Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Andy Lynch was a full back with Hearts.

No he wasn't - the only jersey he ever wore was no.11 and he played in front of Dave Clunie or Roy Kay. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ibrahim Tall
20 minutes ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

Hardly. Just say he wants to sign for Celtic.... You expect him to move himself abroad just so the club can get money? 🤣

Hickey can do what he wants but it’s delusional to expect people to be ‘happy’ and wish him well if he shafts the club over and joins a rival for a pittance.

5 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Andy Lynch was a left winger we replaced when Celtic freed Bobby Prentice

Correct.

36 minutes ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

People comparing playing with Brown and that to playing with Muller are off their head. Hickey wouldn't be in that Bayern squad ffs... He'd be in the development squad and looking at the differences between him and Davies for example - the current Bayern RB: there is over a year difference in age but one of them is amazing at the highest level and let's be honest, the other is not. This will hardly change in the next year or two, will it? They'll end up with a better left back and Hickey will need to weigh up his options again. 

It's up to him where he wants to go. He owes nobody anything. He's played with Celtic before as well and is also a Celtic fan, remember!

People wishing him, an 18 year old boy ill, is shocking tbh.

Bayern are strrets ahead of celtic in everyway,as a young progressing footballer,why would you not want not go there?

Would show me a lack of ambition.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Nope. He was a left winger with us and became a left back after he joined Celtic

1 minute ago, ford donald said:

Bayern are strrets ahead of celtic in everyway,as a young progressing footballer,why would you not want not go there?

Would show me a lack of ambition.

Aye, but he’d miss his Mum’s stovies and his Celtic bedspread. 🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

**** off! :rofl:

If he ****s us over by signing for Celtic for peanuts, I wish him nothing but absolute misery, every single second of his footballing career.

absolutely this

16 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Nope. He was a left winger with us and became a left back after he joined Celtic

Left back I'm afraid.

37 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wrong mate. Stein made him a full back.

If he was considering Celtic, this media frenzy will hopefully force him to see the light. 

Get out of the goldfish bowl while you can and go experience another culture. Be that Bologna or Munich. 

People are pointing at Ryan Gauld as some beacon of failure yet he's still playing over there. Do you know how many youngsters big clubs chew through and spit out? Thousands. But, Gauld can now speak Portuguese and the life experience which comes with the challenge of living abroad at such a young age. He's also still a professional footballer playing top flight football. If Hickey doesn't make it at Bayern, he could still end up playing in the Bundesliga or Serie A.

Not only that he'd be escaping the cultural unprofessionalism in Scotland. 

image.jpeg.8b86f117f57b6b9a0cef5a039260ab2d.jpeg

Its such a massive opportunity for the laddie, he needs to take it. Anything less and he'll be asking himself 'what if' forever. 

49 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Andy Lynch was a winger. 100%. I saw virtually every game he played for us.

54 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

They've not made another offer since the £400k (c£240k minus their sell on percentage) apparently. 

Another who just ignores the word “if” when trying to abuse other posters. 🤔

IF Hickey ****s us over by signing for peanuts for Celtic, then he can go **** himself. Same with his Timmy Dad, and the same with his Timmy agent.

Don't think Celtic have made any offer.  Think that £400k offer has just  been thrown out there to see if see if anyone would bite.

12 minutes ago, RENE said:

Don't think Celtic have made any offer.  Think that £400k offer has just  been thrown out there to see if see if anyone would bite.

They haven’t made any “fresh offers”, their biggest offer was reportedly £400k.

3 hours ago, Castle rock said:

Let him rot if sellick don't meet our valuation 

Yep. Turn their offer down, and do not play him at any level for the rest of the contract.  Send back to train with the kids. 

1 hour ago, Musemic said:

That’s certainly how I remember Lynch. 

Italian Lambretta

Looks like the guarantee of first team footbal in his first season may have swung it in favour of Bologne.

Reading between the lines of the various news reports it looks like his dad has been seeking first team football as part of the negotiations to go to the team that offers that.

1 hour ago, Musemic said:

I'm afraid wiki agrees with everyone but you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Lynch_(footballer)

I'm getting on a bit but a fair number of his matches were spent with Peter Oliver behind him at left back

Your right - I said Roy Kay and Dave Clunie but when Peter Oliver came back from his first injury he also played behind Andy Lynch for a good few games. Shame about Peter Oliver - a great player who struggled to come back fully from injury, asked for a transfer and was eventually freed. A bit off topic but it goes to show how quickly a really promising career can disintegrate because of injury. 

1 hour ago, TorinoJambo said:

Andy Lynch was a winger. 100%. I saw virtually every game he played for us.

Correct

Neil Lennon refused to comment on Celtic's reported offer for Aaron Hickey.

It's claimed the Hoops had tabled a bid for the Hearts rising star, who has been widely linked with a move to Bayern Munich or Bologna.

But Hearts insist they have not been approached by Celtic regarding their prized asset.

Lennon was asked if the Parkhead club were in for Hickey, but he was visibly frustrated at being continually quizzed about transfers rumours at his press conference.

He said: "Stop throwing names at me, I'm just going to keep batting off the questions really, it's not really our policy to be talking about speculation."

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-news-transfers-hickey-lennon-18828677

9 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/category/sport/football/dundee-united/

Lewis Neilson 17 year old Dundee United being chased by various EPL clubs 

Dundee United saying he won’t go cheap they have I’m signed on a 3 year contract 

Surely that’s wrong .. 17 year olds can’t sign long contracts... so we are told..

Look up the rules if you don't believe it. 

9 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/category/sport/football/dundee-united/

Lewis Neilson 17 year old Dundee United being chased by various EPL clubs 

Dundee United saying he won’t go cheap they have I’m signed on a 3 year contract 

Surely that’s wrong .. 17 year olds can’t sign long contracts... so we are told..

3 years is the maximum up to 18. Nobody has said different.

14 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Look up the rules if you don't believe it. 

I'll save him the bother.

The workings of the transfer system and player registration: current set up in Scotland

63. A club in Scotland must register its players with its League (the Scottish Premier League or the Scottish Football League as appropriate) and with the national association - The Scottish Football Association. Player contracts are for a fixed term, providing protection to both the club and the player.

64. A player must be 16 years of age before he can sign a professional Player Contract. A club is prohibited from signing a player who is under 18 years of age on a contract of more than 3 years duration. In Scotland, options cannot be included in a Player Contract.

Edited by graygo

From the SFA rules -

4.3 A Player, who is under 18 years of age at the date of signing as a Professional Player upon the Registration 
Form may only be registered for a period not exceeding 3 years. Any clause referring to a longer 
duration within the relative agreement between the Player and the Club shall not be recognised and in 
such circumstances, the Player’s registration shall cease after 3 years, from the date of the signing as a 
Professional Player upon the Registration Form. 
4.4 The registration of a Player who is 18 years of age and over at the date of signing the Registration Form 
may be registered for a period up to but not exceeding 5 years from the date of the signing of the 
Registration Form. Agreements of any other length shall only be permitted if consistent with national laws.

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hope so. Be nice to wish him all the best and watch his career for a bit. The million would come in handy too. Sell on clause and everyone is happy.

Edited by Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Hope so. Be nice to wish him all the best and watch his career for a bit. The million would come in handy too. Sell on clause and everyone is happy.

Agree 👍 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Beast Boy said:

Hope so. Be nice to wish him all the best and watch his career for a bit. The million would come in handy too. Sell on clause and we everyone is happy.

I still think Bayern would be the better option, but if Bolonga are offering first team football in Serie A, that is both a big challenge that if he pushes himself to meet the challenge then it can produce big rewards as well. I really want him to do well, and hope he makes us proud.

Though looking at the comments under the tweet is funny, its got lots of Celtic fans saying he is not that good anyway or Celtic were never really interested in him.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I still think Bayern would be the better option, but if Bolonga are offering first team football in Serie A, that is both a big challenge that if he pushes himself to meet the challenge then it can produce big rewards as well. I really want him to do well, and hope he makes us proud.

Though looking at the comments under the tweet is funny, its got lots of Celtic fans saying he is not that good anyway or Celtic were never really interested in him.

Not going to read it. Celtic fans online boil my piss. Odious repugnant dicks.

Just now, Barack said:

That includes Hickey & his Dad though, aye?

Just so there are no double standards.

If Hickey moves to Bologna, and nets us a nice transfer fee and sell on clause, I’ll be happy to read whatever him or his Dad have to say. I’ll probably make the effort to actually watch him in action at some point too. 

Just not in to reading their shite when they are being smug about ****ing us over. 😄

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

From the clubs point of view, I think Bologna would be the better move. If he does well at a smaller club in Serie A, who knows what sort of money he could move on for? Not much scope for a big money move from Bayern.

I'm obviously hoping we'd get a sell on fee wedged into the deal. Probably wishful thinking, but who k

Edited by JyTees
I've had it on good authority that's his likely destination. 😉

The story is linked to sky Italy 1-2 days ago.  Possibly Monday.  Nothing new yet, Bayern or others could still counter offer.  Alot of the reports are bouncing of each other.  Main link is Gianluca Di Marcia of sky italia.  He has a twitter, nothing new of hickey.  

John Findlay
13 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Defo Andy went to lb at tic.

He did. Scoring the winning and only goal in the 1977 Scottish Cup final against the then Rangers.

John Findlay

What is apparent, is that Aaron Hickey no longer wants to play for Hearts.

As a result, I personally dont care who he plays for next. 

Thank you for your time in a Hearts jersey Aaron, I dont wish ill on you, but at the sametime I wont wish you all the best either.

Edited by John Findlay

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

What is apparent, is that Aaron Hickey no longer wants to play for Hearts.

As a result, I personally dont care who he plays for next. 

Thank you for your time in a Hearts jersey Aaron, I dont wish ill on you, but at the sametime I wont wish you all the best either.

Unless he goes to a club where we have a big sell on fee - you better be wishing him all the best then! ;)

17 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not that I recall at Hearts and when he first went to Celtic he played on the left wing and didn’t cut it so Stein tried him out at left back and that became his permanent position.

16 hours ago, Deevers said:

That’s certainly how I remember Lynch. 

That is 100% correct......I seem to remember Lynch having to leave Hearts under a bit of a cloud!.....Ralph Callachan was another who started off at Hearts as a left winger. The coach at the time, possibly John Harvey? said that Callachan would get destroyed by defenders because he had too big a stride!!!!!!....Used to make him run using a sergeant majors yard stick to measure his stride. It looked like he had a knot tied in his a*rse.

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Not that I recall at Hearts and when he first went to Celtic he played on the left wing and didn’t cut it so Stein tried him out at left back and that became his permanent position.

Correct

at the time he left for Celtic he wasn’t a regular in the side, certainly not to the level of the previous 2 seasons 

My main memories of Andy Lynch was being stretchered off at Easter Road in 1970, and scoring a header at the school end against Newcastle in the 1971 Texaco Cup