Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Your last paragraph is 💯 %

Our resident ITK poster was sarcastically remarking that the thread had gone quiet after the squad finally decided to do the right thing. Saying that nobody likes good news. 

I would say that good news would have been if all the chancers had their contracts suspended. 

We are still having to pay out fortunes for these guys with no match day income coming in. 

I don't include St's as these are really more of a donation at the moment. 

Good response to a great post. How do we get rid of these players? 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Your last paragraph is 💯 %

Our resident ITK poster was sarcastically remarking that the thread had gone quiet after the squad finally decided to do the right thing. Saying that nobody likes good news. 

I would say that good news would have been if all the chancers had their contracts suspended. 

We are still having to pay out fortunes for these guys with no match day income coming in. 

I don't include St's as these are really more of a donation at the moment. 

Amen to all that brother dug.

I’ve got to the stage that nothing would surprise or shock me these days coming out of Tynecastle. I’ve already realised that we’ll be in the championship bar a miracle happening. Ive been more or less numb since our ‘expensively assembled squad of internationals and home grown talent’ took 80 mins to register a shot at goal, in a must win fixture in Paisley. The writing has been on the wall for 18 months now. Sometimes not just the wall but certain bridges around Roseburn and the plaza too.  

So in essence, just looking forward to the day that we kiss goodbye to these long term expensive contracts, which were handed out like confetti, and get back down to the business end of things. In any industry, success should be rewarded with bonus payments. All full time clubs will have some sort of bonus scheme in operation whereby you can double your wages with a winning/goal scoring bonus. If we had applied the same logic into our wage structure then I reckon some of these charlatans would be paying us to pull the jersey on, such is there woeful contribution. How ironic that we class them as PROFESSIONAL footballers and ATHLETES! 

Sorry still hurt and angry! 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good response to a great post. How do we get rid of these players? 

A firing squad could take out half of them. It’s the least some of them deserve. They wouldn’t be missed imo

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

A firing squad could take out half of them. It’s the least some of them deserve. They wouldn’t be missed imo

Pre season trip to Wuhan? Too far 🙈.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pre season trip to Wuhan? Too far 🙈.

For players only  🤣🤣

I always try to use gallus humour in the worst of times. Even the time when my ex missus caught me out having some extra curricular activities with a former barmaid. It was before the days of mobile phones. One day she received the old dreaded  ‘ dear John’ letter through the post informing her of my not so secret trysts. 
She turned up at the building site where I was working, drove right into site like Juan Fangio and spinning  in front of the cement mixer. Jumped out with my 3 kids in tow and started screaming at me whilst waving a letter, from where I was stood on the scaffold. Talk about red face. I tried to lighten up the mood by saying, where’s your hard hat and boots? Boots, boots, I’ll use them to kick your feckin head in. So I jumped down and started to read the letter 😳. Talk about the book of revelations. So I did what any man would do in that situation....grabbed the letter, tore off through the building site like Linford Christie and bolted. Jumped the back fence like Sergie Bubka and I was off. 

Anyway the moral of that story is, I finally finish paying for my divorce in 2022 when my oldest daughter turns 18.  

Pity I can’t find any gallus humour in our current plight! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

For players only  🤣🤣

I always try to use gallus humour in the worst of times. Even the time when my ex missus caught me out having some extra curricular activities with a former barmaid. It was before the days of mobile phones. One day she received the old dreaded  ‘ dear John’ letter through the post informing her of my not so secret trysts. 
She turned up at the building site where I was working, drove right into site like Juan Fangio and spinning  in front of the cement mixer. Jumped out with my 3 kids in tow and started screaming at me whilst waving a letter, from where I was stood on the scaffold. Talk about red face. I tried to lighten up the mood by saying, where’s your hard hat and boots? Boots, boots, I’ll use them to kick your feckin head in. So I jumped down and started to read the letter 😳. Talk about the book of revelations. So I did what any man would do in that situation....grabbed the letter, tore off through the building site like Linford Christie and bolted. Jumped the back fence like Sergie Bubka and I was off. 

Anyway the moral of that story is, I finally finish paying for my divorce in 2022 when my oldest daughter turns 18.  

😱🙈.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

6-7 out of ten in a poor team at SPFL level which is underneath the top end of the championship. They have players in his position, a huge underperforming squad and the transfer market is unlikely to see much money change hands by all accounts. He’s no favourite, he’s played 9 games under O’Neil and 620 minutes in total , in 72 games covering 9 years as manager. 

Do you know O'Neil or are you just expressing your most humble opinion that you seem to put across as fact?

Do you agree MS is versatile?

Do Stoke have contracted players they want to get to get rid of or who would like to play elsewhere?  For example we have 3 first team keepers so would you advocate we don't sign a new keeper (if they were all under contract for next season)?

6 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

For players only  🤣🤣

Sly old fox 😂

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That wasn't what I asked.

Some managers have favourite players and having one in your team who is very versatile can be a huge benefit in games and when making team selections.  Whether you like Smith or not - and you don't - he rarely gives less than a 7 out of ten performance every game in any position.

For a team that’s bottom of the Scottish Premiership for what? Well over a year or certainly bottom form? Aye he’s likely to have interest in a club with ambition to get back to the English Premiership right enough :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

For a team that’s bottom of the Scottish Premiership for what? Well over a year or certainly bottom form? Aye he’s likely to have interest in a club with ambition to get back to the English Premiership right enough :lol: 

Ah, the Brains Trust enters the fray.

Are you suggesting every player who plays for a bottom of the league is dud?

ford donald
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If he wants to succeed at Stoke and get them back to the Premiership he won’t be coming for any Hearts players, and certainly not our NI ones. 

He did make a move for Washington at the last window.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He did make a move for Washington at the last window.

I’ve not seen a link reporting this but saw someone mention it on twitter, who knows if he did or will come back in for him with everything that’s happened. Not sure what they have up front, or how much use Washington would be to them. I don’t think we would be hard to deal with.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Do you know O'Neil or are you just expressing your most humble opinion that you seem to put across as fact?

Do you agree MS is versatile?

Do Stoke have contracted players they want to get to get rid of or who would like to play elsewhere?  For example we have 3 first team keepers so would you advocate we don't sign a new keeper (if they were all under contract for next season)?

What part of there being thousands of players being available and the transfer window being open until January, with little money being spent don’t you get?I haven’t once said it was a fact, just gave you all the reasons why it’s unlikely to happen but bang on with mr versatile 6 out of ten most weeks( he’s had some nightmare games against Sinclair) in a shite team in a backward league with a handful of caps at 32 getting a move to team with a £5.5 RB as third choice 😃😆😂🤣🙈.

Ps we don’t have three keepers. 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

For players only  🤣🤣

The kids must have laughed and laughed.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What part of there being thousands of players being available and the transfer window being open until January, with little money being spent don’t you get?I haven’t once said it was a fact, just gave you all the reasons why it’s unlikely to happen but bang on with mr versatile 6 out of ten most weeks( he’s had some nightmare games against Sinclair) in a shite team in a backward league with a handful of caps at 32 getting a move to team with a £5.5 RB as third choice 😃😆😂🤣🙈.

Ps we don’t have three keepers. 

Just keep banging on about RBs and 6 out of 10s - that suits your argument better than 7 out of 10.  As I said earlier he is a VERSATILE player (even if mainly a RB) and that gives a manager options both in selection and  during a game.

I also understand there are likely to be many players (thousands?) available at the end of the season and it's more likely than not that managers will see more value in someone who can cover several positions than someone who can only play in one position - because costs will will be a major factor when we resume.  That said, if more players had taken a reasonable wage cut, maybe that situation would be somewhat mitigated.  Unless things change, he'll not be playing against Sinclair down south.

I also agree we don't have 3 (permanent) 1st team keepers but even with 2 and young Stone coming up, the point I made is still valid.  We have 2 international keepers with extensive club experience so does that mean you wouldn't want a new keeper?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Just keep banging on about RBs and 6 out of 10s - that suits your argument better than 7 out of 10.  As I said earlier he is a VERSATILE player (even if mainly a RB) and that gives a manager options both in selection and  during a game.

I also understand there are likely to be many players (thousands?) available at the end of the season and it's more likely than not that managers will see more value in someone who can cover several positions than someone who can only play in one position - because costs will will be a major factor when we resume.  That said, if more players had taken a reasonable wage cut, maybe that situation would be somewhat mitigated.  Unless things change, he'll not be playing against Sinclair down south.

I also agree we don't have 3 (permanent) 1st team keepers but even with 2 and young Stone coming up, the point I made is still valid.  We have 2 international keepers with extensive club experience so does that mean you wouldn't want a new keeper?

Gary Neville said over a thousand league 1&2  players would be out of contract and looking for a job in July, as a club owner he’s in a position to know. Multiply that by a few countries and yes that equals thousands. 
He’s is versatile, and even at 7 out of ten every week in a poor team in a crap league doesn’t mean he’s up to playing in a league he’s never been good enough to play in at 32 years old with a transfer fee involved in this period of uncertainty.
As for our two International goalkeepers, following a long line of internationals who have been awful (Oshiniwa/Sammon/Watt/Alvonitis/Tzolis/Struna/Whelan/Hughes/Advidaj).

Yes we do need a new goalkeeper, but how do we afford another experienced player and how we do get rid of either or both?

Maybe ask Man Utd to pay all the wages of another dud?

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Gary Neville said over a thousand league 1&2  players would be out of contract and looking for a job in July, as a club owner he’s in a position to know. Multiply that by a few countries and yes that equals thousands. 

So Gary (at this moment in time) Neville is your go to man for words of wisdom.  If you're talking about other countries too then there are thousands available EVERY season, not just this one.
He’s is versatile, and even at 7 out of ten every week in a poor team in a crap league doesn’t mean he’s up to playing in a league he’s never been good enough to play in at 32 years old with a transfer fee involved in this period of uncertainty.

Hamilton are down beside us in this crap league.  Does that mean you wouldn't sign Lewis Smith from them, if the chance arose?
As for our two International goalkeepers, following a long line of internationals who have been awful (Oshiniwa/Sammon/Watt/Alvonitis/Tzolis/Struna/Whelan/Hughes/Advidaj).

I hadn't realised they were goalkeepers.  No wonder they were not very good playing outfield.

Yes we do need a new goalkeeper, but how do we afford another experienced player and how we do get rid of either or both?

We could start a crowdfunding appeal

Maybe ask Man Utd to pay all the wages of another dud?

Can you tell me who we should sign (within reason) that would not be a dud?

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I hadn't realised they were goalkeepers.  No wonder they were not very good playing outfield.

We could start a crowdfunding appeal

Can you tell me who we should sign (within reason) that would not be a dud?

He knows about football than you do anyway, not that it’s hard. It’s different as if you hadn’t noticed there a pandemic and for the last time nobody is signing anyone, they don't even know when the transfer window will open you ill informed idiot.Great answer though,  nothing then just another question 👍🏽👏🏾. No point in choosing a new GK if we can’t afford one is there, and don’t know what league we are in. As everyone else bar you realises there’s going to be hundreds of GKs out there if somehow we can get rid of any of the absolute duds your pal Levein signed. Most teams in the league seem to have decent goalies, no wonder we are bottom. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Another thread derailed, apologies.

You should start apologising for the rest as well.

I would imagine contract lengths will also be impacted due to the glut of players that are likely to be available this and next summer

Easy to see 2 year deals rather than 3 unless you are at the top end of the market (or of course 1 instead of 2)

At the top level of football salaries will be impacted but not by much however lower down players will find the gravy train has passed.

It will mean that players clubs are looking to move on may well stay where they are not playing but with a level of security re salary level...I would think we may have one or two like that in Doyle or White for example.

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I would imagine contract lengths will also be impacted due to the glut of players that are likely to be available this and next summer

Easy to see 2 year deals rather than 3 unless you are at the top end of the market (or of course 1 instead of 2)

At the top level of football salaries will be impacted but not by much however lower down players will find the gravy train has passed.

It will mean that players clubs are looking to move on may well stay where they are not playing but with a level of security re salary level...I would think we may have one or two like that in Doyle or White for example.

I could see shorter contracts than that.  A player currently on a decent salary who is finding it difficult to get fixed up on similar money may decide to sign for a "lower" club on a 6 month deal to keep up match fitness and stay in the shop window.

ginger jambo98

I see Motherwell have furloghed their players and the vast majority of backroom staff. No doubt Tam McManus will be all over this 🙄

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I know that but that’s where they want to be and starting next season with signings like Smith isn’t going to get the fans going or help that. They have three RBs under contract and nobody will be spending much money with thousands of players desperate for contracts. They’re not unlike ourselves with respect to a having big overpaid and underachieving squad. 

Exactly. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Redhelen said:

Exactly. 

Hows Barnsley dealing with this? Your gk is out of contract isn’t he 😜?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Hows Barnsley dealing with this? Your gk is out of contract isn’t he 😜?

We signed two, young Brad Collins on a 4 year I think and then Sami Radlinger for a year.i think DS wanted him to help Collins play his way, but unfortunately he got injured for a bit and things didnt quite work out as they should have. Radlinger s wife is a soap actress in Germany and they have a young family so I think he'll be staying there now as I cant see the season  starting again before end of June.

2 hours ago, Four faces said:

The kids must have laughed and laughed.

Not as much as her divorce lawyer did lol. Suppose it was a day out for the kids to see daddy at his work...getting roasted lol

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

We signed two, young Brad Collins on a 4 year I think and then Sami Radlinger for a year.i think DS wanted him to help Collins play his way, but unfortunately he got injured for a bit and things didnt quite work out as they should have. Radlinger s wife is a soap actress in Germany and they have a young family so I think he'll be staying there now as I cant see the season  starting again before end of June.

Good to know ta.

What’s being said about the leagues down there being played behind closed doors or finishing the season as is? 7 behind with 9 games to go is not insurmountable really. 

12 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

I see Motherwell have furloghed their players and the vast majority of backroom staff. No doubt Tam McManus will be all over this 🙄

Tam McManus spends his time gibbering and slavering over anything to do with Hearts.  He probably doesn't know who, or where Motherwell are.

giphy.gif

source.gif

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good to know ta.

What’s being said about the leagues down there being played behind closed doors or finishing the season as is? 7 behind with 9 games to go is not insurmountable really. 

Never say never, but I think null and void is our best bet of stopping up in all honesty.  It's the anniversary of our promotion today, feeling sad that our board let it all slip away in the summer, when we should have strengthened to have had a good shot at staying up. 

Edited by Redhelen

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Never say never, but I think null and void is our best bet of stopping up in all honesty.  It's the anniversary of our promotion today, feeling sad that our board let it all slip away in the summer, when we should have strengthened to have had a good shot at staying up. 

Seems like a missed opportunity.

I take it having no relegation and bringing more clubs up doesn't really make much sense, even for a season or two?

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Tam McManus spends his time gibbering and slavering over anything to do with Hearts.  He probably doesn't know who, or where Motherwell are.

giphy.gif

source.gif

Give him more credit then that. 

If a team other than Hearts then its "the right decision, it's a tough thing to do but necessary in these unprecedented times."

If Hearts do it, "a disgrace of the club, how will players' goldfish cope thanks to the cruel actions Hearts have taken. They should be ashamed of themselves. Boo!!!!!"

Batistuta87

The summer transfer window will be hugely interesting if the number of players they say are going to be looking for new clubs is even half realistic. I'm expecting loads of rumours, loads of excitement, but ultimately a lot of disappointment from what will probably be a lot of missed chances and missed targets. Probably going to be a lot of competition for signatures.  

Canny wait! The JKB thread on the summer window will be a record-breaker 😆

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

We'll sign Stephen Dobbie to help get the goals. And Wighton will fire us back to the top league with assists.

The next Steven MacLean

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You should start apologising for the rest as well.

You derailed it. Not sure why Pasquale is apologising 

1 minute ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

You derailed it. Not sure why Pasquale is apologising 

You're derailing it now.

A totally unnecessary/irrelevant post which is not on topic but well trolled - as per usual!

East Lothian Jambo
55 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

The summer transfer window will be hugely interesting if the number of players they say are going to be looking for new clubs is even half realistic. I'm expecting loads of rumours, loads of excitement, but ultimately a lot of disappointment from what will probably be a lot of missed chances and missed targets. Probably going to be a lot of competition for signatures.  

Canny wait! The JKB thread on the summer window will be a record-breaker 😆

The summer transfer window will probably take place at the end of the year 

I very much agree with sentiments expressed by Gary Mackay in EEN when he said we are entering into a period where power won't lie with players. That may still apply at the very top end of the game but in Scotland there will be a raft of players who'll be lost to the game 

If we can keep the lights on throughout this period, and I sincerely believe we will, then we'll be well placed to select Scottish players moving forward 

We will of course have to right the wrongs of the last 3 years first 

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're derailing it now.

A totally unnecessary/irrelevant post which is not on topic but well trolled - as per usual!

Just an observation having read the thread. Asking people ridiculous questions 

Bash on though 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Seems like a missed opportunity.

I take it having no relegation and bringing more clubs up doesn't really make much sense, even for a season or two?

It's one option being touted around. 1st and second promoted but no relegations. Means 3rd to 6th lose out on a possible promotion spot though. 

22 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I very much agree with sentiments expressed by Gary Mackay in EEN when he said we are entering into a period where power won't lie with players. That may still apply at the very top end of the game but in Scotland there will be a raft of players who'll be lost to the game 

If we can keep the lights on throughout this period, and I sincerely believe we will, then we'll be well placed to select Scottish players moving forward 

Absolutely.

There’s potentially going to be a lot of players out of work looking for a club...assuming that a good few clubs go to the wall unfortunately.
Those clubs living outwith their means could well fold if things carry on the way they are. Those players will have to totally rethink their value to prospective employers.

The gravy train could be over.

East Lothian Jambo
8 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Absolutely.

There’s potentially going to be a lot of players out of work looking for a club...assuming that a good few clubs go to the wall unfortunately.
Those clubs living outwith their means could well fold if things carry on the way they are. Those players will have to totally rethink their value to prospective employers.

The gravy train could be over.

I think the gravy train is over. Hearts in particular have been done up like a kipper with players and agents. Look at Uche as @Saughton Jambo advised re £3.5k pw.  Hamilton and St Mirren will have guys on under a grand a week and have outperformed us for almost 18 months 

Player wages in Scotland will decline significantly in the aftermath of this. We need to be in a position to capitalise on the advantages we hold over majority of clubs

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

40 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Wouldnt it be nice if clubs developed more youngsters as a result of this crisis and had the balls to play them instead of journeyman lower league english players. That of course would require investment in coaching etc and it's unlikely our dinosaurs running the game would want to spend money on that and, god forbid, help the national team get stronger in years to come!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

It's one option being touted around. 1st and second promoted but no relegations. Means 3rd to 6th lose out on a possible promotion spot though. 

50 league games, would certainly help the finances.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

50 league games, would certainly help the finances.

True as long as there is time to play them all. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

True as long as there is time to play them all. 

Even more midweek games it would seem, I’ve been saying that leagues might well need to play through the Euros.

2 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Just an observation having read the thread. Asking people ridiculous questions 

Bash on though 

You're continuing to derail it with your characteristic, inane observations. 

Which questions were ridiculous?

JamboJohn80

Can’t believe there’s people discussing potential signings, don’t they realise we are effin skint. If the board don’t back the club against the SPFL then the fans won’t be buying there season books. I fear for the jambos future over the coming months, not sure if we can survive the financial implications of this epidemic 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, JamboJohn80 said:

Can’t believe there’s people discussing potential signings, don’t they realise we are effin skint. If the board don’t back the club against the SPFL then the fans won’t be buying there season books. I fear for the jambos future over the coming months, not sure if we can survive the financial implications of this epidemic 

Can't believe vermin waste their time creating accounts and then post such drivel as this. Sod off back to Fester Road.

JamboJohn80
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Can't believe vermin waste their time creating accounts and then post such drivel as this. Sod off back to Fester Road.

Been a long time supporter of the jambos home and away. To call a fellow jambo a ‘vermin’ for expressing his opinions says it all about u