SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’ll stick in mine as well dot get me wrong. Scum like Jackson, Leckie, that fat ******* at Ayr etc wont ever be forgotten. I want us to come back first and foremost though the door is closed man. I’d like to think the club as whole will use that feeling to our advantage cos christ knows something needs to, to get a tune out of that ****ing shower. I’m raging at the players too, this is mostly their doing. 

Anyway we/I’m talking like crowds will be back anytime which isn’t anything more than a hope atm. I certainly wouldn’t be paying for any PPV from any of these clubs to watch that’s for certain. 
Anyway✌🏼

👍

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No intention of visiting any other ground than Tynecastle ever.

I find that quite an easy call, others are perfectly entitled to make their own decisions,  it's a free choice. 

letsmakesomenoise
54 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I'd imagine 8500 could socially distance within the stadium of near 20000 seats - no away fans of course

Seriously doubt it.  Every second row will need to be empty.  On top of that, there will need to be a couple of seats between spectators (unless from the same “bubble”).  Then theres the issue of needing the loo, nightmare getting in and out of a row.  Not to mention getting in, or out, the stadium or going to the john itself.

Hearts need to be encouraging folks to take up the “watch at home” option, rather than blindly signing folks up for season tickets.

davemclaren
33 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Seriously doubt it.  Every second row will need to be empty.  On top of that, there will need to be a couple of seats between spectators (unless from the same “bubble”).  Then theres the issue of needing the loo, nightmare getting in and out of a row.  Not to mention getting in, or out, the stadium or going to the john itself.

Hearts need to be encouraging folks to take up the “watch at home” option, rather than blindly signing folks up for season tickets.

How many are blindly signing up? Is it only you that can see the possible outcomes?

My main fear about supporters NOT boycotting away games is that the ones that do go will think themselves as superior/special,

when not really so as everyone else has thought this out.

Last thing we want are divisions amongst the support.

Chuck Berry

Hearts were claiming £8m in compensation.  Now whether the loss is anywhere near that is open to debate, but what isn't disputed is the the expulsion will cost the club £millions and it needs to be plugged somehow, raise money or reduce costs.

Think of that when handing over £25 to Rovers or Ayr or Dundee.

I've always assumed that losses would have to be covered in three ways:

1.  From our backers.  So whether that is Budge, Anderson or others, there needs to be some investment in the club.

2.  From our fans.  Basically, increased contributions through FoH and then hopefully donations in lieu of away tickets.

3.  From cost-cutting.  Reducing the player wage bill is a start and there will be other happenings too.

Decide among yourselves what the proportions will be across 1, 2 and 3.  Some will be larger than others.  Some would be essential without BCD - AB had acknowledged previously what relegation could cost us - but a 27-game season and BCD exacerbate it.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, alanbauld said:

My main fear about supporters NOT boycotting away games is that the ones that do go will think themselves as superior/special,

I wouldn’t think that of anyone tbh. You don’t want to go I totally understand why. 
I wouldn’t like to be thought of as a scab for actually going either. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

It's not just about breaking those clubs who were wanting us in the Championship for the gate money, though. It's also about giving Hearts the money we would have given those clubs. Hearts are taking a multi million pound hit because of the self interest of those clubs. We aren't getting any compensation, or the "solidarity payments" that the likes of Gray of Hamilton suggested should happen. Hearts will need the money more than the clubs in the Championship. They are not the ones who might have to make good people redundant because of this.

They've played along, with malice, with notions of reconstruction to avoid harm to the 3 clubs. They've said the demotions are unfair, and they would have fought against them too. They've said we were rubbish and were going down anyway. 

Werder Bremen, in a similar situation to us, stayed up.

Aston Villa, in a similar position to us, stayed up.

The bottom 5 clubs in the English Championship, at the suspension of play, all stayed up.

Nobody knows where those 24 points, we still had to play for, would have ended up. And I say that as one of many who saw the pathetic display at Paisley.

Hearts, and the other 2 clubs, are being told that they'll just have to "take their medicine", when no significant harm to any clubs was easy to arrange, but slightly financially detrimental to a few. So now we are being called out for wanting to help our club take that medicine, by diverting cash from the providers of that medicine to Hearts.

Any Hearts fan who choses to give their cash to the likes of Raith Rovers, to cheer on our team, is well entitled to. But please don't criticise any Hearts fan who can't give them their cash, and also give cash to help Hearts at the same time.

Fantastic post.

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

I've always assumed that losses would have to be covered in three ways:

1.  From our backers.  So whether that is Budge, Anderson or others, there needs to be some investment in the club.

2.  From our fans.  Basically, increased contributions through FoH and then hopefully donations in lieu of away tickets.

3.  From cost-cutting.  Reducing the player wage bill is a start and there will be other happenings too.

Decide among yourselves what the proportions will be across 1, 2 and 3.  Some will be larger than others.  Some would be essential without BCD - AB had acknowledged previously what relegation could cost us - but a 27-game season and BCD exacerbate it.

Absolutely. Cutting the squad, although they’re wages will go down in the Championship, will be the most important part for me. We need some off the wage bill for a few reasons, but it’s easier said than done at this particular time.

Bazzas right boot

Some of our loyal and staunch away supporters are probably banned from Tynecastle. 

Cannae go about fighting, flag waving and singing nawty songs at home. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely. Cutting the squad, although they’re wages will go down in the Championship, will be the most important part for me. We need some off the wage bill for a few reasons, but it’s easier said than done at this particular time.

Tbh, we lost a shit load of players from last season already. 

Another 4/5 Lilkey to go. 

3/4 in us my guess. 

The squad will be trimmer than last season. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

3/4 in us my guess. 

I think someone put up a list and we have 30 players with 1st team experience at the club. Let’s hope we can get quite a few out the door.https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/first-team/playing-squad adding Euan Henderson, Conor Smith, Chris Hamilton to that list. 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some of our loyal and staunch away supporters are probably banned from Tynecastle. 

Fair point. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

A Shoreditch Heart
21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

3/4 in us my guess. 

good - lets hope so !

colinmaroon
24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So they'll go to the away games and cement the diet-Hun tag.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, colinmaroon said:

So they'll go to the away games and cement the diet-Hun tag.

Probably. 

Spend a shit load at other grounds. 

Sing their bile. 

Not spend a penny at Tynecastle or at Hearts. 

PHM tho. 

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

It's not just about breaking those clubs who were wanting us in the Championship for the gate money, though. It's also about giving Hearts the money we would have given those clubs. Hearts are taking a multi million pound hit because of the self interest of those clubs. We aren't getting any compensation, or the "solidarity payments" that the likes of Gray of Hamilton suggested should happen. Hearts will need the money more than the clubs in the Championship. They are not the ones who might have to make good people redundant because of this.

They've played along, with malice, with notions of reconstruction to avoid harm to the 3 clubs. They've said the demotions are unfair, and they would have fought against them too. They've said we were rubbish and were going down anyway. 

The bottom 5 clubs in the English Championship, at the suspension of play, all stayed up.

Nobody knows where those 24 points, we still had to play for, would have ended up. And I say that as one of many who saw the pathetic display at Paisley.

Hearts, and the other 2 clubs, are being told that they'll just have to "take their medicine", when no significant harm to any clubs was easy to arrange, but slightly financially detrimental to a few. So now we are being called out for wanting to help our club take that medicine, by diverting cash from the providers of that medicine to Hearts.

Any Hearts fan who choses to give their cash to the likes of Raith Rovers, to cheer on our team, is well entitled to. But please don't criticise any Hearts fan who can't give them their cash, and also give cash to help Hearts at the same time.

Agreed!  BUT,

Mate, you're wasting your time!

6 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

This thread has ran its course I’d say!

Wait until we are heavily fined and kicked out of the league in about a week's time!

5 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Bang on.

Psychedelicropcircle
11 minutes ago, gator said:

Wait until we are heavily fined and kicked out of the league in about a week's time!

Aye I suppose we’d be as well!

4 hours ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Wtf is that last sentence all about 😂😂😂😂

manaliveits105
35 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

This thread has ran its course I’d say!

When the thread ends it must end with a message to Donkey 

maybe an ode from Jonno 

manaliveits105

BBC still at it I see - speccy McLaughlin report on news about return of crowds to football includes a St Liedoon fan saying doesn’t matter if you are a St Mirren fan going to Celtic or Rangers or a Hearts fan going to Arbroath you just want to see your team

tick tock ya paisley Jakey we will dance on your poxy wee Celticy clubs grave 
Get the bbc banned from Tynie ASAP 

davemclaren
4 hours ago, alanbauld said:

You sound quite superior. 😄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

BBC still at it I see - speccy McLaughlin report on news about return of crowds to football includes a St Liedoon fan saying doesn’t matter if you are a St Mirren fan going to Celtic or Rangers or a Hearts fan going to Arbroath you just want to see your team

tick tock ya paisley Jakey we will dance on your poxy wee Celticy clubs grave 
Get the bbc banned from Tynie ASAP 

Don't give these ****ers a moment of attention 

My 8 year old laddie wants to go to away games so we'll be going. He loves playing football and watching Hearts. I don't think I can take him to Dundee though, I was there as a kid in 86 and hate the place even before the 'vote'. 

Rick Sanchez

The only positive about this situation for me is that it has cemented my feelings for life. Ordinarily I'd have liked to see Kilmarnock or Motherwell etc do well in Europe but not anymore. I hope Motherwell get papped out in a one legged game v some Faroe Island mob.

Although I will laugh when the Old Firm are ragdolling other teams by 4 or 5 and when they get obvious decisions against them.

Only Hearts.

Rumour going round that hearts are getting point deduction for taking spfl to court... any truth in this anyone?

1 minute ago, Gary Locke said:

Rumour going round that hearts are getting point deduction for taking spfl to court... any truth in this anyone?

SFA don't run the league so can't deduct us points. Rules say fine/suspension I'm sure. 

15 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Did that rumour come from Hibs  per chance? 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

When the thread ends it must end with a message to Donkey 

maybe an ode from Jonno 

I agree totally, Jonno has a way with words that is unequalled on here, he effortlessly manages to combine eloquence with insult, in a most succinct fashion.

His utterances are on a par with William Shakespeare, that is if Shakespeare had suffered from Tourettes syndrome.

18 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

File under Hibsism , can't happen , fact 

16 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

SFA don't run the league so can't deduct us points. Rules say fine/suspension I'm sure. 

You are right, points deduction is not an option.  Fine, suspension or expulsion are the options. The latter two options will will not come into it, or we'll be straight back to Lord Clark.  Even a punitive fine would be unacceptable.  If they want to make any attempt at rebuilding bridges, a warning and / or suspended fine would be the way to go.

ToadKiller Dog
12 minutes ago, RobNox said:

You are right, points deduction is not an option.  Fine, suspension or expulsion are the options. The latter two options will will not come into it, or we'll be straight back to Lord Clark.  Even a punitive fine would be unacceptable.  If they want to make any attempt at rebuilding bridges, a warning and / or suspended fine would be the way to go.

I expect a initial small to medium fine ,with a larger fine on top but suspended for good behaviour  .

Our wings are clipped for a while in terms of demanding changes .

The Cabal will want to make a point to other clubs that they are in charge .

2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I expect a initial small to medium fine ,with a larger fine on top but suspended for good behaviour  .

Our wings are clipped for a while in terms of demanding changes .

The Cabal will want to make a point to other clubs that they are in charge .

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they went that way, I really don't believe we'll be hit by a sizeable fine, it will be more of a token gesture if anything.  As you say, something that allows them to assert their authority, without actually hurting us significantly.

I'd still like to think they might not fine us at all, in recognition that we've already been unfairly penalised.  Admonish us yes, but apply a suspended fine to be seen to be showing a bit of compassion that has thus far been severely lacking.

Don't suppose there's any chance Lord Clark could request that the decisions of the arbitration panel be made public as a matter of significant public interest. I mean...this country has, or so I've read, the highest per capita match attendance anywhere. Surely there would be significant public interest in finding out why the panel decided as they did?

Psychedelicropcircle

Had a look on P&B it’s like a mirror site of JKB! These plums spend more time on here than us!

It might be lost on the dingles over there that I’ve yet to see a screenshot put up here of their Shan site.

weirdos. 

Let's just accept we have been demoted/expelled. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Get rid of the shite and make sure we come straight back up. With the players we have it should be easy on paper, unfortunately we play on grass

48 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Let's just accept we have been demoted/expelled. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Get rid of the shite and make sure we come straight back up. With the players we have it should be easy on paper, unfortunately we play on grass

We can go around in circles with this but I will never accept that a pandemic shortened season and corrupt voting was our fault, yes I do accept that we are in the Championship, if we are not expelled from the league altogether!

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, gator said:

We can go around in circles with this but I will never accept that a pandemic shortened season and corrupt voting was our fault, yes I do accept that we are in the Championship, if we are not expelled from the league altogether!

And yet the supposedly impartial arbitration trio all could find nada fishy in the whole process. Even to the layman there were a myriad of dodgy/underhand dealings.

We had to have signed our life away when we first put our "john henry" to this contract.

Georgecowie
7 hours ago, EH23-Jambo said:

My 8 year old laddie wants to go to away games so we'll be going. He loves playing football and watching Hearts. I don't think I can take him to Dundee though, I was there as a kid in 86 and hate the place even before the 'vote'. 

Good for you. I genuinely believe Ann would have voted to help whoever had finished bottom if it hadn't been us. Others didn't, why should we be denied a good day at the football because of this. Leave them to their futures, ours should be filled with pride and enjoying a much improved team wherever we play. The bitterness is understandable but self defeating. Obviously, others disagree. 

30 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

And yet the supposedly impartial arbitration trio all could find nada fishy in the whole process. Even to the layman there were a myriad of dodgy/underhand dealings.

We had to have signed our life away when we first put our "john henry" to this contract.

Yes, no matter how some of the posters on here with some knowledge about these proceedings spun it I was still not convinced a panel picked from an SFA list would be impartial, it really stinks that this wasn't out in the open in COS, maybe acceptance of the verdict would have been easier, if in fact it was the same!

GorgieRules22
8 hours ago, Gary Locke said:

Gee it a ****ing rest 😂

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )