SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

If we're relegated by a vote instead of being allowed to play out our games, then the SPFL should make sure we're not financially impacted by this, and that will cost them a lot of money. 

Yeah but what they should do and actually do are poles apart. They couldn’t even scrape the money together to buy Hampden and had to cap in hand to two Celtic *****, is that favour being called in.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sorry I only realised that after

I posted 👍

Scary stuff though. 

Let's hope the fans and benefactors have deep pockets. 

No prob bud...we are a strong support and will survive

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but what they should do and actually do are poles apart. They couldn’t even scrape the money together to buy Hampden and had to cap in hand to two Celtic *****, is that favour being called in.

Iirc it was 1 tim and 1 hun that split the "loan". Honestly this country is pathetic. 

NaturalOrder74

IF this was hearts would we do it ? if hibs were in united's position, I'd like to think no regardless of the bribe

I think it'll speak volumes about Dundee if they fold here, the damage is already done with regards to SFA they've been exposed big time regardless of what happens 

33 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

This is ****ing reeking of shite

Completely! I won't go to any away games to any of they f*****s that's bent over for cash, the w*****s won't see any of my cash for sure , the whole thing is as corrupt as the f*****g mafia !

SPFL are a laughing stock just now anyway so they will have no shame in trying to force Dundee to change their mind.

Dundee on the otherhand would look really foolish AND suspect if they were to change their minds after talks with the SPFL.

Edited by Gambo

Any reason why leagues 1 and 2 only have 1 rep between them and why they were also grouped together for this vote?

9 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

The sensible thing would have been for the SPFL to have made interim lower payments now to all clubs, with the intention of paying the full amount on league position when/if the season finishes.

Not often you see "sensible" and "the SPFL" in the same sentence, and today proved it.

that was i think rangers first proposal to the spfl that was rejected as unworkable or some other pish by the spfl

49 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Quite a few clubs willl be found to be taking the Shamrock pound.

Why d you think petrie is at the SFA at all??

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Any reason why leagues 1 and 2 only have 1 rep between them and why they were also grouped together for this vote?

the grouping is probably because lawell thought oh shit they will vote against it if it is league by league as league 1 would most likely vote against it

Just now, Drumjambo said:

Why d you think petrie is at the SFA at all??

because he is the latest in the line of lawell puppets

maroonsgotop
Just now, milky_26 said:

the grouping is probably because lawell thought oh shit they will vote against it if it is league by league as league 1 would most likely vote against it

yup

Just now, Five to One said:

Now a club is looking to change its vote. You could not make this sh** up! 

No fookin way

Not sure how reliable a source, but to please see the above.

This is just sheer idiocy from the SPFL.

Edited by Squirt

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's beyond ridiculous how they can crown Celtic Champions with Rangers having a game in hand and still to play them twice and us, 4 points off 11th with 24 to play for. 

The most shambolic stitch up in the history of football. 

If Celtic get away with this it will be more tainted that Rangers EBT titles by an absolute country mile. 

12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

If we're relegated by a vote instead of being allowed to play out our games, then the SPFL should make sure we're not financially impacted by this, and that will cost them a lot of money. 

I think we need to stop using the term “relegated” - we would be EJECTED out of the Premier league on a rigged vote by rival Clubs!

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Five to One said:

Now a club is looking to change its vote. You could not make this sh** up! 

they just got confused don't ya know

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearing that they typed their vote in Comic Sans instead of Times New Roman.

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Not the time, but have a think about what the vote was for and what Hearts position was.

How come if there's monies a bonnie lass in the howe o' Auchterless and there's monies a bonnie Jean in the toon o Eberdeen, yous a' shag sheep?

Edited by Deid Heid

Just now, Barack said:

"Events, pubs, hair salons."

Sure he's got the info covered there pretty much.

D'you know mate the minute after posting I read the same thing and thought mm maybe not haha!

However, it does seem to be the story that's being pedalled in most places from what I can see.

Then again, all the good gossip lets slip from the hairdressers doesn't it.....?

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think we need to stop using the term “relegated” - we would be EJECTED out of the Premier league on a rigged vote by rival Clubs!

Correct is not a relegation it's an expulsion.

10 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Not sure how reliable a source, but to keep the ball rolling please see the above.

Way past being funny.

Corrupt as fk.

Edited by Gambo

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Not sure how reliable a source, but to keep the ball rolling please see the above.

if this is true then sadly I suspect Dundee will change their vote to yes claiming they simply got confused

NaturalOrder74
Just now, TheGoodLord said:

But let’s also embrace the friggin chaos which is throwing us this lifeline. 

Yeah, I think now would actually be a good power play of the club to step up and say something, but then we don't know what they've got up their sleeve

Geoff Kilpatrick

Maybe we should give the mutant some credit? He knows now this is heading for the Court of Session so maybe the court case will be pay per view! MONEYSPINNER!

SectionDJambo

I’m more than a little confused here and thought I read that Hearts had voted. I see 1 club didn’t. I hope it’s Hearts. Does anyone know? I’m sorry if I’ve missed it if this has been clarified already.

Regardless of how this pans out someone on either side is going to challenge the validity the vote.

Perhaps Dundee are now choosing to abstain because they know they've been pushed into a corner and are now literally the hangman or king maker.

5 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

The sensible thing would have been for the SPFL to have made interim lower payments now to all clubs, with the intention of paying the full amount on league position when/if the season finishes.

Not often you see "sensible" and "the SPFL" in the same sentence, and today proved it.

How can they not just give everybody a payment in the interim based on the mathematically lowest position they can finish.

Hearts, Hamilton, Ross County, etc get the 12th place prize money of £1,125,000 immediately, and so forth up the league.

I know it's not straight forward to work out but somebody with more time and patience than me could work it out.

There are so many holes and irregularities in this process, legally we could tie them up for years if we could afford to. What I would be looking at is approaching the rangers and threatening both teams to immediately resign from both leagues. No  notice as rules don't seem to matter now. See where the ****1ng tv money goes with that decision. Cvntz 

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Regardless of how this pans out someone on either side is going to challenge the validity the vote.

Perhaps Dundee are now choosing to abstain because they know they've been pushed into a corner and are now literally the hangman or king maker.

Abstention is, in effect, the same as voting no.

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

IF this was hearts would we do it ? if hibs were in united's position, I'd like to think no regardless of the bribe

I think it'll speak volumes about Dundee if they fold here, the damage is already done with regards to SFA they've been exposed big time regardless of what happens 

It's not the SFA, it's the SPFL. They are two different organisations who just happen to have their offices in Hampden.

Just now, Jambo66 said:

Abstention is, in effect, the same as voting no.

Legally speaking, that is correct.

1 minute ago, Nobreath said:

How can they not just give everybody a payment in the interim based on the mathematically lowest position they can finish.

Hearts, Hamilton, Ross County, etc get the 12th place prize money of £1,125,000 immediately, and so forth up the league.

I know it's not straight forward to work out but somebody with more time and patience than me could work it out.

Because the SPFL said we can’t, and that’s that.

Im not being sarcastic, that’s that.

Hagar the Horrible

This whole thing just stinks of conspiracy. Celtic clearly bullying Dundee into changing their vote. Rhe Spfl clearly got their no vote and are manipulating the result. Putin could learn a fee things

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, Nobreath said:

I think that's what Rangers are proposing, but what about 9 in a row that they've earned ?

1 minute ago, tightrope said:

There are so many holes and irregularities in this process, legally we could tie them up for years if we could afford to. What I would be looking at is approaching the rangers and threatening both teams to immediately resign from both leagues. No  notice as rules don't seem to matter now. See where the ****1ng tv money goes with that decision. Cvntz 

End of the day it will come down to money for Ann. 

Would risking a season in the Championship be cheaper than challenging this through the courts?

south morocco
24 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The best option is resuming the league when this is over. 

Reconstruction isn't 100% fair on sides that are placed 3rd and 4th but certainly fairer than that shambles proposed by Liewell and Dungcaster. 

If they are unwilling to reconstruct the league. The next fairest option is the no winners and no losers, no promotion, no relegation and no trophies because no one has officially won or been relegated. Which you seem to have issue with. 

Either resume it or null and void it. If we we are relegated, it’s legitimate. If we null and void , we start again when possible. Celtic if that confident of winning everything should have no complaints 

The whole thing is a disgrace, titles and relegation getting handed out with games still to play and everything still mathematically possible....... Is there a more empty celebration to be had. I hope this gets ****ing nasty with the lawyers :callme:

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

You would think it can be challenged

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

It's not the SFA, it's the SPFL. They are two different organisations who just happen to have their offices in Hampden.

Alright, thanks, I think you get the idea who its directed at anyway

1 minute ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I think that's what Rangers are proposing, but what about 9 in a row that they've earned ?

Feck their 9 in a row.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )