Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That's not quite true. He's played at International level and SPFL level which is better than League 1.

It entirely depends if the English leagues come back or not. We'd get a couple of hundred grand for these guys. Which is better than nothing. His old International manager would happily have him. 

Stoke have two RBs, 28&21 years old and also the huddy they paid £5.5m for Bauer who was at Celtic. I have my doubts if a 32 yo RB who really won’t improve a team chasing promotion to the Premiership would be required. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

On 28/04/2020 at 14:25, Cruyff said:

I'm not sure you'll be siding with Mr. Smith much longer. 

Are you back on side with Mr Smith now that the truth is out there? Haven’t seen your post, apologies if I missed it. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Yoda said:

Moneyspunker's contract expires in May.  I wonder if Ann will try and keep him employed by the club in some capacity.

I wonder how he got on with his review of the Medical Dept?

It wouldn’t surprise me if she did offer him another role at the club, it would really show how out of touch she is with the support. The whole clubs needs a new vision on how to get ourselves out of this mess, especially if most of these wage thieves are still here.

I'm still at a loss as to how the club is going to afford these player wages. Even at the reduced rates.

Zero income. 

This isn't going away quickly. 

heartsfc_fan
Just now, Sarah O said:

I'm still at a loss as to how the club is going to afford these player wages. Even at the reduced rates.

Zero income. 

This isn't going away quickly. 

A combination of cash in the bank, FOH monthly payments, dribble of remaining sponsorship money, any prize money remaining and whatever season ticket sales I guess.

9 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

A combination of cash in the bank, FOH monthly payments, dribble of remaining sponsorship money, any prize money remaining and whatever season ticket sales I guess.

Benefactors, owners cash, plus ultimately a level of debt I’d think if it’s needed. All depends on how long football is suspended. 

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Are you back on side with Mr Smith now that the truth is out there? Haven’t seen your post, apologies if I missed it. 

Not really. I thought he would have taken a wage cut sooner tbh. 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Benefactors, owners cash, plus ultimately a level of debt I’d think if it’s needed. All depends on how long football is suspended. 

Yep.

We've got a big wage bill but in a more fortunate position compared to some other clubs with that in our disposal.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Stoke have two RBs, 28&21 years old and also the huddy they paid £5.5m for Bauer who was at Celtic. I have my doubts if a 32 yo RB who really won’t improve a team chasing promotion to the Premiership would be required. 

Sometimes you need a few solid squad players. I'm sure Michael O'Neill rates him. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not mentioning the slagging you and others gave him for not going for a run for four weeks due to illness? 
How do you know when he accepted pay cut? 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not mentioning the slagging you and others gave him for not going for a run for four weeks due to illness? 
How do you know when he accepted pay cut? 

😴 😴 Because i do. End of discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

😴 😴 Because i do. End of discussion. 

So do I   
Not surprisingly it’s different to what you have said. I had also heard he wasn’t 100%. Seems he was far from 100% hence my comments re spending time with wife and kids. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

So do I   
Not surprisingly it’s different to what you have said. I had also heard he wasn’t 100%. Seems he was far from 100% hence my comments re spending time with wife and kids. 

Believe what you want. 

55 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If I'm not mistaken MS has featured for us at RB, LB, RWB, CD and MF.  O'Neil will have seen that with his own eyes and will know the value of a versatile player

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Sometimes you need a few solid squad players. I'm sure Michael O'Neill rates him. 

I’m sure he does but they have a huge squad and are looking at going up to the land of milk or honey, he’s really not up to it. I would be surprised if any NI players go there for exactly that reason. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, JamboAl said:

If I'm not mistaken MS has featured for us at RB, LB, RWB, CD and MF.  O'Neil will have seen that with his own eyes and will know the value of a versatile player

Yes indeed he has but he simply isn’t good enough to play in a championship team aiming for the EPL, he’s also 32 soon,suffers from cramp whilst a being bit injury prone in general. They have two RBs who meant a £5.5m RB went on loan to Celtic. Their big squad include CHs Shawcross/Lindsay/Chester and Martins Indi.Allan and Clucas in midfield, two decent left backs. Good solid player for Hearts in a poor team. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes indeed he has but he simply isn’t good enough to play in a championship team aiming for the EPL, he’s also 32 soon,suffers from cramp whilst a being bit injury prone in general. They have two RBs who meant a £5.5m RB went on loan to Celtic. Their big squad include CHs Shawcross/Lindsay/Chester and Martins Indi.Allan and Clucas in midfield, two decent left backs. Good solid player for Hearts in a poor team. 

And they're all contracted for next season?

Saint Jambo
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Michael Smith is a bit injury prone in general? 33 games this season, 34 last season, 34 season before that. In England he'd played 40+ games a season for the 5 years before coming to Hearts. When did he become injury prone in general?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Michael Smith is a bit injury prone in general? 33 games this season, 34 last season, 34 season before that. In England he'd played 40+ games a season for the 5 years before coming to Hearts. When did he become injury prone in general?

109 games out of nearly 140 since he came, 23 out of 30 league games this season. He misses around 25% of our games, he regularly suffers from cramp according to Berra.

I would say that’s a bit injury prone wouldn’t you? 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And they're all contracted for next season?

Yeah if you had bothered to read the thread I detailed it yesterday and today. A 21&28yo contacted until 2021&2022. Bauer has been sent back as Celtic don’t want him, contracted until 2023. Chester is the only one out of contract. They’re not going to buy him to play at CH or midfield ffs 😃🙈.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Perhaps you could explain more about your clearly nonsense post

The cut applies to the wages to be paid end of this month...so even if he had said 2/3 weeks ago it would apply from the same date in terms of him receiving payment. there was no 'wage cut sooner' option and he does not receive any more than if he had announced/agreed a cut earlier.

The brains trust clearly does not apply to you

PS the only person who announced he would accept a cut virtually straight away was Naismith and his cut also applies from this month's salary

Edited by CJGJ

Saint Jambo
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

109 games out of nearly 140 since he came, 23 out of 30 league games this season. He misses around 25% of our games, he regularly suffers from cramp according to Berra.

I would say that’s a bit injury prone wouldn’t you? 

109 in 136 games, so he has played just over 4 in every 5 games across 3 seasons. Some of the games he has missed will have been suspensions. A few in his first season he was an unused sub. In his 3 seasons at Hearts he played 3rd, 4th and 2nd most games in the squad in respective  seasons. If you are saying he is injury prone based on number of games missed, then every player in the squad must be classed as injury prone. In the time he has been at Hearts, no players has played more games for the club than him. No I wouldn't say he is injury prone.

I don't see us getting a significant fee for him all the same, I just think you're over reaching on his injury record to make a point.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Credit where credits due to both AB & the players for agreeing to a sensible conclusion to this stand off. I'm sure opinions will still run high over these issues, but this is the best outcome for the future, wherever that may lie,  for the footballing side of the business.

If they looked as if they didn't give a shit most of the time on 100% money, HTF will they be on 70.

That's a statement not a question.

East Lothian Jambo
6 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Certainly is. Don’t ask me how I know. He was offered an extended contract remember by the man who shall remain nameless. In fact that man shall, from this day forth, be called the moneyspunker 

Please tell me this is a wind up? £175,000 a year, or £700,000 on a 4 year deal for Uche....

Damour and quite a few others will be on significantly more no doubt

19 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Perhaps you could explain more about your clearly nonsense post

The cut applies to the wages to be paid end of this month...so even if he had said 2/3 weeks ago it would apply from the same date in terms of him receiving payment. there was no 'wage cut sooner' option and he does not receive any more than if he had announced/agreed a cut earlier.

The brains trust clearly does not apply to you

PS the only person who announced he would accept a cut virtually straight away was Naismith and his cut also applies from this month's salary

I don't have to explain anything to you. If you want to trade insults, bang me a pm. 👍 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

109 in 136 games, so he has played just over 4 in every 5 games across 3 seasons. Some of the games he has missed will have been suspensions. A few in his first season he was an unused sub. In his 3 seasons at Hearts he played 3rd, 4th and 2nd most games in the squad in respective  seasons. If you are saying he is injury prone based on number of games missed, then every player in the squad must be classed as injury prone. In the time he has been at Hearts, no players has played more games for the club than him. No I wouldn't say he is injury prone.

I don't see us getting a significant fee for him all the same, I just think you're over reaching on his injury record to make a point.

I used the term a bit injury prone, a bit. He suffers from cramp in every game,  which unless he has an illness is down to poor fitness or unhealthy lifestyle. Just pointing that out, but playing more games or looking better than squads assembled by Levein is not that impressive. To his credit he has played through or with injuries quite a lot, or had to go off because of them when he gets them during games. Good stats though 👍🏽.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Please tell me this is a wind up? £175,000 a year, or £700,000 on a 4 year deal for Uche....

Quite scary when you put it like that, and can sit in the stand and get it due to our alleged progressive style of pay.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah if you had bothered to read the thread I detailed it yesterday and today. A 21&28yo contacted until 2021&2022. Bauer has been sent back as Celtic don’t want him, contracted until 2023. Chester is the only one out of contract. They’re not going to buy him to play at CH or midfield ffs 😃🙈.

Are you a close friend of O'Neil?  You seem to be well acquainted with his future plans.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I used the term a bit injury prone, a bit. He suffers from cramp in every game,  which unless he has an illness is down to poor fitness or unhealthy lifestyle. Just pointing that out, but playing more games or looking better than squads assembled by Levein is not that impressive. To his credit he has played through or with injuries quite a lot, or had to go off because of them when he gets them during games. Good stats though 👍🏽.

Stop it . Admit you were wrong and move on . 

Your comment about Smith being injury prone was shown to be shit and yet you continue with it .

Are you Doncaster in disguise ?

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Stop it . Admit you were wrong and move on . 

Your comment about Smith being injury prone was shown to be shit and yet you continue with it .

Are you Doncaster in disguise ?

Yeah he misses games, he gets cramp every game, he goes off in games (21 times in 109 games almost 20%), definitely talking shite. Do you understand what “a bit” means. Don’t ever tell me what to do. 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Are you a close friend of O'Neil?  You seem to be well acquainted with his future plans.

If he wants to succeed at Stoke and get them back to the Premiership he won’t be coming for any Hearts players, and certainly not our NI ones. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m sure he does but they have a huge squad and are looking at going up to the land of milk or honey, he’s really not up to it. I would be surprised if any NI players go there for exactly that reason. 

Stoke are nowhere near going back up to the land of milk and honey, they've been battling relegation for most of this! Plus they are spending ridiculous amounts of money on players who arent even playing. I'd be surprised if he took Smith, on a free at a push.

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If he wants to succeed at Stoke and get them back to the Premiership he won’t be coming for any Hearts players, and certainly not our NI ones. 

That wasn't what I asked.

Some managers have favourite players and having one in your team who is very versatile can be a huge benefit in games and when making team selections.  Whether you like Smith or not - and you don't - he rarely gives less than a 7 out of ten performance every game in any position.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

Stoke are nowhere near going back up to the land of milk and honey, they've been battling relegation for most of this! Plus they are spending ridiculous amounts of money on players who arent even playing. I'd be surprised if he took Smith, on a free at a push.

Yes I know that but that’s where they want to be and starting next season with signings like Smith isn’t going to get the fans going or help that. They have three RBs under contract and nobody will be spending much money with thousands of players desperate for contracts. They’re not unlike ourselves with respect to a having big overpaid and underachieving squad. 

Kidd’s Boots
8 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

If they looked as if they didn't give a shit most of the time on 100% money, HTF will they be on 70.

That's a statement not a question.

If mind's can change regarding money, I wonder what else can change.

That's a train of thought, not a statement. 

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The only Hearts player Stoke are looking at is Hickey. They are also keen on Shankland and some other Dundee Utd player, a winger. 

Edit: Louis Appere

And Lyndon Dykes, apparently 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That wasn't what I asked.

Some managers have favourite players and having one in your team who is very versatile can be a huge benefit in games and when making team selections.  Whether you like Smith or not - and you don't - he rarely gives less than a 7 out of ten performance every game in any position.

6-7 out of ten in a poor team at SPFL level which is underneath the top end of the championship. They have players in his position, a huge underperforming squad and the transfer market is unlikely to see much money change hands by all accounts. He’s no favourite, he’s played 9 games under O’Neil and 620 minutes in total , in 72 games covering 9 years as manager. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The only Hearts player Stoke are looking at is Hickey. They are also keen on Shankland and some other Dundee Utd player, a winger. 

Quite possibly as someone with a big future at 17, again though it depends on what money they have available and Hickey won’t help them immediately become better. They also have a highly regarded youth system themselves. It sounds like he wants to make space for them.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-michael-oneill-academy-4090178

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite possibly as someone with a big future at 17, again though it depends on what money they have available and Hickey won’t help them immediately become better. They also have a highly regarded youth system themselves. It sounds like he wants to make space for them.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-michael-oneill-academy-4090178

Yes.

The only thing that puts Hearts (and Scottish) players higher on Stokes radar is the fact O’Neill lives in Edinburgh and is here now, although he can hardly nip round to Smiths house for a chat. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he misses games, he gets cramp every game, he goes off in games (21 times in 109 games almost 20%), definitely talking shite. Do you understand what “a bit” means. Don’t ever tell me what to do. 

I do apologise ,  please carry on with your nonsense 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I do apologise ,  please carry on with your nonsense 

Why thank you. Eligible for 133 games, misses 24 due to injury, goes off injured in 21 of his 109, plays through injury in even more games. So affected by injury in over a 3rd of the games that’s been played in his time at the club and he’s not a bit injury prone 🤔🙈🤪🙄?!?!

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes.

The only thing that puts Hearts (and Scottish) players higher on Stokes radar is the fact O’Neill lives in Edinburgh and is here now, although he can hardly nip round to Smiths house for a chat. 

I’m pretty sure he didn’t drive to Stoke every day, he will have had a house or a flat down there. Does that mean that Hibs players are on his radar too? Do managers only sign players from where they live? In 2020? If he’s after anyone bar Hickey from us then he won’t be in the job long.

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m pretty sure he didn’t drive to Stoke every day, he will have had a house or a flat down there. Does that mean that Hibs players are on his radar too? Do managers only sign players from where they live? In 2020? If he’s after anyone bar Hickey from us then he won’t be in the job long.

I was only kidding - although I saw him in B&Q at Herniston Gait just before lockdown. Garden plants, in case you’re wondering. 

His radar extends way beyond Edinburgh but I think, like most English lower league managers, he sees Scottish football as cheap labour. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I was only kidding - although I saw him in B&Q at Herniston Gait just before lockdown. Garden plants, in case you’re wondering. 

His radar extends way beyond Edinburgh but I think, like most English lower league managers, he sees Scottish football as cheap labour. 

Definitely. He lives in morningside, great manager it seems and has waited for his chance. He was underrated player as well tbh 🤫😜.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah the Scottish market is very undervalued, Swansea City for a while went for young Scottish talent, though very few came through.

10 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I wish I could say it’s a wind up but sadly not. Probably got his improved terms when it was rumoured popcorn teeth was sniffing around him and wanting to take him to the tattiedome.

I’d have thought the moneyspunker was a better gambler than is rumoured. Any he chucked his hand in early and gave uche, he who cannot trap a bag of cement, £3.5k per week. 

Sadly we are paying for all these costly mistakes now. Makes me puke to think my monthly DD for the FOH is getting spunked on these charlatans and non triers. 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

10 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I wish I could say it’s a wind up but sadly not. Probably got his improved terms when it was rumoured popcorn teeth was sniffing around him and wanting to take him to the tattiedome.

I’d have thought the moneyspunker was a better gambler than is rumoured. Any he chucked his hand in early and gave uche, he who cannot trap a bag of cement, £3.5k per week. 

Sadly we are paying for all these costly mistakes now. Makes me puke to think my monthly DD for the FOH is getting spunked on these charlatans and non triers. 

Your last paragraph is 💯 %

Our resident ITK poster was sarcastically remarking that the thread had gone quiet after the squad finally decided to do the right thing. Saying that nobody likes good news. 

I would say that good news would have been if all the chancers had their contracts suspended. 

We are still having to pay out fortunes for these guys with no match day income coming in. 

I don't include St's as these are really more of a donation at the moment.