Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That crossed my mind too. Perhaps this isn’t just about struggling to pay wages and she’s finally showing her ruthlessness in business dealings and sees this as an opportunistic early start to the rebuild for the Championship, although even if we stay up there will have to be a massive clear out and rebuild.

Sounds like constructive dismissal and I doubt AB is callous enough to go down that road. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, graygo said:

Turns out that to get the 80% the employee has to be retained by the company.

It would be a good gesture if we retained the back office and lower paid staff in the interim, if we can do this with government assistance. 

1 hour ago, TheSandpit said:

What a clown.

No relegation clause in any player's contracts? How would he know?

Also apparently the lower paid players have knocked their pan in to get us out of this mess, it's only the higher paid ones who have contributed nothing.

A_A wehatethehibs

Tbh I wish we had just gone down the redundancy route and sacked people. Would’ve been simpler and more clear to people how bleak this virus is 

25 minutes ago, graygo said:

What a clown.

Also apparently the lower paid players have knocked their pan in to get us out of this mess, it's only the higher paid ones who have contributed nothing.

Not doing the click bait to read the article but at the last AGM, AB said most players have relegation clauses in their contracts.

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Not doing the click bait to read the article but at the last AGM, AB said most players have relegation clauses in their contracts.

Exactly, 25% I think it was.

Jeremy Goss

We originally done well off the field after the first season in the championship and then quite rightly spend money to improve the squad and build a new stand.

All with the fans desires to do better in the league etc like any club on the up.

The problem is we’ve spent a lot but have nothing to show in terms of success. The stand costs have spiralled unnecessarily and have been badly managed. All this has contributed to our current predicament.

The squad spending is merited despite our league position. If we’d been top we’d still have issues.

the stand overspending is inexcusable.

Nobody could’ve foreseen a global pandemic though. Without this we are stable regardless of the spending. The steps she has taken are the right thing to do and hopefully the government news yesterday will help the club office staff.

kingantti1874

Hearts have been generous here to some of our overpaid dross, we could and probably should have used the opportunity to empty some of them

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Jeremy Goss said:

We originally done well off the field after the first season in the championship and then quite rightly spend money to improve the squad and build a new stand.

All with the fans desires to do better in the league etc like any club on the up.

The problem is we’ve spent a lot but have nothing to show in terms of success. The stand costs have spiralled unnecessarily and have been badly managed. All this has contributed to our current predicament.

The squad spending is merited despite our league position. If we’d been top we’d still have issues.

the stand overspending is inexcusable.

Nobody could’ve foreseen a global pandemic though. Without this we are stable regardless of the spending. The steps she has taken are the right thing to do and hopefully the government news yesterday will help the club office staff.

Jesus!

JamboAndrew
45 minutes ago, graygo said:

What a clown.

Boyd is a know nothing moron.

Well documented that almost every player has a relegation wage drop clause in their contract.

Jeremy Goss
2 hours ago, TheSandpit said:

Absolute nonsensical article and usual attempt to sell papers. The levels of hypocrisy here are off the scale.

The basis of his view is that we’d still be in same predicament in a few months if it wasn’t for covid-19 is not true. Total bullshit once again from Boyd.

Would people be happier if we had cash reserves but still sitting bottom of the league? The demand of supporters to have a top 4 team at least even while building a stand is unreasonable. We have been fortunate FOH and benefactors have helped massively but money has been spent on players and we should be in a better position but we sit bottom. Could you imagine celtic losing the league but having 60 million in the bank they could have spent on players. 

It’s amazing how easily some of our supporters are turned against the club when we are facing some of the toughest times in our history. If ever there was a time to pull together it is now, and yet... a few bitter Hibs reptiles scurry on here and stir up a bit of shite, and so many can’t wait to bail in and start attacking the club. Risible.

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Using the current issues affecting the world, as a platform to whine about player recruitment is pathetic imo. Not sure why you are being allowed to get away with tbh.

From the guy who wants clubs to fold under the same circumstances 

I see you do irony 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Jeremy Goss said:

If it’s inevitable that makes it justified?

It means it can’t be inexcusable. Look

at the overspend for Wembley and Spurs new stadium.  It was always going to run over budget. 

East Lothian Jambo
7 minutes ago, jackal said:

Would people be happier if we had cash reserves but still sitting bottom of the league? The demand of supporters to have a top 4 team at least even while building a stand is unreasonable. We have been fortunate FOH and benefactors have helped massively but money has been spent on players and we should be in a better position but we sit bottom. Could you imagine celtic losing the league but having 60 million in the bank they could have spent on players. 

Those were the publicly stated expectations of Ann Budge 

Club have failed to meet those expectations 4 years in a row 

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s amazing how easily some of our supporters are turned against the club when we are facing some of the toughest times in our history. If ever there was a time to pull together it is now, and yet... a few bitter Hibs reptiles scurry on here and stir up a bit of shite, and so many can’t wait to bail in and start attacking the club. Risible.

Quite right. Bunch of dicks. 

3 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

From the guy who wants clubs to fold under the same circumstances 

I see you do irony 

I would absolutely love to see Hibs fold. I’d celebrate it with gusto. The reason?

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?342787-The-generic-Hearts-thread/page202

and...

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?158395-Share-Transfers-Agreed-Cooling-off-period/page1275

So yes. I want them obliterated. This is a Hearts forum. I’m comfortable with saying it here. You on the other hand are trying to cause discord and division between Hearts supporters on a Hearts forum, at a time when we all need to be pulling in the same direction. 

I think you are Hibs, and I’ll take the infraction for saying it, because if you are not, then you are even worse. Your behaviour at this time is risible.

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Goss said:

If it’s inevitable that makes it justified?

Why not just inevitable. Trying to steer it towards justified for no reason. The guy said it was inevitable and judging by other stadium and major building projects I’ve read about, he has a point. 

Boyd reckons even without coronavirus, it was only a matter of time before we had the begging bowl back out. What does he have to substantiate that claim?

Jeremy Goss
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Boyd reckons even without coronavirus, it was only a matter of time before we had the begging bowl back out. What does he have to substantiate that claim?

Exactly 

East Lothian Jambo
9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I would absolutely love to see Hibs fold. I’d celebrate it with gusto. The reason?

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?342787-The-generic-Hearts-thread/page202

and...

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?158395-Share-Transfers-Agreed-Cooling-off-period/page1275

So yes. I want them obliterated. This is a Hearts forum. I’m comfortable with saying it here. You on the other hand are trying to cause discord and division between Hearts supporters on a Hearts forum, at a time when we all need to be pulling in the same direction. 

I think you are Hibs, and I’ll take the infraction for saying it, because if you are not, then you are even worse. Your behaviour at this time is risible.

What a very very strange person you appear to be 

No amount of revisionism from you can detract from the gross mismanagement and under achievement that has been prevalent at Hearts for a considerable period of time.  For Hearts to be on the brink of relegation is my concern 

I've not criticised Ann Budge for her decision this week. You know that of course

I'm acutely aware we are in the midst of a humanitarian crisis.  That doesn't mean Hearts weren't a real mess prior to this situation 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Fat radge 

LogicalEric

Reading this morning that all the other clubs in the SPL are going to follow Hearts’ lead and offer wage cuts. Be interesting to see if financial experts like Kris Boyd and Tam McManus will lambast them for reckless spending?

fabienleclerq
28 minutes ago, jackal said:

**** me. 

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Boyd is fixated with what happened at Rangers. Everything is karma ( as he expressed live on BBC radio when Dundee United were relegated - to the embarrassment an disbelief of the rest of the broadcasters) or bitter and twisted tripe

Edited by Riccarton3

Jeremy Goss
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why not just inevitable. Trying to steer it towards justified for no reason. The guy said it was inevitable and judging by other stadium and major building projects I’ve read about, he has a point. 

I accept most major building projects end up over budget. Doesn’t mean to say it’s right and we just accept inevitability. It’s been poorly planned and executed and the numbers demonstrate that.

Covid-19 could not been reasonably foreseen though so we can’t blame her for that bit.

14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Boyd reckons even without coronavirus, it was only a matter of time before we had the begging bowl back out. What does he have to substantiate that 

AB said at the AGM we were predicting a £400k shortfall this season which would have been offset by the unbudgeted cup run.

What she didn't say what the league position this was based on.  The other unknown is how much above January transfer window budget we went.

Relegation would have hit us very hard but we would have imo managed fine by making necessary cuts to align income and expenditure as best as possible.

Edited by DETTY29

22 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Those were the publicly stated expectations of Ann Budge 

Club have failed to meet those expectations 4 years in a row 

And with the squad we have that is where we should be. Money has been spent on the squad to try and get us there but for whatever reason be it poor recruitment, poor management, injuries or whatever else money was spent on the playing side while a new stand was built.

So would you be happy if we had saved enough to pay the players but hadnt invested so much in the squad ? Not many clubs will have reserves too see them through a situation like this but I am sure if football had not been stopped we wouldnt have had any financial worries.

Further down the line when we have more disposable income and the squad quality improves I have no doubt we will have a cash reserve for such situations but to expect Hearts to have that in such a short time after almost going under is ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

What a very very strange person you appear to be 

No amount of revisionism from you can detract from the gross mismanagement and under achievement that has been prevalent at Hearts for a considerable period of time.  For Hearts to be on the brink of relegation is my concern 

I've not criticised Ann Budge for her decision this week. You know that of course

I'm acutely aware we are in the midst of a humanitarian crisis.  That doesn't mean Hearts weren't a real mess prior to this situation 

Right. You’ve made your point. Can you now shut the **** about it and let people concentrate on trying to get through the current crisis? Now is not the time.

NaturalOrder74

It’s interesting ALL the focus is on hearts and how we’re struggling we have extra income coming in wtf are at Johnstone, Hamilton, killie etc going to do about keeping the finances coming in ? I can imagine Celtic have money for a crisis like this but i don’t see how any other team in the league is better off than hearts 

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, jackal said:

And with the squad we have that is where we should be. Money has been spent on the squad to try and get us there but for whatever reason be it poor recruitment, poor management, injuries or whatever else money was spent on the playing side while a new stand was built.

So would you be happy if we had saved enough to pay the players but hadnt invested so much in the squad ? Not many clubs will have reserves too see them through a situation like this but I am sure if football had not been stopped we wouldnt have had any financial worries.

Further down the line when we have more disposable income and the squad quality improves I have no doubt we will have a cash reserve for such situations but to expect Hearts to have that in such a short time after almost going under is ridiculous.

I don't blame Ann Budge for her decision this week. Some radge is accusing me of all sorts a few minutes ago 

Just to be clear, as if 21.40 after the game at Paisley 11 days ago, I'm of the view that what has gone on at Hearts for a considerable period of time is completely unacceptable. I think the vast majority of Hearts fans hold similar views 

Unless of course you've been someone who has steadfastly supported Craig Levein & Ann Budge. If that were the case it may be a difficult situation to accept 

We are in the most uncertain of times. My criticism relates to a very significant period of time prior to the onset of a humanitarian crisis. I think it's really important to emphasise that as there are evidently some people desperate to be outraged 

I don't blame Ann Budge for her decision this week. Some radge is accusing me of all sorts a few minutes ago 

Just to be clear, as if 21.40 after the game at Paisley 11 days ago, I'm of the view that what has gone on at Hearts for a considerable period of time is completely unacceptable. I think the vast majority of Hearts fans hold similar views 

Unless of course you've been someone who has steadfastly supported Craig Levein & Ann Budge. If that were the case it may be a difficult situation to accept 

We are in the most uncertain of times. My criticism relates to a very significant period of time prior to the onset of a humanitarian crisis. I think it's really important to emphasise that as there are evidently some people desperate to be outraged 

Desperately outraged about our form before the humanitarian crisis, so still battering on about it at a time when we need to pull together for the sake of the club... accusing others of being desperate to be outraged. Risible.

East Lothian Jambo
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Right. You’ve made your point. Can you now shut the **** about it and let people concentrate on trying to get through the current crisis? Now is not the time.

Close down a football discussion board you mean? 

What has football got to do with Covid-19? 

I'm lost my friend. I would imagine you might have been someone who has blindly put your shoulder behind Levein and Budge and the outcome for such loyalty is becoming a touch hard to handle. Hence the apparent desperation to be offended 

East Lothian Jambo
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Desperately outraged about our form before the humanitarian crisis, so still battering on about it at a time when we need to pull together for the sake of the club... accusing others of being desperate to be outraged. Risible.

Maybe you should ignore me and countless others 

You are clearly very upset. Your ire is misdirected 

grumpyespana
21 minutes ago, sac said:

His beloved Sevco are probably more at risk than ours, which will be an interesting watch. 

I am surprised that there has been nothing coming out of Ibrox this week or the papers talking about there wages but hey ho we are a easy target this week.

Just now, East Lothian Jambo said:

Close down a football discussion board you mean? 

What has football got to do with Covid-19? 

I'm lost my friend. I would imagine you might have been someone who has blindly put your shoulder behind Levein and Budge and the outcome for such loyalty is becoming a touch hard to handle. Hence the apparent desperation to be offended 

Too right you are lost. This is a thread about how Hearts can survive covid-19, on a forum about Hearts. You are using it to whine about our form before the crisis. It achieves nothing except spreading division and discord at a time when we need to pull together to help the club survive. As I said, you are utterly risible.

East Lothian Jambo
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Too right you are lost. This is a thread about how Hearts can survive covid-19, on a forum about Hearts. You are using it to whine about our form before the crisis. It achieves nothing except spreading division and discord at a time when we need to pull together to help the club survive. As I said, you are utterly risible.

You're good with what has gone on. We'll leave it there 

You're good with what has gone on. We'll leave it there 

I don’t believe you, sadly. 

East Lothian Jambo
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I don’t believe you, sadly. 

Cool. You stick to faux outrage. You do it well 

Rogue Daddy

...so AB was ahead of the curve after all.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-lead-followed-12-clubs-21728687

It’s believed most Scottish club bosses were unaware of the clause, maybe even Hearts themselves, but now some chairmen are seeing it as a potential lifeline to safeguard their club’s future.

One chairman said: “If the football authorities can’t prop up the clubs still further financially then more and more clubs are likely to make their players redundant under Article 12.

“It’s a step no owner wishes to take but with no money coming in there are already up to a dozen clubs ready to follow the lead of Hearts in the next few weeks. Unless the finances can be underpinned then more clubs, including some of the major players, are likely to follow suit.”