SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

IF this was hearts would we do it ? if hibs were in united's position, I'd like to think no regardless of the bribe

I think it'll speak volumes about Dundee if they fold here, the damage is already done with regards to SFA they've been exposed big time regardless of what happens 

SPFL

maroonsgotop
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Regardless of how this pans out someone on either side is going to challenge the validity the vote.

Perhaps Dundee are now choosing to abstain because they know they've been pushed into a corner and are now literally the hangman or king maker.

if they end up voting yes they will never recover any credibility with us. 

Five to One
Just now, maroonsgotop said:

With us? Try the whole fricken planet 

5 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

How can they not just give everybody a payment in the interim based on the mathematically lowest position they can finish.

Hearts, Hamilton, Ross County, etc get the 12th place prize money of £1,125,000 immediately, and so forth up the league.

I know it's not straight forward to work out but somebody with more time and patience than me could work it out.

they dont need to work out anything just give everyone the payment for finishing bottom just now until things get sorted

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:rofl:

Who are our club lawyers? A nice little earner coming their way.

Lionel Hutz or Saul Goodman would have a field day with this lot. 

husref musemic
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:rofl:

Who are our club lawyers? A nice little earner coming their way.

i wonder who could be running the show here..... who could it be..?

3 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

Id be very interested to hear the scenario that led to “only two votes arriving”

Its 2020 ffs. My 4 year old niece knows how to send me what’s app messages but Dundee can’t send an email?

Edited by Squirt

Just now, milky_26 said:

they dont need to work out anything just give everyone the payment for finishing bottom just now until things get sorted

That would be even easier I suppose.

maroonsgotop
Just now, Five to One said:

With us? Try the whole fricken planet 

think Celtic, DU, Hibs & Aberdeen will be delighted with them

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, maroonsgotop said:

I'm honestly not that concerned if they do change their vote. That publication by the SPFL of their own results and ignoring the Companies Act should be enough for Judge Nutmeg to take an interest.

44 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Dundee should never have to vote under this pressure anyway. Completely unfair.

No - they should have voted by the deadline!

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Lionel Hutz or Saul Goodman would have a field day with this lot. 

i think i as a non lawyer could run rings around them in court

NaturalOrder74
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not the real deadline though, Everyone actually had 28 days think it was just a fabricated deadline 

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

it was not a deadline, only a recommended time to vote by the rules state 28 days 

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Squirt said:

Id be very interested to hear the scenario that led to “only two votes arriving”

Its 2020 ffs. My 4 year old niece knows how to send me what’s app messages but Dundee can’t send an email?

no doubt it will have 'got lost in the post' and on reflection after heavy pressure from Celtic/SPFL they'll say they were confused and have now changed their mind

Just now, Homme said:

End of the day it will come down to money for Ann. 

Would risking a season in the Championship be cheaper than challenging this through the courts?

This is not her club it is ours, I seriously worry about her whole attitude, ....yes thanks and all that, but ffs, what have we become. I would walk away and play friendlies until we found a new league rather than accept this. I would also buy three season tickets for the whole family instead of one to support it. What happens if we can't do it financially and end up in admin next season? Some forget we are a heavy outlay every year, we stand to lose millions here.

If I was a lawyer looking for business, I’d be on the phone to Hearts, Rangers, Partick and the other good guys first thing in the morning. 

Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

Not the real deadline though, Everyone actually had 28 days think it was just a fabricated deadline 

Not fabricated.  Proposed/suggested.

husref musemic
2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

You believe they 'arrived late' ?

Just now, milky_26 said:

it was not a deadline, only a recommended time to vote by the rules state 28 days 

No laws against being sneaky *******s I guess eh.

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

They did vote now the SPFL have targeted them to change their minds

1 minute ago, husref musemic said:

You believe they 'arrived late' ?

I don’t even think I hinted at the suggestion, no.

The tone of my post was quite clearly sceptical....

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Have they not still got 27 days for that?

Just now, Squirt said:

No laws against being sneaky *******s I guess eh.

If we did not vote we should still have 28 days to do so, unless we stated we are abstaining, like to think we are more clever than that.

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

That seems to have come to light - but all other Clubs voted or abstained by the 5pm “request” - why not Dundee? What’s their game?

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They did apparently but the SPFL claim they never received it and now Dundee might be changing their mind. Wonder how much money was in the brown envelope

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Think they may have had it deleted myself 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Iirc it was 1 tim and 1 hun that split the "loan". Honestly this country is pathetic. 

Indeed it was 🙈

1 minute ago, tightrope said:

If we did not vote we should still have 28 days to do so, unless we stated we are abstaining, like to think we are more clever than that.

According to the narrative being told, we did vote. We voted late, but we voted no.

fans banking on us being in the Championship for only one season shouldn’t be quite so confident IMO - neither should Budge

Edited by Jammy T

gashauskis9
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm honestly not that concerned if they do change their vote. That publication by the SPFL of their own results and ignoring the Companies Act should be enough for Judge Nutmeg to take an interest.

This in spades.  Up until 5pm I didn’t think we had a legal leg to stand on.  Full steam ahead now hopefully.  Real risk that this will drag on and that the other clubs will turn against Dungcaster if they can’t come up with another proposal that involves releasing cash and/or restructuring.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Does this mean we can all take our votes back and change our minds. 

Maybe other clubs would like to reconsider 

East Lothian Jambo
13 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Chances of Lawell handing over a brown envelope anyone?

Just thinking the very same thing when I saw your post!

What a ****ing farce this is. All to crown the vicTims as 9 in a row Champions 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

fans banking on us being in the Championship for only one season shouldn’t be quite so confident IMO

Be an interesting game with Dundee 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

So everyone can change their votes. 

If one is allowed to then all clubs would have 28 days to change their vote, that right ? 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Hello? Is that the Court of Sports Arbitration...? Yes...I've a case you might want to hear about. Have you heard of Neil Doncaster and Peter Lawell...oh, you have? Well..."

CAS "oh no not doncaster and lawell again, 'hits head off desk'

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

They did apparently but the SPFL claim they never received it and now Dundee might be changing their mind. Wonder how much money was in the brown envelope

Just to be clear - Dundee voted NO - the SPFL say it was not received - and instead of Dundee confirming their NO vote they are now in further “discussions” with the SPFL??? Really???

There cant be many clubs happy with the way this shambles has been allowed to happen.

Any that sit back and accept this are corrupt to the core and have zero sporting credibility.

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

Even if they do change their mind, they've already put out a statement in writing that they voted against it which has been backed up by their technical director in the press. 

The SPFL published votes before it was corroberated. 

There are claims of coercion and bullying. Rangers apparently have evidence of this. 

This will be a doddle in court. They will be re-compensating us fully for lost revenue if we are demoted. 

There may even be an injunction to stop them from playing any games in the future until this is resolved. 

The SPFL have basically shat in their hands and smeared it all over their pus here. It's ****ing wonderful how badly they've outed themselves as a corrupt organisation today. 

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just to be clear - Dundee voted NO - the SPFL say it was not received - and instead of Dundee confirming their NO vote they are now in further “discussions” with the SPFL??? Really???

Is anyone surprised.

The SFA should shut the lot down.

Just now, Gambo said:

There cant be many clubs happy with the way this shambles has been allowed to happen.

Any that sit back and accept this are corrupt to the core and have zero sporting credibility.

Celtic, Hamilton, Dundee Utd and Brechin are sitting back smoking a large cigar!

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Have Dundee confirmed they submitted a 'no' vote?    Lots of chat and tweets, but just can't see this anywhere? If they have it us beyond farcical. 

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

yup, they've been got at and sadly they'll change their voting intentions no doubt 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )