Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

55 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Perhaps Smith was the player isolated,  perhaps not, but perhaps. 

We never did find out who

I know who it was. By chance the same valet company cleans my cars and when he spotted my Hearts welcome mat, he proceeded to tell me he cleans a players very prized car... which happens to be green btw 😳

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

4 minutes ago, Hall said:

Washington & Uche. 

No idea if that is genuine or not but both of them are utterly useless. Two players who should be thankful they don't get paid on goals scored, they'd be living on the streets. 

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

EF327CC8-03F6-4C42-97FC-610CCBDF7B19.png

4CB878AE-6DE8-4E8E-B8FE-16438361E4C8.png

This is the same attitude as those folk protesting the lockdowns in America or demanding they be allowed to ride their bike and do whatever they want during shutdown. No sense of shared responsibility at all. In other businesses staff are trying to help their employer stay afloat so they have jobs at the end of it. In any case, no-one at Hearts is being asked to take a 50% cut.

Edited by ToqueJambo

eyesandears
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is the same attitude as those folk protesting the lockdowns in America or demanding they be allowed to ride their bike and do whatever they want during shutdown. No sense of shared responsibility at all. In other businesses staff are trying to hep their employer stay afloat so they have jobs at the end of it. In any case, no-one at Hearts is being asked to take a 50% cut.

ha ha ha bet Jamie has told her it's 50% and he's tucking away 20% in his hipper for the pub, bookies and call girls.

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wish I could live in Steph Walkers world.  Must be brilliant.  My income has dropped to zero Steph and has been that way for 7 weeks and continues to be that way.

I'm making what's called a sacrifice in the teeth of a global crisis.  I'm happy to do so.

Look for sacrifice in your dictionary Steph.  It comes straight after selfish.

Straight before selfish.  Speling was never my strong point.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

No hearts player has been asked to take a 50% wage cut. Walkers sister is talking our her hoop. 

Maybe Jamie was singled out for a bespoke 50% cut based on the fact that he’s invisible to the human eye.

Psychedelicropcircle

Delusional says Mrs walker eh you best rein it in hen as just like covid this is the peak on what will be a serious drop in coin! 

EDIT Turns out  it’s his sister he won’t have married her unless he’s from Elphinstone 🤙

Edited by Psychedelicropcircle

The amount of good faith Walkers had from the fans and the club is unreal.

If anyone should be bending over backwards to help the club out it should be him. 

None of us would actually give a **** if his contract was ripped up tomorrow. 

Is he really that thick that he neither recognises this nor, understands that it is pay cut or no pay? 

Honestly, just rip that laddies contract up, he's a waste of space. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

If anyone should be bending over backwards to help the club out it should be him. 

Is he really that thick that he neither recognises this nor, understands that it is pay cut or no pay? 

To be fair, it is his sister in full Karen mode, not the player himself.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Delusional says Mrs walker eh you best rein it in hen as just like covid this is the peak on what will be a serious drop in coin! 

EDIT Turns out  it’s his sister he won’t have married her unless he’s from Elphinstone 🤙

I kind of don't blame her tbh, she's thinking of herself and her own first, we all are. 

But she doesn't have a big picture view of what happens when a business has no income and employees who can't or won't compromise. Jamie's income is going to suffer massively, the football industry's on hold and he isn't insulated from that. Reality's a bitch.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Re-signing him was a huge error, that 90% of people with anything between their lugs could see. 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

To be fair, it is his sister in full Karen mode, not the player himself.

Aye well Geoff she must know he is one of them refusing the way she's going on about it. 

I'm hoping he refuses anyway. He's a waste of a wage. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Did we not have this same issue when the rangers tapping up fiasco was in full flow? 

He should maybe have a word with the family since it didn't help then and certainly won't help now. I would hope Jamie isn't one of the two holding out. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye well Geoff she must know he is one of them refusing the way she's going on about it. 

Maybe but much as I think re-signing Walker was a stupid move, I'm not going to call for a virtual lynching without some stronger evidence.

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Re-signing him was a huge error, that 90% of people with anything between their lugs could see. 

God yeah, did he even ditch his agent who instigated the cluster****?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I know who it was. By chance the same valet company cleans my cars and when he spotted my Hearts welcome mat, he proceeded to tell me he cleans a players very prized car... which happens to be green btw 😳

District of Columbia?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

ha ha ha bet Jamie has told her it's 50% and he's tucking away 20% in his hipper for the pub, bookies and call girls.

Not as daft as he looks eh

:jjyay:

jamboinglasgow

You would think after the problems caused to Jamie by his Dad's comments last time at Hearts, his family would learn to be careful on social media.

And she also ignores that smaller clubs have players on smaller wages who could put their players in furlough. Also think smaller clubs are going to suffer more as this goes on.

But, even if it took time, well done to the players for accepting the cuts. Puts an end to this protracted negotiation (easier to agree a end of contract with the other two.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I thought he offered something when he came back. Not often enough like everyone else mind you. He'll tear up the Championship next season though, assuming that's where we end up.

Jamie Walker would be earning less than 40% of his current contract if we didn’t sign him again, he’s a very fortunate laddie who has done very little in football for years and has sat injured for months again as expected this season.  His family should feel blessed not bitter.  

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I thought he offered something when he came back. Not often enough like everyone else mind you. He'll tear up the Championship next season though, assuming that's where we end up.

Vastly inflated wages to tear up the championship? Haud me back.  

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Last Laff said:

Vastly inflated wages to tear up the championship? Haud me back.  

The only thing that matters is that we tear up the championship and get back up straight away in style. If we have players on our books who can help us do that and we can afford them, that's a good thing.

Well as has been mentioned in what is an utterly awful situation here is the one bit of good news, no member of this board could get to more than three players in the entire squad that we will miss. 

These players will be legends for what they have achieved. That is the worst Hearts season in history. 

2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Well as has been mentioned in what is an utterly awful situation here is the one bit of good news, no member of this board could get to more than three players in the entire squad that we will miss. 

These players will be legends for what they have achieved. That is the worst Hearts season in history. 

1980/81 was the worst season in history 

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The only thing that matters is that we tear up the championship and get back up straight away in style. If we have players on our books who can help us do that and we can afford them, that's a good thing.

Let’s hope he doesn’t go down like a sack of spuds at Arbroath and sit in the physio room being fully paid for being injured again in that case. 

47 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It’s not that much of a surprise when you look back at how he behaved with the Rangers interest.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Let’s hope he doesn’t go down like a sack of spuds at Arbroath and sit in the physio room being fully paid for being injured again in that case. 

Yes, let's hope none of our players get injured.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Was it? Was it really? Really?

With the budget, facilities, level of support staff and expectations of this season? 

I’ll have to take your word for it as an too young for 80/81 but I doubt it. 

Holyrood_Hearts
49 minutes ago, OTT said:

Did we not have this same issue when the rangers tapping up fiasco was in full flow? 

He should maybe have a word with the family since it didn't help then and certainly won't help now. I would hope Jamie isn't one of the two holding out. 

I’m sure his dad went to the press claiming Hearts/Levein/Budge told lies about something. His family don’t do Jamie any favours whatsoever 

jambogirlglasgow

Very disappointed that they’ve accepted reductions in their pay. Booting every one of them out would have been my preference. 
The sense of entitlement shown by none other than Jamie Walker’s sister is staggering. Footballers being the only folk whose spending matches their pay apparently. She’s clearly as thick as her brother which is some achievement. 

8 hours ago, Le Chat said:

So, here's Michael Smith's Instagram story from this morning.

First run in a month.  And our players are wanting full whack??

Incredible.

smiffy.jpg

And?

Maybe he’s been carrying an injury?

Maybe he’s been on the bike in the house? 

Maybe he realises he won’t be back playing anytime soon and decides to go a walk with his children instead. 

15 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Absolutely. Forever remembered for failure. Absolute joke to call them professional footballers. Clowns. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

With the budget, facilities, level of support staff and expectations of this season? 

81/82 was also pretty bad. 3rd in the old First Division after paying a small fortune for Willie Pettigrew. 4 years later we were 7 minutes away from winning the Premier League title. 

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes, let's hope none of our players get injured.

Even better, let’s hope he and his wage is away from the club 👍

3 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

This. Smiths good but I’ve never got the hype, he’s a consistent 6.5/7 out of 10 player but he doesn’t score or assist and based on the ‘team’ performance he’s hardly one to drag the rest of the defence along either.

He’s a Northern Irish Robbie Neilson.

He doesn’t score or assist 😂 

He’s a defender ffs 

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That team was financially crippled this team has had everything it needed.

This team is the worst.

And Jamie Walker has and always will be a brainless shitbag who has contributed next to **** all in this team.

Edited by Jamboelite

Weakened Offender
14 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

It was a bad season but hardly unexpected. This season has been an utter diagrace. I have no sympathy with these people. Sod them all. 

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He’s a defender ffs 

He’s part of a defence that’s conceded 52 goals so far this season. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

He’s part of a defence that’s conceded 52 goals so far this season. 

Smith has been as solid as ever but you cant cover for the absolute shit in the middle with your two centre halves and a clown of a goalie.

Ibrahim Tall
6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He’s a defender ffs 

As were Paterson, Naysmith, Wallace, Pressley etc. You’re

missing the point though, he’s a defender in team that can’t keep a clean sheet and he offers very little offensively. He’s not

a ‘bad player’, if anything he’s a reliable 7/10 every week but he’s far from irreplaceable.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

fabienleclerq

I'm hoping the two haven't been paid .

If it is Walker he would've outdone his previous stupidity and that's saying something. Hes made a lot of money for the return hes given Hearts.

His sister obviously isnt in touch with reality either, he works a couple hours a day ffs and none atm. Smaller clubs pay smaller wages and aren't facing a potential three million black hole in part due to this shower of a squad. Also it's not a case of Hearts cant afford and they can its Hearts refusing to go into debt to pay people for nothing. Other teams who have deferred will feel the bite far longer than Hearts.

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

And?

Maybe he’s been carrying an injury?

Maybe he’s been on the bike in the house? 

Maybe he realises he won’t be back playing anytime soon and decides to go a walk with his children instead. 

He has been carrying a knock. I remember feeling slightly relieved when the first couple of games were postponed because he was injured and thought he'd be back when football resumed (wishfully thinking we were only going to have a few games postponed).

I follow him on Instagram though and he's had the kettle bells and stuff out so like you say just because he's not been running doesn't mean he's been sitting on his arse. He also has 2 kids under 3, and while he's a a footballer he is a Dad first. His Mrs doesn't seem to be around much - maybe she works away or something - either that or he just doesn't post pictures of/with her and he seems to have the kids to himself a lot, so it's possible he's a full time Dad right now. Which is obviously understandable.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Jamie's sister doesn't speak for Jamie. Behave yersel.

Weakened Offender
Just now, JyTees said:

Jamie's sister doesn't speak for Jamie. Behave yersel.

Folk said that about his wife when she was mouthing off about the club on social media as well.