Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

Hi Aaron, I know what daddy is telling you but here's the choice:

European Champions (says a lot about your ambition)

Scottish Chumpions (says even more about your ambition!)

Or something pretty decent in between (first team football in Serie A v's Scotland - No Brainer!)

Good luck lad.  Make the correct decision and go abroad

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worthing Jambo
3 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Worked in Germany [Heidelberg] for around 8 months and loved every minute of it.

My German was poor but it was never an issue as their English was better than mine ... and better than the east end of The Weedge! 

Been to Italy numerous times and love calcio (my favourite league) but would tell him to go to Germany if I had the opportunity.

Even if that meant I didn't have another reason to to go to Bologna again.

JFDI

Used to go Heilbronn a couple of times a year on business and stayed in the hotel at the bridge in Heidelberg.

Loved it, what a lovely part of the world and I found the people were fantastic.

Stayed in a castle on a hill nearby once, can’t remember the name, but again, a great time.

They weren’t too keen on Bavarians tho!

(Edit: not the castle at Heidelberg, a hotel like a castle on the road to Heilbronn, saying that, there are a few castles around that necker of the woods!)

Edited by Worthing Jambo

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Also very keen to see the back of him now. Obviously, provided he goes abroad, its with my best wishes. But when you know a player doesn't want to be here anymore, it kinda sours things. 

I reckon if he went to Bologna we'll probably scoop a nice sell on fee eventually, but hopefully selling to Bayern would add a bit of prestige to the club and make other youngsters take note that its possible to rise to the very top, even at Hearts. It doesn't need to be the OF. 

I hope it is club policy not to sell to the OF. Can't think of much more demoralising that feeding the next generation of silverware winners for the bigots. 

It doesn't really sour it for me. Ambition at his age with his ability is the right thing. I'd be more worried actually if he didn't want to leave. He obviously has the potential to play at a higher level than the SPL (scottish pub league). Assuming he goes abroad to a big club then Im happy to see a good young Scottish and hearts player making a real go of it. Compare that to the young guys with good promise who went to the arse cheeks and never developed.

6 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Gutted for them 😜

It's a bitch,nearly as bad as being thrown out a league,soldier on as we say!

Good luck to Aaron when he goes to Italy. He'll learn how to defend there. Should be back in the dark blue soon enough. We'll done lad 👏 

Back on topic please.

I'm expecting him to decline the move and trot out the "Not the right time to move abroad" line and wait for the move to Celtic.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I used to live 25 minutes outside Bologna. It is an absolutely beautiful city. 

Whether it's Germany or Italy. Go and enjoy yersel, learn a new language and learn how to play football in 2 of the best leagues in the world.

Hopefully home sickness doesn't spoil it for you. 

Good Luck AH! 

Alex Kintner

So glad it looks like he is going to Bologna and over the moon for Aaron. There really is no competition between that move or heading through to Glasgow to sign for one of the bigot brothers in terms of football and career development. (That’s without even touching upon the cultural beauty of Italy vs East End drug culture and general shitehousery)

Edited by Alex Kintner

14 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Worked in Germany [Heidelberg] for around 8 months and loved every minute of it.

My German was poor but it was never an issue as their English was better than mine ... and better than the east end of The Weedge! 

Been to Italy numerous times and love calcio (my favourite league) but would tell him to go to Germany if I had the opportunity.

Even if that meant I didn't have another reason to to go to Bologna again.

JFDI

Given his age and the fact Italian girls are much better looking than the average German, it’s Italy every time. German is a great language for shouting at people but that’s about it.

Good to hear this in Budges interview with Barry Anderson...

“He's got advisors and his advisors are telling him that he would be better moving. We have been trying to get Aaron to sign a long-term contract for a very long time."....so not for want of trying.

And...

"Budge stated Hickey wants Hearts to benefit from a decent transfer fee regardless where he ends up."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-reveals-talks-aaron-hickeys-hearts-future-bologna-make-ps13m-bid-2955096

upgotheheads
9 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Back on topic please.

I'm expecting him to decline the move and trot out the "Not the right time to move abroad" line and wait for the move to Celtic.

I hope you're wrong. If he doesn't make it at Bologna/Bayern he would still get a chance at Celtic. If he were to flop at Celtic then he would never get a chance at a bigger club.

11 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Good to hear this in Budges interview with Barry Anderson...

“He's got advisors and his advisors are telling him that he would be better moving. We have been trying to get Aaron to sign a long-term contract for a very long time."....so not for want of trying.

And...

"Budge stated Hickey wants Hearts to benefit from a decent transfer fee regardless where he ends up."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-reveals-talks-aaron-hickeys-hearts-future-bologna-make-ps13m-bid-2955096

That's good to hear

8 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I used to live 25 minutes outside Bologna. It is an absolutely beautiful city. 

Good night life too

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

A lot more, ripped off again .

Depends what the % sell on fee is. Lower fee now with bigger sell % -  I would take this 

Just now, Hector Riva said:

Only 1.3 million? Worth more than that.

Some quotes say £1.8m so I'm guessing that £1.3m Is (roughly) what we'll get after Septic get their cut.

If £1.3m is the top figure, we'll not even clear £1m which is scandalous for a talented young lad with lots of potential.

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Depends what the % sell on fee is. Lower fee now with bigger sell % -  I would take this 

Exactly. 

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

aye depends , 

NaturalOrder74

Any moneys better than him going to great unwashed, a sell on clause and it’s a cracking bit of business in the long run 

Harry Potter
Just now, Hector Riva said:

? Still worth more than 1.3mill regardless of the sell on fee.

Bit like selling yer car to these quick sale companies☹️☹️

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Hector Riva said:

Correct bud, look at some of the obscene transfer fees in the past, this is peanuts.

Riddley Walker
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Correct bud, look at some of the obscene transfer fees in the past, this is peanuts.

He's just 18, still developing and is in the last year of his contract. Most important thing is we get a clause for a future sell-on fee. 

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

He is, but clearly not many willing to pay it.. the sell on is the key and Bologna is the best move to achieve that.

according to the interview, £1.3m was bid and budge said it's not a million miles away from what we are willing to take. so I would imagine there will be a bit of haggling going on

jamboinglasgow

Though its been known for a while the transfer would happen, Bayern have just confirmed 16 year old winger Barry Hepburn from Celtic has just signed for Bayern's U17 team. So if Hickey does move to Bayern there will be 2 other Scots there.

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wake me up when actually signs for someone......😴

Wake you up before he go, go's?

Harry Potter
39 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

He's just 18, still developing and is in the last year of his contract. Most important thing is we get a clause for a future sell-on fee. 

A very good clause bud.

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Don't Celtic get a chunk of the fee for him? Thought I'd read that somewhere.

aye be nothing left at this rate.😏

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Hector Riva said:

I wonder (and without any knowledge of how the mhanks sell clause is set up) if we accept a lower initial fee then they get their 30% or whatever. But we build in add ons over the course of his Bologna contract (number of 1st team appearances etc) that gives us more money but nothing to the mhanks? 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder (and without any knowledge of how the mhanks sell clause is set up) if we accept a lower initial fee then they get their 30% or whatever. But we build in add ons over the course of his Bologna contract (number of 1st team appearances etc) that gives us more money but nothing to the mhanks? 

I would think you are correct. They get 30% of the initial transfer fee, that's it. If they got a % of every other payment, transfer fee etc. where would it end. 

alwaysthereinspirit

Have Hearts confirmed the one and only bid was from Bayern?

If so then it would appear the local sports journalists have been caught once again doing Celtics bidding.

We really are a $#!tty wee country when it comes to football relations with regards to fans not of the green or blue persuasion.

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sure they would still get their cut of any additional transfer payments, otherwise every club selling a player with a sell on clause would sell them for a quid with an add on after 1 game etc

Had it still been Man City for example we could have arranged a bonus of say 1.5m for us taking Meshino on loan and sold them Hickey separately for a quid leaving Celtic with 30p

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

If so then it would appear the local sports journalists have been caught once again doing Celtics bidding.

We really are a $#!tty wee country when it comes to football relations with regards to fans not of the green or blue persuasion.

I’d say it’s been his agent rather than Celtic 

12 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

It was said Ann Budge / Hearts did NOT say who bid was from.

But media said Bologna quite quickly. 

Seems genuine and likely done soon.

Midloth_Iain
21 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

As it is a transaction between the UK and Italy  at least the VAT man wont get his 20% cut. All the more for us 

I assume the mafia will get their cut up front .... 🦓