush it just to keep KB posters happy?

The boy is far from the finished article and would unlikely be a starter at Celtic let alone Bologna or Bayern this coming season 

He may decide to stay a season for experience and move on next year for nothing 

There is not a lot Hearts can do about it And absolutely nothing we can go about it except wait and see what happens

You’ve got a wee soft spot for the mhanks, eh?

20 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Bayern not fancying the fee Hearts want from what I’ve heard. 

With the money Bayern have made from winning  the champions league and in general then its a bloody cheek!

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

With the money Bayern have made from winning  the champions league and in general then its a bloody cheek!

I also suspect it’s bullshit.

maroonlegions
32 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Bayern not fancying the fee Hearts want from what I’ve heard. 

You heard you say, were did you hear it?? got any links to it ??or was it from a Hibby..???

5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

You heard you say, were did you hear it?? got any links to it ??or was it from a Hibby..???

Like I’m going to say where the information came from. But it’s 100%. 

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Like I’m going to say where the information came from. But it’s 100%. 

Yeah, okay. :lol:

Could you answer this one instead? Are you Hickey’s Dad, his agent, or just a friend?

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

There was a story on Facebook of a WhatsApp that there was a bolongoli Hickey swap on the cards. Sounds like BS

😂

12 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yeah, okay. :lol:

Could you answer this one instead? Are you Hickey’s Dad, his agent, or just a friend?

I couldn’t really give a **** what you think beast.

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I couldn’t really give a **** what you think beast.

:verysmug:

I’ll just stick with my own thoughts on the matter then. Suspect you are somewhat biased when it comes to this saga.

6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

:verysmug:

I’ll just stick with my own thoughts on the matter then. Suspect you are somewhat biased when it comes to this saga.

That’s what to do

Heartsofgold

Let's be honest, only Hickey and his closest advisers know what is going on in the young mans head.  To me, the choice is easy.  See a bit more of the world and learn at one of the best clubs in the lad or drop into this shitfight fish bowl that is the Glaswegian cesspit of football?  

I hope he's got good advisers and confidants that will genuinely look after his (bright looking) future but as others have said, if he signs for that shit stain of a club in the west of our country I wish him the worst possible health to his career.  Narrow and small minded I know but I do not support Hickey, I support Hearts and I want us to get the best value for our sellable assets.

Edited by Heartsofgold

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

only Hickey and his closest advisers know what is going on in the young mans head.

Indeed. Wonder if any of them are on Kickback? 🤔

Heartsofgold
6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I've been wondering that myself for weeks Beast.  The number of agents, advisers, doctors, physios, coaches and tacticians that are on KB is a wonder to behold at times.

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

I've been wondering that myself for weeks Beast.  The number of agents, advisers, doctors, physios, coaches and tacticians that are on KB is a wonder to behold at times.

:D 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I imagine Hickey and his closest advisors dont do a thing until they come onto Kickback to find out what it is they are doing.

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

It's all the home working.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

It's all the home working.

Change the 'o' and 'r' to 'a' and 'n' and I think your getting there.

46 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

There was a story on Facebook of a WhatsApp that there was a bolongoli Hickey swap on the cards. Sounds like BS

A nice wee convienient transfer for celtic which solves all celtics problems PLUS they get a bargain. 

AYE RIGHT THATS TRUE

Edited by brux

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

I imagine Hickey and his closest advisors dont do a thing until they come onto Kickback to find out what it is they are doing.

Indeed. Although they probably post more on Kerrydale Street, I’d imagine.

Heartsofgold
47 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Aye cos Bolongoli is going to swap £10k+ a week for the £2k he would get from us!!  Get real and file that shite down via Seafield.

5 minutes ago, brux said:

A nice wee convienient transfer for celtic which solves all celtics problems PLUS they get a bargain. 

AYE RIGHT THATS TRUE

Have to hand it to him and his dad, they are keeping well schtum on this, one minute he has signed for Bayern, next minute Bologna issuing deadlines, then Celtic snatching him last minute, looks to me like everybody is in the dark and hoping their guess turns out to be correct so they can claim ITK (not just JKBers I mean).

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

You’ve got a wee soft spot for the mhanks, eh?

Not me mate

hate the Old Firm

Only Hearts

2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Not me mate

hate the Old Firm

Only Hearts

Apologies. Was a shitty thing to ask. :lol:

41 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on kickback that Robbie and the rest of the people running the club don't confide in. I feel the club don't value me by not telling what is happening. Am I alone? Have i accide tally joined an internal chat room for the club, one full of staff nostalgic for ex players?

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Qc, lawyers and judges as well, not to mention accountants. 

We are an educated lot on here. 

1 minute ago, JamboAndrew said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on kickback that Robbie and the rest of the people running the club don't confide in. I feel the club don't value me by not telling what is happening. Am I alone? Have i accide tally joined an internal chat room for the club, one full of staff nostalgic for ex players?

:rofl:

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

not exactly rare professions in Edinburgh 😂

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There are many world class scientists from across the spectrum who contribute regularly to debate in this space.

Peer reviewed and published in the shed.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

not exactly rare professions in Edinburgh 😂

Quite, for one to be them all, along with being a football manager, coach and adviser is. 

33 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Have to hand it to him and his dad, they are keeping well schtum on this, one minute he has signed for Bayern, next minute Bologna issuing deadlines, then Celtic snatching him last minute, looks to me like everybody is in the dark and hoping their guess turns out to be correct so they can claim ITK (not just JKBers I mean).

Their league starts on the 14th  of September afaik , they want cover for left wing/back.  Their pre-season starts Thursday., it finishes 5th September.  They haven't got a lot of time, and they want cover, they might get impatient and just get a cheaper option somewhere else.  That's all it is, it's a cheap option with potential.  Apparently their original targets were a tad expensive.  

Heartsofgold
34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Forgot about those armchair professionals.  How could I!!!

Really pisses me off - boyle signs a new 2 yr deal which gives hibs more chance of a transfer fee. Our wee boy could do the same,  but no. 

7 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Really pisses me off - boyle signs a new 2 yr deal which gives hibs more chance of a transfer fee. Our wee boy could do the same,  but no. 

Not for the first time. Shame on the player but also shame on Hearts for the woeful negotiating skills.

10 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

1 minute ago, Pilmuir said:

Not for the first time. Shame on the player but also shame on Hearts for the woeful negotiating skills.

Really?

You're comparing Boyle to Hickey?

Boyle is 27. He's not advancing his career much now. Maybe one last move...but maybe not. I don't think he's signed on longer to benefit Hibs.......

19 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Nothing has happened yet. We might still get a good fee for him. 

Rick Sanchez

Tin hat on here...prepared for the backlash...but how many assists has he got? He's never really impressed me going forward but was immense against Forrest in the final and is fairly solid defensively.

He would do well at Bolonga but would learn more at Bayern. Get a decent fee with a decent sell on and let's move on. I think we could do better at left back but I know it's all about the potential with Hickey.

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

They would have sold Boyle in a flash for anything over 500k if anyone had wanted him.

47 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Tin hat on here...prepared for the backlash...but how many assists has he got? He's never really impressed me going forward but was immense against Forrest in the final and is fairly solid defensively.

He would do well at Bolonga but would learn more at Bayern. Get a decent fee with a decent sell on and let's move on. I think we could do better at left back but I know it's all about the potential with Hickey.

It doesn't really matter what clowns like you and I think though does it . 

When you've got clubs the calibre of Munich and Bologna after you you're obviously quality . 

We are all entitled to our opinions but we're kidding ourself if we think they're relevant compared to these guys .