Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

9 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

He is making it clear that he is reluctantly accepting a cut but he is not committed to the club.

Or maybe he’s winding up the fans as he knows the reaction it will get.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

11 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

He is making it clear that he is reluctantly accepting a cut but he is not committed to the club.

Are you from Hamilton? 🤔

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surely a statement soon regarding what players have refused to have wage cuts

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that front. Why would there be a statement naming players that have refused the cut ? It might well come out through the media but I can’t see the club having to make any more statements, we’ve made our stance on it.

8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Think they can still train as long as they are being paid for their time doing it unless I've read wrong. 

If you are not furloughed your employer can give you training programmes, monitor your performances etc remotely....as long as it is also monitored by a non furloughed employee.

Furloughed employees can have no contact with their employers that relate to their job specification.  Anything they do to keep their skill set up has to be off own back and pocket.

In Scotland anyway the guidelines for now are that professional sports people are far from being a key worker helping the health of the nation so players should be following the guidelines the rest of us are having to so outside of 30 - 60 minutes daily exercise everything else should be be done in the confines of their own property.

If the police spotted a footballer (anyone) in a local park with cones out doing sprints, training with a football or whatever the person really should be warned and told to move on.

Furloughed or not.

tolcross lad
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s quite a stretch on the info available, unless you have inside information. 

Its not really a stretch.Why would Michael Smith give such a message today of all days?

I doubt the club will make a statement, budge said it was open to review month to month so she won’t want to come out and name the players as there will be no way back for them 

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is Michael Smith speaking in code then?

Confusing. :lol:

Uche's Instagram has a picture of him in his kit.

Sub-text: "****ing hate Hearts."

Maybes aye, maybes no.

Now if furloughed, should Uche be in his Hearts kit and should he be sprinting up hills where the risks are higher?

Always more questions than answers.

🤔

11 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surely a statement soon regarding what players have refused to have wage cuts

I wouldn’t hold your breath for that. A name and shame statement may be box office for some but in reality it’s not the proper thing to do. We will likely know some of the individuals as they are released either voluntarily or by clause 12 but I would be gobsmacked if the club release a statement with names

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath for that. A name and shame statement may be box office for some but in reality it’s not the proper thing to do. We will likely know some of the individuals as they are released either voluntarily or by clause 12 but I would be gobsmacked if the club release a statement with names

I would imagine any statement would have legal considerations.  Don't think we will get anything naming players unless we announce specific players are leaving.  Even with that I'd imagine detail will be very basic.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Given we have a couple of loudmouth players who ran to the press and bitched about Stendel then I’d imagine we’ll start hearing snippets tomorrow and Wednesday.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Its not really a stretch.Why would Michael Smith give such a message today of all days?

I agree on the face of it - either stupid or calculated.

I agree with most recent posts though - would be very surprised at such unprofessionalism from someone I regarded as in our top two for professionalism.

But he should have clarified he’d been doing rehab or something because it makes him look stupid at best 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m sure there two current RB’s haven’t scored a cracker against Germany though. MO would take him on a one year deal and there’s more to this than meets the eye I would guess. Probably wants out due to all the shite he’s surrounded with and with AB saying either accept our terms  or we’ll use article 12 then maybe he’s just playing poker with us 🤔

Yeah and was badly at fault for the 5 German goals, he’s not up to Championship standard and at 32 and fighting with around 1000 other players at League 1&2 level I’m not convinced he will have many options down south. If we get demoted he might stay in the top league though. 

31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I really think the supporters deserve this information. Folk are out in the real world furloughed and having to get by on (as an example) £240 a week rather than the £300 they normally get and meanwhile footballers of the club they support are refusing to accept any reduction in pay. 

Give us the names please Ann. 

Should every company do the same? 

tokyowalnut

You would assume, or hope, that professional players, regardless of the % of wage they are receiving, would be at home training as appropriate. If any of our players are not maintaining a good level of fitness/strength/nutrition then their wages should be cut. You don't need to have home gym to do this! 

Good to see Uche training well! 

We may have an attitude of entitlement? 
We might come across as a bit wanky and over the top,what outsiders (players included) don’t understand is that we’ve been there and saved our club before and we’ll save it again so we are allowed to be annoyed with this ****gest!

They've put our club in this position and if it feels like we’re being issued on,it’s their *** fault!

Dont want to help our club?Then just fick off. 

33 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Take it you know this to be true and it's not just your opinion? 

Was he not playing through injury leading up to lockdown?

22 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

So he can catch out the gullible posters ?

William H. Bonney

Some of you lot need to masturbate into a sock or something. Far too much pent up aggression. 
All smith said was he was out on his first run in a month. 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Some of you lot need to masturbate into a sock or something. Far too much pent up aggression. 

To be honest im struggling to make it last for the recommended hour. Any more self isolating exercise advise? On average id need something that lasts the remaining 55 minutes. Thanks in advance😁

There will be no need to shout from the rooftops who has agreed a deal and who has not.

Players and agents will readily inform the media both social and otherwise

In this case we simply sit back and in many respects do nothing for we have made our decision and stance clearly already.

It is a time to just calm down and let events play out

28 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If you are not furloughed your employer can give you training programmes, monitor your performances etc remotely....as long as it is also monitored by a non furloughed employee.

Furloughed employees can have no contact with their employers that relate to their job specification.  Anything they do to keep their skill set up has to be off own back and pocket.

In Scotland anyway the guidelines for now are that professional sports people are far from being a key worker helping the health of the nation so players should be following the guidelines the rest of us are having to so outside of 30 - 60 minutes daily exercise everything else should be be done in the confines of their own property.

If the police spotted a footballer (anyone) in a local park with cones out doing sprints, training with a football or whatever the person really should be warned and told to move on.

Furloughed or not.

where is the guidance that outside exercise is 30-60 minutes? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Just had to read back 5 pages of seethe to realise that was the crime 

:rofl:

The body getting a rest is not a bad thing. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

😴 😴 Give it a ****ing break pal. 

If you guys calm down and start thinking about what you are saying I might. Would you expect your employer to release a press statement about your pay negotiations? 

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Smith is part of a squad that has been horseshit for 18 months.  He won’t be missed just like the rest of them. 

This. Smiths good but I’ve never got the hype, he’s a consistent 6.5/7 out of 10 player but he doesn’t score or assist and based on the ‘team’ performance he’s hardly one to drag the rest of the defence along either.

He’s a Northern Irish Robbie Neilson.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If you guys calm down and start thinking about what you are saying I might. Would you expect your employer to release a press statement about your pay negotiations? 

Surely Budge will be wanting to drive the narrative, I mean if you were her, would you rather a disgruntled player ran greetin to the press, or would you rather take any sensationalism out of it by pre-empting the snakery 

43 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Why? Any other time players contracts are terminated (in this case effectively terminated) there is a statement.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

The Future's Maroon
23 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

You would assume, or hope, that professional players, regardless of the % of wage they are receiving, would be at home training as appropriate. If any of our players are not maintaining a good level of fitness/strength/nutrition then their wages should be cut. You don't need to have home gym to do this! 

Good to see Uche training well! 

Thank feck Venacek isn’t still here, he would be worse than Nade/current Robbo 🙈

(tongue in cheek before the children react)!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

You read all that into "Just been on my first run in a month" and some smiley faces?

Remember!

During all this,Levein is sat in his deck chair hoovering up every penny he can get!

Absolute F*****g W****r that doesn’t give a shit about Hearts.

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They wouldn’t be making a statement about their pay negotiations, they’d be making a statement about the players contract being subject to Article 12. 

Do you really think that information should not be known? Really?

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Surely Budge will be wanting to drive the narrative, I mean if you were her, would you rather a disgruntled player ran greetin to the press, or would you rather take any sensationalism out of it by pre-empting the snakery 

She’s driven the narrative thus far. I can’t see her not seeing it through. She has been clear in the press what the options presented to the players were. She can’t now go radio silent on what the outcome is.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Barack said:

That could be a fun lockdown game. Someone puts up one of the players Instagram stories we guess the hidden message.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

This. Smiths good but I’ve never got the hype, he’s a consistent 6.5/7 out of 10 player but he doesn’t score or assist and based on the ‘team’ performance he’s hardly one to drag the rest of the defence along either.

He’s a Northern Irish Robbie Neilson.

Well said, I’ve been saying this for years.

tolcross lad
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You read all that into "Just been on my first run in a month" and some smiley faces?

Why make such a message at all. Christ man I am over 70 and run every other day.My sons who are footballers run every other day to keep themselves fit even knowing that they might not play this year.

Smith's message was calculated.

30 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

I've heard Jason Leitch mention it a few times.

And you are meant to do anything outside of your property at leisurely pace.  

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Should every company do the same? 

Publish lists of employees refusing to furlough while others accept it? Yes, most definitely. I can’t really be ****** by the attitude of some people that seem to think they shouldn’t be affected by the current situation. 

1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

Coincidence, poor judgment, wants to let folk know he’s out and about? Don’t know and neither do you because you’re guessing. 

Edited by GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, tolcross lad said:

Why make such a message at all. Christ man I am over 70 and run every other day.My sons who are footballers run every other day to keep themselves fit even knowing that they might not play this year.

Smith's message was calculated.

Run or jog? There's a difference.

tolcross lad
1 hour ago, Barack said:

There is no code.Its as clear as night is to day.

As someone said he is working his ticket..

Good player too.

38 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

1 hours exercise a day which was taken by everybody in the uk to mean outside excercise was announced by Boris at the start of lockdown and has been reinforced by several cabinet ministers, Nicola Sturgeon and lots of other people 

loveofthegame
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

As the players have been furloughed, we are not allowed to keep an eye on them apart from updating them on their employment situation.

I didn’t think we had actually furloughed them? Budge said they all received full wages last month and the deadline today was about % cut they’d take- that’s different to furlough no?!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Perhaps Smith was the player isolated,  perhaps not, but perhaps. 

We never did find out who

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Publish lists of employees refusing to furlough while others accept it? Yes, most definitely. I can’t really be ****** by the attitude of some people that seem to think they shouldn’t be affected by the current situation. 

I don’t think you have any say in whether you’re furloughed or not, the decision is about a pay cut or clause 12.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Perhaps Smith was the player isolated,  perhaps not, but perhaps. 

We never did find out who

It was one of the women’s team who had been abroad playing for Scotland I think.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think you have any say in whether you’re furloughed or not, the decision is about a pay cut or clause 12.

Think you’re right. Replace furloughed with refuse to take a pay cut and that’s my answer. Publish names of those who refuse and get the, out the door.