SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Celtic, Hamilton, Dundee Utd and Brechin are sitting back smoking a large cigar!

Hamilton , St.Mirren, Ross County , St.Johnstone, Hibs.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Have Dundee confirmed they submitted a 'no' vote?    Lots of chat and tweets, but just can't see this anywhere? If they have it us beyond farcical. 

Yes. They put out a statement on their website. In writing. 

Schoolboy error. 

5 minutes ago, Drumelzier said:

If one is allowed to then all clubs would have 28 days to change their vote, that right ? 

No, because Dundee haven't actually voted. The vote 'didn't arrive' and now they've changed their minds.

Pull the other one Neil ffs

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Celtic, Hamilton, Dundee Utd and Brechin are sitting back smoking a large cigar!

Flag ceremonies back on tomorrow at Celtic & DU  

19 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

This whole thing just stinks of conspiracy. Celtic clearly bullying Dundee into changing their vote. Rhe Spfl clearly got their no vote and are manipulating the result. Putin could learn a fee things

Sounds more like bribing them into changing their vote.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Even if they do change their mind, they've already put out a statement in writing that they voted against it which has been backed up by their technical director in the press. 

The SPFL published votes before it was corroberated. 

There are claims of coercion and bullying. Rangers apparently have evidence of this. 

This will be a doddle in court. They will be re-compensating us fully for lost revenue if we are demoted. 

There may even be an injunction to stop them from playing any games in the future until this is resolved. 

The SPFL have basically shat in their hands and smeared it all over their pus here. It's ****ing wonderful how badly they've outed themselves as a corrupt organisation today. 

If you read their statement though, nowhere do they actually say they voted no.

They heavily imply it, but don't confirm it.

Something reeks to high heaven.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Schoolboy error. 

Don't think they said they were voting no in their statement?

3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Would you want the vote to send St Mirren down or would you say no because it was taking Celtics boaby? 

I take it you would vote to send St Mirren down then (like everyone on here) and it would absolutely have nothing at all with taking Celtics boaby as you accuse Aberdeen randomly. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Schoolboy error. 

The statement didn’t say which way they voted.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

I take it you would vote to send St Mirren down then (like everyone on here) and it would absolutely have nothing at all with taking Celtics boaby as you accuse Aberdeen randomly. 

Are you talking to yourself?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, TheGoodLord said:

Sorry so did we or did we not vote?

Not by 5pm when they published results which is very pleasing.

“Dundee can announce it is voting Yes to the SPFL’s proposal. In wholly unrelated news, we’re pleased to confirm our new stadium is to be funded by our good friends at Celtic FC with the league kindly donating the cash for a golden statue of Gary Harkins at the entrance”

joke tweet 

maroonsgotop
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

replying to your own post. now that is odd especially as you're challenging yourself  

Edited by maroonsgotop

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Are you talking to yourself?

I was replying to the poster @maroonlegions who went on about Aberdeen taking Celtics boaby but if it was st Mirren down would you want the vote to pass? Would you say no were no taking Celtics boaby cheers?

Honest answer? 

Just now, maroonsgotop said:

replying to your own post. now that is odd especially as challenging yourself  

It’s not really, I was replying to the post I posted with silence! 

6 minutes ago, Squirt said:

If you read their statement though, nowhere do they actually say they voted no.

They heavily imply it, but don't confirm it.

Something reeks to high heaven.

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Don't think they said they were voting no in their statement?

Hmm. Fair enough they didn't say the words, we voted against it. Won't stand up in a Court of Law against orators of the legal profession because their statement is essentially a flat out rejection of the proposal and would be argued as such. Every single word turned upside down and inside out. They've not got a leg to stand on chaps. 

Edited by Cruyff

Can any team just decide they want to change their mind over the next 28 days?

At what point is a vote considered "cast"? When the team admit they sent in a No vote or when the SPFL read it? 

Oh we did actually send a No vote but since you say you never got it and have subsequently released the results so far we will actually now switch to a yes. Is that okay?

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Schoolboy error. 

Thanks..... But just read their statement.  Clearly disgruntled but they do not say they intend to vote no,  and they definately don't say they have actually voted no.        I'm concerned because there is no apparent confirmation of this at all.......... All this chat seems to be unfounded.   I hope someone can correct me. 

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:
“Dundee can announce it is voting Yes to the SPFL’s proposal. In wholly unrelated news, we’re pleased to confirm our new stadium is to be funded by our good friends at Celtic FC with the league kindly donating the cash for a golden statue of Gary Harkins at the entrance”

joke tweet 

more likely to be Lennon or Brown with Strachan applauding in the background 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I was replying to the poster @maroonlegions who went on about Aberdeen taking Celtics boaby but if it was st Mirren down would you want the vote to pass? Would you say no were no taking Celtics boaby cheers?

Honest answer? 

Sorry, you quoted yourself which is why I asked.

For someone that releases a lot of statements Ann is surprisingky quiet tonight. 

I'd have liked to have heard from her. 

I predicted that the only certainty with dealing with this situattion is that they would manage to turn it into a complete shambles. I dont think anyone could have predicted the blatant corruption on show tonight. If by some strange twist of events this vote carries Hearts must have enough to tie them up in litigation.

Just now, Last Laff said:

Honest answer? 

I know youre not asking me but I've thought about this a fair bit and I'd love to think no matter where we're in the league or anyone else was, that my opinion that this proposal stinks wouldnt waiver. And, aunty n baws as it may be, I'd have loved Hearts to be the team in a position to pish on it.

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Thanks..... But just read their statement.  Clearly disgruntled but they do not say they intend to vote no,  and they definately don't say they have actually voted no.        I'm concerned because there is no apparent confirmation of this at all.......... All this chat seems to be unfounded.   I hope someone can correct me. 

It doesn't matter if they didnt say the words. It's a statement which clarifies that they disagree with the proposal and if they didn't vote, they abstained. They're ****ed. 

One thing is for sure, if we are ejected from the Premier league by a rigged vote our currently divided and pissed off support will be united in the face of this injustice, and will get right behind the team’s battle to get out of the Championship!

Five to One
23 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

think Celtic, DU, Hibs & Aberdeen will be delighted with them

Sorry, forgot to include mutants. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Hmm. Fair enough they didn't say the words, we voted against it. Won't stand up in a Court of Law against orators of the legal profession because their statement is essentially a flat out rejected and would be argued as such. Every single word turned upside down and inside out. They've not got a leg to stand on chaps. 

You would certainly hope so, but for how many years have we been putting up with this crap, and for how many years have they gotten away with it time and time again.

Do you know the one thing that is actually giving me a slight bit of hope at the moment, and this really hurts to say, but it's the fact that we'll have Rangers fighting in the same corner as us. Like it or not they have more clout and when shit hits the fan they're more likely to go through the SPFL publicaly.

I await Budge's statement tomorrow saying how much respect and admiration she has for the SPFL and all the clubs who're trying to have us punted.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

For someone that releases a lot of statements Ann is surprisingky quiet tonight. 

I am the opposite. Our next move needs to be spot on and we currently don't have a ****ing clue where anyone stands. 

1 minute ago, Homme said:

I get what you mean but I hope she stays silent for now especially if we end up going to court

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

No one can correct you, and I think that's just how the powers that be want it.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I am the opposite. Our next move needs to be spot on and we currently don't have a ****ing clue where anyone stands. 

Don't get me wrong. Not looking for war and peace this time, a couple of sentences would suffice. 

I hope she doesn't disappoint when the time comes. 

Edited by Homme

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

One thing is for sure, if we are ejected from the Premier league by a rigged vote our currently divided and pissed off support will be united in the face of this injustice, and will get right behind the team’s battle to get out of the Championship!

hopefully taking a huge support to inverness and zero fans to the rest of the league

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hmm. Fair enough they didn't say the words, we voted against it. Won't stand up in a Court of Law against orators of the legal profession because their statement is essentially a flat out rejection of the proposal and would be argued as such. Every single word turned upside down and inside out. They've not got a leg to stand on chaps. 

Except that can say whatever they want on their own website. And vote however they want. Whether it contradicts their statement or not.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It doesn't matter if they didnt say the words. It's a statement which clarifies that they disagree with the proposal and if they didn't vote, they abstained. They're ****ed. 

It matters hugely.     If they didn't vote yet they haven't abstained,  the rules say they have 28 days to vote.   But there is a lot of chat saying they voted no, it wasn't received and they might change there minds which could open up a legal challenge from us....... That's the bit I was seeking clarity on but I think it's just gossip and Chinese whispers...... 

Edited by Gmcjambo

Weakened Offender
25 minutes ago, Zico said:

If I was a lawyer looking for business, I’d be on the phone to Hearts, Rangers, Partick and the other good guys first thing in the morning. 

You don't think those clubs already have lawyers? 

TheGoodLord
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not by 5pm when they published results which is very pleasing.

ok thanks for that, yes pleasing indeed. Where there’s chaos there’s opportunity. 

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Jambos1983 said:

hopefully taking a huge support to inverness and zero fans to the rest of the league

yup. beginning to look the only away ground I'll be at next season

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

It matters hugely.     If they didn't vote yet they haven't abstained,  the rules say they have 27 days to vote.   But there is a lot of chat saying they voted no, it wasn't received and they might change there minds which could open up a legal challenge from us....... That's the bit I was seeking clarity on but I think it's just gossip and Chinese whispers...... 

Where is the proof that they ever sent in a vote though? Where will that proof come from?

The only reason we think they originally sent a vote saying no is because we have journalists saying so, but that's not proof. If Dundee are given a bung and say they voted yes, the statement they made on their website doesn't change that at all.

I know I'm agreeing with you, just thinking out loud that that's going to be the problem.

Can you imaging the outrage if our board voted to accept this resolution and it resulted in the wee team getting promoted !

Surely DFC can't change their minds.

Edited by Drumelzier

Their vote will be changed it’s just a matter of time. Doncaster and Lawwell will be looking how to word this for Dundee as we speak. Rangers have got tainted titles so Celtic want one aswell. This is basically Celtics 5 way agreement. 

W3 see now the first club in Scotland to be deducted 15 points and also rejected from the top league before the season ends. WTAF

The ****ing hate us.

1 minute ago, Jambos1983 said:

Double edged sword that unfortunately - last time in the Championship our big away support was a huge advantage to the team - as confirmed by the players.

6 minutes ago, Homme said:

most likely leaving it in the hands of our lawyers and then action will occur once the spfl have enough rope to hang themselves

1 minute ago, Drumelzier said:

Can you imaging the outrage if our board voted to accept this resolution and it resulted in the wee team getting promoted !

What?

Just now, Squirt said:

Where is the proof that they ever sent in a vote though? Where will that proof come from?

The only reason we think they originally sent a vote saying no is because we have journalists saying so, but that's not proof. If Dundee are given a bung and say they voted yes, the statement they made on their website doesn't change that at all.

I know I'm agreeing with you, just thinking out loud that that's going to be the problem.

Yeah I get that,    I was just wondering if the club had confirmed how they had voted.  But they haven't. 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Except that can say whatever they want on their own website. And vote however they want. Whether it contradicts their statement or not.

We'll see. Dundee obviously want something. They may want to push through their proposal, which may be a good thing for us. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )