Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

There's only 2 left to decide.  They are both internationalists so I am guessing it isn't Walker or Uche bit surprised in the latter.

I don't know who.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

There's only 2 left to decide.  They are both internationalists so I am guessing it isn't Walker or Uche bit surprised in the latter.

I don't know who.

Uche has been called up by Uganda. Not saying he's one of the two, but he might count as an internationalist.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Stop guessing ffs

Yup, its tasteless. Earlier today we were bemoaning players not wanting to cut wages to help the club (I was one.) The players have since done that. So lets agree things are better than they were this morning and move on.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

The Future's Maroon
48 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I'm no great fan of Walker, but somebody on here makes a guess as to a an identity and before you know it, it becomes a feckin fact to some.

Gie me strength.

Spot on Jim, it’s the kickback way....some think they know when they clearly don’t.

(hope you and family are good mate)

7 minutes ago, maroon said:

Apologies, hard to keep up with whole thread. Are u saying there are 7 players not accepting wage cuts?

I haven’t been following it all but I believe there were 7 up till Sunday. Then I believe it was down to 2, just before 5pm. They all finally changed tack and took Anna deal though. I think that’s the brief summary but could be wrong. Haven’t read the whole thread though. I stand to be corrected if I’m wrong 

Let’s not try paint this news as a good news story. The facts are this has taken the club nearly 6 weeks to get to an agreement with the players who have fought the plan tooth and nail from the start. The players have called in the PFA and leaked stories to the press trying to drum up sympathy that they’ve been asked to take a cut. Walkers sisters is talking out her hoop and making a bit of a breast of herself but although her facts my be incorrect the sentiment will be based on truth ie she knows that the players and potentially Jamie himself aren’t happy at being asked to take the cut. I admire the clubs stance of trying to get a working agreement with all the players but I genuinely would’ve preferred anyone refusing the cuts to be article 12’d. These players have been a disappointment on the park and are now a huge disappointment off the park. The disconnect between fans and players has never been as large and I don’t see how any of these players think the fans will forget any of this. 

12 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I haven’t been following it all but I believe there were 7 up till Sunday. Then I believe it was down to 2, just before 5pm. They all finally changed tack and took Anna deal though. I think that’s the brief summary but could be wrong. Haven’t read the whole thread though. I stand to be corrected if I’m wrong 

Cheers mate 

J.T.F.Robertson
12 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

It’s the kickback way though JTF. 
Happy with Claypole? Think JUJU needs to play like a no 1 receiver this year or I can’t see him becoming a free agent. Same with JC 

Aye, I've been around here long enough to know that.

I figured they'd go receiver, but being honest, I knew brussel sprout about the guy. He seems to have the tools right enough and think Ben may ;) have had some input there.

I presume you mean you can see JuJu becoming a FA, and as for Conner, I love the guy, but it would help (to put it mildly) if we could get a few more games out of him. 

I was relatively happy with what we did, but as always, the proof will be in eating.

Ravens though ........ 

J.T.F.Robertson
22 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Spot on Jim, it’s the kickback way....some think they know when they clearly don’t.

(hope you and family are good mate)

Ah ken, Boab.

Bored shitless at times, but other than that, my usual upbeat self. :P

Same for you and your da'.

14 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Aye, I've been around here long enough to know that.

I figured they'd go receiver, but being honest, I knew brussel sprout about the guy. He seems to have the tools right enough and think Ben may ;) have had some input there.

I presume you mean you can see JuJu becoming a FA, and as for Conner, I love the guy, but it would help (to put it mildly) if we could get a few more games out of him. 

I was relatively happy with what we did, but as always, the proof will be in eating.

Ravens though ........ 

yes that’s what I meant. I can see juju becoming a FA. JC had a bad session. Think injuries will define his future and if it continues then he’ll have a short career. Yeh Ben needs some new tools and maybe claypole ticks the boxes for him.  Im sure our pick was BPA on the receiver front. I’d AB goes to the ratbirds then there’ll be a bounty on his head by our LB’s and secondary. Would like to see him laid out cold again. This time by our side 

J.T.F.Robertson
20 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

yes that’s what I meant. I can see juju becoming a FA. JC had a bad session. Think injuries will define his future and if it continues then he’ll have a short career. Yeh Ben needs some new tools and maybe claypole ticks the boxes for him.  Im sure our pick was BPA on the receiver front. I’d AB goes to the ratbirds then there’ll be a bounty on his head by our LB’s and secondary. Would like to see him laid out cold again. This time by our side 

BPA?

Where have you heard the AB rumour? That's the first I know of it.

BTW, hope things look up insofar as your business goes. Who'd have visualized this just a few months ago.

Gawd knows when/if I'll get back for my usual visit, though in the scheme of things I know that's just me being my usual me me me, self.

Look out for you and yours.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Let’s not try paint this news as a good news story. The facts are this has taken the club nearly 6 weeks to get to an agreement with the players who have fought the plan tooth and nail from the start. The players have called in the PFA and leaked stories to the press trying to drum up sympathy that they’ve been asked to take a cut. Walkers sisters is talking out her hoop and making a bit of a breast of herself but although her facts my be incorrect the sentiment will be based on truth ie she knows that the players and potentially Jamie himself aren’t happy at being asked to take the cut. I admire the clubs stance of trying to get a working agreement with all the players but I genuinely would’ve preferred anyone refusing the cuts to be article 12’d. These players have been a disappointment on the park and are now a huge disappointment off the park. The disconnect between fans and players has never been as large and I don’t see how any of these players think the fans will forget any of this. 

That is the way the press has painted it and initially it did make the players look really bad until Budge clarified a few things, but really we have no idea what went on. The PFA is there for a reason. They seem out of touch and worse than useless to me but there's no point being in a union unless you're going to use them for guidance and help in contractual situations. Part of being in a union is also negotiating together so many of the players may have decided to go down that route and do it together, which I assume takes time. There was no urgency anyhow. They were always getting their April wages weren't they?

Edited by ToqueJambo

At the time of the AGM Hearts were due AB - BidCo £1.6m, maybe that is what The Sun is alluding to (not doing clickbait)

If the players or their reps have read that then I'm sure they will know how much the benefactors as an example have paid towards players wages in the last year or so....

Of course it is The Sun, but just as the players draw you back in......

Guest ToqueJambo

Probably one of the worst articles I've ever read. Granted I never read the Sun.

The Sun: "Hearts chief Ann Budge wins wage-cut war with Jambos stars as they back down!"

Narrator: There was no war

The Sun: "SunSport understands the remaining players who held out against her plan to slash salaries have backed down and WILL take cuts."

Narrator: It was a request for a temporary pay cut.

The Sun: "PFA Scotland had vowed to fight the move to invoke controversial clause 12."

Narrator: There was no move to do that.

The Sun: "In a document sent to their Hearts members on Sunday, it was revealed players feared the money saved from wage cuts would be put towards paying the club’s existing debt to shareholders."

Narrator: Hearts have no debt, certainly not to shareholders.

The Sun: "Hearts were the first club to move for wage reductions when the Covid-19 crisis struck, immediately telling players to accept half pay."

Narrator: Players were asked not told.

The Sun: "Budge reiterated the clause 12 warning last weekend, telling them she would press the nuclear button of cancelling deals if they didn’t comply."

Narrator: WTF

The Sun: "The co-chair of the SPFL reconstruction taskforce has claimed the Hearts business model of paying higher basic salaries, rather than incentivised contracts, left them exposed when the current crisis struck."

Narrator: So you're saying Hearts actually treated players well by paying higher basic wages than other clubs who base it on results, which along other things protects players who get injured or if the team plays badly? Yet Hearts are the baddies?

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

BPA?

Where have you heard the AB rumour? That's the first I know of it.

BTW, hope things look up insofar as your business goes. Who'd have visualized this just a few months ago.

Gawd knows when/if I'll get back for my usual visit, though in the scheme of things I know that's just me being my usual me me me, self.

Look out for you and yours.

BPA is best pick available. AB has been working out with Lamar Jackson down in Florida. Posting it all over his instagram. I follow a few of the Steelers fans forums, Still Curtain, Steel City Mafia, Steelers Xtreme, and BTSC are all a good source for info. Plus there’s a good podcast I listen to. I can get you a link if you like? If AB gets cleared from Goodell, then don’t be surprised if he gets a one year deal from the ravens. Jackson has already said he’d love AB as a weapon of choice. 

Thanks for your words mate. Yes plenty sleepless nights since covid happened. Not sure what level I’ll be pitching in with funds this year as that will depend on the business surviving. Two of my pals have had to close the doors permanently on theirs. Could be a good few years till recovery. 

I’ll catch you for a beer next time you’re over. Hopefully on a match day. 

Take care and stay safe my friend. 

KyleLafferty

The hate Jamie Walker gets for absolutely nothing is an absolute joke. It’s verging on bullying. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

This place is a cesspit at times.  A whole load of speculation based on tabloid reports with players being singled out for not taking cuts, yet when the vast majority take them it's still not good enough.  On top of that, let's round on a young guy who was one of the quickest to accept the terms and without hesitation, despite just having a child and probably having more cause for concern than other players.  The personal stuff is so over the top on here at times.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Personally I could not give a toss what the sun think... or anybody outside the club think for that matter! AB has done what is right for Hearts and good for her. If it was not for the fact that we are still in a position where games may still have to be played I would say get the whole lot of absolute wasters out the door and start building a new team now. I really hope that the fans let this lot know exactly what their worth is they has been a disgrace all season on the field and now the have shown their colours off it.

Edited by jock _turd

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Personally I could not give a toss what the sun think... or anybody outside the club think for that matter! AB has done what is right for Hearts and good for her if it was not for the fact that we are still in a position where games may still have to be played I would say get the whole lot of absolute wasters out the door and start building a new team now. I really hope that the fans let this lot know exactly what their worth is they has been a disgrace all season on the field and now the have shown their colours off it.

I agree.

A huge part of me wanted these jokers to take it all the road so we could have launched the lot of them.

Once we're expelled it may still come to that. 

37 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Personally I could not give a toss what the sun think... or anybody outside the club think for that matter! AB has done what is right for Hearts and good for her. If it was not for the fact that we are still in a position where games may still have to be played I would say get the whole lot of absolute wasters out the door and start building a new team now. I really hope that the fans let this lot know exactly what their worth is they has been a disgrace all season on the field and now the have shown their colours off it.

100% agree I'm hearing that Berra might be a player not agreeing. Completely forgot about him and that would make sense he has nothing to loose as a loan player

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Probably one of the worst articles I've ever read. Granted I never read the Sun.

The Sun: "Hearts chief Ann Budge wins wage-cut war with Jambos stars as they back down!"

Narrator: There was no war

The Sun: "SunSport understands the remaining players who held out against her plan to slash salaries have backed down and WILL take cuts."

Narrator: It was a request for a temporary pay cut.

The Sun: "PFA Scotland had vowed to fight the move to invoke controversial clause 12."

Narrator: There was no move to do that.

The Sun: "In a document sent to their Hearts members on Sunday, it was revealed players feared the money saved from wage cuts would be put towards paying the club’s existing debt to shareholders."

Narrator: Hearts have no debt, certainly not to shareholders.

The Sun: "Hearts were the first club to move for wage reductions when the Covid-19 crisis struck, immediately telling players to accept half pay."

Narrator: Players were asked not told.

The Sun: "Budge reiterated the clause 12 warning last weekend, telling them she would press the nuclear button of cancelling deals if they didn’t comply."

Narrator: WTF

The Sun: "The co-chair of the SPFL reconstruction taskforce has claimed the Hearts business model of paying higher basic salaries, rather than incentivised contracts, left them exposed when the current crisis struck."

Narrator: So you're saying Hearts actually treated players well by paying higher basic wages than other clubs who base it on results, which along other things protects players who get injured or if the team plays badly? Yet Hearts are the baddies?

We do have debt due to shareholders. It was roughly £1.5m loan from Bidco as of Dec agm.  Bidco is wholly owned by our largest shareholder. Would be surprised if it’s been repaid so quickly as Budge hinted that repayment would not be in the short term. 

55 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

This place is a cesspit at times.  A whole load of speculation based on tabloid reports with players being singled out for not taking cuts, yet when the vast majority take them it's still not good enough.  On top of that, let's round on a young guy who was one of the quickest to accept the terms and without hesitation, despite just having a child and probably having more cause for concern than other players.  The personal stuff is so over the top on here at times.

👍 same culprits most times as well. 

3fingersreid

If it’s a guessing game  I’m going to guess

its Craig Halkett and I’ll guess he only wants to give up 20% not 30% 

Edited by 3fingersreid

59 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Uninformed and thoughtless hate speak is a common feature of forums like these and social media  sadly. That’s why players and their families should go nowhere near these platforms.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

A spot on post from Bob Loblaw’s law blog. 

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Stop guessing ffs. 

If you know who the two are, just say?  They certainly don't deserve to be protected.

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We do have debt due to shareholders. It was roughly £1.5m loan from Bidco as of Dec agm.  Bidco is wholly owned by our largest shareholder. Would be surprised if it’s been repaid so quickly as Budge hinted that repayment would not be in the short term. 

There was also a loan fund set up of 1 million pounds from memory i cant remember if this was AB or the unnamed benefactors. I think the accounts said 900k of this had been used. I recall Ab talking of this .

I suppose strictly speaking its internal debt but never the less it has to be paid.

Ps perhaps it has been .

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Who was the young player who refused a wage? 

Not sure it was ever revealed but general belief is that it was Harry Stone, mainly because both his parents are Doctors?

Hagar the Horrible

I cant believe the rhetoric from this site, well I can.  Its a scummy red top with no actual facts being driven, pure speculation from snipits and the rest made up from reading this bleeding site.  They can print as it can never be corroborated, if they are wrong, well it was right at time of print, and if they are right, then its just a good guess, based on stating the bleeding obvious.  Until we know the facts and the individual circumstancies, then we are unfairly souring a relationship between players and fans, and even players with other players?  Dickamona was tarred as a bad-un until it turned out he just wanted home and was willing to come back after this mess was over?  Yes there will be some who are working a ticket, at that point dont let the door hit you on the way out!

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

If you know who the two are, just say?  They certainly don't deserve to be protected.

Nah he will wait until we all know and then tell us he knew ages ago. 

Such is the tedious lifestyle of the itk fraternity. 

8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

We are still talking to them. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nah he will wait until we all know and then tell us he knew ages ago. 

Such is the tedious lifestyle of the itk fraternity. 

Grow up. I have already told a couple of people that I trust not to blab it all over the Internet. 

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Uche and Olly Lee.

Olly Lee would make sense as Gillingham have said they would happily sign him on a permanent basis.

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Grow up. I have already told a couple of people that I trust not to blab it all over the Internet. 

But you are telling people on the internet you know who they are but you aren’t telling?

For what exact purpose of it’s not attention seeking?  The superior moral high ground of defending the characters of the players who haven’t refused to take a pay cut yet?  

Just now, Last Laff said:

But you are telling people on the internet you know who they are but you aren’t telling?

For what exact purpose of it’s not attention seeking?  The superior moral high ground of defending the characters of the players who haven’t refused to take a pay cut yet?  

Mainly to stop nasty vindictive comments from the likes of you about certain players. 

18 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I cant believe the rhetoric from this site, well I can.  Its a scummy red top with no actual facts being driven, pure speculation from snipits and the rest made up from reading this bleeding site.  They can print as it can never be corroborated, if they are wrong, well it was right at time of print, and if they are right, then its just a good guess, based on stating the bleeding obvious.  Until we know the facts and the individual circumstancies, then we are unfairly souring a relationship between players and fans, and even players with other players?  Dickamona was tarred as a bad-un until it turned out he just wanted home and was willing to come back after this mess was over?  Yes there will be some who are working a ticket, at that point dont let the door hit you on the way out!

Papers have though been forced to make it a 'victory for Ann Budge and Hearts'.

Won't last though especially as Reconstruction falls apart. 

11 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Uche and Olly Lee.

Uche and Washington. It's already been mentioned who they are on this thread.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Uche and Washington. It's already been mentioned who they are on this thread.

Was that confirmed then?