SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

MarkDevriesScores4
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Our current squad wont be skooshing anything i suspect. Our reduced budget will now be kicking in. Not so confident as some!

I largely agree. I was actually pleasantly surprised the last time that we won as consistently as we did. It’s not a given that will be repeated however I am still confident of winning promotion.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Sure, but that’s entirely due to Covid. nothing to do with the SPFL. BCD matches are also not the fault of the SPFL. The SPFL are to blame for many things. Folk losing jobs or hours in hospitality isn’t one of them. 

Ive no idea how Hearts staff their hospitality. I imagine they use some agency staff for busy events and match days. I’m pretty sure no one employed direct by Hearts is on a zero hours contract.

There is definitely one person on zero hours , so I’m guessing there will be one or two others 

8 minutes ago, David Black said:

It was the other way round. The Pink news main report was Hearts, the Green Dispatch main report was Hibs. I always remember standing in a crowd on a Saturday waiting for the News van to arrive and the a rush to get your copy of whichever one you wanted. Strange as well that in those days you could stand around talking to people of the opposite persuasion and have a laugh and joke. Now the only ones I can do that with are the same age group as myself, the coffin dodgers. Happy days.

I didn't know there was a green dispatch. Seriously? Anyway, the Pink News is just so evocative. Loved it. 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Rab Mac52 said:

At last, someone with balls - well maybe not. 

Moira Gordon: Vindication? SPFL should hang their heads in shame

Whole episode an embarrassment for Scottish football

Aye very good Moira dear, fine words now but where were you all through this debacle?  AWOL.

3fingersreid

Thanks to posters who posted nice words regarding my daughters job ( it’s not gone yet and hopefully won’t ) 🤞🏻

54 minutes ago, Australis said:

Keep seeing this we will run rampant and we will walk it.

I hope it is true. But it is a league full of teams similar to Hamilton and St Mirren.

And they were way to streetwise for the players we had last season and most of those we are still stuck with.

Needs some streetwise players brought in by Robbie for this league in my opinion.

#fighters #battlers.

CLs relaxed regime is now a thing of the past and the players will soon be getting used to double training sessions and a high expectation from the club & fans alike.

No more excuses - not with the number of internationalists in the team & the size of the squad. 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

My exact thoughts too. 👍   A woman from outwith the Weegia  bubble.    Excellent article from Moira. 

wonder how many persons of colour or women are on the SFA Arbitration list ?

On last paper on a saturday night was the final green dispatch a Hearts paper, the other chap thought evening news was a Hearts paper was reading wrong paper all these years.

Paper vender would call out apatchynews.

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

wonder how many persons of colour or women are on the SFA Arbitration list ?

Why?

David Black
5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I didn't know there was a green dispatch. Seriously? Anyway, the Pink News is just so evocative. Loved it. 

Being the offspring of a Hibs father I had to get both copies. My father and one of his brothers were Hibs another brother and sister were Hearts. They were the only people I have ever known who hated the OF more than me. On many occasions they went with each other to either Tynecastle or ER. I've nothing against Hibs as a club to this day, only certain people employed , ie Petrie or some of the younger generation fans. It was not always like this thank God.

David Black
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

CLs relaxed regime is now a thing of the past and the players will soon be getting used to double training sessions and a high expectation from the club & fans alike.

No more excuses - not with the number of internationalists in the team & the size of the squad. 

I actually agree with you. No excuses. 

tynietigers
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Sure, but that’s entirely due to Covid. nothing to do with the SPFL. BCD matches are also not the fault of the SPFL. The SPFL are to blame for many things. Folk losing jobs or hours in hospitality isn’t one of them. 

Ive no idea how Hearts staff their hospitality. I imagine they use some agency staff for busy events and match days. I’m pretty sure no one employed direct by Hearts is on a zero hours contract.

Hearts just have 100’s of kids, or did that if hours are there they phone up and ask if they can do shift when it comes to functions but they then have other staff that are more fixed in jobs ie chefs and servers that work day to day 👍🏻

48 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Sorry but if a team with a backbone of Gordon, Haring, Naismith and Boyce don’t pish this league and have it wrapped it up before the Christmas trees are down some serious questions will be asked of Robbie Neilson and some very senior international footballers.

Completely agree. I'm hopeful under fresh management and tactics we will see a number of players reborn and a better team as a result.

16 hours ago, the jambo poet said:

I don't post much on here and couldn't comment last night as was a tad angry. I've calmed down now though. 

I don't want Tynecastle voted as the best away day ever again by the fans. I want it to be hostile. I want opposition fans fesring for their lives. I want the away teams to be given the absolute minimum tickets. I want the young team sited in the Roseburn. I don't want fans separated by tarpaulin, i want an 8 foot fence. I want every away fan coming to Tynecastle to feel the absolute wrath of every jambo inside. I want shit raining down on them for 90 mins. I want them scared. I want them to never want to return. I want to burn their flags, steal their drums. I want to let down their team buses tyres, i want their bus to leave a little airier than it arrived. I want oppostiton fans greeted at the train stations. I want our stewards to be absolute pricks and remove any and every one of the scummy supporters who think they can come to our home and laugh. I want ballboys taking the absolute piss. I want lothian and borders police to arrest every ****er singing sectarian songs, or eject them from the ground. I want our boardroom to be like a bear pit when chairmen of "those" clubs come to town. Indeed i want these chairmen put in hospitality with livid jambos and we will have our say. Instead of half time draws, or little kids playin football, i want burning effigies of spfl chairmen, club chairmen, i want hearts songs blaring over the tannoy. I want rage, i want hell, i want justice. 

Brilliant post mate, couldn't agree more. Hopefully it happens and not before time. Get it back to how it used to be. ***** terrified to come to Gorgie. 

People losing jobs is the harsh reality of the decision to expel three teams. By doing no harm as the clubs should have done no one  would be losing their jobs through a vote but if necessary due to a pandemic. Doncaster hasnt just shafted our club but every day people trying to make a living while he picks up almost 400k a year for nowt.

3fingersreid
29 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Did Robbie do double sessions whilst at utd ?
It certainly was a fantastic introduction first time around at Hearts . I hope he does do it again 

part_time_jambo
2 hours ago, jackal said:

Right click on the link and open it in a private window, it says you have 5 more pages but resets every time you use a private window/Incognito

Thanks for the tip.

I hope nobody from EEN is reading this.

Ex member of the SaS

Every team in the Championship will be out to win or injure us. We must use strength and skill ( which we should have in abundance ) to win the league, May not Scoosh it as some suggest but we should win it easily. During our last stint Sevco and Hibs took some of the flack, we must now bear that burden alone. However I still think we have enough to win with some ease.

2 hours ago, TWF said:

I presume you do not include donations to Partick or Stranraer in your rant?

Indeed not.  Nor ICT, Falkirk or Ed City.

Now of course, some of these clubs may well have kicked us had they not stood to gain from a recon*, but they didn't so kinship allowed.

*who'd have thought Raith Rovers would be scum, but they were.  All who made the bed should lie in it.  I don't think like others that teams will be quaking at the thought of us not visiting, but on a moral level, giving anyone who didn't stand up to the injustice a single penny shows you're happy with what happened and for the status quo to remain.  If a local bar owner set fire to my mum's house, I wouldn't be in for a pint the next week.

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I would take a guess at a points deduction similar to admin and Hearts being awarded a 2 or 3 nil win ? 

going back to that  doncaster, mr vindication, my daughter in all likelihood will lose her job at Hearts if they cut back given she’s on a zero hours contract , so his comment about vindication will result in me sending an e-mail to him asking him to explain that to me and my daughter more fully how exactly it’s vindication . 

I genuinely don’t think I could contain myself if I ever have the misfortune of being in his vicinity . 

It's not vindication, it's vindictive. He used the wrong word.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Tbf, her article was triggered by the final chapter (the panel verdict on Monday) - so not really fair to assume she hasn't commented before on previous  chapters in this farce.    

EEN is a joke now, even Banderson just reports on stuff and doesn't express an opinion or comment.  They've  had a Hibs leaning for decades, ever since Stewart Brown was their main football writer.    

Scotsman has gone way downhill over the decades since the days of John Rafferty and Mike Aitken - they were brilliant writers, regardless of which teams were involved.     Apparently Craig Fowler and/or Joel Sked are Hearts fans - but they write as if they're sitting in that View from the Terrace studio spouting pish to each other at high speed. 

The others you mention are just paper click-bait sh1te.

The 4th Official online stuff is decent though ... sometimes 😕

I believe Anthony Brown is a big Jambo. 

baxterd1974
54 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Aye very good Moira dear, fine words now but where were you all through this debacle?  AWOL.

She consistently criticised the decision, at least 4 articles during the process.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's not vindication, it's vindictive. He used the wrong word.

Neil Doncoward needs emptied asap. An utter reptile who delighted in his failure of duty of care to 3 clubs.

Scared to have his actions in the public domain. Says it all.

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I doubt it has been thought through.

These are rules that should have been brought in but we probably wouldn't get an agreement in case 'what if that was my team'

I’ve suggested something similar on the fixtures thread. I expect at least one game on Saturday delayed or rearranged due to late test results.

I want to know what happens if a team ‘bends’ the rules regarding testing. Star player(s) missing due to injury/suspension....

’oh sorry we’ve had positive tests/results are late’...

Game needs to be rearranged.. just so happens on the rearranged date everyone is fit...

Also what happens if one team with superior testing is involved in more call offs than others? The team which is doing everything correct could then be punished by trying to squeeze delayed games into the schedule later on

Psychedelicropcircle
6 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

You can be rest assured the “computer” will have us at Dundee away first outing to test our resolve!

a 2pm nap!

Almost got that right then!

Just now, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Almost got that right then!

It will be changed within the hour I’d guess. As soon as they find the right fixture list in their spam folder. 

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I was getting pissed off by the amount of Hearts fans saying Let's just take the relegation and scoosh the championship.

Bullshit, good people losing their jobs because of a vote taken by their competitors is wrong, and we had to fight every step of the way.

Sorry to hear about your daughter, that ****er Doncaster needs to have a long look in the mirror.

This is the reality of their corrupt vote to expel us,  SPFL scum saying they are vindicated and delighted will never be forgotten.

Craig Herbertson

I've been a Hearts supporter since my Granddad lifted me over the turnstiles about 56 years ago. I love the club. We were once called Glorious Hearts as an epithet by many other clubs. Difficult to believe that now. What little belief I had in the integrity of the sport is now just a sad wee flickering flame. I won't be looking at results, or the football news, the BBC, the SFA website, Sky sports or any other medium except the occasional check in on kickback. I will go to home games and carefully pick any away games. Never say never, so maybe that will change but for the forseeable future it's Hearts and only Hearts.

I believe the Club should continue to behave with the integrity it has shown so far and fulfil all the official stuff. We don't want unscrupulous people fining the club at every opportunity.  FOH can be a bit more assertive. It's clear from posts that some fans will not stop going to games and that is their right. So I have one suggestion to keep a united front.

Let's accept that  number of fans will go to away games so let's galvanise them into our small protest group rather than condemn them. Many people won't be going at all - probably enough to not only make a point, but direct all out attention onto getting Hearts up to where we belong.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I largely agree. I was actually pleasantly surprised the last time that we won as consistently as we did. It’s not a given that will be repeated however I am still confident of winning promotion.

Need to sign some characters, who dont ditch the season and fall apart after a couple of losses, or getting groaned at for shanking it. 

A manager who wants to be here, and has proven it, should help tho !

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

I've been a Hearts supporter since my Granddad lifted me over the turnstiles about 56 years ago. I love the club. We were once called Glorious Hearts as an epithet by many other clubs. Difficult to believe that now. What little belief I had in the integrity of the sport is now just a sad wee flickering flame. I won't be looking at results, or the football news, the BBC, the SFA website, Sky sports or any other medium except the occasional check in on kickback. I will go to home games and carefully pick any away games. Never say never, so maybe that will change but for the forseeable future it's Hearts and only Hearts.

I believe the Club should continue to behave with the integrity it has shown so far and fulfil all the official stuff. We don't want unscrupulous people fining the club at every opportunity.  FOH can be a bit more assertive. It's clear from posts that some fans will not stop going to games and that is their right. So I have one suggestion to keep a united front.

Let's accept that  number of fans will go to away games so let's galvanise them into our small protest group rather than condemn them. Many people won't be going at all - probably enough to not only make a point, but direct all out attention onto getting Hearts up to where we belong.

the important thing is to turn the negative of a boycott into a positive of backing the club ie. donating ticket money saved to Hearts and presumably most away games will be Friday nights on BBC Scotland, so open up every hospitality suite in the club and encourage fans to Tynecastle instead.

ginger jambo98

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-responds-hearts-owner-ann-budge-over-disproportionate-financial-damage-2927503

Doncunter basically saying we couldn't have finished the season up here. England could because they were allowed to continue training. Pretty sure they stopped training too and only restarted after negotiating with the government to show they had a plan for testing, isolation, safe training etc. SPFL made no such approach to Scottish government as they didn't want to finish the season. He should have approved Ms Sturgeon to establish what was possible. He didn't and therefore failed as a leader proving he is no more than an administrator. 

He repeats that he carried out the wishes of the 80%, showing no leadership. He says he is a servant of the SPFL, for £400k I want a strong leader, if I want a servant it'll be on Living Wage Foundation. An utter charlatan of a man. 

2 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-responds-hearts-owner-ann-budge-over-disproportionate-financial-damage-2927503

Doncunter basically saying we couldn't have finished the season up here. England could because they were allowed to continue training. Pretty sure they stopped training too and only restarted after negotiating with the government to show they had a plan for testing, isolation, safe training etc. SPFL made no such approach to Scottish government as they didn't want to finish the season. He should have approved Ms Sturgeon to establish what was possible. He didn't and therefore failed as a leader proving he is no more than an administrator. 

He repeats that he carried out the wishes of the 80%, showing no leadership. He says he is a servant of the SPFL, for £400k I want a strong leader, if I want a servant it'll be on Living Wage Foundation. An utter charlatan of a man. 

This 80% figure is doing my head in. It doesn't matter if 80% back something. That is now how our voting structure works.

95% of teams could vote for something but if the remaining 5% (2 teams from Premiership) vote against it then it fails. Shove your 80% shite.

Edited by hughesie27

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

This 80% figure is doing my head in. It doesn't matter if 80% back something. That is now how our voting structure works.

95% of teams could vote for something but if the remaining 5% (2 teams from Premiership) vote against it then it fails. Shove your 80% shite.

Also the fact that the vite itself was loaded in a way to make people vote for it. They had one option to vote in. Just because 80% voted for it, doesn't justify it was the correct call.

More absolute shite from the SPFL.  England went into lockdown at the same time as Scotland.  English clubs were not allowed to continue training throughout.  Spurs players were caught training together in public parks when you were only allowed to exercise with members of your own household.  Even mega-rich EPL clubs and players weren't immune to the effects.  

If Rangers had been 1 point behind Celtic when the league was suspended, there is absolutely no way the SPFL would have tried to call it in March.  Absolutely no way, and absolutely everybody knows it.  

Clearly he'll just keep making it up as he goes along.  It's done him no harm so far.  

Edited by Bellion

39 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, David Black said:

It was the other way round. The Pink news main report was Hearts, the Green Dispatch main report was Hibs. I always remember standing in a crowd on a Saturday waiting for the News van to arrive and the a rush to get your copy of whichever one you wanted. Strange as well that in those days you could stand around talking to people of the opposite persuasion and have a laugh and joke. Now the only ones I can do that with are the same age group as myself, the coffin dodgers. Happy days.

Exactly as I remember it. Very occasionally the teleprinter on TV got a score wrong and I lived in hope after a bad result until I saw the score in pink and black in the Pink. In those days you actually believed what you read in the papers!

I still have somewhere a copy of the Pink (I think one of the last published) with the "Hearts in Paradise" headline of the report of the 1998 final.

Edited by Francis Albert

49 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

51 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Yup, its his protection (and other chairmen.) Majority of people voting for something that causes them little problem at the expense of 20% that face massive problems for it, does not make it fair.

He also is slimely about Ann's words of about this disproportionatly affecting clubs, its clear what she meant but he claims most miss revenue and income because of this. Yes but diproportinately means some lose way more than others.

David Black
15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Exactly as I remember it. Very occasionally the teleprinter on TV got a score wrong and I lived in hope after a bad result until I saw the score in pink and black in the Pink. In those days you actually believed what you read in the papers!

I still have somewhere a copy of the Pink (I think one of the last published) with the "Hearts in Paradise" headline of the report of the 1998 final.

How very true about believing what you read in papers. I remember that heading as well. If it had referred to me it would have been "David Black in tears."

1 hour ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Those not boycotting are giving money to clubs that have damaged us. Unacceptable behaviour. 

JamboGraham
38 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Speaking with supporters of other clubs at work though I have been taken a back by how little anyone cares about the detail of this situation. They all moved on months ago...

The 80% is a great sound bite and taken at face value sounds a clear mandate. Of course the reality of the situation was it passed by one disputed vote. The general feedback I am getting is a grudging acceptance that it wasn’t fair but it had to happen to someone (and they stopped listening or caring a long time ago because it wasn’t them). The SPFL PR machine has worked on this one. Their message got through, ours didn’t.

Outside of ourselves and Partick everyone gave up on this months ago (apart from a brief panic from the Calpol 3).

Even the CoS/arbitration process didn’t really generate any headlines or significant debate. Outside of ourselves few thought it had a chance and even less cared to comment on if, but or why.

It’s been utterly astonishing and reprehensible but we have been entirely out on our own on this one.

OmiyaHearts
3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Speaking with supporters of other clubs at work though I have been taken a back by how little anyone cares about the detail of this situation. They all moved on months ago...

The 80% is a great sound bite and taken at face value sounds a clear mandate. Of course the reality of the situation was it passed by one disputed vote. The general feedback I am getting is a grudging acceptance that it wasn’t fair but it had to happen to someone (and they stopped listening or caring a long time ago because it wasn’t them). The SPFL PR machine has worked on this one. Their message got through, ours didn’t.

Outside of ourselves and Partick everyone gave up on this months ago (apart from a brief panic from the Calpol 3).

Even the CoS/arbitration process didn’t really generate any headlines or significant debate. Outside of ourselves few thought it had a chance and even less cared to comment on if, but or why.

It’s been utterly astonishing and reprehensible but we have been entirely out on our own on this one.

Spot on. No one in my work raised an eyebrow when the arbitration decision was made. I only got one wind-up message via whatsapp.

No one out with our support (and PT) cares.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )