SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, Five to One said:

Looking forward to the Dundee statement as to why they backtracked. I’m sure it will be wholly transparent. 

After it became clear that the vast majority of Scottish clubs supported the motion we felt it was the only natural step to allow a clear majority win.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

If it's not stipulated then no one has broken any rules.  No legal case.   End off.   I think there there will be a level of detail in the rules re this though. 

Yeah, I was being slightly tongue in cheek. There must be some detail, but I won't hold my breath. Said it earlier, we've been putting up with crap such as this for years and it just keeps going and going because nobody is big enough or has enough clout to put a stop to it.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Am I the only one who is just a bit happy that we are finally looking like we might be about to grow a backbone, and fight these corrupt scumbags, like we should be doing. 

Where are those signs coming from? I wish I shared your optimism but I'm not so sure.

NaturalOrder74

I think its well and truly public now that if they change their mind now its been bribed. 

I don't think they had planned it to go this way but Dundee have obviously held their ground long enough that its became obvious somethings wrong

I think its unlikely they can even twist this enough now even if Dundee do change their mind its too obvious to hide.

Five to One
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

After it became clear that the vast majority of Scottish clubs supported the motion we felt it was the only natural step to allow a clear majority win.

🤢

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Am I the only one who is just a bit happy that we are finally looking like we might be about to grow a backbone, and fight these corrupt scumbags, like we should be doing. 

Are we though?  There’s been a lot more backbone in Rangers’s last few statements than AB’s and she’s not said anything tonight yet to suggest she will now “fight it to the death”.  Not that I was expecting a statement tonight - she’ll be waiting to see how the Dundee farce pans out and what the lawyers say.  I don’t know what to expect to be honest but I am expecting fireworks from Ibrox.  Popcorn time....

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Where are those signs coming from? I wish I shared your optimism but I'm not so sure.

I think it looks apparent that there has been a nobbling of Dundee. I think that this gives us a thread to pull at.

2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Yeah, I was being slightly tongue in cheek. There must be some detail, but I won't hold my breath. Said it earlier, we've been putting up with crap such as this for years and it just keeps going and going because nobody is big enough or has enough clout to put a stop to it.

Fair enough. The level of incompetence and lack of challenge in the game is just appalling.     Rotten to the core.......I get your cynicism and share it to be fair. 

Five to One
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

We don’t know they have

Come on. There’s some very funny shenanigans going on in the background right now. 

Clark Griswold

So are we leaning towards spfl corruption or incompetence here. Really trying to decide which. Probably both tbh.

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

So are we leaning towards spfl corruption or incompetence here. Really trying to decide which. Probably both tbh.

I'm in the unhealthy dose of both camp. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I think you may be onto something there.

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

just one. Clearly the former. We are the most corrupt league in the world as this sorry saga is providing further evidence 

TheGoodLord
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If the season isn’t played out then that is null and void.  That’s been completely dismissed.  I can only imagine, in their position, they want the season played out so they are involved in the play offs.  This vote is all about self interest after all.

Some of the worthiness from club chairpersons and esteemed ex players about how now is not the time for self interest but should be about the good of the Scottish game is utterly laughable. Every single club has voted in the interest of what’s best for them period. I’m not disagreeing with this just wish everyone would be honest and up front about it. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Anyone any good at hacking email accounts?🤫

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but what they should do and actually do are poles apart. They couldn’t even scrape the money together to buy Hampden and had to cap in hand to two Celtic *****, is that favour being called in.

I fear the two weegie  **** have so far failed to pony up.No ??

TheGoodLord
8 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Nah better she stays quiet for now. We don't know yet what is going to happen with Dundee but it's obvious for everyone to see that the entire process has been corrupt as ****. 

We are best leaving them to hang themselves just now. 

100% 

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Don't bank on it.  Unless you are just off the phone to AB.

It's clear some clubs clearly lied to her she has been damaged by this and if she actually went along with this sham and voted, it should be the end of her time at Hearts.

I have backed Mrs Budge in most of her time here but we really need strong leadership now.

Someone who is prepared to kick down doors if necessary. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
13 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Ive said that earlier. Total prize money is £20M. Deduct say 20% clawback from TV companies. Leaves £16M.

Could pay every club £900K now and still have wiggle room to sort it out finally at a later date

Great minds think alike....

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think it looks apparent that there has been a nobbling of Dundee. I think that this gives us a thread to pull at.

Hopefully but the more Budge talks the less faith I have in her to stick up for us. I respect her massively and will forever be grateful to her but I just don't think she's got the fire in her belly that you need when you're running a football club. I also think she's got a few too many morals for it, which is a horrible thing to say but this is football after all!

Hopefully she makes me eat my words and I'll apologise unreservedly if she does.

6 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

im 75% corruption 25% incompetence 

TheGoodLord
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Anyone any good at hacking email accounts?🤫

Seriously it might come to this, a request can legally be made to establish this sort of thing. God only knows what other stuff they’d find. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

I fear the two weegie  **** have so far failed to pony up.No ??

Not sure tbh.

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Squirt said:

Hopefully but the more Budge talks the less faith I have in her to stick up for us. I respect her massively and will forever be grateful to her but I just don't think she's got the fire in her belly that you need when you're running a football club. I also think she's got a few too many morals for it, which is a horrible thing to say but this is football after all!

Hopefully she makes me eat my words and I'll apologise unreservedly if she does.

yup. Sadly I think you need to be a smiling assassin

annushorribilis III
49 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just to be clear - Dundee voted NO - the SPFL say it was not received - and instead of Dundee confirming their NO vote they are now in further “discussions” with the SPFL??? Really???

If that is true then the original email will be held by Dundee obviously and all they have to do (and must do surely ?) is resend it. 

What I don't get is - 

SPFL say they didn't get it ?

DFC didn't get an undeliverable  bounce back of their email  vote ?

DFC didn't put a read receipt on their email ?

DFCs vote is recorded in the original email , just resend it, it isn't "LOST".  . Job done. They've cast their vote , it just hasn't been received yet. 

Otherwise send for Harvey Specter. 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's clear some clubs clearly lied to her she has been damaged by this and if she actually went along with this sham and voted, it should be the end of her time at Hearts.

I have backed Mrs Budge in most of her time here but we really need strong leadership now.

I don’t know if they lied to her or if it’s similar to situation mentioned by Aberdeen that certain assurances were given in one to one calls prior to deadline, and those individual assurances changed some minds on key issues. That in itself is a bit dodge but the whole thing certainly stinks either way.

Main iffyness being Dundee situation by look of things at the moment. I guess the only positive is that things have been so obviously and clearly compromised that legal challenge would be relatively meaningful. It’s a total shit show.

Dagger Is Back
7 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Great minds think alike....

But still neither of us work at SPFL HQ

Here, slightly off topic and I don't want to derail the thread so apologies if it's deemed irrelevant but in all the new madness happening recently did we ever hear a resolution to our players and their wages? And if not do we know when we might?

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think it’s pretty obvious what is going on. I also think Dundee need to be very careful about what they do next. 

37 minutes ago, tightrope said:

A few clubs must have lied to Mrs B given her previous statements.

Lawwell holds more aces than Budge and that’s all that it’s boiled down to. 

39 minutes ago, tightrope said:

A few clubs must have lied to Mrs B given her previous statements.

Why? It failed based on Championship teams. Dundee now may change their mind supposedly.

Let's be honest Lawell has been running Scottish football for years he took over from David Murray the corrupt ****.**** me bribing their way to a title

Saint Jambo

I'm always amazed at posters willingness to state as absolute fact things they clearly don't know for sure.

The idea that releasing the partial vote result makes the vote legally illegitimate is a good example. Based on reporting the vote appears to be a mechanism for executing a written resolution of members. It would be perfectly normal in signing a written resolution for the member of a business to know who else had signed it before you. There might be rules stipulating that this won't happen, but those without access to those rules stating as fact  that it would be easy to challenge the outcome on the basis of partial results being released don't know what they are talking about.

The question of whether the Dundee vote was properly recieved may also be more complicated than it first appears. I read through a long email from our in house lawyer yesterday detailing the steps we needed to take and software we needed to use to electronically signed document. This was based on guidance issued by the Law Society of Scotland. It is possible that the SPFL had stipulated a process for confirming your vote and that Dundee either haven't followed this or made a mistake whilst doing so. This might explain the slightly odd suggestion that the "competence" of the Dundee vote was being questioned.

There is lots of uncertainty for those of us looking in from the outside of this process. Probably easiest to just learn to live with that. It will resolve itself in a few days as the outcome of the vote is confirmed and members then decide whether to challenge the outcome. Those confidently asserting that already know what the result of a legal challenge would be are wrong.

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Why? It failed based on Championship teams. Dundee now may change their mind supposedly.

She said she had spoken to Premiership and Championship clubs prior to the vote and was confident.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

She said she had spoken to Premiership and Championship clubs prior to the vote and was confident.

Aye...? My post you quoted still stands.

Hagar the Horrible

If Dundee does and no doubt will be forced to change their minds then they have held out for a bigger bribe. But they could expose the level of corruption by insisting on the no vote and expose lawwell and Doncasters. They could hold the  key to whole thing and if the email WAS sent and the spfl chose to pretend it was not received and trying to force Dundee to change it. Then we are looking at criminal behavour. Dundee will have the proof. 

7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think it’s pretty obvious what is going on. I also think Dundee need to be very careful about what they do next. 

I reckon they want a 16 team league. 

Five to One
18 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Of course but there’s no confirmation that Dundee have reversed their vote. 

I understand that. Did you see their statement?

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

She said she was confident the proposal would be defeated. All the Premier teams except Hearts and Rangers have voted

in favour.

The proposal hinges on the vote  of one club as yet undeclared. 

Hardly a reason for confidence. 

Just so we have a handle on all the under hand tactics at play from the SPFL/Lawwell: 

1. Can only hand out prize money if final placings are confirmed. Ask clubs to vote to end the season as it stands to release the funds. 
2. After announcing the only way clubs will get their money is to vote for their proposal they also announce that football in Scotland is officially postponed until June 10th. 
3. Tell everyone that they have to vote by 5pm Friday only to then advise after the motion seems to have failed that actually it’s 28 days the voting ends and that 5pm today was just a guide line. 
4. They release a statement saying that 10 teams in the top flight have voted Yes, 1 has voted No and another hasn’t voted. Hearts and Rangers indicate that they both voted No 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
5. Dundee vote No but apparently the SPFL didn’t receive it and won’t accept the original vote now and suddenly Dundee are now waiting to resubmit their vote after spending most of tonight in discussions with the decision makers who are trying to convince them to vote yes. 

Am not even going to go into the claims that Rangers are making in regards to the under hand tactics they have encountered. 

We better be waiting for the dust to settle on this one before unleashing hell on the SPFL and Doncaster. 

5 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

No surprise that Aberdeen did what Celtic told them.

So you can't trust a word that comes out of McInees's mouth.

Hagar the Horrible

Ann has just realised the level of corruption exist. Some clearly changed their minds. When they all had the same info? And were against it. So what happened in the last minute for the bankers to change their minds? And why is the whole league trying so hard to screw us over?

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

She said she was confident the proposal would be defeated. All the Premier teams except Hearts and Rangers have voted

in favour.

The proposal hinges on the vote  of one club as yet undeclared. 

Hardly a reason for confidence. 

Some reports suggest Dundee did vote but it wasn't received. If Budge was told by ICT Partick and Dundee reps they were voting against then she had every right to be confident.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Aye...? My post you quoted still stands.

I’m not trying to catch you out or something, man. Jesus. 🙄

Thought my reply was relevant, if I’ve misunderstood what you were saying then fine. 

Was the topic of discussion not Ann Budge feeling the SPFL Board proposal was going to be voted down based on conversations she had had with Premiership and Championship club officials? When she also stated that she hadn’t spoken to many L1 and L2 clubs, because she didn’t have the contacts there?

NaturalOrder74
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Some reports suggest Dundee did vote but it wasn't received. If Budge was told by ICT Partick and Dundee reps they were voting against then she had every right to be confident.

Be actually good news if the reason she was confident was because she was told by Dundee it would just further suggest they have been forced to change their mind

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Just so we have a handle on all the under hand tactics at play from the SPFL/Lawwell: 

1. Can only hand out prize money if final placings are confirmed. Ask clubs to vote to end the season as it stands to release the funds. 
2. After announcing the only way clubs will get their money is to vote for their proposal they also announce that football in Scotland is officially postponed until June 10th. 
3. Tell everyone that they have to vote by 5pm Friday only to then advise after the motion seems to have failed that actually it’s 28 days the voting ends and that 5pm today was just a guide line. 
4. They release a statement saying that 10 teams in the top flight have voted Yes, 1 has voted No and another hasn’t voted. Hearts and Rangers indicate that they both voted No 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
5. Dundee vote No but apparently the SPFL didn’t receive it and won’t accept the original vote now and suddenly Dundee are now waiting to resubmit their vote after spending most of tonight in discussions with the decision makers who are trying to convince them to vote yes. 

Am not even going to go into the claims that Rangers are making in regards to the under hand tactics they have encountered. 

We better be waiting for the dust to settle on this one before unleashing hell on the SPFL and Doncaster. 

Basically :laugh:

Hearts and Rangers are now in a predicament whether to release statements absolutely trashing the SPFL and the vote, or keep their powder dry. Tomorrow might be even more mental. 

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

So do I. 16 at least.

Makes sense. They won't get it but they may as well try to gain leverage and get themselves promoted. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )