SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It doesn't matter if they didnt say the words. It's a statement which clarifies that they disagree with the proposal and if they didn't vote, they abstained. They're ****ed. 

Not really, if they haven’t voted they still have another 26 days to vote yes or no. That statement means absolutely nothing.  Just like the one in the Aberdeen paper saying they were voting no.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, Homme said:

For someone that releases a lot of statements Ann is surprisingky quiet tonight. 

I'd have liked to have heard from her. 

To be fair is quite a shit show to get your head around - with our next statement likely to have legal connotations it needs drafted carefully not quickly 

In any event I hope she is on the phone to allies and Dundee re the Vote. If the SPFL can then we can too.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Double edged sword that unfortunately - last time in the Championship our big away support was a huge advantage to the team - as confirmed by the players.

I get that. I won't be giving a penny to any club voting for this though.

Given what this could cost us, should a percentage of FOH subs be put towards a legal fighting fund? I would gladly pay more.

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Double edged sword that unfortunately - last time in the Championship our big away support was a huge advantage to the team - as confirmed by the players.

I was there for nearly all those games. I will only be at ICT next season if we go down

Just now, tightrope said:

Given what this could cost us, should a percentage of FOH subs be put towards a legal fighting fund? I would gladly pay more.

Agreed. 

27 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

fans banking on us being in the Championship for only one season shouldn’t be quite so confident IMO - neither should Budge

I think the standard is poorer than the last time and i believe we would come out first time.

I dont think it really matters if Dundee vote yes or no. How can you release the results of a poll when the deciding vote has yet to be cast? It surely compromises the outcome.

6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

You don't think those clubs already have lawyers? 

Yes I was aware of that. Wasn’t to be taken entirely seriously, given the Lionel Hutz and Saul Goodman posts. 

maroonsgotop
Just now, tightrope said:

A few clubs must have lied to Mrs B given her previous statements.

including Dumpster no doubt 

1 minute ago, Jambos1983 said:

I get that. I won't be giving a penny to any club voting for this though.

The best retribution for these teams is to give them a pounding on the park with a big Hearts support there to taunt the feckers!

9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I am the opposite. Our next move needs to be spot on and we currently don't have a ****ing clue where anyone stands. 

Correct i would hope our lawyers are busy.

1 minute ago, Drumelzier said:

I added to my post...

Surely DFC can't change their minds

The argument would be that they didn't change their mind, a vote was never cast.

"A vote was cast, look at your statement, you implied you were going to vote no and then we got stories from the press saying you had sent a No vote in"

"Aye? Prove it."

SectionDJambo

Maybe so, different circumstances.

Our team will just have to grow a pair and get on with it. Should be no different to having only a few fans in Glasgow. We’re not going to be playing the likes of Real Madrid away next season.

A bigger issue for me is if there is any chance of giving Hearts a donation on these away days, instead of going.

1 minute ago, tightrope said:

Hope she names them in the future

26 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Strong statement tommorow needed, this will end up in court

I hope so it’s about time weve nothing to lose. 

The best retribution for these teams is to give them a pounding on the park with a big Hearts support there to taunt the feckers!

not for me. Give them a pounding definitely. Get promoted and don't give them the big pay days they're wanting from us though. I realise others will disagree though

Edited by Jambos1983

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

I think the standard is poorer than the last time and i believe we would come out first time.

I agree with Jammy - we’ll be in a worse situation as we are unlikely have the ability to clear out all the shite nor the money to start again from scratch 

Would you put any money on this lot to win any league?

Just now, Squirt said:

The argument would be that they didn't change their mind, a vote was never cast.

"A vote was cast, look at your statement, you implied you were going to vote no and then we got stories from the press saying you had sent a No vote in"

"Aye? Prove it."

Yeah I get that now but if DFC do vote Yes their city rivals get promoted.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not really, if they haven’t voted they still have another 26 days to vote yes or no. That statement means absolutely nothing.  Just like the one in the Aberdeen paper saying they were voting no.

If they didn't vote.  It might prove they have been Coerced though if they do change their tune. Especially if there is evidence of that, but given their statement, I don't understand why they would then vote yes. 

They obviously want something, maybe they want to push through their proposal instead. They might have something better in mind. 

We'll soon find out. 

Either way, the vote is surely invalid as the SPFL broke their own rules. 

1 minute ago, tightrope said:

That’s the bit I don’t get. She sounded pretty smug that she had spoken to Clubs and was confident there would not be enough support for the proposals!

She needs to wake up to the cess pit that is Scottish football.

maroonsgotop

maybe, but I wont be there to hand over my cash to them 

4 minutes ago, Big Bazza said:

I dont think it really matters if Dundee vote yes or no. How can you release the results of a poll when the deciding vote has yet to be cast? It surely compromises the outcome.

That's it. The vote is null and void.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We'll see. Dundee obviously want something. They may want to push through their proposal, which may be a good thing for us. 

Don’t know if I’m being over cynical here but Dundee may have just played an absolute blinder for themselves.  They’ve waited until after 5pm (if they didn’t really email that vote), now they know the whole of Scottish football and the SPFL are at their mercy.  Now they couldn’t possibly gain out of this could they?🤔

Famous 1874

100% corrupt if Dundee change their vote from no to yes. Screams of Lawell interfering and offering them a few players on loan for the next season. Also doesn’t help when Gordon Strachan is involved high up there. 

1 minute ago, Drumelzier said:

Yeah I get that now but if DFC do vote Yes their city rivals get promoted.

Would have to be a pretty penny they are offered to accept it then I'd imagine.....

maroonsgotop

That’s the bit I don’t get. She sounded pretty smug that she had spoken to Clubs and was confident there would not be enough support for the proposals!

stitched up like a kipper. Her legacy is now firmly on the line 

There wasn't at the time to be fair. There were 5 League 1 and one League 2 club that were seemingly set against it. Then all of a sudden, 3 of them have had their arm twisted. 

Just now, Squirt said:

Would have to be a pretty penny they are offered to accept it then I'd imagine.....

Yup and good luck trying to placate their fans.

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

100% corrupt if Dundee change their vote from no to yes. Screams of Lawell interfering and offering them a few players on loan for the next season. Also doesn’t help when Gordon Strachan is involved high up there. 

Well Strachan's position there becomes a wee bit awkward if it happens given he was adamant the season must finish just yesterday!

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t know if I’m being over cynical here but Dundee may have just played an absolute blinder for themselves.  They’ve waited until after 5pm (if they didn’t really email that vote), now they know the whole of Scottish football and the SPFL are at their mercy.  Now they couldn’t possibly gain out of this could they?🤔

I think they may have and the fact they came up with an earlier proposal makes me think, they want to see no promotion or Relegation or, the season concluded at a later date. Which for us, is good. 

9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Strachan would have voted no i think going by his interview.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

If they didn't vote.  It might prove they have been Coerced though if they do change their tune. Especially if there is evidence of that, but given their statement, I don't understand why they would then vote yes. 

They obviously want something, maybe they want to push through their proposal instead. They might have something better in mind. 

We'll soon find out. 

Either way, the vote is surely invalid as the SPFL broke their own rules. 

But what rules did they break?    Dundee would just say they changed their minds after the statement and prior to voting.  That's simply their right, and the statement is weak anyway. 

If a rule has been broken it could be that the results of the voting was published before Dundee voted (assuming they do vote),  as no club should be aware they hold THE casting vote....that does compromise the process. But this depends if the rules lay out the process and stipulate this.....they bloody well should mind you.  If so its a sound legal argument that the process should be void. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, tightrope said:

A few appear to have lied to the press too, or changed their minds (the suspension to 10th June could have been a game changer for some of the lower league teams).

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

But what rules did they break?    Dundee would just say they changed their minds after the statement and prior to voting.  That's simply their right, and the statement is weak anyway. 

If a rule has been broken it could be that the results of the voting was published before Dundee voted (assuming they do vote),  as no club should be aware they hold THE casting vote....that does compromise the process. But this depends if the rules lay out the process and stipulate this.....they bloody well should mind you.  If so its a sound legal argument that the process should be void. 

Not to mention the only people who would have proof that they originally sent in a No vote would be Dundee and the SPFL themselves.

And on the second point lets be honest, nothing is stipulated when it comes to Scottish Football. 

Edited by Squirt

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

A few appear to have lied to the press too, or changed their minds (the suspension to 10th June could have been a game changer for some of the lower league teams).

Why was this date released just before the vote?

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

The sensible thing would have been for the SPFL to have made interim lower payments now to all clubs, with the intention of paying the full amount on league position when/if the season finishes.

Not often you see "sensible" and "the SPFL" in the same sentence, and today proved it.

Ive said that earlier. Total prize money is £20M. Deduct say 20% clawback from TV companies. Leaves £16M.

Could pay every club £900K now and still have wiggle room to sort it out finally at a later date

There's less duplicity, lying, cheating, backstabbing and general bawbagginess in a JKB Mafia game.

Getting close to time to...

LWYRUP prop plate movie memorabilia from Breaking Bad starring Bob Odenkirk from Better Call Saul

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

In an ideal world yes.

We are going to need every penny we can raise to get through this so helping to fill the coffers of those that have sent us down is crazy.

I'm sure our great support can come up with some organised proposal as to the way forward. 

It would be good if fans based their decision on away games on what is best financially for Hearts and not what a great day out East End Park or Dumfries is.

Hearts need the money **** the rest of them.😠

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

You've answered it.👍 

1 minute ago, Boof said:

There's less duplicity, lying, cheating, backstabbing and general bawbagginess in a JKB Mafia game.

Getting close to time to...

LWYRUP prop plate movie memorabilia from Breaking Bad starring Bob Odenkirk from Better Call Saul

might as well add in the shed there is a sign up thread for the next mafia game

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think they may have and the fact they came up with an earlier proposal makes me think, they want to see no promotion or Relegation or, the season concluded at a later date. Which for us, is good. 

If the season isn’t played out then that is null and void.  That’s been completely dismissed.  I can only imagine, in their position, they want the season played out so they are involved in the play offs.  This vote is all about self interest after all.

2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Not to mention the only people who would have proof that they originally sent in a No vote would be Dundee and the SPFL themselves.

And on the second point lets be honest, nothing is stipulated when it comes to Scottish Football. 

If it's not stipulated then no one has broken any rules.  No legal case.   End off.   I think there there will be a level of detail in the rules re this though. 

Am I the only one who is just a bit happy that we are finally looking like we might be about to grow a backbone, and fight these corrupt scumbags, like we should be doing. 

AlphonseCapone
27 minutes ago, Homme said:

For someone that releases a lot of statements Ann is surprisingky quiet tonight. 

I'd have liked to have heard from her. 

Nah better she stays quiet for now. We don't know yet what is going to happen with Dundee but it's obvious for everyone to see that the entire process has been corrupt as ****. 

We are best leaving them to hang themselves just now. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )