Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, swedishjambo said:

What a heap of utter pish. Having a go at Hearts because our CEO was organised and wanted to try and safeguard club and employees future. His suggestion that If only she had waited until Friday and then chancellors suggestion may have saved us from doing this, is a classic case of hindsight.

If only patient zero hadn't contracted virus, if only China had immediately blockaded Wuhan, if, if, ****ing if.

That article is pure bile and shit stirring from the mouth of one of this countries poorest journalists, and given the standard we have to put up with, that is some achievement.

Could do an article about how the future of football will look like after this goes away, but that would require insight and intelligence. Could do a article about how clubs will have to adapt to survive, how this could lead us into summer football or a restructure, but again, that takes insight and intelligence.

Instead, types article one handed while tossing himself into oblivion rehashing pish from the darkest recess of his booze addled brain.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga
Spelling

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

All I took from that...?

"Listen, I don’t know the nitty-gritty about Tynecastle’s finances."

**** off, Bill. :thumbsup:

He doesn't understand the Chancellor's measures either. Only cover staff on lower wages.

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just had your electric switched on in Sweden have you? Given your 3 year hiatus.

:laugh:

Ibrahim Tall
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Leckie is St. Mirren isn't he?

Is that a euphemism for a ****ing w**k**?

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

bigsuperslim1874

So - Dons ready to follow suit??

BBC - Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack warns of tough times ahead due to coronavirus

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That's the risk we take with every contract and signing tbh

It's a balancing act of course but offering him a salary on a par with, say Calum Morrison would be pointless.

We have been in negotiation with AH (and his father) to extend his contract.  Do you seriously think we offered to put him on a par with CM or indeed any other player - and whatever made you think that?

I would be surprised if any club outside Celtic isnt worried and in a similar position right now.  

How rangers are surviving i am not sure given their debt 

bigsuperslim1874
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

£5 million outgoings with no income

Cheers - couldn’t get link to paste. I await the media frenzy.....

bigsuperslim1874
Just now, Bainy said:

I would be surprised if any club outside Celtic isnt worried and in a similar position right now.  

How rangers are surviving i am not sure given their debt 

They probably aren’t. If in doubt - do a share issue!

Just now, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Cheers - couldn’t get link to paste. I await the media frenzy.....

Presumably Aberdeen, like Hearts (and Barcelona) have badly overspent according to the narrative.

bigsuperslim1874
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Presumably Aberdeen, like Hearts (and Barcelona) have badly overspent according to the narrative.

Maybe. Be interesting to see what our resident dons fan thinks. And interesting to see if the gimps in the media keep up their level of bile that’s been directed squarely at us.

jamboinglasgow

I look forward to seeing media pundits and Aberdeen fans twisting themselves into knots on how Aberdeen deserve sympathy and nothing like the terrible, irresponsible Hearts.

9 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Maybe. Be interesting to see what our resident dons fan thinks. And interesting to see if the gimps in the media keep up their level of bile that’s been directed squarely at us.

That statement from Aberdeen is a credit to the club.

They have laid on the line with figures the harsh reality of a club with a substantial cash balance going into the crisis and what could happen further on.

Edited by JamboAl

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

That statement from Aberdeen is a credit to the club.

They have laid on the line with figures the harsh reality of a club with a substantial cash balance going into the crisis and what could happen further on.

Agree with you there. Least the fans are being kept up to date on what is happening. Meanwhile across the city hibs think they will be fine nothing to worry about here and also  sevco not a care in the world according to the bears den. It will cometo them guaranteed.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I look forward to seeing media pundits and Aberdeen fans twisting themselves into knots on how Aberdeen deserve sympathy and nothing like the terrible, irresponsible Hearts.

You have it correct. Aberdeen, Forfar, Edinburgh City, Barcelona and others are clubs that have been badly effected by a global pandemic that none of them could possibly have forecast or avoided.

Heart of Midlothian on the other hand, are a football club that refused to allow for a financial impact that they alone should have been aware of. Our CEO, Mrs Budge should have known that Covid 19 was going to go worldwide at the start of the season and taken steps to ensure that Tynecastle was the one place in the world where this virus could not impact.

Aberdeen statement doesn’t really say anything we didn’t all already know. We are still the only club to have acted which means we will continue to be the only club spoke about. 

Diadora Van Basten

Aberdeen statement lays bare the problem affecting all clubs. Ann has been pro active on this and is ahead of the curve.

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You have it correct. Aberdeen, Forfar, Edinburgh City, Barcelona and others are clubs that have been badly effected by a global pandemic that none of them could possibly have forecast or avoided.

Heart of Midlothian on the other hand, are a football club that refused to allow for a financial impact that they alone should have been aware of. Our CEO, Mrs Budge should have known that Covid 19 was going to go worldwide at the start of the season and taken steps to ensure that Tynecastle was the one place in the world where this virus could not impact.

This

45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

TAM! TAM! Can you please report to the big phallus shaped phone at reception please...

49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

KRIS! KRIS! Can you please report to the big monster munch shaped phone at reception please...

13 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Aberdeen statement doesn’t really say anything we didn’t all already know. We are still the only club to have acted which means we will continue to be the only club spoke about. 

Aberdeen are giving notice.

I think as well they are putting pressure on the SFA / SPFL. 

51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

BILL! BILL! Go **** yourself you fat St Liedown clown shoe.

2 hours ago, swedishjambo said:

Leckie is coming across as a prize anti Hearts galoot.

I may be wrong but I haven't yet read that AB has imposed any financial restrictions re pay - she has ASKED.

So far as I am aware Stendel has waived his salary while Naismith, Sievers, Levein and MacPhee have opted fot half pay: there may be others.  Dikamona has chosen to terminate his contract and intimated his wish to re-sign.  Naismith has said he would like to play for HMFC whatever league we are in. 

These  are hardly the actions you would expect to see in response to some dictatoral owner as portrayed by Leckie.

Five to One

Just seen the Dons non-statement. Will ‘I’veSeentheLight’ now scarper once again and stop delighting in our predicament?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/23/coronavirus-sport-premier-league-tokyo-olympics

At last somebody dealing with the reality of the situation. Unless there is a game changing vaccine breakthrough I don't see us being back at Tynecastle in 2020.

Scary thought but probably the likely outcome, hopefully we are able to apply for the 80% of wages scheme or suspension of players wages will need to be enforced.

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/23/coronavirus-sport-premier-league-tokyo-olympics

At last somebody dealing with the reality of the situation. Unless there is a game changing vaccine breakthrough I don't see us being back at Tynecastle in 2020.

Not sure you can take a scientists view of what will happen seriously, when they have obviously not checked with Kris Boyd, Fraser Wishart, Bill Leckie and other far more knowledgable Scottish football people.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Scary thought but probably the likely outcome, hopefully we are able to apply for the 80% of wages scheme or suspension of players wages will need to be enforced.

It's not 80% of the wages though.

That' has an upper limit of £2500 per month.

By offering a 50% wage we could perhaps defer suspension of wages.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's not 80% of the wages though.

That' has an upper limit of £2500 per month.

By offering a 50% wage we could perhaps defer suspension of wages.

£577 per week

Aaron Hickey but not anyone else in playing squad.

These cuts havent even been implemented yet but you would think we are cutting people left right and centre because the club has no money. Lets see how everyone else does when this really kicks in and discuss who was right or wrong. The most important thing is the survival of the club itself, regardless of a short playing career or not maybe some players will need to go and find a normal job after football and not expect to live on 15 years salary. Im sure many players have an idea what they want to do after their playing days are over but I dont think many are going to find themselves in financial hardship.

23 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Just seen the Dons non-statement. Will ‘I’veSeentheLight’ now scarper once again and stop delighting in our predicament?

We can but hope.

36 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Definitely. Good to see there are journalists out there who seem to be aware of the seriousness.

...a bit disco
59 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Missing you mate.

😢

25 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Definitely. Good to see there are journalists out there who seem to be aware of the seriousness.

Probably because they are still working, on full pay and are self-centred individuals.

Footballfirst

Aberdeen STs went on sale on 11 March, so they may have got some cash in before the Covid suspension hit.  They will of course have difficulties selling anything with the current situation.

Heartsofgold
3 hours ago, swedishjambo said:

I can argue with almost every single word of that arse wipes so called article.  It's nothing but a chance to bash the club and owner.  Aberdeen have now announced that they have £5million of liabilities that they will struggle to fund.  Where's the press outcry about that.  Barcelona have announced they may have to ask players to forego some wages.  Didn't read a dickie bird about that in the papers.  **** them all I say.  Time to circle the Jambo wagons.

24 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Missing you mate.

😢

And you mate, it's bad when you pine for the pain of watching us! Stuck at home here working my way through the Roxy Music back catalogue while I authorise journals. Same old scene for a while... 

Heartsofgold
28 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Leckie away and fling shite at yourself pal. 

Fling it?!?!  Prick needs to sit down to a shit supper with lashings of pish for vinegar. 

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Fling it?!?!  Prick needs to sit down to a shit supper with lashings of pish for vinegar. 

:lol: 

IveSeenTheLight
33 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bump.

So, Aberdeen fans looking in...your "Let's all laugh at Hearts thread" on AFC Chat.

How's that looking? 

Hubris. More to follow...

Hardly post there and haven't on that thread.

I presume you're referring to this

Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack warns of tough times ahead due to coronavirus

Of course its challenging times for all clubs and the longer this goes on, the more uncertainty there will be

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

We have been in negotiation with AH (and his father) to extend his contract.  Do you seriously think we offered to put him on a par with CM or indeed any other player - and whatever made you think that?

I don’t think that. It was in response to someone saying AH should be paid in line with age and experience and Morrison was the first one who sprung to mind. 

This says it all for me. Total irrelevance.

And there’s the figurehead of one of the country’s biggest clubs, ploughing in studs-up like Neil Berry on steroids.

Listen, I don’t know the nitty-gritty about Tynecastle’s finances.

He doesn't know but he is going to tell us anyway. What a .

19 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

Hickey wants to stay at hearts. First team football, stays at home, but wants first team wages. Not unreasonable. 

Home is in Glasgow though. 

16 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

He’ll be lucky if he even earns the pay cut threshold of 18K at the moment. But the club value him at £1M+. If the club has any sense they’ll make him a half way decent offer to protect their asset. And we’re not talking huge amounts to do so, especially compared to what bang average journeymen are earning, never mind our top players.

Believe he earns about £30k pa atm