SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

10 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Sorry to be a pedant, but FTFY

Thanks, I took a guess, too lazy to look it up on wikipedia 😄

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lone Striker
57 minutes ago, Bellion said:

More absolute shite from the SPFL.  England went into lockdown at the same time as Scotland.  English clubs were not allowed to continue training throughout.  Spurs players were caught training together in public parks when you were only allowed to exercise with members of your own household.  Even mega-rich EPL clubs and players weren't immune to the effects.  

If Rangers had been 1 point behind Celtic when the league was suspended, there is absolutely no way the SPFL would have tried to call it in March.  Absolutely no way, and absolutely everybody knows it.  

Clearly he'll just keep making it up as he goes along.  It's done him no harm so far.  

Totally right there.  That statement from Doncaster is appalling nonsense .... just what you'd expect to hear from a government minister trying to defend a controversial policy.       His comment about the clubs voting  down the SPFL resolution aimed at giving them total power the next time is laughable -  "They declined ... and we absolutely respect that".           Apparently he's  a qualified lawyer - there can't be many lawyers who earn £400k without having any need to keep abreast of  UK law (he can delegate that to fatboy KcKenzie)  while being able to hide behind his company's shareholders for everything.

Nookie Bear
25 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Speaking with supporters of other clubs at work though I have been taken a back by how little anyone cares about the detail of this situation. They all moved on months ago...

The 80% is a great sound bite and taken at face value sounds a clear mandate. Of course the reality of the situation was it passed by one disputed vote. The general feedback I am getting is a grudging acceptance that it wasn’t fair but it had to happen to someone (and they stopped listening or caring a long time ago because it wasn’t them). The SPFL PR machine has worked on this one. Their message got through, ours didn’t.

Outside of ourselves and Partick everyone gave up on this months ago (apart from a brief panic from the Calpol 3).

Even the CoS/arbitration process didn’t really generate any headlines or significant debate. Outside of ourselves few thought it had a chance and even less cared to comment on if, but or why.

It’s been utterly astonishing and reprehensible but we have been entirely out on our own on this one.

Next time it will be us standing on the sidelines having a chuckle at the next victim of this league. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, baxterd1974 said:

She consistently criticised the decision, at least 4 articles during the process.

Then I apologise to her. I don't read the hootsmon and nobody cut pasted any of these articles on here.  Per chance do you have a link to the four other articles?

8 hours ago, Deevers said:

No doubt the misogynistic fat clown from Ayr will have something to say about that.

Excellent summing up of things from Moira Gordon though. The game here is in complete disarray and the whole lot at the top need cleared out for good. Celtic running things assisted by their acolytes from minnow clubs and a blundering, slavering idiot as CEO being payed a kings ransom. An absolute joke. No wonder the game here is a laughing stock. 

Splendid post D - perfectly sums up how i feel - Id only add, most Fans (If Honest) and players want a larger league and drop this 4 a season nonsense which can end up as 6 (I won't hold my breathe).  #Goingnowhere 

31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Next time it will be us standing on the sidelines having a chuckle at the next victim of this league. 

And when that happens we have to rub it in. A proper ‘told you so’. 

bean counter
23 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Splendid post D - perfectly sums up how i feel - Id only add, most Fans (If Honest) and players want a larger league and drop this 4 a season nonsense which can end up as 6 (I won't hold my breathe).  #Goingnowhere 

There was a survey of players taken and if I remember correctly about over 70% wanted a restructure

baxterd1974
49 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Then I apologise to her. I don't read the hootsmon and nobody cut pasted any of these articles on here.  Per chance do you have a link to the four other articles?

I tend to read the EN over lunch, old habits die hard. I don't have links but Google her name, it shows today's article with a show more link underneathere and the top few are very critical of what has gone on.

I have sent the following email to Bill Clark, chairman of Raith Rovers FC:

”Dear Mr Clark

I see from recent media reports that you referenced Tommy Walker in your podcast regarding the outcome of the recent arbitration and your hope that it would not queer your club’s  relationship with Heart of Midlothian FC. The same Tommy Walker was a man of outstanding honour and integrity and he would be appalled that his good name would be used in this circumstance. He would have also been appalled at the treatment of the 3 ‘relegated’ clubs and would have been ashamed that Raith Rovers had benefited unfairly by a promotion that it had not earned on the park and at the expense of Falkirk FC and Partick Thistle FC.

It did not have to be like this! The leagues could have been completed as they are in the vast majority of other countries. Alternatively the leagues could have been reconstructed so that there would have been no club unfairly penalised during a pandemic. Your club along with others chose to act selfishly and with no regard to your fellow clubs. You could have voted against curtailing the season until reconstruction had been agreed or voted for reconstruction thereafter. Your sympathy now is not worth a row of beans.

You express hope that Hearts fans won’t boycott your club for the foreseeable future. You are going to be seriously disappointed! Karma is beautiful is it not?

Yours in sport“

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Berra than you said:

Also the fact that the vite itself was loaded in a way to make people vote for it. They had one option to vote in. Just because 80% voted for it, doesn't justify it was the correct call.

This is something that none of these, so called journalists/presenters never drill him now on. The clubs were told they couldn't get their prize money without a "yes" vote. Something that was another lie. The vote had this, and other, misinformation attached to it.

He's a snake.

7 minutes ago, Papa said:

”Dear Mr Clark

I see from recent media reports that you referenced Tommy Walker in your podcast regarding the outcome of the recent arbitration and your hope that it would not queer your club’s  relationship with Heart of Midlothian FC. The same Tommy Walker was a man of outstanding honour and integrity and he would be appalled that his good name would be used in this circumstance. He would have also been appalled at the treatment of the 3 ‘relegated’ clubs and would have been ashamed that Raith Rovers had benefited unfairly by a promotion that it had not earned on the park and at the expense of Falkirk FC and Partick Thistle FC.

It did not have to be like this! The leagues could have been completed as they are in the vast majority of other countries. Alternatively the leagues could have been reconstructed so that there would have been no club unfairly penalised during a pandemic. Your club along with others chose to act selfishly and with no regard to your fellow clubs. You could have voted against curtailing the season until reconstruction had been agreed or voted for reconstruction thereafter. Your sympathy now is not worth a row of beans.

You express hope that Hearts fans won’t boycott your club for the foreseeable future. You are going to be seriously disappointed! Karma is beautiful is it not?

Yours in sport“

Feel better?

Diadora Van Basten
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

This 80% figure is doing my head in. It doesn't matter if 80% back something. That is now how our voting structure works.

95% of teams could vote for something but if the remaining 5% (2 teams from Premiership) vote against it then it fails. Shove your 80% shite.

80% with a gun to their heads! It is to ICT credit that they voted against even though voting for it would have meant they received £200k that week.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

His comment about the clubs voting  down the SPFL resolution aimed at giving them total power the next time is laughable -  "They declined ... and we absolutely respect that".

Apologies for quoting you @Lone Striker - yours the most recent one I read commenting on this.

Was this vote subject to the same voting rules as the other shite they try to pull?

Will we ever find out the vote-count for this charade?

24 minutes ago, Papa said:

”Dear Mr Clark

Yours in sport“

I like it, classy and to the point, without resorting to any kind of abuse. I doubt I could have been so restrained with the snakey, weasly wankpiece.

Class of 75
28 minutes ago, Papa said:

”Dear Mr Clark

Yours in sport“

Well said my friend. The late great Tommy Walker would indeed have been ashamed at both the antics of Raith and Scottish football as a whole. Thank you. 

31 minutes ago, Papa said:

”Dear Mr Clark

Yours in sport“

Look forward to reading any response you may get.

But I won't be holding my breath

Nookie Bear
33 minutes ago, Papa said:

”Dear Mr Clark

Yours in sport“

Excellent !

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This boycott of away grounds needs to be done. It will seriously boil some piss and we should be trying to aggravate these clubs as much as possible for as long as possible.

FOH should lead with this. They’re the only group who can effectively co-ordinate it. Spread the message firmly and consistently and people will stick to it.

Craig Herbertson
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Those not boycotting are giving money to clubs that have damaged us. Unacceptable behaviour. 

I don't disagree really. Just think we might as well use the hopefuly tiny amount that go to protest.

23 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I like it, classy and to the point, without resorting to any kind of abuse. I doubt I could have been so restrained with the snakey, weasly wankpiece.

:rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This boycott of away grounds needs to be done. It will seriously boil some piss and we should be trying to aggravate these clubs as much as possible for as long as possible.

FOH should lead with this. They’re the only group who can effectively co-ordinate it. Spread the message firmly and consistently and people will stick to it.

Hopefully they all boycott us back.

Win win 

The Real Maroonblood
52 minutes ago, Papa said:

”Dear Mr Clark

Yours in sport“

👍

Berra than you
56 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

This is something that none of these, so called journalists/presenters never drill him now on. The clubs were told they couldn't get their prize money without a "yes" vote. Something that was another lie. The vote had this, and other, misinformation attached to it.

He's a snake.

Exactly. Only one journalist has been consistent on that and it's Tom English. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's been bang on the whole way through this saga.

2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Speaking with supporters of other clubs at work though I have been taken a back by how little anyone cares about the detail of this situation. They all moved on months ago...

The 80% is a great sound bite and taken at face value sounds a clear mandate. Of course the reality of the situation was it passed by one disputed vote. The general feedback I am getting is a grudging acceptance that it wasn’t fair but it had to happen to someone (and they stopped listening or caring a long time ago because it wasn’t them). The SPFL PR machine has worked on this one. Their message got through, ours didn’t.

Outside of ourselves and Partick everyone gave up on this months ago (apart from a brief panic from the Calpol 3).

Even the CoS/arbitration process didn’t really generate any headlines or significant debate. Outside of ourselves few thought it had a chance and even less cared to comment on if, but or why.

It’s been utterly astonishing and reprehensible but we have been entirely out on our own on this one.

Of course supporters of other Clubs did not care, they were unaffected.  They will be during season 2002/2021 as the maroon pound will be absent.  Any way everything is ok now Neill will keep his bonus and some Clubs will cease too exists before next May.

Rogue Daddy
31 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Dear Mr Clark

Go and **** yourself

Yours and no hard feelings

Italian Lambretta

😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

Well said , only one small point is that you omitted to mention he and his Board are no longer welcome to visit Tynecastle.

14 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

What’s the possible outcomes from the sfa hearing On the 6th August 

Anything from a warning to £500k and/or suspension from the league.

They are unlikely to do that having had a warning about its legality from a judge.

They would also look equally bad hitting a heavy fine when the club is being hammered by an unfair expulsion.

I see a warning and a suspended fine.

Edited by Jamboelite

SuperAustin
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

They are unlikely to do that having had a warning about its legality from a judge.

They would also look equally bad hitting a heavy fine when the club is being hammered by an unfair expulsion.

Cheers 👍

9 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Decent logic applied there. Hope you are right. They’re a nasty, power hungry bunch though. 

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

Don't think the OP read his email.

The last paragraph goes against everything TW as pointed out in his email would see fair.

All for not going to away games, but please don't use people who can't reply

Given all that's happened thus far would anybody be surprised if we got skelped with a big fine.

Having read doncasters "vindicated" statement followed by his almost goading response to Ann Budge today getting a bad press doesn't appear to worry the cabal.

And lets be honest why would it as they appear untouchable supported by some of the most incompotent feeble minded owners & chairmen of clubs (and up until recently we were part of his "support")

Pathetic worms being allowed to take the p*ss on an almost daily basis

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, Papa said:

”Dear Mr Clark

Yours in sport“

That's superb, Papa.   👍The entire RR board should be ashamed of themselves - shafting Falkirk (a smidgeon behind them in 2nd)  as well as the Expelled 3 by refusing to support reconstruction.    Maybe we should send them a tin  of  Splenda - Clark did say he was hoping for some sweeteners   😜

Lone Striker
58 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I hope you're right, but as others have pointed out, our football mafia are on a roll - vindicated by their own court, and already putting out statements intended to extinguish any smouldering discontent in other clubs.    Handing down a substantial fine would re-enforce their untouchability.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I hope you're right, but as others have pointed out, our football mafia are on a roll - vindicated by their own court, and already putting out statements intended to extinguish any smouldering discontent in other clubs.    Handing down a substantial fine would re-enforce their untouchability.  

Should just give them our 2 years notice and pack it in

I cannot believe the brass neck of Bill Clark, but then again I should have learned by now that some of these snakes have no shame.

He talks about building bridges, like we should all just forgive and forget the shameful behaviour that will put poor people out of work during a pandemic.  If him and his fellow snakes hadn't burned their bridges in the first place, there would be no need to rebuild anything.  

He talks about the great relationship between Hearts and Raith over a long period of time.  That just makes their actions even worse.  Was he considering our long standing relationship when he voted to shaft us?  No, that never entered his thoughts, which were completely clouded by £ signs.

I sincerely hope that he wasn't trying to allude to McCrae's Battalion when he made that comment.  Those comrades stood side by side in the trenches, they didn't go about shooting each other in the back.

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

The temptation of the cabal to hammer home their current advantage may be overwhelming to them. On the other hand, it may be that voices are being heard that are urging a common sense outcome to promote the narrative of forgive and forget that some of the clubs, for whatever their reason, are promoting.

A severe punishment would certainly be seen by Hearts and Partick, as well as some other clubs, as being keeping the in fighting and bad feeling going, at a time when some really want to try to start, what will be a very long, healing process.

A severe punishment certainly wouldn’t discourage Hearts fans from pressing ahead with a campaign of boycotting away matches.

However, common sense and fairness are not qualities that are usually expected from the SFA.

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I cannot believe the brass neck of Bill Clark, but then again I should have learned by now that some of these snakes have no shame.

He talks about building bridges, like we should all just forgive and forget the shameful behaviour that will put poor people out of work during a pandemic.  If him and his fellow snakes hadn't burned their bridges in the first place, there would be no need to rebuild anything.  

He talks about the great relationship between Hearts and Raith over a long period of time.  That just makes their actions even worse.  Was he considering our long standing relationship when he voted to shaft us?  No, that never entered his thoughts, which were completely clouded by £ signs.

I sincerely hope that he wasn't trying to allude to McCrae's Battalion when he made that comment.  Those comrades stood side by side in the trenches, they didn't go about shooting each other in the back.

Post of the day, Rob.  👍

39 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If we are to be subjected to a fine, tell the bunch of cretins we will make our cheque out to "Save the Children" I would rather benefit STC than pay for ALL the "freebies" enjoyed by the suits in SFA

21 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

NSW will be next.

Started in QLD now, after two f*ckwits went to Melbourne and lied on their return !!!!!

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

Great post! The hypocrisy from many of these chairmen is astounding, they come across as being very stupid and out of touch with reality, Scottish football is in trouble with people like this having so much influence on important decisions!

Magic Numbers

The Podcast with the Levein/Clark/Broadfoot/English/MacIntyre interviews/discussion

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08m1jlp

Bill Clark talking about the last round of reconstruction votes which 26 clubs voted down.

Making comment on why RRFC voted against reconstruction, he comes out with this statement - "at that time, we were coming under a lot of pressure, being told that if you don't vote the way that certain clubs wanted us to vote, you're either stupid, or you have got prejudice against us"

Not a single pundit seemed to pick him up on this and question him further on it, but does that not strike folk as a worrying fact?  Who was putting them under pressure - other chairmen?  Doncaster himself?  Lawwell? Which other clubs? - Celtic?  - the prejudice bit would certainly fit their style. 

Guaranteed if RRFC were being pressurised, then so were many other clubs. 

Thoughts?

15 minutes ago, Magic Numbers said:

The Podcast with the Levein/Clark/Broadfoot/English/MacIntyre interviews/discussion

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08m1jlp

Bill Clark talking about the last round of reconstruction votes which 26 clubs voted down.

Making comment on why RRFC voted against reconstruction, he comes out with this statement - "at that time, we were coming under a lot of pressure, being told that if you don't vote the way that certain clubs wanted us to vote, you're either stupid, or you have got prejudice against us"

Not a single pundit seemed to pick him up on this and question him further on it, but does that not strike folk as a worrying fact?  Who was putting them under pressure - other chairmen?  Doncaster himself?  Lawwell? Which other clubs? - Celtic?  - the prejudice bit would certainly fit their style. 

Guaranteed if RRFC were being pressurised, then so were many other clubs. 

Thoughts?

Thanks for posting the link, I am only part way through it but the host asking Tom English if he owes the SPFL an apology about says it all of this media! Shocking!

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Exactly as I remember it. Very occasionally the teleprinter on TV got a score wrong and I lived in hope after a bad result until I saw the score in pink and black in the Pink. In those days you actually believed what you read in the papers!

I still have somewhere a copy of the Pink (I think one of the last published) with the "Hearts in Paradise" headline of the report of the 1998 final.

If I wasn't at the game we used to get a copy of the news about 4pm for half time scores

John Findlay

I have listened to the podcast from start to finish and nobody on that edition deserves any credit, why?

Because all of them still refuse to name the elephant in the room which is the big Glasgow two. Craig Levein came closest when the 11-1 voting in the premiership was briefly touched upon, when he said he has always disagreed with it, but knows why it is there. It is there so that either Celtic or Sevco can vote down something they dont like, which is basically those two not getting the lions share of what little money there is in Scottish football.

Still no one involved in Scottish football whether they be an administrator, director, journalist, pundit, coach or manager have the balls to say it.

To change Scottish football you have to go up against those two. The problem is no other club is powerful to do it on their own, but there are not enough others with the balls to be stood up and counted.

It is apparent they are all frightened of celtic and I know it was sevco before they were sevco in the past, it is corrupt from the top down and @Magic Numbers makes a good point when this idiot from Raith goes on about being pressured, why did not one of the panelists ask him to elaborate! I have great respect for Tom English through this whole debacle and CL has been good in his media role and taken our side well but are these guys shackled or just scared of the bigot brothers?

We have traditionally taken pretty big numbers to Stark's Park. I hope the majority 90%+ resist the temptation when fans are allowed back. Absolute creetin of a man :(

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )