Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

52 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I would absolutely love to see Hibs fold. I’d celebrate it with gusto. The reason?

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?342787-The-generic-Hearts-thread/page202

and...

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?158395-Share-Transfers-Agreed-Cooling-off-period/page1275

So yes. I want them obliterated. This is a Hearts forum. I’m comfortable with saying it here. You on the other hand are trying to cause discord and division between Hearts supporters on a Hearts forum, at a time when we all need to be pulling in the same direction. 

I think you are Hibs, and I’ll take the infraction for saying it, because if you are not, then you are even worse. Your behaviour at this time is risible.

We need the points when we play them . They must survive. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

7 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...so AB was ahead of the curve after all.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-lead-followed-12-clubs-21728687

It’s believed most Scottish club bosses were unaware of the clause, maybe even Hearts themselves, but now some chairmen are seeing it as a potential lifeline to safeguard their club’s future.

One chairman said: “If the football authorities can’t prop up the clubs still further financially then more and more clubs are likely to make their players redundant under Article 12.

“It’s a step no owner wishes to take but with no money coming in there are already up to a dozen clubs ready to follow the lead of Hearts in the next few weeks. Unless the finances can be underpinned then more clubs, including some of the major players, are likely to follow suit.”

What's article 12?

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Desperately outraged about our form before the humanitarian crisis, so still battering on about it at a time when we need to pull together for the sake of the club... accusing others of being desperate to be outraged. Risible.

How are we fans supposed to “pull together for the sake of our club” here? Folk moaning on a message is not exactly undermining the club and o am not aware of anyone demanding refunds for missed games etc

The club don’t give a toss what is said in kickback (probably rightly!) so quite why it should bother them now is beyond me. 

AB will do what she thinks is right and we will suck it up, like every other football fan in the world does. 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

What's article 12?

I think it's the ability for a club to cancel a contract due to matches being unable to be played... so players cannot, by extension, fulfill their contracts.

...something along those lines.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Stand overspend was inevitable not inexcusable. 

How was it inevitable?  So every construction project going around 100% over budget is inevitable is it?  Sorry but that’s bollocks.  Even the building of the £1.34 billion Forth Crossing was under budget.  Mind you, Sturgeon didn’t get her brother in law to build it.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

28 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

I am surprised that there has been nothing coming out of Ibrox this week or the papers talking about there wages but hey ho we are a easy target this week.

Don’t you worry, their shit will be hitting the fan as we speak.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...so AB was ahead of the curve after all.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-lead-followed-12-clubs-21728687

It’s believed most Scottish club bosses were unaware of the clause, maybe even Hearts themselves, but now some chairmen are seeing it as a potential lifeline to safeguard their club’s future.

One chairman said: “If the football authorities can’t prop up the clubs still further financially then more and more clubs are likely to make their players redundant under Article 12.

“It’s a step no owner wishes to take but with no money coming in there are already up to a dozen clubs ready to follow the lead of Hearts in the next few weeks. Unless the finances can be underpinned then more clubs, including some of the major players, are likely to follow suit.”

It’s laughable that the SFA can only make £1.5m available, yet the EFL (that’s not including the mega rich Premier League) has made £50m available so far.

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

a few bitter Hibs reptiles scurry on here.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How are we fans supposed to “pull together for the sake of our club” here? Folk moaning on a message is not exactly undermining the club and o am not aware of anyone demanding refunds for missed games etc

The club don’t give a toss what is said in kickback (probably rightly!) so quite why it should bother them now is beyond me. 

AB will do what she thinks is right and we will suck it up, like every other football fan in the world does. 

Is this arsehole poster the guy who changes his username every 2 minutes (was Smiths Right Boot)?

If so - pretty rich calling folk out as vermin after he was so slavish in his support for them winning the Scottish cup. You just gotta 'love' a hypocrite eh!:lol:

HHGH - FTH. ALWAYS.

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Is this arsehole poster the guy who changes his username every 2 minutes (was Smiths Right Boot)?

If so - pretty rich calling folk out as vermin after he was so slavish in his support for them winning the Scottish cup. You just gotta 'love' a hypocrite eh!:lol:

HHGH - FTH. ALWAYS.

Nope, I’m the arsehole poster who was Mothy/Icon of Symmetry. 

I’d rather lose a testicle than see Hibs win anything, personally.

Roxy Hearts
4 hours ago, TheSandpit said:

Absolute roaster of a man. AB backed our managers with a player budget and those players let us down. Where does he think the players should go if they refuse? Everyone from all businesses need a plan and try to secure what they have. Hearts are always an easy target for OF cowards. 

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How was it inevitable?  So every construction project going around 100% over budget is inevitable is it?  Sorry but that’s bollocks.  Even the building of the £1.34 billion Forth Crossing was under budget.  Mind you, Stutgeon didn’t get her brother in law to build it.

Look at other recent football stadium projects. Much bigger clubs and organisations than Hearts have wildly overspent.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s laughable that the SFA can only make £1.5m available, yet the EFL (that’s not including the mega rich Premier League) has made £50m available so far.

The EFL consists of 71 clubs rather than 42. They also have a lot of much bigger clubs and with much larger attendances, making the financial hit more significant.

Nelly Terraces
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Nope, I’m the arsehole poster who was Mothy/Icon of Symmetry. 

I’d rather lose a testicle than see Hibs win anything, personally.

Fair enough. Just a bit of an arsehole then.

***And please - do not waste your time bothering to respond to this message - Ive a lot better things to do with my time & genuinely won't be bothering to read it. Cheers***

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

25% wage cut in the English Rugby Prem.

Football isn't the only sport or business utterly shafted by this crisis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51977863

That's for sure. Budge took and early and decisive decision.  Given we have no idea when income will recommence I'm not sure what else we could've done 

If a few under performers decide to move on then so be it 

6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Fair enough. Just a bit of an arsehole then.

***And please - do not waste your time bothering to respond to this message - Ive a lot better things to do with my time & genuinely won't be bothering to read it. Cheers***

:lol:

Indeed.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Look at other recent football stadium projects. Much bigger clubs and organisations than Hearts have wildly overspent.

The EFL consists of 71 clubs rather than 42. They also have a lot of much bigger clubs and with much larger attendances, making the financial hit more significant.

Yet, something with such a huge spend as the Forth Crossing can be delivered under budget.  Says more about the constructors and unrealistic tenders.  

There are lots of big clubs in the EFL but there are also lots of diddy clubs too who will be getting much bigger pay outs than the likes of us, Hibs, Aberdeen, even though you never even see them live on tv - the likes of Salford, Crawley, Forest Green who were all non league clubs recently.

28 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I think it's the ability for a club to cancel a contract due to matches being unable to be played... so players cannot, by extension, fulfill their contracts.

...something along those lines.

Thanks 

Rogue Daddy

Can't believe how much coverage Hearts are getting on the Daily Record 'Scottish Premiership' web page (yeah, I know... couldn't resist). There are a few stories about the uglies, but most is Hearts.. says it all really.

My question is this however, when there isn't anything positive to say about Rangers (except the stories about their kitman, something about Walter Smith and kenny Miller) of late... are they suppressing the negatives? Hence ... today we'll concentrate on Hearts?

I mean, you usually can't move for OF sh*te. 

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yet, something with such a huge spend as the Forth Crossing can be delivered under budget.  Says more about the constructors and unrealistic tenders.  

There are lots of big clubs in the EFL but there are also lots of diddy clubs too who will be getting much bigger pay outs than the likes of us, Hibs, Aberdeen, even though you never even see them live on tv - the likes of Salford, Crawley, Forest Green who were all non league clubs recently.

Perhaps the Forth Crossing started wildly over budget so that it would come in under budget, for political purposes. Just a thought!

How much are Salford getting and how much are we getting?

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Can't believe how much coverage Hearts are getting on the Daily Record 'Scottish Premiership' web page (yeah, I know... couldn't resist). There are a few stories about the uglies, but most is Hearts.. says it all really.

My question is this however, when there isn't anything positive to say about Rangers (except the stories about their kitman, something about Walter Smith and kenny Miller) of late... are they suppressing the negatives? Hence ... today we'll concentrate on Hearts?

Hearts are the easier target as 90% of their readership are OF supporting simpletons, and we are the next biggest club.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hearts are the easier target as 90% of their readership are OF supporting simpletons, and we are the next biggest club.

Yep. As a supposed 'national' rag, it's pathetic. They're so bias and not even embarrassed about it. There's even a story about why Derek Adams rejected the Hearts manager post FFS!

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep. As a supposed 'national' rag, it's pathetic. They're so bias and not even embarrassed about it. There's even a story about why Derek Adams rejected the Hearts manager post FFS!

As soon as any crisis hits, we will always be the target of the press. Sadly some of our own supporters will rush to that banner as well. 

East Lothian Jambo
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

As soon as any crisis hits, we will always be the target of the press. Sadly some of our own supporters will rush to that banner as well. 

Maybe its got something to do with us sitting bottom when the crisis started 

Were the season to finish now we would go down. I wouldn't accept that outcome before you start 

Third biggest club in the country who've been a mess for 18 months on the pitch and first off the mark to make cuts. Kind of see why it might be newsworthy 

Maybe they intend to derail and cause division amongst our support....

Rangers could yet be the major story. How they ride the storm seems very difficult to envisage. Maybe Lawwell will give them a short term float in order to protect the biggest alliance in world football 

24 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Were the season to finish now we would go down. I wouldn't accept that outcome before you start 

Third biggest club in the country who've been a mess for 18 months on the pitch and first off the mark to make cuts. Kind of see why it might be newsworthy 

Rangers could yet be the major story. How they ride the storm seems very difficult to envisage. Maybe Lawwell will give them a short term float in order to protect the biggest alliance in world football 

Tense times, indeed. So tense... never tenser.

9633C2C6-75D4-407D-AFD2-B055A9D2AE19.jpeg

12 hours ago, McCrae said:

you don’t have any cash in the bank if you don’t make a profit. The club is spending more than it earns and it has to stop.

How much is it spending and how much does it earn?

East Lothian Jambo
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Tense times, indeed. So tense... never tenser.

9633C2C6-75D4-407D-AFD2-B055A9D2AE19.jpeg

What does this mean?

Hectormasson
50 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The record and its reporters  hate all things hearts !       GOOD!    wouldn't have it any other way,,, f....k the lot of them ......🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Rogue Daddy
Just now, Hectormasson said:

The record and its reporters  hate all things hearts !       GOOD!    wouldn't have it any other way,,, f....k the lot of them ......🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

🤣 couldn't agree more 

12 hours ago, McCrae said:

please tell me how you think business works.

As far as I can remember Hibs did not have a bank account after STF shafted them for millions. And just ask big Ron how pleased he is to have bought a football club now!

Hectormasson
34 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Absolute cretins both sides of the arse cheeks !     And both think they are massive successful clubs?     Look where it was all won for f....k sake ?  Should be compared to two large goldfish sharing a small goldfish bowl ! Girfut !!!

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps the Forth Crossing started wildly over budget so that it would come in under budget, for political purposes. Just a thought!

Presumably all the other bidders in the tender process would have had to be wildly over budget too.  I’d imagine that’s not a great business model for attracting work.  Is it not much more likely that AB’s brother in law was wildly under budget with the initial tender?  Perhaps someone could confirm - would it not be normal to have penalty clauses inserted where projects go way over budget?

I’m not sure if the Scottish hand outs have been advised.  I think the English ones have but can’t remember, a quick fag packet calculation would be £694,444 for each English team and £35,714 for each Scottish team (if all 42 clubs snd not just the 22 SPFL clubs).  However, I’m sure both will be on a sliding scale so teams in the higher leagues will get more.  Huge difference whatever way you look at it.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

That's for sure. Budge took and early and decisive decision.  Given we have no idea when income will recommence I'm not sure what else we could've done 

If a few under performers decide to move on then so be it 

This is the crux of the matter and some idiots just cannot see it.

No one knows how long this will last or when income will start flowing again and different businesses are making different projections eg Hay's travel have put 880 staff on zero hours which in most cases effectively means no pay. Some rugby club(s) have put players on 25%.  There are many more alternatives.

To simplify things , let's say

I have £250k available and my wage bill is £25k per week then I reckon I can continue full pay if CV restrictions  last for 10 weeks.  If it looks like lasting 20 weeks I can continue full pay but would go bust - all jobs lost - or I could ask my staff if they would accept half pay and they would have a better chance of job retention.

People can juggle figures like that all they like and find loopholes and "what ifs" but that goes some way to explain the reality of the situation. 

Employers everywhere will have their scales out and on one side will be moral obligation and on the other side will be financial reality.  There is no right answer.

SectionDJambo
58 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Probably.

Is there not a 10 year snagging list on it now too? That would suggest than the costs will grow substantially over those years.

Building projects seem to, mostly, go over budget these days.  Maybe by over optimistic budgeting, maybe by unforeseen circumstances or bad luck, and maybe by not being completely open and honest in the first place.

As far as the financial situation of this virus is concerned, nobody seems to know much with any certainty. Even the Chancellor's compensation package is causing uncertainty, for now, until the exact detail is read through.

Ann Budge will either be regarded as having acted too quickly, or having had the foresight or good luck to have acted correctly at the right time.

East Lothian Jambo
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This is the crux of the matter and some idiots just cannot see it.

No one knows how long this will last or when income will start flowing again and different businesses are making different projections eg Hay's travel have put 880 staff on zero hours which in most cases effectively means no pay. Some rugby club(s) have put players on 25%.  There are many more alternatives.

To simplify things , let's say

I have £250k available and my wage bill is £25k per week then I reckon I can continue full pay if CV restrictions  last for 10 weeks.  If it looks like lasting 20 weeks I can continue full pay but would go bust - all jobs lost - or I could ask my staff if they would accept half pay and they would have a better chance of job retention.

People can juggle figures like that all they like and find loopholes and "what ifs" but that goes some way to explain the reality of the situation. 

Employers everywhere will have their scales out and on one side will be moral obligation and on the other side will be financial reality.  There is no right answer.

Budge has certainly been decisive here. There is much she can be criticised for over the past few years. This isn't one of them 

tolcross lad
9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

At the end of the 2015/16 season, the club was in a good place. It had build cash reserves of around £3m because of unanticipated success in winning the Championship then finishing 3rd in our next season back in the Premiership. The reserves were basically equivalent to the cash that FOH had put into the club as "working capital"

Thereafter the finances went into a downward spiral for two reasons, first the stadium redevelopment and second performance on the pitch. Both of those left the club running on a break even basis and ultimately requiring to borrow funds to remain afloat, i.e. short term funding from AB.

It was a deliberate decision of the Club's Board to spend what it did, both in terms of the redevelopment and on misfiring signings and management changes. To that extent the Board is wholly responsible for the Club living on the edge at this time and being vulnerable to unforeseen events.  

That "unforeseen event" has hit the club harder than anyone could have anticipated. You can't blame AB for the event, but I think that it is reasonable to question her decisions that left the Club unable to respond positively to any adverse event, far less the Coronavirus.

IMO this succinctly and accurately sums up our situation prior to this crisis.

I have no doubt that extreme cost cutting is necessary(Indeed it may not be extreme enough) but I am concerned about how the club will be financed over as yet an undetermined period.

With as much as £2m in debt already it would appear that a Bidco/Ann Budge loan  is our only financial option to keep our club going?

Do you agree and if so what conditions would you anticipate being imposed by Ann Budge for providing a lifeline?

She seemed to indicate that she expected a return of the current loan within 2  years.She appears very hard headed in these matters.She has already said that fan ownership may need to be delayed which suggests that she will be pulling the strings for the forseeable?

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Smithee said:

The whole stand thing seems obvious now but how much grief did you, I, and others get for pointing out the obvious at the time?

It's easy to blame Ann in retrospect, but the majority of our support shouted down any concerns and cheered her on through the build, it's a bit hypocritical for them to call it obvious now.

When for example  I questioned the need to build new changing rooms when we had just built new and much improved ones under the Wheatfield it was met with ridicule and, ironically enough in retrospect, the objection that managers and substitutes walking across the pitch to the dug outs would damage the pitch!

And now Ann is being effusively praised for being "ahead of the curve" as the first owner/CEO to be forced by cash flow problems to cut the wage bill, cash flow issues that long predated Coronavirus and the football shut-down.

And of course the we have the usual paranoid attacks on here  on the media for being negative about Hearts  while I think Ann has got off very lightly for the mess she has presided over on and off the pitch including the rather whiffy role of her brother in the new stand project.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When for example  I questioned the need to build new changing rooms when we had just built new and much improved ones under the Wheatfield it was met with ridicule and, ironically enough in retrospect, the objection that managers and substitutes walking across the pitch to the dug outs would damage the pitch!

And now Ann is being effusively praised for being "ahead of the curve" as the first owner/CEO to be forced by cash flow problems to cut the wage bill, cash flow issues that long predated Coronavirus and the football shut-down.

And of course the we have the usual paranoid attacks on here  on the media for being negative about Hearts  while I think Ann has got off very lightly for the mess she has presided over on and off the pitch including the rather whiffy role of her brother in the new stand project.

She’s not ahead of the curve. There’s nothing clever or decisive about asking staff to take less money out of your business. She just got in first

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Usual miserable ***** spouting bile.

Anyway today's latest news,  what is widespread and who.

Unsubstantiated allegations,  suggesting we have just as many dumb****ery merchants in the club as on this board. 

Hope they get to ****,  exactly the attitude that has burned club funds on shit performance 

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She’s not ahead of the curve. There’s nothing clever or decisive about asking staff to take less money out of your business. She just got in first

Given the Chancellor’s decision to pay 80% of wages (up to a certain amount) she may have jumped the gun a bit early and the players are right to take their time and take advice on this.  

Kris Boyd, Tam McMannus, Billl McMurdo, etc are still complete Jeremy Hunts though, displaying the kind of thick self entitlement that makes footballers so unpopular.

Greedy Jambo
11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

At the end of the 2015/16 season, the club was in a good place. It had build cash reserves of around £3m because of unanticipated success in winning the Championship then finishing 3rd in our next season back in the Premiership. The reserves were basically equivalent to the cash that FOH had put into the club as "working capital"

Thereafter the finances went into a downward spiral for two reasons, first the stadium redevelopment and second performance on the pitch. Both of those left the club running on a break even basis and ultimately requiring to borrow funds to remain afloat, i.e. short term funding from AB.

It was a deliberate decision of the Club's Board to spend what it did, both in terms of the redevelopment and on misfiring signings and management changes. To that extent the Board is wholly responsible for the Club living on the edge at this time and being vulnerable to unforeseen events.  

That "unforeseen event" has hit the club harder than anyone could have anticipated. You can't blame AB for the event, but I think that it is reasonable to question her decisions that left the Club unable to respond positively to any adverse event, far less the Coronavirus.

Nailed it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

That’s what will happen. She made it clear the wage cuts was to prevent redundancies, what do they think her next move is if they refuse the cuts. 

That is exactly what I mean by dumb****ery. 

They aren't playing they aren't training they are redundant and could be for some considerable time to come. 

Someone should show them the ICU wards in Italy and how people die alone and in fear. 

They need to accept a new reality just as much as anyone else 

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

😂 that first paragraph is gold. Most big building projects I read about seem to go way over budget though.

14 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

That’s what will happen. She made it clear the wage cuts was to prevent redundancies, what do they think her next move is if they refuse the cuts. 

Thing is, we can get choosy about who gets canned right? So players who have really let the side down this year and are on long term deals can be binned.

All companies are for making money. Having big cash reserves making nothing isn’t even attractive to investors, they want it used to earn the company more profit. A sudden extended halt in trading will be disastrous for way more clubs than Hearts and most companies. Why anyone is having a crack at the club about this is really baffling tbh.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That is exactly what I mean by dumb****ery. 

They aren't playing they aren't training they are redundant and could be for some considerable time to come. 

Someone should show them the ICU wards in Italy and how people die alone and in fear. 

They need to accept a new reality just as much as anyone else 

Exactly!  I find the self entitlement in the media from the likes of Boyd, McMannus, McMurdo sickening.  These guys aren’t even working at the moment and they think they should be getting full pay.  Meanwhile, hotel workers in Aviemore just lost their jobs and accommodation without any notice.  Footballers really have to grow the **** up and realise how privileged a life they lead, even at SPFL level.

11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Exactly!  I find the self entitlement in the media from the likes of Boyd, McMannus, McMurdo sickening.  These guys aren’t even working at the moment and they think they should be getting full pay.  Meanwhile, hotel workers in Aviemore just lost their jobs and accommodation without any notice.  Footballers really have to grow the **** up and realise how privileged a life they lead, even at SPFL level.

Tough life for the likes of Jamie Walker driving round in their Mercs seeing their mates for coffee before sitting at home for the majority of the day.