Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Batistuta87
30 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I have a cult heroish liking for Donis and used to go to every game hoping it would be the week he came good, maybe he would have done, maybe he will, but at present the ledger says atrocious!!

As for Langer, he's a 23 year old who other than a couple of piss poor games for Hearts has played zero first team football in his career.  A signing to be classed in the Mo Berthe category!!

I think DS has been slightly guilty of under-estimating Scottish football judging by these two. I'm the same as you with Donis - I think there's a player in there and would be tempted to give him another chance next season.

Langer I'm slightly less convinced about tbh. Looked slow, got caught in possession a lot, and just didn't seem to react very quickly. Could be a fitness thing but just not convinced. 

Would still like Stendel to stay on though. I'm not going to judge him based on a team he's inherited from Levein, nor will I do so on a single shambolic and confused January transfer window where he didn't know if he was coming or going when it came to recruitment and where we still had those two huddies getting involved. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nah he will wait until we all know and then tell us he knew ages ago. 

Such is the tedious lifestyle of the itk fraternity. 

The whole I know something but I am not telling.

:wow:

It does become tedious. If you know something and want to share it, then go ahead. If you do not want to share it, why even bring it up? Just keep it to yourself. 

The one decent thing about all this is that we won’t have to listen to the ITK sh!te all summer. All those deals that are 85% happening etc. 

Well, it's heartening to see that during a time when we have no football and no transfer window, people are still able to get angry at the ITKers.  😂

Had genuinely forgotten about Langer. Was scratching my head when I read the name Marcel up the thread. Only when I seen his full name did I click.

Aye, shite.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Had genuinely forgotten about Langer. Was scratching my head when I read the name Marcel up the thread. Only when I seen his full name did I click.

Aye, shite.

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Listen, if he’d done that ******* some real damage, I’d love him like I do Ally Mauchlen.

Alas, it was a lazy, cowardly challenge in line with what he produced with a football during his brief spell with us.

Edited by Whatever

frank the tank
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That tackle got him suspended for 2 games at a time we were short of players and he was meant to be building his match fitness.

Stupid decision and any player should know better

part_time_jambo
23 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you expect him to spend his one hour per day out of the house training for something that isn’t happening for months or spend the time with his wife and kids. Seems like he has had his priorities right. 

Either you or I is being thick. Is he not spending the other 23 hours in the house with his wife and kids? 

3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Either you or I is being thick. Is he not spending the other 23 hours in the house with his wife and kids? 

Yes but 1 hour outside for exercise with kids etc or outside running in his own? 

jamboinglasgow

Just to compare with others team in British football, I see League two side, Colchester released four first team players of which three of them played every game so far this season (between them they have played 129 games this season.) The players contracts were due up in the summer. Colchester are in currently in the play-offs with the season suspended. They have also informed 12 U23 players that their contracts are not going to be renewed. 

So thats 16 players who will be without a club in the summer from one club. Shows the scale of what could hit quite a bit of players (and those are just out of contract players.) Also seeing a club in a play-off player losing 3/11 of its regular team before the season is over shows the farce of keeping the league season going.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Zico said:

A spot on post from Bob Loblaw’s law blog. 

Indeed, another law bomb

3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Jeez relax Walter. 

This is not 'nam, this is bowling, there are rules

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Put up or shut up?????

He's defending players being hung drawn and quartered on here on the strength of guesswork and prejudice.

Why, given your tone and the general behaviour on here would he give you names of those still in discussion. Grow up.

@Notts1874

iignore them, man. You were quite right to defend Jamie.

Bigo. You misunderstand. I am getting at him for claiming to know who is refusing a cut. But won't name them, SO why even say anything? Trying to make out he knows more than anyone else?

Why come on saying he knows if he won't say? Totally pointless other than trying to make himself out to be a big wheel.

IF he has info ( which I doubt  ) then say nothing or spit it out. As someone else said he will wait until it's common knowledge and then try to say he knew all along, well big deal man.

56 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes but 1 hour outside for exercise with kids etc or outside running in his own? 

I'm not sure you'll be siding with Mr. Smith much longer. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Listen, if he’d done that ******* some real damage, I’d love him like I do Ally Mauchlen.

Alas, it was a lazy, cowardly challenge in line with what he produced with a football during his brief spell with us.

Brown being the usual arsehole made that look like it was bad. He jumped over him and never got touched, jumped up all well and good as soon as the card came out. Total despicable of a player that you could boot forever and still want more.

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Arguably Liam Boyce has also been poor, looked decent in his first two games and well off the pace thereafter.

Probably best add the standard 'January is a difficult' market cliche.

Agree re:Boyce, really excited about him in first couple and since then he's not been up to much. Looks like he's possibly been playing with an injury though, as per article below. One player I'm desperate to keep at Hearts, relegation or not.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/liam-boyce-playing-through-injury-pain-help-hearts-relegation-fight-2448127

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Marcel has had less than 120 mins of football having moved to a completely new country. Avdvijaj has played less than 120 mins. You can think they played poorly in their combined 6 appearances but you cant write them off so quickly. Its something that annoys me at how quick fans are to write off new signings and youngsters.

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I get your point, but they have been atrocious signings in the context of us being bang in the middle of a relegation fight and needing players who could hit the ground running!!!

Agree with both of you. 

In terms of first team players I'd be sad to see go, its maybe just Boyce and Naismith. Hickey, Irving, Cochrane, McDonald are all very much still kids, so reluctant to count them in with the first team players (in a senior sense). I think Souttar has proven himself too injury prone, its every bloody season so you can't depend on him at all. Halkett was poor regardless of who he was playing alongside, Haring whilst quality hasn't played in 12 months, Damour is everything wrong with Leveins recruitment policy.. there really isn't a hero amongst them. 

This salary debacle has only acted to highlight how disconnected the players are not just from the fans, but reality as well. People all across society are making huge sacrifices and the fans still stepped up with FOH pledges increasing and yet the players (outside of Naisy, Clev & the anonymous youngster) refused to step up. Make absolutely no mistake, they've only taken the cut because Budge backed them into a corner. These losers were utterly unprepared to make any sort of sacrifice of their own volition. 

I won't be welcoming any of them back when football does eventually resume. Hopefully Stendel can have his own Budgement day and we can see the backs of these shysters as quickly as possible. When you contrast their behaviour to that of Jamie MacDonald, Ryan Stevenson, Jamie Hamill, its utterly pathetic.

TLDR: The players are a bunch of unprincipled losers who I can't wait to see the back of. 

Pants Shaton
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

In terms of first team players I'd be sad to see go, its maybe just Boyce and Naismith. Hickey, Irving, Cochrane, McDonald are all very much still kids, so reluctant to count them in with the first team players (in a senior sense). I think Souttar has proven himself too injury prone, its every bloody season so you can't depend on him at all. Halkett was poor regardless of who he was playing alongside, Haring whilst quality hasn't played in 12 months, Damour is everything wrong with Leveins recruitment policy.. there really isn't a hero amongst them. 

This salary debacle has only acted to highlight how disconnected the players are not just from the fans, but reality as well. People all across society are making huge sacrifices and the fans still stepped up with FOH pledges increasing and yet the players (outside of Naisy, Clev & the anonymous youngster) refused to step up. Make absolutely no mistake, they've only taken the cut because Budge backed them into a corner. These losers were utterly unprepared to make any sort of sacrifice of their own volition. 

I won't be welcoming any of them back when football does eventually resume. Hopefully Stendel can have his own Budgement day and we can see the backs of these shysters as quickly as possible. When you contrast their behaviour to that of Jamie MacDonald, Ryan Stevenson, Jamie Hamill, its utterly pathetic.

TLDR: The players are a bunch of unprincipled losers who I can't wait to see the back of. 

Totally agree.

At a time where people in almost every line of work are losing jobs or taking pay cuts - these spineless *******s finally found their fight when it came to protecting their inflated, undeserved salaries.  

Couldn't care less if I don't see another one of them ever again in maroon*. 

*maybe Naismith 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I'm not sure you'll be siding with Mr. Smith much longer. 

Wouldn’t say I was siding with him. Just giving alternatives to the nasty stuff that people posted on here about him with absolutely no knowledge of what he had been doing, whether he was recovering from or resting an injury  etc. 
A few on here just need a sniff and they are castigating players, managers, fans, other posters etc. with absolutely no knowledge or justification. Completely out of order and very divisive. Unfortunately that’s the name of the game for some on here. 
The Jamie Walker episode last night reinforces my point. One of the first to accept pay cut yet pilloried on here just because of something his sister put on Twitter. Jamie is late 20’s, not sure his sister looks after him any more. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wouldn’t say I was siding with him. Just giving alternatives to the nasty stuff that people posted on here about him with absolutely no knowledge of what he had been doing, whether he was recovering from or resting an injury  etc. 
A few on here just need a sniff and they are castigating players, managers, fans, other posters etc. with absolutely no knowledge or justification. Completely out of order and very divisive. Unfortunately that’s the name of the game for some on here. 
The Jamie Walker episode last night reinforces my point. One of the first to accept pay cut yet pilloried on here just because of something his sister put on Twitter. Jamie is late 20’s, not sure his sister looks after him any more. 

It's actually nome out business who has taken what cut or who hasn't agreed one at all yet. 

33 minutes ago, Homme said:

It's actually nome out business who has taken what cut or who hasn't agreed one at all yet. 

👍

4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think DS has been slightly guilty of under-estimating Scottish football judging by these two. I'm the same as you with Donis - I think there's a player in there and would be tempted to give him another chance next season.

Langer I'm slightly less convinced about tbh. Looked slow, got caught in possession a lot, and just didn't seem to react very quickly. Could be a fitness thing but just not convinced. 

Would still like Stendel to stay on though. I'm not going to judge him based on a team he's inherited from Levein, nor will I do so on a single shambolic and confused January transfer window where he didn't know if he was coming or going when it came to recruitment and where we still had those two huddies getting involved. 

Agree with you about Stendel. Deserves a bit longer but when we resume has to hit the ground running or it's time to say goodbye. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hopefully not Stendel after his January exploits 

Advijaj 🥴

Marcel 🙈

HONKING.

Ffs they played hardly any football for us. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

All fair. 

I think he maybe underestimated Scottish football a bit as well and, maybe should have played the cards he was dealt rather than impose a style of play over night with players that weren't his.

We were in general playing better I think and more threatening. 

Our gk never helped the results either. 

A bit more luck, less individual errors might have seen us a few points better off. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fair. 

I think he maybe underestimated Scottish football a bit as well and, maybe should have played the cards he was dealt rather than impose a style of play over night with players that weren't his.

A bit more luck, less individual errors might have seen us a few points better off. 

Also maybe underestimated the dire situation. We don't need a "style of play" for a relegation battle. We just need to do whatever it takes to get points. Good football - especially pressing football against other teams at the bottom sitting in - can come later when we're safe.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Should make for some interesting moves in the window.

We should have no problem building a 2014/15 type team for the Championship if that's where we are. I do wonder if Stendel would be the best man for that though. It really needs someone with Scottish football know-how to pick out the diamonds who can flourish in that league.

husref musemic
3 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Totally agree.

At a time where people in almost every line of work are losing jobs or taking pay cuts - these spineless *******s finally found their fight when it came to protecting their inflated, undeserved salaries.  

Couldn't care less if I don't see another one of them ever again in maroon*. 

*maybe Naismith 

not football but illustrates the stress companies are under. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52462660

2 hours ago, Homme said:

I don't agree. 

The club needs the fans to help out financially. 

We should have transparency on this matter. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Deserves a chance to get that ******* properly, must’ve hurt him because he reacted 😃😆.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The kind of tackle Brown makes 5 times a game, and gets a wee cuddle from the ref for his trouble.

49 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We should have no problem building a 2014/15 type team for the Championship if that's where we are. I do wonder if Stendel would be the best man for that though. It really needs someone with Scottish football know-how to pick out the diamonds who can flourish in that league.

He gets it need someone who knows Scottish game.

Jig dreaming again as we won't see any of Stendels three failure loan signings again, not all their own fault but too much a risk in first place when other options looked to be out there.

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I don't agree. 

The club needs the fans to help out financially. 

We should have transparency on this matter. 

Completely disagree. 

The club have asked nothing of us other than the usual season ticket sales which have been discounted this year AFAIK. 

What FOH do with pledges money is still their choice at present and FOH don't account for all Hearts fans either. 

Players personal situations should be no business at all to anyone else. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The kind of tackle Brown makes 5 times a game, and gets a wee cuddle from the ref for his trouble.

Collum as well 🙄 Robbie called it right about practising with 10 men when he's got your next game. 

Btw, its a red, I'm not arguing that. Its the blatant double standard. If you could find a way to blind test Collum so he can't see if its Brown or not I guarantee he'd send him off 10/10. He's a card happy ref at the best of times, so his sudden restraint when Browns trying to end careers is very obvious. 

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

Completely disagree. 

The club have asked nothing of us other than the usual season ticket sales which have been discounted this year AFAIK. 

What FOH do with pledges money is still their choice at present and FOH don't account for all Hearts fans either. 

We'll have to agree to disagree. 

I'll just assume they are ALL a bunch of greedy useless ****ers who have no conscious about the mess they have created for us. 

7 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hopefully not Stendel after his January exploits 

Advijaj 🥴

Marcel 🙈

HONKING.

Who would you have/want in his place? 

39 minutes ago, Homme said:

Completely disagree. 

You must know much of what you say is misleading. 

There is zero certainty what league we’ll play in, if there will be a shortened season or if there will be a season at all. So there is absolutely nothing ‘usual’ about season ticket sales.

You use ‘at present’ to describe what’s happening with FoH contributions but it’s already obvious to everyone that money will need to be diverted to fund a period without football.

if players personal situations are holding the club back from implementing necessary policy pertinent to the very survival of the club then **** those players. Their personal circumstances are not more important than the club itself. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You must know much of what you say is misleading. 

There is zero certainty what league we’ll play in, if there will be a shortened season or if there will be a season at all. So there is absolutely nothing ‘usual’ about season ticket sales.

You use ‘at present’ to describe what’s happening with FoH contributions but it’s already obvious to everyone that money will need to be diverted to fund a period without football.

if players personal situations are holding the club back from implementing necessary policy pertinent to the very survival of the club then **** those players. Their personal circumstances are not more important than the club itself. 

And you must know much of what you say is misleading

The drama seekers are coming out in force the more this 'incident' goes on.

Like it or not and you clearly do not the players were given contracts by the club and to them their personal circumstances may be of more importance to them than the club.

They are not fans they are employees so whist you may feel one way it does not mean they are wrong to feel another way.

They may not agree that the club would go bust or be unable to meet their commitments...and the reason for the cuts is not because we are 'going bust' but to avoid debt.  Our club would survive even under the current circumstances.

Attacking players for simply asking for their salary seems to take us back to times where employers ruled the world and those daring to question would be punished.  Those days are gone and thank goodness for that.

Now as we can see the vast majority like many in these difficult times have agreed to make sacrifices so instead of going overboard praise them for the reality not the fantasy

husref musemic
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Like it or not and you clearly do not the players were given contracts by the club and to them their personal circumstances may be of more importance to them than the club.

They are not fans they are employees so whist you may feel one way it does not mean they are wrong to feel another way.

They may not agree that the club would go bust or be unable to meet their commitments...and the reason for the cuts is not because we are 'going bust' but to avoid debt.  Our club would survive even under the current circumstances.

Attacking players for simply asking for their salary seems to take us back to times where employers ruled the world and those daring to question would be punished.  Those days are gone and thank goodness for that.

Now as we can see the vast majority like many in these difficult times have agreed to make sacrifices so instead of going overboard praise them for the reality not the fantasy

12000 just got made redundant from BA. nobody has any idea when this is going to end.  

To stick up for footballers on six figures to take a modest salary cut at this time is pretty offensive. **** em.

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Those contracts that you mention give the club the right to suspend their wages. 

Perhaps the club deserve praise for not enforcing their rights and instead trying to negotiate. 

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

12000 just got made redundant from BA. nobody has any idea when this is going to end.  

To stick up for footballers on six figures to take a modest salary cut at this time is pretty offensive. **** em.

They haven’t been made redundant yet at BA. 

35 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

Offensive ?...what mixed up world do you live in ?

I was right ..the drama queens are taking over.

Batistuta87
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fair. 

He's not the first and won't be the last to underestimate how competitive it is up here. I think he gets it now. I would like to see what sort of a team he can put together and am 100% behind him for next season (if he stays - which it sounds like he will). 

Definitely agree that we looked better since he took over. I basically blame Perreira to be completely honest. I backed him and backed him probably in conversation with you before - thinking there must've been a keeper in there if Man Utd thought so - but he cost us so many goals and ultimately points. I genuinely think that if we had a better keeper or even if we had put Bobby in goals sooner, we would be nowhere near the bottom. 

Edited by Batistuta87

42 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Those contracts that you mention give the club the right to suspend their wages. 

Perhaps the club deserve praise for not enforcing their rights and instead trying to negotiate. 

You're right, the club do deserve praise. I think we have it bang on. 

But I won't be grabbing my pitchfork towards individual players not knowing their personal circumstances. I wouldn't do that to someone in the street. 

ginger jambo98
1 hour ago, husref musemic said:

I'm on a decent salary, not huge and nowhere near someone on £2k a week and my company has imposed a 10% salary reduction on me hopefully only for 3 months. I agree with you, footballers are only being asked for a modest cut comparable to their means. They're not even working at this stage, I'm still in full time. I hope they realise what a lot of fans are going through, some guys are self employed and yet to see anything through from central funding. 

24 minutes ago, Homme said:

You're right, the club do deserve praise. I think we have it bang on. 

But I won't be grabbing my pitchfork towards individual players not knowing their personal circumstances. I wouldn't do that to someone in the street. 

The club have decided that the hit needs to be taken as early as possible. Deferrals will not work. 

31 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's not the first and won't be the last to underestimate how competitive it is up here. I think he gets it now. I would like to see what sort of a team he can put together and am 100% behind him for next season (if he stays - which it sounds like he will). 

Definitely agree that we looked better since he took over. I basically blame Perreira to be completely honest. I backed him and backed him probably in conversation with you before - thinking there must've been a keeper in there if Man Utd thought so - but he cost us so many goals and ultimately points. I genuinely think that if we had a better keeper or even if we had put Bobby in goals sooner, we would be nowhere near the bottom. 

Same.

We were having a shitter of a season all round, but his performances were beyond shocking. Bobby should have gotten the nod a long time earlier. All 3 of our keepers aren't the standard we're used to (all very poor) but Bobby is a strong shot stopper. 

Joel should retire now. He doesn't deserve shot at another club. An utter abomination of a goalkeeper. The worst shot stopper I have ever saw at any level. Spartans have a better keeper. We could have taken literally any keeper from any club in Scotlands two top divisons and had an improvement on him. Terrible, terrible goalkeeper. 

Things down at the bottom of the table are so tight that every point matters, his performances cost us big time. He should know this and he should be ashamed of himself. Taking him on loan has cost us £3/4m as we're in all likelihood demoted and he's primarily responsible.