Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Nookie Bear
19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Then he should sign a new contract, or not play any football until his contract runs out. If there’s offers and he won’t sign a contract then we have to take one of them, letting talent go for less than their value has to stop now.

If he isn’t being offered first team wages, why would he sign? Can’t imagine that’s true though. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

4 hours ago, swedishjambo said:

So many of his comments in this article are just untrue and/or inaccurate. But then again it’s the sun so why expect anything else. 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Believe he earns about £30k pa atm 

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If he isn’t being offered first team wages, why would he sign? Can’t imagine that’s true though. 

I think there may be an element of the structure for youth players. Also being Under 18 and possibly FIFA rules. It might be a good new contract will be signed when he turns 18. June I think.

Might already have been agreed. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think there may be an element of the structure for youth players. Also being Under 18 and possibly FIFA rules. It might be a good new contract will be signed when he turns 18. June I think.

Current situation might make him and his father accept an offer from us that they wouldn’t previously have contemplated. Guarantees him first team football and a decent wage whilst football returns to normality somewhere around summer 2021. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair point. He’s 18 in June so hopefully something lined up to tempt him. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Believe he earns about £30k pa atm 

Doubt he’s on that yet given what he started on at start of season. He’ll have increments based on appearances, but I’d be surprised if he’s at that level.

Even if he is, and doubt it as I said, that’s less than 600 quid per week. 

Just now, buzzbomb said:

Doubt he’s on that yet given what he started on at start of season. He’ll have increments based on appearances, but I’d be surprised if he’s at that level.

Even if he is, and doubt it as I said, that’s less than 600 quid per week. 

That’s exactly what he is on I believe. Doubled his wages at start of season. 

...a bit disco
34 minutes ago, Jodami said:

And you mate, it's bad when you pine for the pain of watching us! Stuck at home here working my way through the Roxy Music back catalogue while I authorise journals. Same old scene for a while... 

Ah, the thrill of it all.

:whistling:

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah if the offer isn’t good enough he’s well within his rights, as are we to sell him if we need to. Hopefully the new SD can sort it out but who knows when he will be in place.

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Ah, the thrill of it all.

:whistling:

Not even the bogus man himself could do more than this. 

There’s a leaked e-mail going around which I’m pretty sure the press will have a field day with once they get a hold of it

Doesn't that £5 million just mean they don't expect any season ticket sales.  Trying to do a Motherwell by saying they are fine but want fans to secretly help.

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, smare14 said:

AFL cancelled on Sunday, wage reduction announced already https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/0323/1124841-mckenna-and-tohill-return-home-as-afl-cut-wages-by-50/ as lots have mentioned before there will be a lot of clubs in different sports having to do the same

80% of staff laid off without pay. NRL is going to lay off 90% of staff as well. Yet in Scotland, some people like Boyd.....actually, feck it. There's no point.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

In time, Budge’s 50% offer will look generous. 

Indeed. The world has never experienced as rapid an economic downturn as this.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

"I've had calls, emails, texts from the great and good of Scottish football thanking me for putting this out."

What's Budge had? Ridicule, abuse and snide digs. And that's just from Hearts fans'.

Cormack though...a real paragon.👍🏻

It’s sickening. Plenty more to come I’d wager. Dempster looks like she’s testing the PR water with her recent statement as well. 
budge ridiculed in the shameful press here and absolute weapon pundits .

14 minutes ago, Peebo said:

In time, Budge’s 50% offer will look generous. 

It was very generous. I said that at the time. 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It was very generous. I said that at the time. 

It does look like it now but only time will tell.

The real point is that she was looking ahead into darkness and a decision had to be made balancing what was best for the club and the staff.

If this lasts for any length of time it is inevitable there will be suspension of pay, lay-offs, redundancies or whatever as it would be irresponsible to try and continue paying wages with revenue supplies cut off.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

There’s a leaked e-mail going around which I’m pretty sure the press will have a field day with once they get a hold of it

sounds like its too late. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5418753/hearts-approach-agents-players-money-spend/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1584994328

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Trying to work out what the worst aspect of this is.

I think it’s probably Murray asking “do you have any players who might be suitable for Hearts?”

If ever a statement exposed the problem with our recruitment, it’s this. Finding suitable players is your ****ing job Murray. You’re employed to identify targets not to get agents to recommend them. This guy seriously needs to **** off with Levein and McPhee

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:laugh:

I know that PR has never been John Murray's strong point but FFS!

Does he have a strong point?

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think it’s probably Murray asking “do you have any players who might be suitable for Hearts?”

If ever a statement exposed the problem with our recruitment, it’s this. Finding suitable players is your ****ing job Murray. You’re employed to identify targets not to get agents to recommend them. This guy seriously needs to **** off with Levein and McPhee

beat me to it

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That does not cast us in good light given the 50% wage reduction. There’s no secret we need new players in and the majority of  the existing deadwood shipped out before we can do this though. It may have been on the cards anyway and it’s just bad timing imo. We can’t be a sentimental, soft touch club anymore as look where it’s got us in the past....firmly rooted to the bottom. Really don’t care what any other club, fan or journo think. 

East Lothian Jambo

I can't see clubs wanting to see the loss of Hearts from top division on the back of this crisis. Clubs will need every single bit of income possible when we emerge on the other side of this 

The longer this goes on I think we'll see a null and void on league reconstruction scenario 

We cant go down after 30 games. I wonder if the Brora championship declaration at the weekend is a precursor to their admittance to the league structure 

1 minute ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I can't see clubs wanting to see the loss of Hearts from top division on the back of this crisis. Clubs will need every single bit of income possible when we emerge on the other side of this 

The longer this goes on I think we'll see a null and void on league reconstruction scenario 

We cant go down after 30 games. I wonder if the Brora championship declaration at the weekend is a precursor to their admittance to the league structure 

Is there that much of a difference of an away support from Hearts and a promoted Dundee Utd?  Not so sure. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, LogicalEric said:

Can we get some comment off Kris Boyd or Tam McManus on the reckless nature of their finances? 

Pair of absolutely ignorameses,  that can get to f....k !    Tam f....g who??? At least the other c....t scored a few goals, but the hibby with an average of aboot 3 goals a season .....!!GTF.......

Borders Jambo
13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Is there that much of a difference of an away support from Hearts and a promoted Dundee Utd?  Not so sure. 

Are you serious?

29 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

🤣🤣🤣

Geoff Kilpatrick
33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

:wtfvlad:

Barcelona now apparently asking players to take a wage reduction due to lack of income. Can’t wait to see the reaction from the usual suspects. 

59 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Agreed that is a bizarre quote but they've got other stuff wrong in the article so I wouldn't give it too much credence.

46 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:wtfvlad:

I will respond to you as yours is the most rude:

Is there that much of a significant difference between the average crowd we take to places like Perth and Hamilton that Dundee Utd wouldn’t take?  Bearing in mind my question was in relation to the post saying clubs won’t want hearts down because of the away support we bring. 

34 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

Barcelona now apparently asking players to take a wage reduction due to lack of income. Can’t wait to see the reaction from the usual suspects. 

Have they given the players the same guidance that if they don’t take the reduction they can get their contracts terminated? 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

John has become the butt of nearly all stories re Hearts. There was another one last week that turned out to be untrue (supposedly).  Suspect this another wind-up. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:laugh:

I know that PR has never been John Murray's strong point but FFS!

If you believe it’s true. 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

That does not cast us in good light given the 50% wage reduction. There’s no secret we need new players in and the majority of  the existing deadwood shipped out before we can do this though. It may have been on the cards anyway and it’s just bad timing imo. We can’t be a sentimental, soft touch club anymore as look where it’s got us in the past....firmly rooted to the bottom. Really don’t care what any other club, fan or journo think. 

Only fools would believe this story to be true.  Happily admit to being a fool if it is. 

31 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

John Murray at work...

maybe he's now doing 50% of his job. gets someone else to recommend the duds. 

He is semi-retired and fully retired from this summer. 

16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Have they given the players the same guidance that if they don’t take the reduction they can get their contracts terminated? 

That’s not what they were told.  They were asked to take a 50% pay cut. If they didn’t want it do that they were offered the opportunity to terminate their contracts. They always had the choice of leaving things as they are.   
Pretty straightforward and pretty fair given the club could immediately suspend all players wage payments as per their contracts. 
what part of it don’t you get?