Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Charlie Nicholas started on us I see aswell. 

I get my kill about the leaked email as no doubt if no plans were made come September Nicholas/Boyd et al would be saying why were we not planning ahead.

The sun should be banned from Tynecastle unless they reveal their source this mole situation is getting out of hand.

Even worse we are being getting kicked from all directions( despite all other business following the same model) and our own fans are backing this nonsense up.

Hopefully this will spell the end for Murray.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

19 minutes ago, Rods said:

I get my kill about the leaked email as no doubt if no plans were made come September Nicholas/Boyd et al would be saying why were we not planning ahead.

The sun should be banned from Tynecastle unless they reveal their source this mole situation is getting out of hand.

Even worse we are being getting kicked from all directions( despite all other business following the same model) and our own fans are backing this nonsense up.

Celtic not looking at potential signings then? 

26 minutes ago, Rods said:

Good to see some common sense on here.

...a bit disco
12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Don't recall him being a pundit.

Biscuits. Nap.

...a bit disco
Just now, neilnunb said:

Preston

An agent with players at the club with a loose tongue?

Should lose his licence over confidentiality.

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Our Head of Recruitment is part time and semi retired?

What a shower!!

Many people wind down their careers with reduced work weeks etc. 

4 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

Just finding it hard to fathom the possibility of that email being sent to agents after the player's were asked to take the cut.

Would be morally inexcusable imo and a complete PR shambles.

Hopefully it was a "run of the mill - business as normal" communication before the gravity of our financial situation had become apparent and the subsequent request was made by Budge to the players. 

Wouldn't surprise me for that muck raking rag to be distorting facts.

However if time lines are true, then Murray has had a nightmare.

It’s probably a fictitious story 

Footballfirst

The way to isolate the source of a leak is to set a canary trap.

Whoever is targeting signings, tells each potential source of the leak that we are interested in players A, B and C. In addition the first person is told that we are also targeting player D, the second person player E, the third player F, the fourth player G, and so on.

When a story hits the press that we are interested in players A, B, C and F, you will have identified the source of the leak as the third person you told.  

Edited by Footballfirst

Hearts should be looking to pull a Vardy/Rooney type situation on the mole. That would cheer us all up during this difficult period.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Hearts should be looking to pull a Vardy/Rooney type situation on the mole. That would cheer us all up during this difficult period.

Seems to be an open secret who it is anyway.

20 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

An agent with players at the club with a loose tongue?

Should lose his licence over confidentiality.

One thing that's true...he was shite 😀

44 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just have to hope she's got a good reach.

Need to use your own selfie stick. 

Stendel is saying he has been working at home doing video analysis on players he might need for next season.

Could this be the answer?

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Whoever is targeting signings, tells each potential source of the leak that we are interested in players A, B and C. In addition the first person is told that we are also targeting player D, the second person player E, the third player F, the fourth player G, and so on.

When a story hits the press that we are interested in players A, B, C and F, you will have identified the source of the leak as the third person you told.  

It's Preston. I'm not going to say who told me on a public forum but I'm 100% confident.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Stendel is saying he has been working at home doing video analysis on players he might need for next season.

Considering he doesn’t know what league we will be in, the state of the squad he has or club finances I’d imagine video analysis isn’t taking up too much of his time. 

4 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

I’d imagine that’s a blanket e-mail to a number of agents and one has decided to make it public.

The players need to have the pay they’ve lost deferred to when they can be paid in my opinion if we have funds for transfers.

What concerns me About it all is that we are so reliant on agents (and I know it’s the times we live in). I’d like our head of recruitment to have relationships directly with clubs down south that know the level we operate at, so we hear directly about players available at our level.

How does Robinson at Motherwell hear about hyland or long for instance and the others he’s brought in that have done well in the past. That’s part of the reason I was quite keen on him.

recruitment is the key to success.

In an ideal world that would be true but I repeat that if a benefactor is giving money specifically for new players then that's what the money should be for.

Nookie Bear
31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Many people wind down their careers with reduced work weeks etc. 

Perhaps our review of the football department could have picked up this gap. 

14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Considering he doesn’t know what league we will be in, the state of the squad he has or club finances I’d imagine video analysis isn’t taking up too much of his time. 

We'll be in the Premier League or in unlikely event of relegation putting in a league winning squad. 

15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Have you read the report?

...a bit disco
25 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

One thing that's true...he was shite 😀

Indeed.

A black chapter in the history of HMFC.

38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Have you read the report?

Don’t need to read anything to determine his workload is probably a little light just now. Relax Al it wasn’t criticism. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Well it stands to reason if players who are out of contract are going to be leaving we will need replacements and come next season we will have sold season tickets, received our share of tv monies etc so we not doing anything any other football club in the land will be doing in terms of planning ahead 

Ex member of the SaS

Social distancing must be a nightmare for some of our players.

They can't pass a ball 2 feet never mind 2 meters

...a bit disco
24 minutes ago, Dazo said:

How cute, Notts though he had a secret so he’s back on the forum. 😂

He does.

The source is 100% genuine.

6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Social distancing must be a nightmare for some of our players.

They can't pass a ball 2 feet never mind 2 meters

Been a problem for a while 

23 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Don’t need to read anything to determine his workload is probably a little light just now. Relax Al it wasn’t criticism. 

You're being very defensive in your last 2 posts.

Does it matter if his workload is light?

What is the point you're really trying to make?

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Are Preston’s player/players currently being frozen out? 

The only player I can see who uses his agency is Anthony Mcdonald

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

👍

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You're being very defensive in your last 2 posts.

Does it matter if his workload is light?

What is the point you're really trying to make?

Very defensive ? 😂

It doesn’t matter how light his workload his, I was just stating exactly that. Think you’re letting your constant battles on here  get the better of you. 

4 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I know who the mole is. Shite pundit and shite left back.

Shite as a winger too in his preferred position.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic not looking at potential signings then? 

celtic aren’t asking everyone to take wage cuts?  Who actually cares the opinion of arse bandits such as Charlie *** Nicholas? 

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Shite as a winger too in his preferred position.

Just generally shite. Apart from running to the paper. Superb at that.

And now Birmingham City have asked players to take a 50% wage cut (just as a number of posters on here predicted with other clubs following suit). Reported in the Daily Telegraph. Let's hear the detractors take a swipe at them, like that McManus f**!er.

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Has John Murray been at Hearts for 25 years?  

If he has he’ll be due a long service medal just for being there and not necessarily for contributing anything.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Very defensive ? 😂

It doesn’t matter how light his workload his, I was just stating exactly that. Think you’re letting your constant battles on here  get the better of you. 

I think you're talking p**h

TyphoonJambo
6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Remind me not to play cluedo with you😁