SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Surely they’re giving out legal team an early Christmas present the way they’ve handled this today.

i hope that is one of th reasons we have not released a statement about the vote (unless i have missed it)

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Screenshot_20181027-185155_Google.thumb.jpg.f01522bc793f6c55b67ee486c3989eb1.jpg

Has to be a vote of no confidence after this shambles today, surely?  Makes a Zimbabwe election look democratic.

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So... basically it seems the SPFL are trying to persuade Dundee to change their vote. 

Yes.

They are saying look what you’ve said in your statement isnt true please reconsider....

Its ****ing sickening and its gone passed the point of being funny

husref musemic
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

All about HMFC for me now.

FOH getting Doubled.

Put the season tickets on sale tommorrow I'll buy mine.

**** the rest of them.

superb. all that cash for away games is suddenly freed up.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i hope they have recordings or evidence of this that they can screw them with

And we can screw them with.

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Going by the rules you may not have done anything that means you deserve to be kicked off the forum. But presumably if we have a vote of members and 80% of us agree we want you gone, you'll be ok with that and leave?

He should've been launched ages ago. 

Surely all it takes is a statement from Dundee saying no more than

For the avoidance of doubt Dundee FC voted to reject the motion

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So... basically it seems the SPFL are trying to persuade Dundee to change their vote. 

Having read Dundee’s statement, I can’t see that they’ve been overt about their answer?

It’s not a great statement. They used a word ‘normalicy’, when there’s no such word. Pretty poor standard.

Goodness knows who wrote it and proof read it?

5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Going by the rules you may not have done anything that means you deserve to be kicked off the forum. But presumably if we have a vote of members and 80% of us agree we want you gone, you'll be ok with that and leave?

75%

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

This is illegal if they have voted. Once you vote you csnt change your mind. The cards are felt. I actually hope uefa throw Scotland out of europe for next season as surely they must be laughing now at up. This vote should never have happened. The right thing is staring us in the face. If you cant finish a competition then there are no winners and loses.

So simple 

Perhaps we should be reporting back to UEFA about all the bullying and coercion today.

Just now, MCW1976 said:

Having read Dundee’s statement, I can’t see that they’ve been overt about their answer?

It’s not a great statement. They used a word ‘normalicy’, when there’s no such word. Pretty poor standard.

You're right but surely a ballot form is  just a Yes or No.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Perhaps we should be reporting back to UEFA about all the bullying and coercion today.

Probably where they learned how to do it

12 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Honestly, no malice intended.

I said tight away, this was not for right now, but I kept getting quoted and asked questions.

I'll drop off tonight and leave you guys to reflect, but do take this. I personally don;t think Hearts should be relegated and have said very clearly that if the season cannot be completed, then the leagues must be reconstructed for the one season.

Fair response mate clearly not here to cause bother. Just don’t think this is the best time. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I would agree 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
14 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm not trolling, I was asked a question and asked the poster to reflect.

ISTL you are trolling. You have been trolling on this website for years. 

You obviously have a deep seated envy of hearts as a club. I can’t even begin to imagine taking the time of registering for an Aberdeen fans forum let alone actually posting on it for years. 

31 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It doesn’t matter if it’s a no or abstention though does it?  Still only 70% of Championship clubs voted yes.  

If they disqualify their vote because it was late it was 7/9 voted yes so that just over 77%.  Shouldn’t be the case but wouldn’t surprise me if they try to twist it that way. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

So are we being relegated or not?

Did Dundee vote yes or no?

I am so confused 😂

The irony being that the reason for this vote was to ensure clubs had some much needed clarity in their futures.

3 minutes ago, Drumelzier said:

You're right but surely a ballot form is  just a Yes or No.

You’d hope so, yes.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

If they disqualify their vote because it was late it was 7/9 voted yes so that just over 77%.  Shouldn’t be the case but wouldn’t surprise me if they try to twist it that way. 

It wasn’t late. 28 days.

gowestjambo
42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why would you give a penny to a club that voted to do you significant harm and at the same time do considerable self-harming as well. Their decision to support the proposal is mind-boggling and tbh it’s hard to come up with any reason for it other than to appease the moronic element of their support and do harm to Hearts. 

Agree 100%.....

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another statement in. Cormack says it was rushed. 

Hes no gonna last long believing the SPFL board about anything lol!!!

31 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

This. Why screw your neighbour over if it means losing around £200K ? Plus lost TV money ?  What do Hibs gain in this, if successful  - anyone ? 

It’s more than that. Under the proposal they drop from 6th to 7th and that’s a prize money drop of over £100k added to probably 2*2000 derby fans at roughly £25 each plus all the other spend at Easter road, plus their own fans who only walk up for derbies plus sold out hospitality and we are talking about close to £350-400k down. As I said in another post I dont get their decision to support it. 

The reality is the SPFL are completely out their depth and would vote for their demise if the TV companies told them that’s what best. 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

So are we being relegated or not?

Did Dundee vote yes or no?

I am so confused 😂

We aren't being relegated because Dundee voted no but actually they didn't vote no in the correct way so now they have 28 days to vote yes at which point Hearts still won't be relegated because technically the full season wasn't played so we are being demoted but actually this vote wasn't for the Premier league because Uefa said we couldn't do that for another few weeks so there will need to be a other vote on the Premier league situation but I don't know if that's just the Premier league or all leagues again in which case Dundee might vote no again and do it properly so then the Premier league will need to be finished but they also might be deemed to have done it incorrectly again so have another 28 days to vote yes but then again they might not get a vote but Aberdeen might change their mind next time as their chairman has flipflopped several times but probably not. 

Hope that helps. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No it’s not, it’s still 70%. 8 teams out of 10 had to vote yes, they didn’t.  Even if it was 7 plus 3 abstentions it’s still only 70%

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

There's only three ways about this. 

1) Is League Reconstruction where there are no relegation and only promotions relating to League Placings. There also should be no trophies gifted as the season was incomplete but Prize Money dished out for current standings. 

2) No Promotions or Relegation. No trophies handed out as the league was not completed but Prize Money dished out for current standings. 

3) Wait it out until business is re-opened and complete the season. Give clubs a loan to tide them over. 

What else can you do? 

Celtic's fit up proposal is absolutely off the scale ****ing nuts. Give us the title or you're not getting any money. Away and boil yer heid. 

Correct 👍

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

So the body charged with organising and controlling the major football competition in this country, can't manage to organise and control yes or no votes from 42 clubs

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

No it’s not, it’s still 70%. 8 teams out of 10 had to vote yes, they didn’t.  Even if it was 7 plus 3 abstentions it’s still only 70%

Or, the proposal had to get support of 75% of those that voted?  I’m with you but just thinking of ways they can twist things in their favour. 

22 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm not trolling, I was asked a question and asked the poster to reflect.

Are you on the spectrum? Bizarre lack of self awareness in your irrelevant posts at the moment,

gowestjambo
21 minutes ago, Barack said:

At least this whole charade is doing an excellent job, of exposing the jester that is Neil Doncaster and the amateur SPFL parochial mindset.

Good Point. In fact the longer this goes on the better for us, and the more amateurish the SPFL and Doncaster appear!!

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

It doesn’t matter what the vote was. The SPFL have decided what the outcome would be.

10 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

glad it wasn’t just me. Not sure what the hell they were trying to say

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Or, the proposal had to get support of 75% of those that voted?  I’m with you but just thinking of ways they can twist things in their favour. 

Will depend on wording of resolution - but it SHOULD be it needs 75% of members not 75% of those who voted.

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

It's an Americanism. They are owned by Americans.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

glad it wasn’t just me. Not sure what the hell they were trying to say

Their statement wasn’t clear to me either.

29 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Exactly. I wish some of the folk involved with our club would realise the depths of hatred and abject jealousy that exists down in that sewer. They are all consumed in efforts to do anything to hurt us. It exists from top to bottom in that shithouse of a club. I hate to see anyone on here doing anything to cosy up to the shites. Get real folks, hate them with a passion. FTH.

AB thought Dumpster was open to argument. Huge mistake. As we go forward , and we will, let’s remember the scumbags who set this up.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They can’t legally do that 5pm was a request not a deadline, everyone had 28 days to vote.

DE52BF79-9CFC-4E30-99C3-0F6DAD0849DE.jpeg

Montgomery Brewster
32 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Exactly. I wish some of the folk involved with our club would realise the depths of hatred and abject jealousy that exists down in that sewer. They are all consumed in efforts to do anything to hurt us. It exists from top to bottom in that shithouse of a club. I hate to see anyone on here doing anything to cosy up to the shites. Get real folks, hate them with a passion. FTH.

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

So....Mm somebody can’t count?

The sevco title logger - I think its clear its still nil but 50k twats say 54

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Even Robert Mugabe wouldn’t have got away with that!  Well ok, he would.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They can’t legally do that 5pm was a request not a deadline, everyone had 28 days to vote.

DE52BF79-9CFC-4E30-99C3-0F6DAD0849DE.jpeg

Won’t be known immediately, but we’ll post what we have so far. Shambles. 🤦‍♂️

Felix Lighter
9 minutes ago, gjcc said:

It wasn’t late. 28 days.

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

To me it seems like they are trying to invalidate Dundees vote with some sort of trumped up technicality making it null & void, therefor a 7/9 pass. 

Sorry Dundee you only get to vote once and you fecked it up.

Probably not, but I wouldn't be shocked.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )