SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, Rab Mac52 said:

At last, someone with balls - well maybe not. 

Moira Gordon: Vindication? SPFL should hang their heads in shame

Whole episode an embarrassment for Scottish football

Wednesday, 29th July 2020, 7:30 am - Moira Gordon The Scotsman

Following the findings of the arbitration process, the whole of Scottish football now has no alternative but to accept that the SPFL decision to demote Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer was not unlawful. Unpalatable and even unconscionable? Yes, to a large number of bemused, angry and frustrated onlookers that remains a more pertinent description. But, apparently, not unlawful.

It has been said that the law is an ass and in this case, despite proceedings taking place behind closed doors, its asinine qualities were front and centre.

By all legal measurements, the selfish decision to call a halt to the league season was sound but, let’s be honest, the ruling wasn’t a pungent enough air freshener. The whole thing still stinks to high heaven. The perfect example of being right while wrong. It is like comparing tax evasion with tax avoidance. One may be lawful but, in the eyes of many, it doesn’t make it any less morally corrupt.

That must be everyone’s hope but it is likely to be forlorn. Lasting damage was done to the game this summer and, if the SPFL see any vindication in that, then they should hang their heads in shame.

...now there's two words that perfectly sum up the SPFL & Dungcaster.

A few more pieces of editorial like this are long overdue. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Rogue Daddy
56 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I look forward to the vote to end the season in November, with Rangers and Celtic tied on points.

...at the bottom of the league?

Rogue Daddy
28 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Yeah a good article from Moira Gordon but as someone mentioned, where was her support 2-3 months ago?    I'm looking for a decent Saturday newspaper that has good sport coverage, the Sun and Record are just comics with childish journalism.  Does anyone know of a good paper?  I would be tempted by the Scotsman but always thought that, along with EEN was very much aligned to the unwashed East of the city.

I'm looking for a decent website/app to keep up with things. Sick of the BBC and the SKY app/website is only interested in the EPL or the uglies.

Help please....

JamboGraham
11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Can someone clarify

If once the season starts before a game one team has Covid and the other hasn’t and the Covid team can’t fulfil their fixture does the other team get a 3-0 win.

Or have the rules been changed? I guess there is that rule where you can apply for a game to be postponed due to illness but if only one player has Covid that is only one illness.

7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If one has the virus and been in contact with others at the club everybody would have to self isolate.  Going to fun watching how this pans out over the next few weeks

Was discussing this with supporters of other clubs yesterday. Despite all the “vindicated” and “delighted” talk the league has done nothing to prepare, plan or mitigate for any of the currently identified possible scenarios that could face Scottish football again this season.

They have learned nothing from recent experience.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

No surprise.

Good.

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Can someone confirm if the chat on here last week about the SPFL having offered us  £2m compensation to pull out/abandon the Arbitration process  had any actual substance ?      Or do we just file it under "look at me" poster pish ?

Like pretty much everything posted about what was happening during the process I’d quite confidently file that under “complete fantasy/utter shite/made up lies“

This thread is still overflowing with nonsense. We’ve now moved on to acting like Hearts fans from the 80’s when It really just needs closed now. It’s been a bit of an all round riddy. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Was discussing this with supporters of other clubs yesterday. Despite all the “vindicated” and “delighted” talk the league has done nothing to prepare, plan or mitigate for any of the currently identified possible scenarios that could face Scottish football again this season.

I was thinking this as well. 

It's like we're on a train track walking towards the big shiney light. 

I'd bet on this happening again and us having 2/3 leagues by next season. 

If there's no fans until after the year, I can't see how all clubs will make it either. 

Many other fans have been pointing and laughing at us, while their squads have lost players, barley added, have deffered wages to pay, no crowds, testing to be done and have all been of furlough for a month. 

If there are reduced crowds from October ( say 30-50%) it will help the smaller teams , the bigger teams will have the St boost to help them through, but if there are no crowds until January, every team could be ****ed and there is nothing in place. 

Whatever happens, the quality of the product is even less now. 

This was clearly the time for change. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If it is BCD at least Game 3 should generate crowds for ICT. It means we would have 2 away games against them and 1 home.

More likely, they will make sure we have 13 home and 14 away. Anything to maximise punishment in any way, shape or form.

:spoton:and i would expect us to have a slightly higher proportion of home games when BCD or very reduced fan numbers to try and punish us

Angry Haggis
19 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Thats my take on it - other than the failed resolution on spfl  emergency powers during such a situation. It’s a mess perpetuated by the lack of leadership and total shit show over the last few months. For me the only way forward is for someone new to come in now with a fresh approach and make a star5 on all the issues facing the game. 

Easier said than done. Aberdeen ceo has started making the right noises - lets be honest nothing will happen without the. OST powerful club (Celtic) pushing for change. Which is not going to happen as the status qou suits them nicely and why rock the boat now with 10IAR on the horizon. If we hit some other pause this season I fully expect them to go into overdrive to make sure at whatever cost that they realise 10IAR. It will be telling when we get into winter and hit cv19 issues affecting the Scottish game. 

Edited by Angry Haggis

3fingersreid
34 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

We may play a dozen games in the championship season to come.

What are the penalties for being unable to field a team?

Because some of the smaller clubs won’t sustain this

I would take a guess at a points deduction similar to admin and Hearts being awarded a 2 or 3 nil win ? 

going back to that  doncaster, mr vindication, my daughter in all likelihood will lose her job at Hearts if they cut back given she’s on a zero hours contract , so his comment about vindication will result in me sending an e-mail to him asking him to explain that to me and my daughter more fully how exactly it’s vindication . 

I genuinely don’t think I could contain myself if I ever have the misfortune of being in his vicinity . 

As the 'top seeded' team in the Championship, we really should be 14 at home and 13 away.

Along with Inverness, Dundee, Ayr and Arbroath.

Dunfermline, Morton, Alloa, QoS and Raith should be the opposite.

Edited by DETTY29

54 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Can someone clarify

If once the season starts before a game one team has Covid and the other hasn’t and the Covid team can’t fulfil their fixture does the other team get a 3-0 win.

Or have the rules been changed? I guess there is that rule where you can apply for a game to be postponed due to illness but if only one player has Covid that is only one illness.

I doubt it has been thought through.

These are rules that should have been brought in but we probably wouldn't get an agreement in case 'what if that was my team'

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Yeah a good article from Moira Gordon but as someone mentioned, where was her support 2-3 months ago?    I'm looking for a decent Saturday newspaper that has good sport coverage, the Sun and Record are just comics with childish journalism.  Does anyone know of a good paper?  I would be tempted by the Scotsman but always thought that, along with EEN was very much aligned to the unwashed East of the city.

Evening News and Scotsman have introduced a subscription charge if you want to read them online. I won't be subscribing. Can anyone suggest another online source for impartial, or Hearts leaning, up to date news and sports?

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I would take a guess at a points deduction similar to admin and Hearts being awarded a 2 or 3 nil win ? 

going back to that  doncaster, mr vindication, my daughter in all likelihood will lose her job at Hearts if they cut back given she’s on a zero hours contract , so his comment about vindication will result in me sending an e-mail to him asking him to explain that to me and my daughter more fully how exactly it’s vindication . 

I genuinely don’t think I could contain myself if I ever have the misfortune of being in his vicinity . 

This post as really annoyed me.

So I can only imagine how you really feel.

manaliveits105
33 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

This 

17 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Evening News and Scotsman have introduced a subscription charge if you want to read them online. I won't be subscribing. Can anyone suggest another online source for impartial, or Hearts leaning, up to date news and sports?

Right click on the link and open it in a private window, it says you have 5 more pages but resets every time you use a private window/Incognito

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

An unfair response to an excellent article by Moira Gordon. Numerous journalists and commentators have said the same, just not as well. 

I agree with adso7. The press could have put pressure on the SPFL and the Scottish government during this sorry episode but only the Glasgow press rallied round the OF cause to make sure we where painted as the party in the wrong. Most days I searched the Scotsman and Evening News for journalistic support for one of their local teams and NADA. All they did was quote the Glasgow press. I have now stopped my subscriptions to both. 

53 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

going back to that  doncaster, mr vindication, my daughter in all likelihood will lose her job at Hearts if they cut back given she’s on a zero hours contract  . 

When did we start doing zero hours contracts again. Did we not bin those when we signed up to the Scottish Business Pledge, first football club to do it I believe ?

SectionDJambo
46 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Your daughter's situation is the main one that Mr Vindication doesn't care about, as long as he gets his money.

Has anyone in the Scottish sports media raised the question of whether he paid back commission received for the broadcasting deals that have been subject to refunds? He wanted the new Sky deal to start on time, so he could get his new bonus. Is he, and his kind within the SPFL, the only entity within this disgraceful affair, who is not going to suffer any financial loss due to the cessation of last season due to a global pandemic?

I hope your daughter manages to keep her position at our club.

Unknown user
49 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I was getting pissed off by the amount of Hearts fans saying Let's just take the relegation and scoosh the championship.

Bullshit, good people losing their jobs because of a vote taken by their competitors is wrong, and we had to fight every step of the way.

Sorry to hear about your daughter, that ****er Doncaster needs to have a long look in the mirror.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

When did we start doing zero hours contracts again. Did we not bin those when we signed up to the Scottish Business Pledge, first football club to do it I believe ?

He didn't say she was employed by Hearts, only at Hearts.

manaliveits105

and that liar McLennan with the  no viable option routine - the man constantly ridiculed by Private Eye 

OmiyaHearts
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Many hospitality / retail businesses considering it again, due to the downturn in revenue. My wife's work also considering putting their staff on to it, as they simply can't afford to pay them the minimum contracted hours, given the money coming in.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

That’s the reality of decisions made by tinpot tossers who can’t be bothered getting a bus to Brora. 

Incidentally, I am not sure if clubs will face points deductions for admin as we are still in force majeur (sp?), although in the spirit of “moving on” perhaps that period should be closed. 

Hearts as Senna...

We get the (evolved) virus again next March.

We're 20 points clear in the league, 5 games left to play but then the SP*L says, "OK, no problem. We've got a 'better' deal to the TV this year so we're allowed to just cancel the leagues and we'll get the money now. We'll obviously just start the leagues from zero next season".

🤣

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Many hospitality / retail businesses considering it again, due to the downturn in revenue. My wife's work also considering putting their staff on to it, as they simply can't afford to pay them the minimum contracted hours, given the money coming in.

Sure, but that’s entirely due to Covid. nothing to do with the SPFL. BCD matches are also not the fault of the SPFL. The SPFL are to blame for many things. Folk losing jobs or hours in hospitality isn’t one of them. 

Ive no idea how Hearts staff their hospitality. I imagine they use some agency staff for busy events and match days. I’m pretty sure no one employed direct by Hearts is on a zero hours contract.

Tommy Brown
19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sorry to hear about your daughter, that ****er Doncaster needs to have a long look in the mirror.

If you looked like Doncaster, would you want to look in a mirror?

Never hated anybody as much in my life, horrible ***** of a man.

58 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

I use this site and particular page. It may help and it may not

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/SPFL/Scottish+Championship/Hearts

2 hours ago, Rab Mac52 said:

At last, someone with balls - well maybe not. 

Moira Gordon: Vindication? SPFL should hang their heads in shame

Whole episode an embarrassment for Scottish football

Wednesday, 29th July 2020, 7:30 am - Moira Gordon The Scotsman

Following the findings of the arbitration process, the whole of Scottish football now has no alternative but to accept that the SPFL decision to demote Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer was not unlawful. Unpalatable and even unconscionable? Yes, to a large number of bemused, angry and frustrated onlookers that remains a more pertinent description. But, apparently, not unlawful.

It has been said that the law is an ass and in this case, despite proceedings taking place behind closed doors, its asinine qualities were front and centre.

By all legal measurements, the selfish decision to call a halt to the league season was sound but, let’s be honest, the ruling wasn’t a pungent enough air freshener. The whole thing still stinks to high heaven. The perfect example of being right while wrong. It is like comparing tax evasion with tax avoidance. One may be lawful but, in the eyes of many, it doesn’t make it any less morally corrupt.

Monday’s decision was greeted by a smug statement from the SPFL hierarchy which, given the horrendous predicament they have left some of their members in, and the likely human cost due to unavoidable job losses, lacked class. It did nothing to express disappointment or regret that two of their members had felt so let down that they were compelled to take legal action and no real apology or recognition that the financial burden has fallen unfairly on the shoulders of three of their members, having sacrificed them for the greater good. It was not a statement likely to smooth the waters ahead of the next campaign. It was also selective in its interpretation of events.

“I am absolutely delighted that our approach has been vindicated throughout, following an intense period of legal scrutiny and review,” said SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, pictured.

Vindicated? Vindication would have come from a show of confidence in the SPFL board’s ability to handle another mess such as the one dredged up by the coronavirus pandemic. Instead, when a written resolution was circulated to clubs, suggesting power be transferred in the event of more Covid-related disruption, members denied them that authority. 

Why? Possibly because they know what happened this summer was not right. It just suited them better than the alternatives at the time. They know that may not be the case when trouble rolls around and they are the ones sitting bottom of the table with eight games remaining. Suddenly reconstruction or seeing the season out may feel like a viable option after all.

“It is regrettable that the league had to be concluded in the way that it was,” said SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan. “However, despite calls to the contrary from some parties, subsequent events, including the virtual shutdown of our entire country for months, confirm that there was no viable alternative. With contact training only being allowed to resume on 29 June, it was simply impossible for games to be played or for season 2019-20 to continue.”

Simply not true. If that was the case the 2019-2020 Scottish Cup would have been voided. Instead the SFA has decided to see things to a conclusion, opting to streamline this season’s tournament. 

That will be a major blow to the 60-odd clubs who miss out but at least everyone knows the parameters before a ball is kicked and the goalposts are not being moved during the contest. The league could have made the same decision if integrity and sportsmanship really meant something. But, this summer, only one thing spread quicker than the virus – self interest. 

So instead of finding a solution by which the league could be played out, people wailed about impracticalities and players being out of contract. But clubs start and finish seasons with different squads all the time, whether that be down to the January transfer window, injuries, managerial changes or the fact that loan deals and contracts expire midterm.

Television may have been the biggest obstacle – given that a streamlined season may mean fewer Old Firm clashes – but did anyone even raise the possibility or seek a similar solution?

Look at what we missed out on by not exploring all those options. In England there was drama right up to the last minute as teams battled for survival, for European places and their shot at moving up the ladder. And, in most cases, the final picture was very different from the one being painted with eight games to go. That is not to say that Hearts, Partick Thistle or Stranraer would have saved themselves but they should have been granted the opportunity to try. The fact they were not is the reason this season will always be an embarrassment for Scottish football.

Cynicism, sadly but understandably, coloured Hearts chairman Ann Budge’s statement, as she bemoaned the fact that “fellow member clubs and our governing bodies have stood back and allowed totally disproportionate financial damage to be imposed on three of its members”. She described it as shameful and she was spot on. She was also right to tackle their hypocrisy, fear and weakness.

“For too long, chairmen and owners have stood on the sidelines bemoaning the decision-making processes, the perceived lack of leadership, the lack of commercialism; the general shortcomings, as they see it, of Scottish football. However, if they really want things to change, it will take more than words. They will have to stand-up and be counted. 

“Sadly, I see little cause for optimism that things will improve any time soon in Scottish football. I hope I am wrong.”

That must be everyone’s hope but it is likely to be forlorn. Lasting damage was done to the game this summer and, if the SPFL see any vindication in that, then they should hang their heads in shame.

A brilliant article, however doubt if any of the Cretins in SPFL will actually read the Scotsman. Their preferred publications are the Daily Record. Sun and Dandy and Beano.💤💤 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed bud.

Only thing is, and I can't help it, and I may mellow, but at the moment I see any Jambo giving a penny to another club as a scab, quite frankly.

I presume you do not include donations to Partick or Stranraer in your rant?

55 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

This 

I’m already hearing the intense whistling and jeering from us when he walks out to present us with the trophy* (if he’s that daft).  *Yes, we will run rampant in the Championship!

A thick line of yellow vested security will be deployed around the perimeter of the pitch next May.

letsmakesomenoise
52 minutes ago, jackal said:

Right click on the link and open it in a private window, it says you have 5 more pages but resets every time you use a private window/Incognito

On an ipad, open the article in a second browser like Firefox.  Does the same thing re number of articles, but if youre only using it for one or two papers clearing down the data does not have the same nightmare effect as it would have in your main browser.

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, dallan said:

Interestingly it takes another women to see it as it really is....

My exact thoughts too. 👍   A woman from outwith the Weegia  bubble.    Excellent article from Moira. 

22 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

I’m already hearing the intense whistling and jeering from us when he walks out to present us with the trophy* (if he’s that daft).  *Yes, we will run rampant in the Championship!

A thick line of yellow vested security will be deployed around the perimeter of the pitch next May.

Keep seeing this we will run rampant and we will walk it.

I hope it is true. But it is a league full of teams similar to Hamilton and St Mirren.

And they were way to streetwise for the players we had last season and most of those we are still stuck with.

Needs some streetwise players brought in by Robbie for this league in my opinion.

#fighters #battlers.

1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

They are too busy congratulating themselves on what they see as a victory. When in fact all they have done is amplify their gross mishandling on the way football is run in Scotland.

If they had any real leadership they would understand that what has happened here is far from fair and caring for every club equally. Instread of being all smug that they have won due to the complexities of their rules and articles they should be looking to ensure that this sort of thing does not happen again.

It will be interesting to see what they do in the event of a second wave of Covid or do they think that that will not happen again and what they have in place is sufficient to cope.

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Tbf, her article was triggered by the final chapter (the panel verdict on Monday) - so not really fair to assume she hasn't commented before on previous  chapters in this farce.    

EEN is a joke now, even Banderson just reports on stuff and doesn't express an opinion or comment.  They've  had a Hibs leaning for decades, ever since Stewart Brown was their main football writer.    

Scotsman has gone way downhill over the decades since the days of John Rafferty and Mike Aitken - they were brilliant writers, regardless of which teams were involved.     Apparently Craig Fowler and/or Joel Sked are Hearts fans - but they write as if they're sitting in that View from the Terrace studio spouting pish to each other at high speed. 

The others you mention are just paper click-bait sh1te.

The 4th Official online stuff is decent though ... sometimes 😕

16 minutes ago, Australis said:

I hope it is true. But it is a league full of teams similar to Hamilton and St Mirren.

And they were way to streetwise for the players we had last season and most of those we are still stuck with.

Needs some streetwise players brought in by Robbie for this league in my opinion.

#fighters #battlers.

If these teams know they will be missing the maroon pound then the quality of players they can attract to their clubs will drop.

Hearts fans investing their maroon pounds in these clubs helps them challenge us on the park.

Cardiff Hearts

This scab terminology isn’t great tbh - pretty unsavoury and, for those of us wi long memories, some nasty memories. 

Call them establishment / anti change / pro Doncaster clubs....? 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Tbf, her article was triggered by the final chapter (the panel verdict on Monday) - so not really fair to assume she hasn't commented before on previous  chapters in this farce.    

EEN is a joke now, even Banderson just reports on stuff and doesn't express an opinion or comment.  They've  had a Hibs leaning for decades, ever since Stewart Brown was their main football writer.    

Scotsman has gone way downhill over the decades since the days of John Rafferty and Mike Aitken - they were brilliant writers, regardless of which teams were involved.     Apparently Craig Fowler and/or Joel Sked are Hearts fans - but they write as if they're sitting in that View from the Terrace studio spouting pish to each other at high speed. 

John Ayre was a good reporter as well.

David Black
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If rumours are to be believed the EEN will be lucky to see the year out. More business's going to the wall, less advertising which is what keeps it going and people like myself who use an ad blocker ( free) who doesn't see what adds are there. The EEN is hanging on with its finger tips.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

That’s the reality of decisions made by tinpot tossers who can’t be bothered getting a bus to Brora. 

Incidentally, I am not sure if clubs will face points deductions for admin as we are still in force majeur (sp?), although in the spirit of “moving on” perhaps that period should be closed. 

If the leagues start it is because the threat has lifted sufficiently, force majeure will not be a current factor!

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Force Majeure is not an accepted doctrine that applies regardless - it only applies to agreements where it has been expressly provided for ... and on the terms defined in that express provision. Few force majeure definitions actually cover covid-19. I don’t know if the SPFL’s articles of association or any other contract they have entered into is covered.

Lone Striker
17 minutes ago, Australis said:

#fighters #battlers.

I agree with you ......  Hearts have seldom  skooshed any competition in my lifetime (the Championship 5 years ago is the only one I can think of, and even that only became clear after January).    

I’ve not posted for a few weeks, back ‘in’ and very busy now! However I’ve followed this debacle on JKB intently.

For what it’s worth, I’m not surprised at the decision. If the panel were only looking at points of Law, then I guess the SPFL board have done enough to cover their backsides. It is what it is and we move on. If the panel were looking at fairness, common decency, dare I say ‘sporting integrity’, we may have had a different result.

In ‘moving on’, with rage still simmering, nay boiling within, I want us, my fellow Jambos, to come together galvanised by injustice, emboldened by the brickbats and fortified by the cruel fate which has befallen us.

Sure we can point the finger at many people who have led us to our current position; managers, players, the Board, the SPFL, other chairmen, the list goes on but where with that get us? Hopefully lessons are learned and we can start anew, another bright new dawn?

As we contemplate a season in the diddy league, we need to turn Tynecastle into the Colosseum of Fear; where opposition players, fans and chairman tremble at the thought of a visit. A bear bit, a cauldron of hatred so hostile, a visit to Aleppo would seem like a nice day out. A place so daunting, opposition players would succumb to their inevitable fate like the slaves of ancient Carthage.

We need to be at these opposition players, fans and officials from the minute they get of their coach outside Tynecastle; abuse, derision, castigation, a full armoury of insults, all within reason and acceptable parameters you understand. We need to let them know they will be in for a very, VERY uncomfortable afternoon indeed.

We, my fellow Jambos, must never forget the way we have been treated here; the parochial attitude of some chairmen, the ‘take your medicine’ brigade. We must ensure, as much as we can without hurting the team, these charlatans, these clowns DO NOT benefit one iota from the Maroon pound. They will not get the windfall they all hoped for by voting down reconstruction, the ONLY fair option, they will get nothing but abuse, derision and a damn good thrashing; on the pitch that is. I exclude ICT as they have conducted themselves in a highly commendable way, open and transparent.

To these Championship Chairman, these narrow-minded, self-serving, insular, arrogant little troglodytes, excluding Mr Morrison of course, I say, I will bathe in your tears…. BATHE. IN. YOUR. TEARS.

ALWAYS HEARTS, ONLY HEARTS.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, JL47 said:

Hibs were always evening news, Hearts were the old evening Dispatch a much better paper.

Always thought it was the other way round if only because of the colour of the Saturday evening sports editions.

28 minutes ago, Australis said:

#fighters #battlers.

Sorry but if a team with a backbone of Gordon, Haring, Naismith and Boyce don’t pish this league and have it wrapped it up before the Christmas trees are down some serious questions will be asked of Robbie Neilson and some very senior international footballers.

pettigrewsstylist
17 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I agree with you ......  Hearts have seldom  skooshed any competition in my lifetime (the Championship 5 years ago is the only one I can think of, and even that only became clear after January).    

Our current squad wont be skooshing anything i suspect. Our reduced budget will now be kicking in. Not so confident as some!

David Black
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Always thought it was the other way round if only because of the colour of the Saturday evening sports editions.

It was the other way round. The Pink news main report was Hearts, the Green Dispatch main report was Hibs. I always remember standing in a crowd on a Saturday waiting for the News van to arrive and the a rush to get your copy of whichever one you wanted. Strange as well that in those days you could stand around talking to people of the opposite persuasion and have a laugh and joke. Now the only ones I can do that with are the same age group as myself, the coffin dodgers. Happy days.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )