Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

16 minutes ago, Dinger said:

:clap: good statement that.

Yup. The point about every player having unique circumstances is worth everyone bearing in mind. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great news about Naismith, wonder about PHM Berra 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

One can only hopes he refuses...

eyesandears
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great news about Naismith, wonder about PHM Berra 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

Don't blame him is he doesn't take a reduction.

27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We'll sell him at the first opportunity we get. It'll be about £1million plus a sell on %. 

We’ll sell him to the first club he agrees to go to, irrespective of the fee and what club it is. If we get offered a million for him and he wants to go, we should bite the hand off the club that’s buying him, especially if it’s Celtic as that saves us a huge amount of money the sell on clause they have. He is 17 and still a ‘prospect’ which unfortunately we won’t ever see the true worth of if he makes it.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

One can only hopes he refuses...

Hahahaha, he might be useful down below 🤷🏾‍♂️

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, eyesandears said:

Don't blame him is he doesn't take a reduction.

Why? We could suspend his wages and he gets nothing. Or he could leave and get less than his 50% off scumdee?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Hickey wants to stay at hearts. First team football, stays at home, but wants first team wages. Not unreasonable. 

Then he should sign a new contract, or not play any football until his contract runs out. If there’s offers and he won’t sign a contract then we have to take one of them, letting talent go for less than their value has to stop now.

eyesandears
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why? We could suspend his wages and he gets nothing. Or he could leave and get less than his 50% off scumdee?

I think he'll hold on at 100% until his exit is agreed with us with a Settlement Agreement. I guess Dundee will want to snap him up as he's helped turn them round but I don't think they'll afford to keep him as they are really up sh*t creek financially.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good leadership regardless,  but suspect he already has a good idea which League he will be playing in. 

Because the League is suspended,  the world in turmoil,  there can't be any Hearts player other than Hickey firmly believing if they got ditched there would be a better offer  

These are very very different times,  never experienced. Players will slowly be getting their heads round that,  as John Viola was mentioning the other day 

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Then he should sign a new contract, or not play any football until his contract runs out. If there’s offers and he won’t sign a contract then we have to take one of them, letting talent go for less than their value has to stop now.

Well, maybe when he gets a suitable offer he will. It’s a two way street. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Well, maybe when he gets a suitable offer he will. It’s a two way street. 

To a certain extent but the club have to look after our interests more than the players at all times, not just now. The players are treated excellently and it would be nice for them to show us the respect we deserve. The club could suspend their wages right now, take the 50% offer off the table and only a few could really have cause for complaint.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

Paterson is a Hearts fan. From South Queensferry. A workmates son is best pals with him.

Says he grew up a livi fan in interviews

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

How do you do that if the offers are less than value?

Edited by JamboAl

To a certain extent but the club have to look after our interests more than the players at all times, not just now. The players are treated excellently and it would be nice for them to show us the respect we deserve. The club could suspend their wages right now, take the 50% offer off the table and only a few could really have cause for complaint.

How much do you think Aaron Hickey earns..?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

This isn’t really about Hickey but how the club has lost money on players by being nice and understanding that they want to earn a big move that their ex boss didn’t.

He won’t be on anywhere near what he’s worth, although he will have to take a pay cut like everyone else, which is better than suspending their wages altogether. If he signs a new contract he will get nearer what he’s worth, but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards, it’s a double edge sword.

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How do you do that if the offers are less than value?

Whatever the offer is is their value I suppose, I meant getting peanuts for Paterson or nothing for Nicholson. Teams all over the world sell their players before they leave for nothing, if possible.

Edited by Pasquale for King

25 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I’m sure I heard this before and it’s £500 per week. CL offered him improved terms at £750 per week but it was turned down by him as advised by his dad. I’m sure they were looking for £3k per week and we wouldn’t go any higher than our offer. Given the fact we’ve pissed away thousands in needless OTT deals to others then I hope this doesn’t come back to haunt us. 

We really need to be cashing in soon and I’m sure AB knows this. If we leave this till January, he’ll walks for nothing on a pre contract. 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

This isn’t really about Hickey but how the club has lost money on players by being nice and understanding that they want to earn a big move that their ex boss didn’t.

He won’t be on anywhere near what he’s worth, although he will have to take a pay cut like everyone else, which is better than suspending their wages altogether. If he signs a new contract he will get nearer what he’s worth, but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards, it’s a double edge sword.

He’ll be lucky if he even earns the pay cut threshold of 18K at the moment. But the club value him at £1M+. If the club has any sense they’ll make him a half way decent offer to protect their asset. And we’re not talking huge amounts to do so, especially compared to what bang average journeymen are earning, never mind our top players.

Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m sure I heard this before and it’s £500 per week. CL offered him improved terms at £750 per week but it was turned down by him as advised by his dad. I’m sure they were looking for £3k per week and we wouldn’t go any higher than our offer. Given the fact we’ve pissed away thousands in needless OTT deals to others then I hope this doesn’t come back to haunt us. 

We really need to be cashing in soon and I’m sure AB knows this. If we leave this till January, he’ll walks for nothing on a pre

contract. 

Probably deserves 3K per week but fairly certain he isn’t looking for anything like that. Playing every week more important. Different if someone offers you north of 5K pw I’d suppose 

Just now, buzzbomb said:

Probably deserves 3K per week but fairly certain he isn’t looking for anything like that. Playing every week more important. Different if someone offers you north of 5K pw I’d suppose 

Don’t take my word as gospel and I also don’t want to be spreading unnecessary rumours, but I’m sure that was the figures touted around last year.  We wouldn’t budge so are now resigned to losing him.

AH is the hottest young prospect in Scotland at the moment. Someone will come in and pay him 10-20 times what we are just now. He knows he just has to sit tight and sit it out. Celtic will be favourites and I’m sure he’ll get at least in the region of £7.5k per week as his talent is worth that to a big team on the open market. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

He’ll be lucky if he even earns the pay cut threshold of 18K at the moment. But the club value him at £1M+. If the club has any sense they’ll make him a half way decent offer to protect their asset. And we’re not talking huge amounts to do so, especially compared to what bang average journeymen are earning, never mind our top players.

Probably. I thought we had offered him a contract and his dad turned it down, if not we should have.

I don't think you could justify  a massive pay increase to Hickey to 3k or more this season.  Look at the state of the season and it's still not concluded.  I don't think I would value Hickey at more than 1k a week at the moment.  He's not matured yet and still got  a lot of learning to do.  Sure he's got potential but I am not on the "He's the best scotish youth prospect" train.  He's got some bravery and talent but like I said before he's not matured yet. 

Sell him for 1 million and get a sale % on it if he wants out.

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We really need to be cashing in soon and I’m sure AB knows this. If we leave this till January, he’ll walks for nothing on a pre contract. 

How are we going to do that unless we get an offer?

Whatever the offer is is their value I suppose, I meant getting peanuts for Paterson or nothing for Nicholson. Teams all over the world sell their players before they leave for nothing, if possible.

So if the offer is £100 it would be OK to accept it?  How does that fit in with your statement below?

letting talent go for less than their value has to stop now. 

We can't force AH to sign.  If he refuses we could welll have a repeat of the Paterson situation and there's nothing we can do about it, frustrating and annoying though it may be.

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

These are very very different times,  never experienced. Players will slowly be getting their heads round that,  as John Viola was mentioning the other day 

I really dislike what money and ‘intermediaries’ have done to our game. I think Viola is the boss of that prick who represented Jamie Walker, isn’t he?

What did he say? 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Hickey should be one of our top earners imo

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hickey should be one of our top earners imo

No he shouldn’t. He should be on a lot more than he just now but it’s madness like you are suggesting that would ruin us financially. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

No he shouldn’t. He should be on a lot more than he just now but it’s madness like you are suggesting that would ruin us financially. 

Obviously I am basing this on “normal” circumstances but he is one of our best players and rewarding him with a decent long-term contract would be a worthwhile investment. 

No point having an academy if we are going to sell our prize assets for peanuts. 

Really appreciate the gesture from Naismith. Great to see he has a sound perspective about what is happening in the world and specifically mentions saving the jobs of low learners in the world and acknowledges football has been very good to him. Steven Naismith = good guy.

Meanwhile John Hartson is still bleating on about how Celtic should be awarded the title.

The difference in class is there for all to see.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Obviously I am basing this on “normal” circumstances but he is one of our best players and rewarding him with a decent long-term contract would be a worthwhile investment. 

No point having an academy if we are going to sell our prize assets for peanuts. 

Rewarding him should be a priority but not a top earner yet imo. Experience and international caps rightly should dictate a large part of what you earn. 

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Rewarding him should be a priority but not a top earner yet imo. Experience and international caps rightly should dictate a large part of what you earn. 

True, but the flip side is that, by paying him less than his ability and potential ability suggests, we can’t complain of Celtic or whoever make an offer based on our valuation of him. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

True, but the flip side is that, by paying him less than his ability and potential ability suggests, we can’t complain of Celtic or whoever make an offer based on our valuation of him. 

Do you mean pay him huge wages and then he gets injured like Souttar/Levein/Paterson etc and his value plummets?

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

That’s correct but we don’t have to accept that offer. 

Anyway he doesn’t want to leave and isn’t looking to be our highest paid player so you’d like to think he’ll sign a contract. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

That’s correct but we don’t have to accept that offer. 

Anyway he doesn’t want to leave and isn’t looking to be our highest paid player so you’d like to think he’ll sign a contract. 

You close to Hickey?

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you mean pay him huge wages and then he gets injured like Souttar/Levein/Paterson etc and his value plummets?

That's the risk we take with every contract and signing tbh

It's a balancing act of course but offering him a salary on a par with, say Calum Morrison would be pointless.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

By that same token argument, would you pay Christophe Berra more than Aaron Hickey 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Agree with this but not as a top earner. I feel he should be in the top 5 at least. 

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

By that same token argument, would you pay Christophe Berra more than Aaron Hickey 

There will always be examples where it doesn’t quite work out but on paper yes a international club captain should be paid more than a 17/18 year old who’s made a handful of appearances. Unfortunately when contracts are handed out it doesn’t guarantee performances, young or experienced 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I really dislike what money and ‘intermediaries’ have done to our game. I think Viola is the boss of that prick who represented Jamie Walker, isn’t he?

What did he say? 

Totally supportive of what Hearts have done. Basically said players have decisions to make, they have to do what they think is right for themselves, but that may not be immediately obvious to them, as this is not a typical cost cutting scenario. Article also covered the difficulty in understanding what clubs needs are for the forthcoming windows, this is his busiest time, but cant make progress as he would normally. Pretty sane, grown up stuff.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Totally supportive of what Hearts have done. Basically said players have decisions to make, they have to do what they think is right for themselves, but that may not be immediately obvious to them, as this is not a typical cost cutting scenario. Article also covered the difficulty in understanding what clubs needs are for the forthcoming windows, this is his busiest time, but cant make progress as he would normally. Pretty sane, grown up stuff.

Good for him then. Fair play. I’ll not be churlish and say something about it being easier for multi-millionaires to be magnanimous, because many others would still be chasing the short term profit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Good for him then. Fair play. I’ll not be churlish and say something about it being easier for multi-millionaires to be magnanimous, because many others would still be chasing the short term profit.

Article read well, be honest when I saw his name, I was thinking the same about him, but he saw a far bigger picture, less clubs long term will obviously impact on his ability to earn even more millions :lol: