Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

It was so obvious this was going to happen at a great many clubs after ours. A few media arseholes shot their bolt a bit quickly. :lol:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

jamboinglasgow

Wouldn't surprise me if clubs are now reluctant to announce what is being done after the flak we got. We have become an easy target for any pundits and ex players to have a pop at so they seem knowledgeable and take the moral high ground

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see the mhanks are sniffing around Hickey looking for a bargain because we are in such dire straits. I suppose the other arse cheek would be as well if they had any money. ******* clubs both of them. 

Seen that on the internet news. Wonder what they’ll value him at given the fact that by their own valuation, Kieran Tierney went for £25M? No doubt it’ll only be a 70% valuation if he signs for them. I’m sure his auld man will be pointing him in this direction. Would rather he went south for less money imho

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Seen that on the internet news. Wonder what they’ll value him at given the fact that by their own valuation, Kieran Tierney went for £25M? No doubt it’ll only be a 70% valuation if he signs for them. I’m sure his auld man will be pointing him in this direction. Would rather he went south for less money imho

I think that is a story dredged up to fill space. There is no new information. 

Crystal Palace did sound credible when stories came out about their interest mid January. 

Still mainly up to what Aaron Hickey wants to do. But Hearts won't do a cut price deal. 

41 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Can we all just be clear now.  No football club, that is in the business of matchday experiences and have not yet sold season tickets for 2020/21, will be able to survive more than 6 months without revenue.  Yes, the bigger clubs will still be able to flog some kits online, but these will come nowhere near the wage budgets going out.  Bigger the club, bigger the stadium, bigger the crowds, bigger the wage bill.  Hearts' income from all activities will be more than 5 times that for St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Livingston and Ross County.  Are all their wage bills/overheads a fifth of ours?  No, they aren't.  These clubs rely pretty much solely on Celtic and Rangers moving in 2 times a season to boost the attendances.        

All the more reason to get our season tickets on sale now or sooner rather than later. I’ll be renewing regardless of what league we are in and I’m sure thousands of fellow jambos will do the same. It would be a ballsy approach by AB to do this seeing as we are at the vanguard of such football politics at the moment. IMHO she’ll be leading by example.

I want to see more of her hard hitting business acumen than the CL glove puppet she’s allowed herself to be these last 5 years. I’m confident that given our supporters past history, We will survive this episode 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Crystal Palace did sound credible when stories came out about their interest mid January. 

Still mainly up to what Aaron Hickey wants to do. But Hearts won't do a cut price deal. 

Not so sure about the filling space bit as there’s enough news to go around without dredging up old news.  In saying that, AH is on borrowed time and he will be sold, possibly by the end of the year but he won’t be sold on the cheap.

Given that the mhanks will think we’re desperate for income then it doesn’t surprise me they’re sniffing about with a bargain basement offer in the offing. That’s the norm for one of Scotland’s scummiest clubs. Don’t think his dad would ever let him sign for sevco though but I’m sure he’d walk over broken glass to sign for his boyhood idols. If this happens then I hope we get him in the shop window sooner rather than later 

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Not so sure about the filling space bit as there’s enough news to go around without dredging up old news.  In saying that, AH is on borrowed time and he will be sold, possibly by the end of the year but he won’t be sold on the cheap.

Given that the mhanks will think we’re desperate for income then it doesn’t surprise me they’re sniffing about with a bargain basement offer in the offing. That’s the norm for one of Scotland’s scummiest clubs. Don’t think his dad would ever let him sign for sevco though but I’m sure he’d walk over broken glass to sign for his boyhood idols. If this happens then I hope we get him in the shop window sooner rather than later 

Its speculation.

A deal might already be in place. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its speculation.

I wouldn’t rule this out either tbh 

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Tierney played 170 games for them before moving, including 28 European games so the comparison is pointless. 

And we are clearly vulnerable to low offers right now, so would expect anything we get to be well below of what we may have expected a couple months back. 

Of course, we should be looking to do the same to other clubs in the meantime!

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Tierney played 170 games for them before moving, including 28 European games so the comparison is pointless. 

And we are clearly vulnerable to low offers right now, so would expect anything we get to be well below of what we may have expected a couple months back. 

Of course, we should be looking to do the same to other clubs in the meantime!

AH is the best young prospect for miles around in Scotland so I wouldn’t say comparison is pointless. Celtic are guaranteed European football every year, we are not and never will be. But yes in the current market KT could justify that fee. AH won’t ever be afforded that luxury until he moves on. Billy Gilmore seems a steal at £500k and I bet the orcs are secretly fuming they let him go so cheaply  

We don’t have any money to buy new players until we shift all the deadwood out the door first. We are still paying for players out on loan as well as new players signed in January. The club is in a mess and needs sorted out before our over inflated squad gets any bigger 

5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Apart from the one where she saved the club

So did Mercer and Romanov,it were we end up is the worrying thing,the same seems to repeat every 5 years.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

AH is the best young prospect for miles around in Scotland so I wouldn’t say comparison is pointless. Celtic are guaranteed European football every year, we are not and never will be. But yes in the current market KT could justify that fee. AH won’t ever be afforded that luxury until he moves on. Billy Gilmore seems a steal at £500k and I bet the orcs are secretly fuming they let him go so cheaply  

We don’t have any money to buy new players until we shift all the deadwood out the door first. We are still paying for players out on loan as well as new players signed in January. The club is in a mess and needs sorted out before our over inflated squad gets any bigger 

I don’t think they had much choice as he wanted to go and was only 15 at the time, £500 plus add ons was probably as good as they could get. Hopefully he plays for Chelsea and doesn’t get sold 😃.

The EEN have an article showing when our THIRTY EIGHT first team players are out of contract, which obviously depends on the 50% cut/suspension of payments or terminations. 
Not knowing when next season starts or who the manager will be I don’t think we should be looking at anyone for next season, especially if it’s the choice of the two charlatans sharing the SD role at the club currently.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might have to if he wants to go to Celtic and no-one else. 

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

All the more reason to get our season tickets on sale now or sooner rather than later. I’ll be renewing regardless of what league we are in and I’m sure thousands of fellow jambos will do the same. It would be a ballsy approach by AB to do this seeing as we are at the vanguard of such football politics at the moment. IMHO she’ll be leading by example.

I want to see more of her hard hitting business acumen than the CL glove puppet she’s allowed herself to be these last 5 years. I’m confident that given our supporters past history, We will survive this episode 

I agree but it’s difficult to set a price when league is unknown and number of games is unknown. 

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Hickey is another Paterson waiting to happen. He won’t sign a new deal. He’ll let this one run out and he’ll refuse a transfer if the terms and the new club don’t suit him . We’ll get a minimal development fee and he’ll get a sign on fee and a bumper wage somewhere else. If I was his dad that’s precisely what I’d be advising him to do. Unfortunately Hickeys best interests do not coincide with ours.

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hickey is another Paterson waiting to happen. He won’t sign a new deal. He’ll let this one run out and he’ll refuse a transfer if the terms and the new club don’t suit him . We’ll get a minimal development fee and he’ll get a sign on fee and a bumper wage somewhere else. If I was his dad that’s precisely what I’d be advising him to do. Unfortunately Hickeys best interests do not coincide with ours.

Paterson signed a new three year contract when he was 19 after signing a 3 year contract before that. He is also a hearts fan.  Completely different bracket to Hickey. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mikey he is out of contract at end of next season, I believe Budge is not keen to do a deal with Celtic.

As we are skint we will be do "a cut price deal" in my opinion.

Hearts won't do a cut price deal is speculation on your part once again.

22 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Mikey he is out of contract at end of next season, I believe Budge is not keen to do a deal with Celtic.

As we are skint we will be do "a cut price deal" in my opinion.

Hearts won't do a cut price deal is speculation on your part once again.

God knows when football is going to start up again and he’s out of contract next June.  The club will try and get what it can for Hickey this summer 100%.

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Paterson signed a new three year contract when he was 19 after signing a 3 year contract before that. He is also a hearts fan.  Completely different bracket to Hickey. 

Paterson's not a Hearts fan 

55 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t think this will happen with AH as we’ve already had our fingers burnt with CP and also Sam Nicholson. He’ll be sold off to the highest bidder in the next transfer window.  His continued development does not lie with HMFC so better to cash out our chips now while his stock is still high. I’m not blaming AH or his dad as if he was my son I’d likely do the same. When he goes it’ll be with our best wishes 

15 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I don’t think this will happen with AH as we’ve already had our fingers burnt with CP and also Sam Nicholson. He’ll be sold off to the highest bidder in the next transfer window.  His continued development does not lie with HMFC so better to cash out our chips now while his stock is still high. I’m not blaming AH or his dad as if he was my son I’d likely do the same. When he goes it’ll be with our best wishes 

That'll depend where he goes for me.

looks like Garuccio is off according to his Insta- cases packed and flying off somewhere. Wonder if he'll be back- another year on his deal I think?

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Pagey said:

looks like Garuccio is off according to his Insta- cases packed and flying off somewhere. Wonder if he'll be back- another year on his deal I think?

Thanks for sticking by me whilst i recover from injury suckers.... 

28 minutes ago, graygo said:

That'll depend where he goes for me.

I should’ve said if he goes down south. I he ends up in the popcorn teeth camp I’ll boo him every time he comes back to play against us. Hopefully the lad has more ambition than septic. In saying that, if we had given him a decent contract and we were 3rd and challenging then you’ll  never know if he would’ve extended. Probably doubt it though 

24 minutes ago, Pagey said:

20 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Could more about be wanting to be at home.

Like Dikamona.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Could more about be wanting to be at home.

Like Dikamona.

Dikamona could have gone home at any time recently...with permission of the club and been home until required for the seasons final fixtures

Sorry but I don't get his let me go but sign me back routine

47 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Dikamona could have gone home at any time recently...with permission of the club and been home until required for the seasons final fixtures

Sorry but I don't get his let me go but sign me back routine

Just trying to cover himself. Guy has only 9 weeks left on his contract. Salary reduced by 50%  and gone home is a decent deal for him. Will only lose about 3 weeks take-home pay in all probability if even that. 

TorinoJambo
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Paterson's not a Hearts fan 

Paterson is a Hearts fan. From South Queensferry. A workmates son is best pals with him.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Probably doing us a favour. We have White as cover for Hickey so it bit of an unnecessary wage.

That's if he is leaving us which I'd say is far from confirmed by a picture of suitcases.

Edited by Hungry hippo

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think they had much choice as he wanted to go and was only 15 at the time, £500 plus add ons was probably as good as they could get. Hopefully he plays for Chelsea and doesn’t get sold 😃.

The EEN have an article showing when our THIRTY EIGHT first team players are out of contract, which obviously depends on the 50% cut/suspension of payments or terminations. 
Not knowing when next season starts or who the manager will be I don’t think we should be looking at anyone for next season, especially if it’s the choice of the two charlatans sharing the SD role at the club currently.

THIRTY EIGHT ! 

REALLY I mean REALLY 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its speculation.

You saying Hearts won’t let him go on the cheap is speculation 

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Rumours Paterson was about to be sold for a fair few bob in the lead up to the January window before he ****ed himself in the Aberdeen game.

Apologies if repeated something said earlier (I’ve just seen it) - Naismith has accepted the 50% reduction. 

3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We can’t sell him off to the highest bidder if he doesn’t want to go there. In January 2021 he can sign a pre contract with whoever he wants

Edited by JimmyCant

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

We'll sell him at the first opportunity we get. It'll be about £1million plus a sell on %. 

45 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

Paterson is a Hearts fan. From South Queensferry. A workmates son is best pals with him.

according to Patterson himself he grew up a Livingston fan 

"Paterson has no memories of watching Hearts when Levein was last in charge at the club, because he is a Livingston fan, whose path into senior football came via Tynecastle boys’ club. This is in contrast to many of his peers at Hearts, who graduated from the club’s youth academy. “I’ve heard stories about his [Levein’s] teams from my mates, they all love Hearts,” said Paterson. “But I was always a Livvy fan. Now I am a neutral, because they’re going to be in my division next season!”"

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/callum-paterson-switches-focus-hearts-future-1536763

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We can’t sell him off to the highest bidder if he doesn’t want to go there. In January 2021 he can sign a pre contract with whoever he wants

Well there’s always that bit but unless he wants to go west along the M8 then I feel he’ll go to the best and highest offer for him and for us.

Can’t help but feel due to his young age and to further his development, his dad will tell him to continue his career with celtic, so we may be goosed already. Would make sense for him as his dad seems grounded and will keep his feet on the ground whilst he can still live at home. I’m not looking forward to seeing young Aaron turning out in the green hoops against us 🤢