SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

south morocco

This can’t surely be ratified, it’s bordering on parody how incompetent and disjointed the whole process has been handled. Farcical. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

NaturalOrder74
17 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

It’s highlighted that she doesn’t understand football. 
“Hibs and Hearts will move up the table”

What a load of pish !!

First chance they’ve got - they have screwed us over...

I understand the actions of those near the bottom. But Hibs have acted out of pure spite. 

Hibs absolutely played her for a complete fool

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

This is ****ing reeking of shite

most corrupt league in the world. no doubt we'll be told that Dundee said no but they really meant to say was yes and just got a little bit confused

lost in space
1 minute ago, Shanks said:

If they've declined to vote then that goes down as a No.  They won't hit the 75% 

Yes, but have they said that they will not vote in the 28 days? Are they still going to possibly vote yes?

Just now, Ehllhayapeh said:

Never mentioned Celtic once

Ive said from the beginning "as is" is unfair on Hearts and Partick

No promotion/relegation is also unfair on teams at the top end and Dundee are only after the gate money from United to suggest it.

That leaves reconstruction which ive said im in favour of. It is the best solution possible.

So no im not a hypocrite at all. 

Nonsense. Dundee are after promotion which they have a chance of via the playoffs.

Ehllhayapeh
Just now, maroonsgotop said:

most corrupt league in the world. no doubt we'll be told that Dundee said no but they really meant to say was yes and just got a little bit confused

This does look like an attempt to lobby to get them to change their mind.

Saint Jambo
7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Yes, but have they said that they will not vote in the 28 days? Are they still going to possibly vote yes?

I think that is right. If Dundee don't vote, the SPFL will have to either wait for the 28 days to elapse or provide a legally binding statement that they don't intend to vote in favour of the proposal (which is effectively what a 'no vote' is).

4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

If they've declined to vote then that goes down as a No.  They won't hit the 75% 

Doncaster will probably try and swing it as 9 out of 11 votes, 82% resolution passed !

Ehllhayapeh
1 minute ago, Mort said:

Nonsense. Dundee are after promotion which they have a chance of via the playoffs.

Yet their chairman proposed to end the season with no promotion or relegation...so how exactly do they get in the playoffs as their own resolution scraps them?

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

This does look like an attempt to lobby to get them to change their mind.

'now in talks' we'll sign a sum to this figure, we'll make sure Celtic give you enough talent to get up next year  

2 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Dundee have a chance here to change everything.

One club with power over all the rest.

1 minute ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Dundee should never have to vote under this pressure anyway. Completely unfair.

I think it is open to challenge. 

That Dundee have been given and taken a casting vote. 

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Regardless of what is bribed tonight, They would make so much more money by being involved in a bigger league

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I hope they do the right thing for the game on general never mind us. Vote No then put **** off in the email 

2 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Dundee should never have to vote under this pressure anyway. Completely unfair.

What are they gaining from chosing not to vote today but to vote on Monday? 

Assuming that nobkdynlredicted the SPFL would release the ****ing voting state of play!

NaturalOrder74
Just now, hughesie27 said:

What are they gaining from chosing not to vote today but to vote on Monday? 

Assuming that nobkdynlredicted the SPFL would release the ****ing voting state of play!

Read the SPL are in talks with them 

Also not you've got Sutton shaming them into voting by saying that to vote against the majority would be unforgivable, how is it fair to have a person of that influence saying that publicly in an 'anonymous' vote this is the biggest pile of pish I've seen and I've seen a fair bit of pish from the SFA 

HillmanHearts

Does anyone know for sure what happens if Dundee abstain ?

( or if their vote is considered  "incompetent " )

NaturalOrder74
Just now, HillmanHearts said:

Does anyone know for sure what happens if Dundee abstain ?

( or if their vote is considered  "incompetent " )

a vote for nothing means no I'd imagine but I'm no expert they could stall this out for as long as they like

maroonsgotop
4 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Read the SPL are in talks with them 

Also not you've got Sutton shaming them into voting by saying that to vote against the majority would be unforgivable, how is it fair to have a person of that influence saying that publicly in an 'anonymous' vote this is the biggest pile of pish I've seen and I've seen a fair bit of pish from the SFA 

wonder if that clown Sutton would be saying the same if this gave Rangers 11 in a row 

I look forward to a statement from hearts. I'm sure if the sfa are interfering in Dundee's decision then they will be rather pissed

Ehllhayapeh
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

You liking Dundee's stance?😁

Whatever it is

The chairman Nelms wants to motion for no promotion or relegation 

Theyve supposedly voted No to "as is" to try and see out season which is contrary to Nelms own proposal but the SPFLs incoming mail server mustve blocked it for spam.

Its a farce now. If Dundee end up as yes Ill be the first to call bs as they are a stick on no without coercion. Wonder what the carrot is for having their arm twisted?

Let's face it now Sky have got their piggy hands on the game they want it box office asap. Celtic going for ten in a row next season rather than nine, has the appeal straight away to fat Fairweather's with a remote control and KFC bucket - their dream demographic

maroonsgotop
4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

So if they're capable of this then what other corruption goes on?

the whole thing's corrupt in Scottish Football. A fish rots from the head down, the same as Scottish Football.

13 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Never mentioned Celtic once

Ive said from the beginning "as is" is unfair on Hearts and Partick

No promotion/relegation is also unfair on teams at the top end and Dundee are only after the gate money from United to suggest it.

That leaves reconstruction which ive said im in favour of. It is the best solution possible.

So no im not a hypocrite at all. 

The best option is resuming the league when this is over. 

Reconstruction isn't 100% fair on sides that are placed 3rd and 4th but certainly fairer than that shambles proposed by Liewell and Dungcaster. 

If they are unwilling to reconstruct the league. The next fairest option is the no winners and no losers, no promotion, no relegation and no trophies because no one has officially won or been relegated. Which you seem to have issue with. 

17 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

This is well pointed out. We do things completely wrong here in scotland and this is all due the incompetence of the people running the game. They can still dish out money and didnt need this stupid vote. Hearts being treated badly here and the club and its fans won't forget who voted for the coin and for us to lose 3/4 million pounds when there is actually 8 games left.i actually hate the lot of them.sny they eont ever get my money again.

We as a club need to unite again and get through this.

I think you are being a bit Conservative with your estimate of our losses. 

A year in the Championship means no Category A games at Tynecastle, hardly any TV Money, less hospitality and even if we win the Cup we get shafted again because Aberdeen are to get the Europa league place that the Cup winners usually get.

Three quarters of a million doesn't even get close to describing our losses imo. 

14 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Yet their chairman proposed to end the season with no promotion or relegation...so how exactly do they get in the playoffs as their own resolution scraps them?

They voted no so clearly didn’t propose that?

This has got to be one of the most incompetent sagas Scottish Football has ever experienced and that's saying something.

Now Dundee are having one on one discussions with the SPFL, while the rest of us have all already voted and can't go backwards.

The SPFL want them to vote yes and make no bones about it. They can say whatever they want to try and convince them to vote yes, and you just know that's what is going to happen. Someone will give them a bung, someone will promise to loan a player or some such underhand tactic.

A members association run by some English no mark lawyer, making £150K a year + bonuses, even though he can't get us a league sponsor for next season, with executives on the board with conflicts of interest in the very member clubs they're supposed to represent without bias.

Get them all so far to ****. Regardless of what happens to us as a club and regardless of what happens with the league this season or next, the Scottish Football leagues need a complete clear out from top to bottom.

Edited by Squirt

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Rods said:

We chased the Aberdeen guy. Yet this guy is still posting. 

Your club was party to this sham and your main rival looks to have scuppered the deal to shaft us.

Would suggest you GTF aswell. At least the Aberdeen lad had the decency to duck out at this time.

more likely to shaft DU

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

If they disqualify their vote because it was late it was 7/9 voted yes so that just over 77%.  Shouldn’t be the case but wouldn’t surprise me if they try to twist it that way. 

Deary me they stated they need 8 out of ten to vote yes 7 voted yes - if this is true its game over

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

I think you are being a bit Conservative with your estimate of our losses. 

A year in the Championship means no Category A games at Tynecastle, hardly any TV Money, less hospitality and even if we win the Cup we get shafted again because Aberdeen are to get the Europa league place that the Cup winners usually get.

Three quarters of a million doesn't even get close to describing our losses imo. 

This is ment to read between 3 & 4 million 

Just now, Mort said:

They voted no so clearly didn’t propose that?

They did want to table a proposal stating that tbf. Which is pretty much the base point to end this whole thing if no one can agree. 

maroonsgotop
Just now, Squirt said:

This has got to be one of the most incompetent sagas Scottish Football has ever experienced and that's saying something.

Now Dundee are having one on one discussions with the SPFL, while the rest of us have all already voted and can't go backwards.

The SPFL want them to vote yes and make no bones about it. They can say whatever they want to try and convince them to vote yes, and you just know that's what is going to happen. Someone will give them a bung, someone will promise to loan a player or some such underhand tactic.

A members association run by some English no mark lawyer, making £150K a year + bonuses with executives on the board with conflicts of interest in the very member clubs they're suppose to represent without bias.

Get them all so far to ****. Regardless of what happens to us as a club and regardless of what happens with the league this season or next, the Scottish Football leagues need a complete clear out from top to bottom.

yeah 121 at the Green Brigade's HQ

If we're relegated by a vote instead of being allowed to play out our games, then the SPFL should make sure we're not financially impacted by this, and that will cost them a lot of money. 

24 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

That's what I was saying earlier today. 

Clubs have lost leagues from Celtics position before. 

Especially as Rangers have a game in hand and two OF games to play. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

The sensible thing would have been for the SPFL to have made interim lower payments now to all clubs, with the intention of paying the full amount on league position when/if the season finishes.

Not often you see "sensible" and "the SPFL" in the same sentence, and today proved it.

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

more likely to shaft DU

Hibs voted just to shaft us so this evens things up. My point still stands the Aberdeen boy was getting pelters inspite of posting long before this started.

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

The sensible thing would have been for the SPFL to have made interim lower payments now to all clubs, with the intention of paying the full amount on league position when/if the season finishes.

Not often you see "sensible" and "the SPFL" in the same sentence, and today proved it.

this is all about giving Celtic the league

This is a complete shamble and equally we should be nowhere near being the ones who are getting shafted, but we are and we've only got ourselves to blame. That doesn't make this right though and the fact that the majority of clubs are in favour of it just highlights how screwed up Scottish football is.

This could be the nail in the coffin of it for me if I'm honest.

5 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

This is ment to read between 3 & 4 million 

Sorry I only realised that after

I posted 👍

Scary stuff though. 

Let's hope the fans and benefactors have deep pockets. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )