Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Absolutely no chance he sent that email before all this wage cuts happened. 

Shambolic email too if true, no wonder we end up with duds on 4 year deals when our scouting criteria is.. deemed suitable for Hearts by the players agent. 

Mental 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s not what they were told.  They were asked to take a 50% pay cut. If they didn’t want it do that they were offered the opportunity to terminate their contracts. They always had the choice of leaving things as they are.   
Pretty straightforward and pretty fair given the club could immediately suspend all players wage payments as per their contracts. 
what part of it don’t you get? 

I get everything, and I know it wasn’t forced either on anyone.  Different scenarios for different clubs though, I wouldn’t be allowing any player the option of leaving for free though as that smacks of desperation. 

One thing that ***** McManus has got right though is that it’s like people are desperate for other clubs to fall into the same kind of category as us. 

CloustonHMFC

If that’s the kind of email Murray is sending out to do business, no wonder we’ve signed a bunch of duds and thank **** he’s on the way out the door.

As for our financial situation, it was a preemptive move from the club anticipation what is to come. Clubs all over Europe are going to be following suit. Once the players see this, any ill feeling from them should go away and if it doesn’t, they can do one. 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He is semi-retired and fully retired from this summer. 

He should really just leave tomorrow then as there’s nothing happening before the summer. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

I get everything, and I know it wasn’t forced either on anyone.  Different scenarios for different clubs though, I wouldn’t be allowing any player the option of leaving for free though as that smacks of desperation. 

One thing that ***** McManus has got right though is that it’s like people are desperate for other clubs to fall into the same kind of category as us. 

Not all players were given the option though the list of those that weren’t was pretty short. 
Every club in the country, including Celtic, are in exactly the same boat as us on this one. If Aberdeen have an income gap of £5m, Celtics must be in the £50m+ range. Do you think they have £50m sitting in the bank. 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He should really just leave tomorrow then as there’s nothing happening before the summer. 

Not so but bang on. Not sure anyone would just agree to go two months before their retirement date without compensation. 

Hectormasson
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s not what they were told.  They were asked to take a 50% pay cut. If they didn’t want it do that they were offered the opportunity to terminate their contracts. They always had the choice of leaving things as they are.   
Pretty straightforward and pretty fair given the club could immediately suspend all players wage payments as per their contracts. 
what part of it don’t you get? 

With some of the squads dire performances, I think half bat wages is too good for a lot of them, still think a load will move out , witha bit of luck ?

34 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Think they have circa £35 million.

So they have a big challenge if this goes on for any length of time 

46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not all players were given the option though the list of those that weren’t was pretty short. 
Every club in the country, including Celtic, are in exactly the same boat as us on this one. If Aberdeen have an income gap of £5m, Celtics must be in the £50m+ range. Do you think they have £50m sitting in the bank. 

If that’s the case, then I’m in total support for it then, I’ve been pretty consistent it was the right thing to do, although I hope the club have been transparent with the players and staff privately about the severity of the financial situation (even if not that severe and being precautionary) before letting them decide.   I also agree a lot of clubs will be in the same position but not as severe because of the wages we pay.  There’s a good few teams in the top league even that operate as a part time club in terms of wages paid and the majority of the bottom six clubs apart from hearts will pay wages budgeting from last years season tickets sales plus the visits of the old firm which will be now passed as they’re bottom six budgeted and also Livi who will see top six as a complete bonus. In fact I would go further and say some clubs will budget for old firm visits more than their season ticket money.  

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not so but bang on. Not sure anyone would just agree to go two months before their retirement date without compensation. 

He’s ripped the arse for years.  I don’t think he will leave prior because like Levein he will have it in his head he’s done a good/great job when in reality it’s been a complete shambles. random emails or no.

54 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If that’s the case, then I’m in total support for it then, I’ve been pretty consistent it was the right thing to do, although I hope the club have been transparent with the players and staff privately about the severity of the financial situation (even if not that severe and being precautionary) before letting them decide.   I also agree a lot of clubs will be in the same position but not as severe because of the wages we pay.  There’s a good few teams in the top league even that operate as a part time club in terms of wages paid and the majority of the bottom six clubs apart from hearts will pay wages budgeting from last years season tickets sales plus the visits of the old firm which will be now passed as they’re bottom six budgeted and also Livi who will see top six as a complete bonus. In fact I would go further and say some clubs will budget for old firm visits more than their season ticket money.  

I'm sure Ann Budge will be pleased about that.  She'll be able to sleep tonight

PS - I'm sure I read the cuts etc don't start until April.  Apolgies if wrong.

SpruceBringsteen

Another story leaked to the Sun, one which no doubt has as much veracity as the dressing room bust up piece the day before we humped Rangers.

Someone within the club needs sniffed out.

Had a glance at .net and the hatred is more intense than ever.  Regurgitating the charities myth etc.  

Thank goodness we destroyed them at their dump a few short weeks ago.

I'm sure a significant number of their genuine supporters are disgusted by this moronic representation.

with regard to the leaked e-mail and the mention of transfer fee possibly being available, our situation could be different. We could’ve sold hickey or Washington etc so there could be funds available. 

To me the leak looks to have come from the agent the e-mail was sent to. 

5 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Another story leaked to the Sun, one which no doubt has as much veracity as the dressing room bust up piece the day before we humped Rangers.

Exactly this. Whomever it is that is trying to do as much damage to the club as possible, at a time when we are at our most vulnerable needs names, shamed and launched. I’d be banning the Sun from Tynecastle too. Their weird little campaign is nauseating.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Had a glance at .net and the hatred is more intense than ever.  Regurgitating the charities myth etc.  

I'm sure a significant number of their genuine supporters are disgusted by this moronic representation.

Just had a look at .net. My word it is the most bitter group ever assembled. Honestly can’t help but laugh at how obsessed they are. 😂😂

6 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Possibly need to determine whether any of them are actually true first. 

1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

with regard to the leaked e-mail and the mention of transfer fee possibly being available, our situation could be different. We could’ve sold hickey or Washington etc so there could be funds available. 

FoH funds is a big impact on finances.

Not many people outside Hearts realise till now it's being repaying the debt (and contributing to the stand). 

bigsuperslim1874

So - if Celtic have £35m in the bank this virus situation - like every club - is going to decimate their reserves. Whatever football comes out the other side, it will likely be on a more financial level footing.

1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

That was my first thought but maybe it didn't come directly but from someone to whom he mentioned it casually.  No matter, the timing of the e-mail is dreadful if the story is genuine.

Your first paragraph is also true.  In addition to agreed player sales we have maybe a dozen players out of contract and there also is the possibility that a benefactor has promised funds specifically for new players.

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

FoH funds is a big impact on finances.

Not many people outside Hearts realise till now it's being repaying the debt (and contributing to the stand). 

What I was meaning is that obviously the club still have to plan for next season in terms of players. By that time hickey or another could have been sold and funds could be available for transfers etc. But, I do think the players who take a cut have to have their pay made up if that’s the case. And yes, there’ll be fog money

husref musemic
11 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He is semi-retired and fully retired from this summer. 

Thank the lord!

The waste down the years from his talent spoting must be in the millions. 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That was my first thought but maybe it didn't come directly but from someone to whom he mentioned it casually.  No matter, the timing of the e-mail is dreadful if the story is genuine.

Your first paragraph is also true.  In addition to agreed player sales we have maybe a dozen players out of contract and there also is the possibility that a benefactor has promised funds specifically for new players.

I’d imagine that’s a blanket e-mail to a number of agents and one has decided to make it public.

The players need to have the pay they’ve lost deferred to when they can be paid in my opinion if we have funds for transfers.

What concerns me About it all is that we are so reliant on agents (and I know it’s the times we live in). I’d like our head of recruitment to have relationships directly with clubs down south that know the level we operate at, so we hear directly about players available at our level.

How does Robinson at Motherwell hear about hyland or long for instance and the others he’s brought in that have done well in the past. That’s part of the reason I was quite keen on him.

recruitment is the key to success.

colinmaroon
On 19/03/2020 at 21:23, Malinga the Swinga said:

Think it comes across he doesn't like fans or Hearts.

That truth is self-evident. 

HillmanHearts

Just finding it hard to fathom the possibility of that email being sent to agents after the player's were asked to take the cut.

Would be morally inexcusable imo and a complete PR shambles.

Hopefully it was a "run of the mill - business as normal" communication before the gravity of our financial situation had become apparent and the subsequent request was made by Budge to the players. 

Wouldn't surprise me for that muck raking rag to be distorting facts.

However if time lines are true, then Murray has had a nightmare.

Tam McManus having a meltdown over this. All the pumping we dished out to him over the years have made him very bitter. 

16 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Tam McManus having a meltdown over this. All the pumping we dished out to him over the years have made him very bitter. 

A bitter little ***** pretending it’s all about the players when really it’s bitter point scoring. Sad little ***** who will disappear back under his rock when it hits everyone else. 

18 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Very angry little man who is always swearing hardly a role

model for promoting the game just as well he doesn’t do

any coaching 

1 hour ago, Kylejordan said:

Just had a look at .net. My word it is the most bitter group ever assembled. Honestly can’t help but laugh at how obsessed they are. 😂😂

A few of them are in for a shock. Once again they have underestimated the depths of danger facing their own club, whilst attempting to laugh at us. Reality will bite them soon, and a great many of them will be left with an awful lot of egg on their faces. Nae luck.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

A few of them are in for a shock. Once again they have underestimated the depths of danger facing their own club, whilst attempting to laugh at us. Reality will bite them soon, and a great many of them will be left with an awful lot of egg on their faces. Nae luck.

Well said. They have not a clue what is coming. Think everything is great finance wise. F-_ing ar$eholes

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Stendel on TalkSPORT shortly 

Surprised Talksport are still on air, surely cant be of any service to anyone at this juncture, should be at home like the rest of us

I don't understand why clubs would be criticised for continuing to look for the new players.

Football clubs, any sport has to do this constantly. 

For a start what if most of the players leave instead of accepting the pay cut. What if football suddenly starts again. Its sensible to cover every contingency. 

In this case I'm not going to troll Tam McManus. If he's that stupid there isn't any point. And if he's just wanting to wind up Hearts fans fair enough. 

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Surprised Talksport are still on air, surely cant be of any service to anyone at this juncture, should be at home like the rest of us

Spending 3 weeks at home with Natalie Sawyer does sound appealing 😜

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Public service. They'll be reminding everyone what to do inbetween their shite. 

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

You would hope, doug, but, in my experience, no.

Most I've encountered over the last 10/15 years are, obviously, more restrained in their tone, but the message is the same:

"Hertz huv cheated fir years, 

5-1 is tainted, 

Hertz cheated Dundee into relegayshun, 

Aw yer derby wins since Mercer wur won by cheatun, 

Hertz ur physical, 

Hertz refuse tae let Hubz play oor natural style o' flair and swash..."

None of them in my family, thank feck, so I don't bother with them anymore. Prefer banging my head off a brick wall. Less painful and the wall doesn't talk utter shite. 

If you can, scrape them off, is my advice. 

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

You would hope, doug, but, in my experience, no.

Most I've encountered over the last 10/15 years are, obviously, more restrained in their tone, but the message is the same:

"Hertz huv cheated fir years, 

5-1 is tainted, 

Hertz cheated Dundee into relegayshun, 

Aw yer derby wins since Mercer wur won by cheatun, 

Hertz ur physical, 

Hertz refuse tae let Hubz play oor natural style o' flair and swash..."

None of them in my family, thank feck, so I don't bother with them anymore. Prefer banging my head off a brick wall. Less painful and the wall doesn't talk utter shite. 

If you can, scrape them off, is my advice. 

If I had any hibs fan in my family I would sell them on eBay .

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Our Head of Recruitment is part time and semi retired?

What a shower!!

Will repeat what needs to be said constantly - Budge knows nothing about football 

1 minute ago, Crete said:

If I had any hibs fan in my family I would sell them on eBay .

51p, or nearest offer?

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't understand why clubs would be criticised for continuing to look for the new players.

Football clubs, any sport has to do this constantly. 

For a start what if most of the players leave instead of accepting the pay cut. What if football suddenly starts again. Its sensible to cover every contingency. 

In this case I'm not going to troll Tam McManus. If he's that stupid there isn't any point. And if he's just wanting to wind up Hearts fans fair enough. 

I don't think there is any doubt that our current squad has shown to be inadequate and there are a few players who will be out of contract at the end of the season.

There are others who are just not good enough to play the style DS wants.

It is therefore just common sense to start looking asap to see what is out there in the market place. If we can move on certain players which would free up money and the right type of players are available even for a fee then what is wrong with that?

The same source of this supposed news story would be equally quick to point out that we failed to scour the market for players early enough if it suited their agenda.

We all know that the majority of the media don't like Hearts and love to have a go at us when ever they see even the slightest opportunity.

Take the 50% wage cut scenario which they were quick to lambast us about well today Cormack at Aberdeen is saying that the shutdown could cost them £5 million and he added no club can survive this.

Edited by wavydavy

Nookie Bear
58 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Who appointed him as a spokesman?

It's like us rolling out Leigh Jenkinson to talk about hibs.

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Tam’s McAnus still red raw from all the pumpings he’s taken from us over the years. The bitterest of the bitters. 

26 minutes ago, Mort said:

Has he been on? Just turned it on now.

Think so separate thread has a link to the programme.

Batistuta87

Hate the Sun. Surely anyone with an ounce of common sense can deduce that if this email was sent after the wage cuts were requested, that it is in preparation for next season. It is likely then that some funds will be available once league prize money is paid out, once players' contracts have ended and they have moved on, and when MacPhee and Levein have hopefully left too. Those two drawing a wage is the biggest slap in the face to us fans. They should be doing the right thing and terminating their contracts immediately.